I love the lines he sings in spanish in LYL. He's is /was so good speaking spanish, I was sad when I did notice in many gigs out of Spain he sang the lines in english. Do you think that ppl who's not spanish will be annoying if he sings that bit in spanish? :dunno:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the lines he sings in spanish in LYL. He's is /was so good speaking spanish, I was sad when I did notice in many gigs out of Spain he sang the lines in english. Do you think that ppl who's not spanish will be annoying if he sings that bit in spanish? :dunno:

I don't think it's about spanish particularly,it's a little disturbing when he's jumping from a language to another in the same song.That's why I don't like the italian version of Stardust as well,I prefer him to sing the entire song in the same language,but this is only my opinion,of course :wink2:

I don't think it's about spanish particularly,it's a little disturbing when he's jumping from a language to another in the same song.That's why I don't like the italian version of Stardust as well,I prefer him to sing the entire song in the same language,but this is only my opinion,of course :wink2:

I don't like mixing two languages in a song too but for me LYL sound better than Stardust but here the problem is not the language, at least from Mika's side :naughty:

I don't like mixing two languages in a song too but for me LYL sound better than Stardust but here the problem is not the language, at least from Mika's side :naughty:

Then what's the problem,if it's not the language?I guess it's not about his accent,because I couldn't tell if he's better on spanish than in italian,for me is the same thing :dunno:

I understand what Sabine means - there`s nothing against Chinese or other language. We are just not ready for this kind of thing in Mika`s creative work.

For instance , I`m Russian, but I wouldn`t like Mika singing in Russian ! This is not his style, he doesn`t need such experiments:naughty: , imho.

I personally have no problem with Mika singing in French or whatever language he chooses, but the UK market probably wouldn't want that. I think we're spoiled in the UK because English is the language we mainly hear. We've got lazy about other languages really. So he would probably need to do English versions of the French songs, to sell to the UK.

I personally have no problem with Mika singing in French or whatever language he chooses, but the UK market probably wouldn't want that. I think we're spoiled in the UK because English is the language we mainly hear. We've got lazy about other languages really. So he would probably need to do English versions of the French songs, to sell to the UK.

Well, I hope this wise idea will come to the minds of Mika`s UK management someday.

Mika said this about his new album in a recently interview:

What can you tell us about the new album?

It will not be electronic. It looks more like the songs that I wrote when I was 21 years old. "The Origin Of Love", my last album, was built and very intricate. Now I change everything.

I'm glad to read that but curious as well :teehee:

Mika said this about his new album in a recently interview:

What can you tell us about the new album?

It will not be electronic. It looks more like the songs that I wrote when I was 21 years old. "The Origin Of Love", my last album, was built and very intricate. Now I change everything.

I'm glad to read that but curious as well :teehee:

Yes, me too, I'm very curious now :wub2:

Built and intricate. Does that have a negative meaning according to you?

I so love it... :(

I don't know what intricate means :mf_rosetinted:

But I know "built", and for me it's not negativ.

The new album will simply be different, not better (or maybe it will, but we don't know yet :wink2:). Maybe he means that it will be more instinctive and impulsive (not sure these words are English :aah:)

That's what I think. More impulsive and instinctive (I checked out for the words, it's english!). Built to me sounds a bit negative, but I'm not sure, so ... I suppose it's just a word, then who knows what he wants to mean ...

I'm glad to you it's not. I hope so!

Built and intricate. Does that have a negative meaning according to you?

I so love it... :(

It sounds a bit negative to me and first I felt sad to read it because I love TOOL, it's my favorite of his albums. Then I realized that I don't actually listen to TOOL, I mean as an album. It would never even come to my mind to listen to it regularly as an album. I love the songs from it, but I always listen to either acoustic versions or live versions. I prefer acoustic songs because they are simpler and because that way I can concentrate on his singing and live versions are always different (and that's the whole point). I do sometimes listen to album versions for some songs (like Karen because I really like the album version and Tah Dah because he doesn't do it live).

So I hope he didn't mean it any negative way and that he does like TOOL and the songs in it but simply wants to make something less electronic maybe even acoustic, which would be perfect :wub2:

That's what I think. More impulsive and instinctive (I checked out for the words, it's english!). Built to me sounds a bit negative, but I'm not sure, so ... I suppose it's just a word, then who knows what he wants to mean ...

I took "built and intricate" to mean layered, as in 'built up'; especially since he said the next album will not be electronic & more like his earlier songs (which to me means simpler and more piano-based). :dunno:

That's maybe because I translate "built" with the French word "construit" which for me is positiv for an album (it would mean organized, that he worked a lot on it, trying to think about every little detail). But maybe I'm wrong for the translation of the word, so I don't know

I can't find the quote now, but . . . didn't he also say that TOOL was going to be simpler and less layered, before he started recording it? Also, that it would be a "**** off" album, before he changed his mind and fell back in love.

Inspiration can come along and screw up one's plans! :naughty:

I can't find the quote now, but . . . didn't he also say that TOOL was going to be simpler and less layered, before he started recording it? Also, that it would be a "**** off" album, before he changed his mind and fell back in love.

Inspiration can come along and screw up one's plans! :naughty:

he did say that. then an interviewer quoted him and he said he didn't know why he said that cuz it's crazy layered :aah:

• 1 month later...

Mika himself today:

MIKA official @mikasounds

1st day back in the studio. Aller aller!

Post on FB 22th January:

We have received loads of letters asking about Mika's music and if he's working on a new record, plus we know a lot of you are talking about it and worrying that TV shows and other things mean he's not writing music. We wanted to put your mind at rest - we are happy to confirm that Mika is already working on his next album and will be spending time in the studio in the next few months. We'll keep you posted on the news but expect exciting things…

Télé 7 Jours Interview:

"Je travaille sur mon quatrième album. J'ai déjà écrit quatre chansons en français. Le disque sera drôle, festif. C'est ma force à moi, ça! Être… un enfant terrible."

Translation by Camille: "I'm working on my 4th album. I've already written 4 songs in French. The album will be funny. It's my strength. Be an 'enfant terrible'."

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3983786&postcount=197

Télé Cable Sat Interview:

Ce sera un album avec beaucoup d'humour. Ça parlera de la vie, du côté ridicule de certaines situations. Il y aura aussi plus de chansons en français!

Translation by Ysa: "It will be an album with a lot of humour. It will talk about life & the ridiculous of some situations and there will be more songs in french"

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3983752&postcount=194

Elpais interview

Saldrá a la venta este año. La gente que lo ha escuchado dice que suena a mí cuando era adolescente, cuando tenía 19 años.

Google translate: "It goes on sale this year. People who have heard it said that sounds to me as a teenager, when I was 19."

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28602

That's maybe because I translate "built" with the French word "construit" which for me is positiv for an album (it would mean organized, that he worked a lot on it, trying to think about every little detail). But maybe I'm wrong for the translation of the word, so I don't know

Build means "construire" to me too :thumb_yello:

But he needs to build (make) it ...it doesn't mean it will be sophisticated or simple, just that Mika will "create" it... craft it :wink2:

I'm hoping he'll stick to the four French songs he mentioned already :mf_rosetinted:

I want English songs :blush-anim-cl:

I took "built and intricate" to mean layered, as in 'built up'; especially since he said the next album will not be electronic & more like his earlier songs (which to me means simpler and more piano-based). :dunno:

That's exactly what I took it to mean. But we'll have to wait and see. I'm glad he's not just sticking to one formula. That's what makes him interesting.

• 1 month later...
Mika himself today:

MIKA official @mikasounds

1st day back in the studio. Aller aller!

Post on FB 22th January:

We have received loads of letters asking about Mika's music and if he's working on a new record, plus we know a lot of you are talking about it and worrying that TV shows and other things mean he's not writing music. We wanted to put your mind at rest - we are happy to confirm that Mika is already working on his next album and will be spending time in the studio in the next few months. We'll keep you posted on the news but expect exciting things…

Télé 7 Jours Interview:

"Je travaille sur mon quatrième album. J'ai déjà écrit quatre chansons en français. Le disque sera drôle, festif. C'est ma force à moi, ça! Être… un enfant terrible."

Translation by Camille: "I'm working on my 4th album. I've already written 4 songs in French. The album will be funny. It's my strength. Be an 'enfant terrible'."

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3983786&postcount=197

Télé Cable Sat Interview:

Ce sera un album avec beaucoup d'humour. Ça parlera de la vie, du côté ridicule de certaines situations. Il y aura aussi plus de chansons en français!

Translation by Ysa: "It will be an album with a lot of humour. It will talk about life & the ridiculous of some situations and there will be more songs in french"

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3983752&postcount=194

Elpais interview

Saldrá a la venta este año. La gente que lo ha escuchado dice que suena a mí cuando era adolescente, cuando tenía 19 años.

Google translate: "It goes on sale this year. People who have heard it said that sounds to me as a teenager, when I was 19."

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28602

Is there any link for every one of those interviews? I only have the one from "El Pais"

Which links do you mean? Coz there are links for each of them in your quote :wink2:

Oh I see, I wanted to say like this one:

http://smoda.elpais.com/articulos/mika-louboutin-empezo-a-disenar-zapatillas-de-hombre-por-mi/4299

the link of the magazine's article, you know what I mean? :blush-anim-cl: