Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

Oh boy.

What is he ready to do just to mislead this topic out of his hotness. Now he's releasing his new single so that we can talk about something else. :aah::floor:

we should talk about his hotness more often - maybe we'll even get an album then? :das::naughty:

Maybe he's making everyone think it will be French and it's probably Italian:naughty:

I hope for his sake it is English though, he needs to get his non French and Italian fans back or the next album is going to go the way of TOOL.

Maybe he's making everyone think it will be French and it's probably Italian:naughty:

I hope for his sake it is English though, he needs to get his non French and Italian fans back or the next album is going to go the way of TOOL.

Exactly what I'm worried about... We'll see I guess.

French is a great language, but I'm afraid it won't do much for him in the rest of Europe.

But, I could be wrong: there are examples of french songs that became hits overhere.

Stromae is the last and I think quite the only lonely one...

Does it really matter at this point if it's not English? I can't imagine it will be promoted in English countries any more than Live Your Life was. As long as it's a proper pop single like Elle Me Dit and not some lame dated tune about Doriand growing old it will serve its purpose. He has spent the past 6 months priming the French public for his music and since the album is not ready for release here is the single. If he's written a bunch of French songs it seems to me that now is the perfect time to use one of them. Because if not now, when? Some huge mess of an album promo with a French single in France and an English single everywhere else? Neither of which will get the support it deserves to make them a success?

French is a great language, but I'm afraid it won't do much for him in the rest of Europe.

But, I could be wrong: there are examples of french songs that became hits overhere.

We have had foreign language songs get to #1 here in the UK, but they actually got released here.

Elle Me Dit didn't and he lost out on a great opportuity.

I suspect the same will happen with this one too, if it is French and doesn't get a release here.

We have had foreign language songs get to #1 here in the UK, but they actually got released here.

Elle Me Dit didn't and he lost out on a great opportuity.

I suspect the same will happen with this one too, if it is French and doesn't get a release here.

But he hasn't been able to get an English song to take hold on British radio in years. How much of an opportunity is there for a French one? The only foreign language songs that work in English Canada are accompanied by a huge worldwide dance craze like the Macarena or Gangnam Style. Even Celine Dion could not get French songs on English radio.

From Mika's Facebook:

Exciting news! Mika has a new single coming! More info and full cover art to be released tomorrow…. Can you guess what this is?

1384206_10152237241328040_8530886280114541463_n_zpsf6597464.jpg

My guess - it's written Mika in the clouds, there's someone standing in front on some kind of the road or path, two palm trees left and right, mountains in the back. I have no idea what's that red thing on the left. Colours are back! I'm happy.:naughty:

My guess - it's written Mika in the clouds, there's someone standing in front on some kind of the road or path, two palm trees left and right, mountains in the back. I have no idea what's that red thing on the left. Colours are back! I'm happy.:naughty:

I might be wrong but looks like a tree to me :dunno:

It needs to be in english and he needs to get lots of downloads on wednesday, so that he can reach the charts again in the UK. Or in the US, because then it is likely to spread, and the french will buy it anyway, regardless of the language.

I am kind of guessing that it is going to be in french, because Nikos announced it, you suscribe in a french website and Doriand commented...:mf_rosetinted:

Doriand is giggling on twitter.

I wonder.

Anyway, I've always been fine with french songs, so I don't mind.

My husband says it will be in norwegian though.

:thumb_yello: I agree - french is a lovely language, also for music ...:fisch:

Give your husband my love!!:naughty: I'm sooo excited for tomorrow!! :teehee:

Love,love

me

It needs to be in english and he needs to get lots of downloads on wednesday, so that he can reach the charts again in the UK. Or in the US, because then it is likely to spread, and the french will buy it anyway, regardless of the language.

I am kind of guessing that it is going to be in french, because Nikos announced it, you suscribe in a french website and Doriand commented...:mf_rosetinted:

But without any promo here in the UK, Mika's song will be wasted. It won't get played on the radio, so UK people won't know it exists. So it might as well be in Chinese for all the good it will do Mika over here.

But will it even be released in UK? The same label didn't release EMD here. I always think that he lost UK fans when there was a French Song for France and nothing for the rest of his fans, in other countries.

Surely he should be trying to get the UK back, and also USA if he eventually wants to write for the movies. Not just concentrating on the French market. But I have a sad suspicion that the single will not be released in UK after all. I'm disappointed.

So the album might as well be called, Into The Vortex, because in the UK, he might as well wash it down the plug hole, unless he bucks his ideas up and does some serious promotion for it.

Well, neither Doriand or Mika really have French writing skills a la Stromae, so not sure if that's going to work.

I might be wrong but looks like a tree to me :dunno:

No, it's a totemlike thing with the name of the single on it.

But without any promo here in the UK, Mika's song will be wasted. It won't get played on the radio, so UK people won't know it exists. So it might as well be in Chinese for all the good it will do Mika over here.

But will it even be released in UK? The same label didn't release EMD here. I always think that he lost UK fans when there was a French Song for France and nothing for the rest of his fans, in other countries.

Surely he should be trying to get the UK back, and also USA if he eventually wants to write for the movies. Not just concentrating on the French market. But I have a sad suspicion that the single will not be released in UK after all. I'm disappointed.

So the album might as well be called, Into The Vortex, because in the UK, he might as well wash it down the plug hole, unless he bucks his ideas up and does some serious promotion for it.

You might be onto something there, with the name of the album. Maybe that's what it will be called, as like you say, outside of France and Italy, he seems to have disappeared into one.