Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

I agree. If he really said that and really believes he was hiding something I think he is very very naive. :naughty: And as far as his sexual orientation goes I can't believe his older sisters weren't aware of it when he was a teenager if not earlier. I mean he was bullied about it as a child so even other children could sense it. Maybe he dated girls at some point so I guess it's plausible Yasmine believed he also liked girls. But as Mika said himself he has never worn a beard so even that would have been before he was famous/involved in his current relationship.

if most of us could tell/guess/suspect, how could the people close to him, people he saw on a daily basis not do so also?

Maybe that's when he wrote it black on white, but i can't imagine they were surprised by it.

my opinion anyways... :blush-anim-cl:

Unconsciously I already knew about it when I first heard and saw Grace Kelly video :blush-anim-cl: He was so much like my childhood sweetheart , graceful and with a touch of glitter :blush-anim-cl:

And Mika never tried to hide it ...anyone who listens to his songs lyrics can sense how much of his himself he put it them...

So if fans could feel it how could his family be surprised ?

I'm with Guy and Christine :thumb_yello:

And Mika never tried to hide it ...anyone who listens to his songs lyrics can sense how much of his himself he put it them...

He better thanks English which doesn't ask for gender adjectives like French or Italian do. A way much easier to stay vague. :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

He better thanks English which doesn't ask for gender adjectives like French or Italian do. A way much easier to stay vague. :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

That is so true Sylvie :thumb_yello:

I myself translated something Mika had written once and used "lui" when he mentioned someone he had dated and in English Mika has used a neutral word, but I automatically used "lui" because to me Mika meant "lui" and many fans thought he had come out when he hadn't officially at that time :teehee:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Although I think his family, those closest to him knew it already, it's completely another thing to say in front of them openly and “officially/formally” that you are gay and you love another man.

Just as he has officially said it to the fans and the press, “a freedom statement”, do you remember?

If there is anyone who believes this is easy for someone, whoever he or she is, well, it is absolutely not the case.Our society, even now, does not make it possible, unfortunately.If I'm not mistaken Mika said some time ago that he had been afraid to tell his relatives, because no one else in his extended family, besides him, was gay and therefore he never had a reference point and did not know how they would react.

About Yasmine, I don’t know if he was being serious, or if maybe it was a joking and ironic sentence of which the journalist has completely missed the irony or she wanted to make it (the article and the coming out story) “more interesting”, it would not be the first time!

If no one has yet seen/watched the coming out of Ellen Page, I heartily recommend it to you, it’s very interesting and moving and can make better understand gay people’s feelings:

http://mikaljcious.tumblr.com/post/76748402946/and-we-deserve-to-experience-love-fully-equally

I don't get this part :aah: or does beard mean something else than these hairs on the bottom of the mouth? :shocked:

It means he never tried to appear as somebody he is not... Like Elton John who was once married with a woman :)

It very specifically means using a woman to appear straight.

Although I think his family, those closest to him knew it already, it's completely another thing to say in front of them openly and “officially/formally” that you are gay and you love another man.

Just as he has officially said it to the fans and the press, “a freedom statement”, do you remember?

If there is anyone who believes this is easy for someone, whoever he or she is, well, it is absolutely not the case.

I don't think anyone is saying it was easy for him. Just that it's not very plausible that his immediate family didn't know regardless of whether he made a formal statement or not. At least not during the past few years anyway. None of us have any idea what was going on in his life when he was 18 but when he was 25, etc...

If no one has yet seen/watched the coming out of Ellen Page, I heartily recommend it to you, it’s very interesting and moving and can make better understand gay people’s feelings:

http://mikaljcious.tumblr.com/post/76748402946/and-we-deserve-to-experience-love-fully-equally

Yes I saw the other night. Very proud of her. (I'm not gay but I am Canadian :naughty:). I hope it brings her nothing but freedom and happiness and support. She is an amazing talent and extremely bright with a strong social conscience. Love her. :wub2:

That is so true Sylvie :thumb_yello:

I myself translated something Mika had written once and used "lui" when he mentioned someone he had dated and in English Mika has used a neutral word, but I automatically used "lui" because to me Mika meant "lui" and many fans thought he had come out when he hadn't officially at that time :teehee:

I'm sooo glad he came out before I started to translate :doh:

Oh dear. :aah:

I don't think anyone is saying it was easy for him. Just that it's not very plausible that his immediate family didn't know regardless of whether he made a formal statement or not. At least not during the past few years anyway. None of us have any idea what was going on in his life when he was 18 but when he was 25, etc...

I agree with you.What I meant is that perhaps they had never faced each other the topic openly and he naively thought that his family did not know and was afraid of their reaction, so he delayed and delayed "the great revelation" (he thought it such!:teehee:).But it was still a step that he had to do for himself.

And who knows what the journalist understood about Yasmine!

I agree with you.What I meant is that perhaps they had never faced each other the topic openly and he naively thought that his family did not know and was afraid of their reaction, so he delayed and delayed "the great revelation" (he thought it such!:teehee:).But it was still a step that he had to do for himself.

She signed her article, maybe we could ask her on twitter if she has one... :teehee:

First part

Mika and Kylie Minogue in The Voice

A sacred union

The international star is coming to give a hand to her friend who is a coach in the battles

It is flawless. Since Mika joined the judges of The Voice third season, each week the show almost reaches 40 percent of viewers each week and an average of more than nine million people watching it on TF1.

With the battles which will begin next week, two talents who belong to a same team will have to compete against each other. Once again Mika will probably get all attention since Kylie Minogue -who s already been a coach in the British and Australian versions of The Voice-who will help Mika for this part of the show. Both artists are telling us a bit about their adventures in The Voice.

Choices and dilemnas

"Frankly, I was amazed by the first statistics about the views" confesses Mika. "It's always strange to be invited to a party that has already started. So , at the begining, of course, I was a bit nervous." Today far from being reassured , the coach continues the adventure with additional pressure. During the battles, he has to chose the songs with which the talents have to fight one against another , and he's going to eliminate half of his team. ..."I'm not going to live, yes, it was hard? Sometimes I hace had to chose between someone I really enjoy and someone I'm less at ease with. But I'm not here to find my best friend, I'm only here in order to chose a musician , and they are not always easy to get along with.

"Some might think I'm cold but I have tried to make musical choices only"

It happens. Before he came out to me, my best guy friend in college made himself sick for days, worrying about my reaction, when I'd known for ages. He'd expected me to freak out, when I simply waited a second and said, "Well, now we can check out guys together, and you don't have to pretend you aren't doing it. " He was so relieved, he nearly cried, and our relationship was better for it. It can't be easy for anyone, no matter how famous or confident they seem. It can be scary when you worry about losing relationships with friends and family. And I agree that the Yasmine comment has got to be a joke.

It happens. Before he came out to me, my best guy friend in college made himself sick for days, worrying about my reaction, when I'd known for ages. He'd expected me to freak out, when I simply waited a second and said, "Well, now we can check out guys together, and you don't have to pretend you aren't doing it. " He was so relieved, he nearly cried, and our relationship was better for it. It can't be easy for anyone, no matter how famous or confident they seem. It can be scary when you worry about losing relationships with friends and family. And I agree that the Yasmine comment has got to be a joke.

Given there are a few discreptancies in this article, I don't think there us much to talk about.

Unless the Yasmine incident happened when they were really young and the journalist mixed the timeline.

First part

A sacred union

The international star is coming to give a hand to her friend who is a coach in the battles

It is flawless. Since Mika joined the judges of The Voice third season, each week the show almost reaches 40 percent of viewers each week and an average of more than nine million people watching it on TF1.

With the battles which will begin next week, two talents who belong to a same team will have to compete against each other. Once again Mika will probably get all attention since Kylie Minogue -who s already been a coach in the British and Australian versions of The Voice-who will help Mika for this part of the show. Both artists are telling us a bit about their adventures in The Voice.

Choices and dilemnas

"Frankly, I was amazed by the first statistics about the views" confesses Mika. "It's always strange to be invited to a party that has already started. So , at the begining, of course, I was a bit nervous." Today far from being reassured , the coach continues the adventure with additional pressure. During the battles, he has to chose the songs with which the talents have to fight one against another , and he's going to eliminate half of his team. ..."I'm not going to live, yes, it was hard? Sometimes I hace had to chose between someone I really enjoy and someone I'm less at ease with. But I'm not here to find my best friend, I'm only here in order to chose a musician , and they are not always easy to get along with.

Good job Mika is making the decisions after reading this, this morning :naughty:

@digitalspy 13m

Kylie Minogue nearly quit The Voice after the blind auditions... http://dspy.me/N2oNB4

Full translation of the Mika and Kylie Minogue article

A sacred union

Choices and dilemnas

When Mika meets Kylie

In order to get some help Mika asked Kylie Minogue. "She understands well the athmosphere in which those singers find themselves. She started with a TV serie " [Neighbourgs] , no one could tell what she would do after. She found her own style in music with time and she always works with the best. She may not have the greatest voice , but there aren t many careers like hers! She was able to change and make the very best of what she has. She has such a positive and relaxing energy that it draws the authors and producers to her. The two artists meet a few years ago. "At first it was for work , then we went together to a party where we danced and drunk....too much (laughing)

Today they have in commun to have both refused to be a judge in the first season of The Voice. (for him in France, for her in Great Britain) and to have finally accepted to join the program later and each of them boosted the views as soon as they were in it. "I must say that I thought: " That s yet another show where contestants come just to be on TV.." Then I watched the program and I liked the very positive way the coaches talk to the contestants." Mika s experience in Italian xfactor also helped him relax about being in a TV show. " I thought if it turned out to be a disaster , I would go back to London to cry , but no one would know about it. And actually I had lots of fun and it helped getting myself for The Voice. I truly found a way to express myself in a TV show meanwhile staying myself .

Kylie Minogue "I tried to speak French, but it was complicated..."

You ve known Mika for a long time? What else did you learn about him while helping him coaching during the battles?

Mika is a person I like a lot and an artist whose work I enjoy. As a coach , I found out he knows a lot about singing techniques since he talked about breathing, positions for singing and also about the meaning of songs with his contestants.

Did you speak French with them? "I tried" ( She says it in French) but it was complicated..[What Kylie says during the show is partly subtitled] I hope they could feel my emotion. Otherwise Mika helped me found the right words.

Mika was interested by the way you d see his team since you started your singer career under huge pressure since you had first been known for being a TV actress [in the serie neighbours ]

Those are times when the media talk a lot about you and everyone wants to give you their advice. More than ever, the right thing to do is follow the advice of the ones you respect and keep your feet on the ground.

It is well known that what s difficult after winning such a show is to stay in the charts and hearts in a long term. What s your secret to remain popular?

I don' t know if there s a secret but as far as I m concerned, I think it helps that I m both curious and not afraid of changes. You have to stay true to yourself and try new things at the same time. Being lucky is an asset too..And it s necessary to be in touch with your public. The link I have with my own public is one of the most incredible things that happened to me.

In some countries this link was born a very long time ago with the serie.Neighbours. So I was already someone people saw on TV so part of their lives and becoming a singer was simply a follow up to this.

You re a coach in the UK and Autralian talent show The Voice. Do you think this show is a new way for an artist to claim to be one?

Yes and I believe it even more since I started being a judge in the English version. Millions of people watch this show. There s no better way to get a wide exposure. It s an incredible opportunity for singers to meet their public and show who they really are.

Are you going to sing Into the Blue from your new album Kiss me Once [ this album will be out on March 17 th ] on the set of The Voice?

It depends on my planning but I d love to. In this new album I felt like experimenting with new styles and working with new people.

For example there s a very beautiful slow song with Enrique Iglesias in particular. It s filled with many different things but I can t deny it s also filled with Kylie s DNA.

Interview by: Stéphanie Raïo

Caption 1 : Kylie Minogue and Mika work in team to give the best advice to their singers during the battles.

Caption 2: Mika: I found a way to express myself on TV and stay myself.

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Yes,I agree, it happens and can be scary,the fear of not being accepted by the people closest to you.Thanks for sharing with us the story of your friend with us,Very sweet!:)

Edited by charlie20
error

• 2 weeks later...

Mika's interwiew for La presse.It was ffrench and I translate it with Google,I hope here's not mistakes))) so here's it!:

While Mika is in Los Angeles to record their fourth album, the Canadian newspaper La Presse interviewed the singer on his upcoming concert at La Maison Symphonique de Montreal as well as the famous new album which is as expected :

"While Mika has just entered the studio to record his next album , the OSM has officially announced that the singer will offer a concert at the Maison symphonique de Montreal in 2015 The English Lebanese does not hide his joy . " at the moment this is one of the most important things I 'm doing !

"It's been a year since we secretly organizes this stuff, says Mika . It's been so long that I want to tell everyone that I'm going to this concert, and finally I can say ! "

As part of its popular component , the Montreal Symphony Orchestra hit hard by inviting Mika . Although there has long dreamed , this is the first time that the singer, who has sold over ten million copies worldwide , agrees to work with an orchestra : "I always said no, because ' I was invited to do one or two songs . I wanted to have consistency in the directory. A kind of concert where you can see the evolution , coherence between songs. "

On 10 and 11 February 2015 , Montrealers will have the pleasure of hearing a dozen songs from the artist 30 years: "Mixing electronics with symphonic , classical . Mix of tribal rhythms with traditional rhythms. It is a dream ! "

Mika is in Los Angeles to create his fourth album. He transformed the Hollywood home of a " known actor of all" in the recording studio . "He hired me because he knew it was me ," Mika said , humbly . In the lease , he signed it would not disclose the name of the owner "very, very experienced ."

"It's great because for the first time , I created a studio in the whole house. It has become sort of the workshop album. It's very funny , because I 'm really trying to live with the album and the songs . "

The singer- songwriter has just started working on this album that contains songs in English and French . There will be very few collaborations.

The themes that are dear to him , such as respect, openness to others and the differences will be in the heart of this album. "I do not know why, but that's what comes out ," says one who was bullied in his youth.

The coach of The Voice in France took a break from the recordings of episodes of television program for a jump in California.

When he arrived at the home of the Hollywood actor, he still had no song starts: "I was responsible to the TV, so I arrived and I had nothing ," said there .

Since then, everything tumbles and ideas come from all sides . Mika believes that it is this particular environment ( work from home ) which facilitates creation.

" I think we should really make albums like that. Because otherwise , we will in large studios , you pay a fortune and all we use is a laptop and a piano. I do not want to work that way. "

After three albums, Mika knows exactly the kind of pop music that interested him, including his songs in the language of Brel : "I found my leg , how I want to sing in French . I realized that there is a way of being very funny with a production that is more American and speaks very serious subjects. For me, this is the magic combination . "

He cites his success She told me as an example of this formula "very funny and very deep ."

So fans are likely not to be disoriented hearing his next songs: "I 'm doing something very, very pop , but also organic and a little naive. These are my roots. That's how I made the first album and it's still like that in the fourth . "

The international star has a special relationship with Quebec and is regularly present its shows, participate in shows like Everybody speaks and Star Academy , and even wrote some of his latest work , The Origin of Love , to Montreal .

"I 'm obsessed with Quebec ( laughs)! I'm obsessed with this creative stuff that is in your corner of the world .

" Quite honestly , since I finished school , I'm obsessed with Robert Lepage , his works and how he expresses his stories. This is my hero on stage. I even travel to other countries to see productions Lepage, because it changes every time. It's organic, it's creative, it's unbelievable. "

As Quebec designer Mika wants to create shows, "maybe musicals ", which will evolve over time .

"Later in life, I would like to have art living a life, not something traditional that does not change . "

Mika's interwiew for La presse.It was ffrench and I translate it with Google,I hope here's not mistakes))) so here's it!:

Lucrezia did a translation of it :thumb_yello:

Here's the blog with the English translation :wink2:

http://chocolateandchilipepper.blogspot.com/2014/03/from-lapress-mika-serieusement.html

Thank you Elwendin for the precious help :huglove: