Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

I'm always a bit scared to read old threads! Lol! I guess I feel exactly the same I did those times though. Okay, I think my love grows a little bit every day :blush-anim-cl: There's no point to deny it. I never had a honey-moon period so it can't be over either, I just have a lot of love in my heart and it's growing every day, lol!

But I don't see him in a romantic way at all, I never did and I don't day dream about him (well not like that). I try not to judge anyone who is feeling that way, but for me that thought is really distant. I do think he is extremely beautiful and that's one reason I love taking photos of him, especially when he is feeling confident on stage - he can be very charismatic!

Still, it's not the reason why I like him, I take a lot of photos of everything beautiful and I find suggesting that a bit offensive. Like Mika was some kind of an object with pretty face (and not an intelligent, interesting artist) or like I was simple enough to use all my time and energy just watching someone's look (and not an average person loving his music/him as an artist)...

My husband is never jealous because he knows there's no need to (well he is not jealous type any way) and he can well handle "reasonable" amounts of Mika. A while ago I showed him a photo of Mika in a very stylish suit and he said "awwww, he looks so smart" and I'm sure there was warmth in his voice :shocked: I think he has grown to it.

I agree with you and I don't really understand why it's become so difficult to talk about this honestly now. I saw people in the French thread talking about how Mika is better looking and more their type than Roch Voisine and I bring it up here and everyone seems so defensive. :dunno:

I think we should also be able to talk about the fact that having that kind of crush on Mika can colour the way you perceive some of the things he does. I used to think about this all the time when I was going through that stage where I could look at his pretty face all day and I also think about it now that my mind is not under the spell of a couple of big brown eyes. :naughty:

I started a poll in 2007 asking if people would leave their partner for Mika and out of almost 500 responses only 4% said they didn't fancy him at all, the overwhelming majority said they would dump their partner and the remaining minority said they would at least consider it. :teehee:

As a very honeymoonish fan, I agree with your second paragraph. I am quite willing to overlook stuff. I admit it. It's hard though, with those eyes......:blush-anim-cl:

Still, it's not the reason why I like him, I take a lot of photos of everything beautiful and I find suggesting that a bit offensive. Like Mika was some kind of an object with pretty face (and not an intelligent, interesting artist) or like I was simple enough to use all my time and energy just watching someone's look (and not an average person loving his music/him as an artist)...

I never said that Mika is just an object with a pretty face. Just that there is not a whole lot more that anyone is going to glean about him solely from watching The Voice. Everyone argued with me about X Factor which is fair enough because I didn't watch most of it. But I saw the majority of the Voice and it is pretty mindless stuff.

When I hear people talking about how deep he is and what a caring human being he is and what a genius he is based on what he's doing on these shows I roll my eyes. I think older fans are projecting what they already know onto him and new fans are projecting their own ideals onto a pretty face. You might reasonably draw these conclusions about Mika based on some in-depth interviews (particularly ones where he can express himself directly in English or French) or real life interaction with him - but to get "genius" or "deep" out of him goofing around on some heavily edited TV show that is not even about him in a language he just learned yesterday is pretty far-fetched.

It is certainly not the impression I would get. I would think he was cute (looking), a bit obnoxious, well travelled and a lot posher than the boy in the Grace Kelly video.

Peter is the one who organised the weekend, so it's only normal he was there...

He set up the photo booth on the beach, making sure the children were at their best, for them to have nice pictures.

I can't blame the organization to use both Peter and Mika to promote what they're doing... I also like the fact that Mika didn't brag about it.

You and me both!

When I hear people talking about how deep he is and what a caring human being he is and what a genius he is based on what he's doing on these shows I roll my eyes. I think older fans are projecting what they already know onto him and new fans are projecting their own ideals onto a pretty face. You might reasonably draw these conclusions about Mika based on some in-depth interviews (particularly ones where he can express himself directly in English or French) or real life interaction with him - but to get "genius" or "deep" out of him goofing around on some heavily edited TV show that is not even about him in a language he just learned yesterday is pretty far-fetched.

I can't agree :fisch: but i really think that on this topic there can be many different points of view....

The point, IMO, is that in television, Mika can talk. :thumb_yello: He can take the time (in the show and in the related interviews) to tell his story: who he is, what he thinks, what he likes to do. For me it is a very important thing to get, especially for the kind of artist that Mika is....because they were his words, his way of behaving, his humility, his sensitivity that have opened the door to his music.

I know, they are only tv show. But they are long shows, it is impossibile to pretend all the time. Something of true comes out. His pretty face, in my opinion, has nothing to do with this. It was not his pretty face to win over new audiences, it was what the audiences saw behind it. Almost nobody knew him, a part from a few old songs, there was nothing to project on him. :dunno:

And i don't even think that it is his pretty face to retain the old fans: they have simply recognized on tv those elements of his personality that they have already known. The pretty face, all alone, is not enough. There are around so many pretty faces, even more pretty than his, with "the empty" around and inside. I really think that "the pretty face", at the end, is never the point. But this is only my opinion. :wub2:

Edited by Marta.

I can't agree :fisch: but i really think that on this topic there can be many different points of view.... :wink2:

Tha point, IMO, is that in television, Mika can talk. :thumb_yello: He can take the time to tell his story, who he is, what he thinks, what he likes to do. For me it is a very important thing to get, especially for the kind of artist that Mika is....because they were his words, his way of behaving, his humility, his sensitivity that have opened the door to his music.

I know, they are only tv show. But they are long shows, it is impossibile to pretend all the time. Something of true comes out. His pretty face, in my opinion, has nothing to do with this. It was not his pretty face to win over new audiences, it was what the audiences saw behind it. Nobody knew him, a part from a few old songs, there was nothing to project on him. :dunno:

And i don't even think that it is his pretty face to retain the old fans: they have simply recognized on tv those element of his character that they have already known. There are around so many pretty faces, even more pretty than his, with "the empty" around and inside. I really think that "the pretty face", at the end, is never the point. But this is only my opinion. :wub2:

You put it more brilliantly than I would have done. Thanks. At least we're 2.:huglove:

Only different points of view, I think. :wink2:

I start from my personal experience and from other friends who were impressed by Mika after XF. We all say the same thing: when I heard him, when he said that phrase, the day he did that gesture, when he talked about that thing in that way ... SBAMM. :shocked:

Something happened. The curiosity to know more. Who is this guy? Where do those words come from? What's behind his songs? More...and more....and yes, in that "more" there is also a pretty face but...ehm....well, perhaps it is a little bit overrated....he is not a greek statue.... :teehee::teehee: ...sometime he looks like a pink heron with long legs...:lmao:

Edited by Marta.

Only different points of view, I think. :wink2:

I start from my personal experience and from other friends who were impressed by Mika after XF. We all say the same thing: when I heard him, when he said that phrase, the day he did that gesture, when he talked about that thing in that way ... SBAMM. :shocked:

Something happened. The curiosity to know more. Who is this guy? Where do those words come from? What's behind his songs? More...and more....and yes, in that "more" there is also a pretty face but...ehm....well, perhaps it is a little bit overrated....he is not a greek statue.... :teehee::teehee: ...sometime he looks like a pink heron with long legs...:lmao:

Admit it. You knew this was coming:

mika.jpg

Almost nobody knew him, a part from a few old songs, there was nothing to project on him. :dunno:

I said they project their own ideals onto him because they like what they see on the surface. Every very new fan does this because they don't know anything about him.

And i don't even think that it is his pretty face to retain the old fans: they have simply recognized on tv those elements of his personality that they have already known.

That's what I said.

I can't agree :fisch: but i really think that on this topic there can be many different points of view....

The point, IMO, is that in television, Mika can talk. :thumb_yello: He can take the time (in the show and in the related interviews) to tell his story: who he is, what he thinks, what he likes to do. For me it is a very important thing to get, especially for the kind of artist that Mika is....because they were his words, his way of behaving, his humility, his sensitivity that have opened the door to his music.

I know, they are only tv show. But they are long shows, it is impossibile to pretend all the time. Something of true comes out. His pretty face, in my opinion, has nothing to do with this. It was not his pretty face to win over new audiences, it was what the audiences saw behind it. Almost nobody knew him, a part from a few old songs, there was nothing to project on him. :dunno:

And i don't even think that it is his pretty face to retain the old fans: they have simply recognized on tv those elements of his personality that they have already known. The pretty face, all alone, is not enough. There are around so many pretty faces, even more pretty than his, with "the empty" around and inside. I really think that "the pretty face", at the end, is never the point. But this is only my opinion. :wub2:

You put it more brilliantly than I would have done. Thanks. At least we're 2.:huglove:

Make it 3.

arg-4-50-trans.gif

Edited by A. Clay

I think he's super cute and talented in any language, but I'm anxious to hear him speak English again.

I didn't watch much of the Voice, but I did love that video someone made of clips with English subtitles for the audition part.

He's really changed in his dress and looks, part of aging, but I miss the curls.

Surely Mika has a pretty face... I don't hide it...sometimes he's very nice, especially with curls but I don't like him in that way.

I'm passionate about him especially for his music and for his incredible mind: he's really smart and he's one of the few celebrities that I know of to have such eclectic tastes. He goes from very light topics to serious and sometimes difficult ones... I was totally blown away when we once talked about astronomy: i was like "how does he know these things? They're very technical"...his knowledge is truly amazing

I'll always tell it: he amazes me every time!

But, I have to agree with you: most of the new fans (NOT everyone) are more interested in the aesthetic appearance ... maybe they are just teenagers looking for a new pop star who is not justin bibier or one direction... I don't know... Certainly, when the current trend will pass, we'll see which fans are really interested in his music and those who just wanted to follow a trend :dunno:

Peter is the one who organised the weekend, so it's only normal he was there...

He set up the photo booth on the beach, making sure the children were at their best, for them to have nice pictures.

I can't blame the organization to use both Peter and Mika to promote what they're doing... I also like the fact that Mika didn't brag about it.

:thumb_yello:

Concerning the other subject: Mika's hotness :mf_rosetinted:

I DO think Mika is a very handsome man, "très beau" in French, and he is totally my taste. I DO find him very attractive on many pictures, and when watching him on TV, I sometimes suddently realize or remember "oh, he is REALLY handsome :shocked:". And on stage, he has this charisma and this power that, especially when I watch complete videos of gigs (Bourges, Paleo, Napoli,... should I continue? :mf_rosetinted:), "take me", I don't know how to express it in English, I mean, I'm totally under his attraction power. And, yes, it is his charisma so it is physical.

BUT things have really changed for me since the TV shows and since I've met him for real, that is, since last August I think.

Before, this physical attraction for him was a big part of me as a fan. But now it's only a small part of it, as I said earlier, I usually forget it and get a shock when I see him on a pic or video.

Because when I'm in my normal life, yes, I'm thinking of him a lot, but nothing to do with him being handsome :teehee: And when I am (more or less) next to him, gigs, The Voice, meeting with other fans, I absolutely don't care about his physical appearence (except liking or not his suits :naughty:).

It is as if I care only for his hotness when I see an (beautiful) image of him, and not when I see Mika. Do you know what I mean?

And as images of him are now not so much important as they were before for me, this part of Mika is now one of the less interesting for me. As some of you said before, I much more care about what he is doing, saying, his project with Dario Fo which is not at all glamour... :aah::wink2:

And that's why I think I'm in the second step of my life as a fan :blush-anim-cl:

What I don't like with the Facebook post is not that the fan wrote this message, it's that his management is promoting this side of him, when there is absolutely no need (imo) to do it, as this is already one of the first thing we can see as fans. His management should help the fans, especially the new ones, to go to step 2, or to be interested in him more for his music or his other artistic projects, because it is why he is so unique and interesting I think. I mean, there are thousands and thousands of public figures more handsome than him, some people here even think that Rock Voisine is hot :mf_rosetinted:

:wink2::wink2:

I said they project their own ideals onto him because they like what they see on the surface. Every very new fan does this because they don't know anything about him.

Maybe in France he was well known even before The Voice...and there was an "idea of Mika" to make it real....but in Italy before XF, he was only a name, the memory of the sound of old songs... there were no ideals about Mika to projects.....:teehee:

That's what I said.

You said that older fans are projecting what they already know onto him... i think that it was not a projecting...it was a recognition in "the Mika on TV" of the same elements of his personality seen before in other times and other places...but this is a questionable theory... :teehee:

Before, this physical attraction for him was a big part of me as a fan.

Thank you for being honest and not claiming you saw Mika jumping up and down on a chair or giggling about willies and were only drawn to him because you detected immediately that he is a man of great depth and genius and etc. etc. :naughty:

What I don't like with the Facebook post is not that the fan wrote this message, it's that his management is promoting this side of him, when there is absolutely no need (imo) to do it, as this is already one of the first thing we can see as fans. His management should help the fans, especially the new ones, to go to step 2, or to be interested in him more for his music or his other artistic projects, because it is why he is so unique and interesting I think.

But he's barely working on anything else, at least in public. These shows are almost all of his public-facing work. If I came across Mika for the first time now I would think he is a TV star who used to be a singer. That's how I view the other coaches of The Voice. He is going to have to transition these fans from the you're so hot phase by doing something other than posing on TV.

And you know for some fans (actually the majority of "active" fans I believe) there will never be that transition. When you are drawn to someone because they are your physical ideal you tend to project all your other ideals onto them as well and oftentimes when you get to know them it turns out they were not what you expected.

There was a smart funny girl here in the early days who was very much into the culture of MFC and dressing up for gigs and interested in everything about Mika. She wasn't what we used to call a "drooler". She wasn't screaming about how hot Mika was, etc. But one day she said "I just don't fancy him anymore. I'm sorry I just don't." I never saw her again.

Likewise I have never seen all the hundreds of girls called some variation of MrsHolbrook4ever&ever<3!!!~ again. What can you do?

I think we share the same experience, Marta. For me the 'turning point' was Mika being a guest judge at XF Italy two years ago, when he was promoting tool and sang underwater, and they asked him to be a guest judge for a manche.

I was really impressed because each of his 'judgements' was very straight-to-the-point and extremely appropriate, and I also loved the fact that he said what he thought, also negative stuff about the performances, despite him being only a guest judge and being the semifinal of the show.

That is when my perspective changed, I only knew Mika as the 'curly and colored guy who used to sing in falsetto about lollipops', and in that moment I really got curious and started searching for what he had been doing in those years that I had missed.

That's how I fell in love with his music (strangely I never had a 'crush moment', I've always been very rational about it), but for me what really intrigued me was how his personality showed through his music, and I have to say that hadn't been for his appearance at XF I never would have had the interest in checking what he was doing, I would have stuck to the image of the curly boy singing in falsetto. And I would have missed a LOT :)

Maybe in France he was well known even before The Voice...and there was an "idea of Mika" to make it real....but in Italy before XF, he was only a name, the memory of the sound of old songs... there were no ideals about Mika to projects.....:teehee:

I guess I am not making myself clear. When you have your ideal man in mind he may have brown hair, he may be tall, maybe he loves animals and children, maybe he is really smart, maybe he is romantic, maybe he doesn't drink too much, maybe he is loyal, maybe Glee is his favourite show, etc. etc. When you first meet someone you don't know if they have any of these qualities and values and interests. All you know is they have brown hair and they are tall. And since their looks match your ideal you are hoping everything else matches your ideals too. Unfortunately this is rarely the case. :naughty:

You said that older fans are projecting what they already know onto him... i think that it was not a projecting...it was a recognition in "the Mika on TV" of the same elements of his personality seen before in other times and other places...but this is a questionable theory... :teehee:

I guess I was watching some other show then. Even when he was singing it felt posed and a show for the camera, unlike his usual performances at a gig or a festival.

:thumb_yello:

Concerning the other subject: Mika's hotness :mf_rosetinted:

I DO think Mika is a very handsome man, "très beau" in French, and he is totally my taste. I DO find him very attractive on many pictures, and when watching him on TV, I sometimes suddently realize or remember "oh, he is REALLY handsome :shocked:". And on stage, he has this charisma and this power that, especially when I watch complete videos of gigs (Bourges, Paleo, Napoli,... should I continue? :mf_rosetinted:), "take me", I don't know how to express it in English, I mean, I'm totally under his attraction power. And, yes, it is his charisma so it is physical.

BUT things have really changed for me since the TV shows and since I've met him for real, that is, since last August I think.

Before, this physical attraction for him was a big part of me as a fan. But now it's only a small part of it, as I said earlier, I usually forget it and get a shock when I see him on a pic or video.

Because when I'm in my normal life, yes, I'm thinking of him a lot, but nothing to do with him being handsome :teehee: And when I am (more or less) next to him, gigs, The Voice, meeting with other fans, I absolutely don't care about his physical appearence (except liking or not his suits :naughty:).

It is as if I care only for his hotness when I see an (beautiful) image of him, and not when I see Mika. Do you know what I mean?

And as images of him are now not so much important as they were before for me, this part of Mika is now one of the less interesting for me. As some of you said before, I much more care about what he is doing, saying, his project with Dario Fo which is not at all glamour... :aah::wink2:

And that's why I think I'm in the second step of my life as a fan :blush-anim-cl:

What I don't like with the Facebook post is not that the fan wrote this message, it's that his management is promoting this side of him, when there is absolutely no need (imo) to do it, as this is already one of the first thing we can see as fans. His management should help the fans, especially the new ones, to go to step 2, or to be interested in him more for his music or his other artistic projects, because it is why he is so unique and interesting I think. I mean, there are thousands and thousands of public figures more handsome than him, some people here even think that Rock Voisine is hot :mf_rosetinted:

:wink2::wink2:

For me, it was never actually about his looks. Having seen him, or pictures of him, many times, I "remember" that he is a handsome man, but I don't "remember" his face.

(Every time I see a face, I'm seeing it for the first time, as I don't retain the memory of a face)

I first heard him on the radio and it was his voice, and something about his voice that got to me. He honestly could have looked like the love-child of Quasimodo and it would have made no difference.

He's also a couple of months younger than my son, so it would be weird of me to fancy him. I don't think of him romantically. He's more like a family member, in my heart.

But the best of Mika is what's inside him and the TV shows have shown that part of him.

The picture on Facebook didn't bother me, but having read through the posts, I see your point. It would be much more useful for the Facebook team to post about Mika's upcoming single, than to post about something everyone already knows.

If Mika is releasing a single this month, it really is time we were heading about it. This is what Facebook should be used for at this point in time.

hmm, for me being a fan also started with mika's good looks, and his personality, as far as i could judge that from interviews. sure, i loved grace kelly, that was the starting point. but i don't become a huge fan of someone and travel to gigs, just because of a song or an album. so at the beginning, i loved gk, i thought he was hot, and i liked the way he acted in interviews (i think the first one i saw was the penguin one, and i adored it! tho i think he didn't say really much there...). nowadays, italian fans love stardust, think he's hot, and like the way he acts on xfactor. :dunno:

then i went to a gig, and i was hooked. today i'm a mika fan for many many reasons - but i guess if he wasn't so good looking, and hadn't impressed me so much with the way he acts in interviews, it might not have started in the first place.

to be fair, it wouldn't have gotten far without the gigs either. just seeing him on tv wouldn't have been enough for me in the long run. so let's hope he starts touring again before today's "mika you're so hot"-fans start losing interest.

i haven't watched the casting shows, so i can't say anything about that. but i think there's something in between "just" good looks and the actual personality, that can appeal to you in a very special way. just the way someone acts. yes it's true, you also start interpreting things based on that, if you don't really know this person. but still it's more than just looks and a cute smile. charisma? whatever. at least mika had it in that penguin interview, although you certainly can't call that deep. :teehee:

as for the banner posted on fb, i don't mind it. most successful stars also have an image as a sex symbol. just think about freddie, or elton john in his early years. sure, many lose it as they get older (not all tho, how about tina turner or tom jones?)... but mika's not too old for it yet. :teehee: and there are a lot more lyrics or gig videos posted on his fb page, i don't think the occasional reminder that he's not only a fab singer/performer, but also a hot guy, does any harm. :teehee:

For me it all started with XFactor. As I wrote in my introduction to this forum, I don’t usually listen to the radio, so I wasn’t really aware of who Mika was. Of course I knew the song Grace Kelly, and I liked both Rain and Love Today, but it ended there, for me.

I had no intention whatsoever to watch the last season of XFactor: I had watched all the previous ones, and I had had enough of it. It was the same old story every year, and I had started enjoying the show less and less with every season that was aired.

When I heard that there would be Mika as a judge, I decided to watch the first episode of the auditions because I was curious. I love foreign languages, they’re my biggest passion and I’ve studied some of them for years, so what I really wanted to see was how he was going to speak Italian, that is a pretty difficult language. I have to admit I wasn’t expecting him to be able to communicate so efficiently, and this really impressed me. I also noticed that he’s quite an handsome man, I would be lying if I told you the contrary. I loved watching him interact with Morgan and Elio, and I appreciated almost all his choices during the course of the show.

I guess at some point I found myself becoming more and more curious about him as an artist, and that’s when I started to develop an actual interest in him and his world.

That’s how I started looking for his albums and I discovered songs that are today very dear to me.

Then I heard Toy Boy, read its lyrics, and I was hooked.

For me it all started with XFactor. As I wrote in my introduction to this forum, I don’t usually listen to the radio, so I wasn’t really aware of who Mika was. Of course I knew the song Grace Kelly, and I liked both Rain and Love Today, but it ended there, for me.

I had no intention whatsoever to watch the last season of XFactor: I had watched all the previous ones, and I had had enough of it. It was the same old story every year, and I had started enjoying the show less and less with every season that was aired.

When I heard that there would be Mika as a judge, I decided to watch the first episode of the auditions because I was curious. I love foreign languages, they’re my biggest passion and I’ve studied some of them for years, so what I really wanted to see was how he was going to speak Italian, that is a pretty difficult language. I have to admit I wasn’t expecting him to be able to communicate so efficiently, and this really impressed me. I also noticed that he’s quite an handsome man, I would be lying if I told you the contrary. I loved watching him interact with Morgan and Elio, and I appreciated almost all his choices during the course of the show.

I guess at some point I found myself becoming more and more curious about him as an artist, and that’s when I started to develop an actual interest in him and his world.

That’s how I started looking for his albums and I discovered songs that are today very dear to me.

Then I heard Toy Boy, read its lyrics, and I was hooked.

:thumb_yello: This describes perfectly well what I hoped would happen to people, who didn't know MIKA so much before XF! Thanks for telling - to both you and other MFCers - who now appreciate MIKA and his music :fisch:

Btw, "Toy Boy" is one of my abs. favs. among his songs - imo, it's a masterpiece, like many others ...:wub2:

Love,love

me