Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

Thanks Lucrezia, very interesting!

If nobody does it before I can translate the Vogue article tomorrow afternoon (Friday).

and thanks for translating Metronews Camille

Edited by Alireine

Thanks Lucrezia, very interesting!

If nobody does it before I can translate the Vogue article tomorrow afternoon (Friday).

and thanks for translating Metronews Camille

I was planning to do it a kind of now :aah:

So, Mika is on Metronews (Paris Edition) today and in addition to the interview posted yesterday, he is in some pages of the mag as "opinionist"

(correct me if I'm wrong)

Here are the scans:

Cover:

280sj9u.jpg

Original: http://oi57.tinypic.com/6ga6fl.jpg

Interview:

2qd7dqd.jpg

14u7uyf.jpg

Original: http://oi61.tinypic.com/2qdvs6s.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/30at8at.jpg

Opinions:

ht91yq.jpg

2my4vt3.jpg

o6l206.jpg

2a6v478.jpg

Mika is on Vogue (france edition) this month with a particular interview about fashion and women

My little brother uses 24 Faubourg! Lol

Thank you so much Lucrezia, its a really great and interesting article:thumb_yello:

On this subject, we have seen you a lot with your famous electric blue suit...

Me too, so I sent it to the Grévin museum! I didn't want to see it anymore. It's icky, I didn't even clean it. If you smell the sculpture, it stinks!

Is there a real competition between the coaches?

Yes, otherwise it would be dull. It's like breakfast in a Lebanese home, everyone is shouting at each other. But then, we leave our chairs and we stay together. The production insists on this. We eat, we drink coffee, we smoke all together in a small lounge especially for us. It protects this familial side. About this, I don't understand why it's being said that Florent Pagny and I hate each other!

Where are you in the writing of your new album?

I've just spent 2 months in LA, in a house where I built a studio. It will be an album in English, with some French songs. My songs talk about love, life, money, my frustrations. There are some topics which are a little bit political, but make you dance. Musically I really limited myself, because I didn't want to be lost in the production. It starts with piano-voice and it sounds like what I was doing when I was 19.

That is to say?

It's a kind of joyful anarchy. I like the idea of being an 'enfant terrible'. Actually I love the absurd, I see it everywhere, in my daily life. In this respect I'm obsessed with the writer Dario Fo. For me, he is a hero. I'm seeing him next week to work on something. I can't say anything yet... This man is the archetype of the enfant terrible. Committed, but very funny at the same time.

Sorry for all these different posts!

An album in English with some French songs.

So now we know.

That's okay by me. What we need is a strong single in English for the English speaking market. One that really grips people. Then they may be open to a few songs in French on the album.

Thank you el
:wink2:
As he is working with the contestants on the Voice over the next few weeks, maybe Dario could be going to France to work with him?

I don't know, he's pretty old. Mika could travel a way easier than him. :dunno:

By the way, am I the only person on earth who doesn't like him that much ... ?

Edited by Elwendin

:wink2:

I don't know, he's pretty old. Mika could travel a way easier than him. :dunno:

By the way, am I the only person on earth who doesn't like him that much ... ?

I actually love Dario Fo, but only when he doesn't sing The origin of love :mf_rosetinted:

So you are not alone, now I'm waiting for more brave MFCers to join us

Thanks all for the interviews, scans, translations, etc :huglove:

I'm very excited reading Mika's words about his new album :wub2: Can't wait, it will be gorgeous, I know :mikalove:

And I'm glad that he will collaborate with Dario Fo, because for Mika it's a dream, so I'm happy for him! :blush-anim-cl:

Fantastic, there is a thing in which I and Mika are the same: we always lose Monopoly :naughty:

Very interesting the Vogue interview too! But in the past he didn't say that he prefers the blondes? Now he says brunettes :teehee:

I actually love Dario Fo, but only when he doesn't sing The origin of love :mf_rosetinted:

I'm sorry, I can't join you :mf_rosetinted: I love him!

Maybe because I don't understand Italian so well :teehee:

An album in English with some French songs.

So now we know.

That's okay by me. What we need is a strong single in English for the English speaking market. One that really grips people. Then they may be open to a few songs in French on the album.

It's not ok with me, I've been a fan since the beginning in 2007, I won't buy the album if it as french songs on,its a waste of my hard earned cash to buy it when i know I will never listen to them(I don't listen to emd)I have to connect with the words as well as the mellody, they are both important to me to make my interpretation of all the songs, I will just download the english ones, problem solved:teehee:

Thanks all for the interviews, scans, translations, etc :huglove:

I'm very excited reading Mika's words about his new album :wub2: Can't wait, it will be gorgeous, I know :mikalove:

And I'm glad that he will collaborate with Dario Fo, because for Mika it's a dream, so I'm happy for him! :blush-anim-cl:

Fantastic, there is a thing in which I and Mika are the same: we always lose Monopoly :naughty:

Very interesting the Vogue interview too! But in the past he didn't say that he prefers the blondes? Now he says brunettes :teehee:

Mika lies:wink2:

I think that he is such an intelligent (and adorable!) man, but yes, I agree, I think he destroyed the song, but it was cute and cool of him to "sing" with Mika

As always, thank you for all the awesone translations. The Vogue article was very interesting. His philosophy about color is very similar to mine.

I had never seen or heard of Dario Fo until Invasioni. So I can't make a judgements.He seems like a fascinating old chap.

As always, thank you for all the awesone translations. The Vogue article was very interesting. His philosophy about color is very similar to mine.

I had never seen or heard of Dario Fo until Invasioni. So I can't make a judgements.He seems like a fascinating old chap.

Same for me but I found him quite fascinating too. And funny and quite cute. Then I read wikipedia (:mf_rosetinted:) and discovered how interesting he was. And I finally read "accidental death of an anarchist" (or something like that, not sure of the translation), that confirms that he is interesting.

As one of you said, we know that Mika loves him, so I'm especially happy for him to be able to do a collaboration with someone he loves (I imagine how happy I would be to do a collaboration with Mika :teehee:)

Same for me but I found him quite fascinating too. And funny and quite cute. Then I read wikipedia (:mf_rosetinted:) and discovered how interesting he was. And I finally read "accidental death of an anarchist" (or something like that, not sure of the translation), that confirms that he is interesting.

As one of you said, we know that Mika loves him, so I'm especially happy for him to be able to do a collaboration with someone he loves (I imagine how happy I would be to do a collaboration with Mika :teehee:)

I keep on meaning to check some of his works out from the library. I need to educate myself.

It's not ok with me, I've been a fan since the beginning in 2007, I won't buy the album if it as french songs on,its a waste of my hard earned cash to buy it when i know I will never listen to them(I don't listen to emd)I have to connect with the words as well as the mellody, they are both important to me to make my interpretation of all the songs, I will just download the english ones, problem solved:teehee:

I prefer when he sings in English too :naughty: I've always loved English better than French both for speaking and for singing :blush-anim-cl: but I think the French songs will be in the French edition buttons, so you don't have to worry :naughty: I will try to get my hand on all editions as usual :mf_rosetinted:

Dario makes Mika happy and he makes me happy too, their meeting on TV was a wonderful moment and I loved it :wub2: I understand Italian when Mika is the one speaking :mikadas::biggrin2:

Thanks for translating Sylvie :huglove::huglove::huglove::huglove:

Or wasn't he talking about men in the Ask Anything chat? :fisch:

The Vogue one is obviously concerning only women :naughty:

:naughty: And MIKA liked to be asked about women - and had a great opinion about us over the first youth, hehe :teehee: Interesting interview, btw - thanks for sharing and translating, to the right persons - for both this, and the last one from Metronews ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

I have to connect with the words as well as the mellody, they are both important to me to make my interpretation of all the songs

As a no english native speaker, I'm used to appreciate how the language rythm fits with the melody since I was a child.

I has something really magic, I really enjoy not to be able to understand the meaning. It's like a mysterious language was spoken, like when I listen to elves talk in the Lord of the Rings. And I swear it's nothing but charming, it's a kind of spell.

Then of course it pisses me of when I can't understand english people talking so I learnt it and by doing it I quite lost this magic.

Of course, I'm happy to get the meaning though, but I still enjoy how some words or lines taste.

They do taste. I sometimes repeat over and over a line cause it's fun to say it.

it's a french interview, so we still can't be sure whether the french songs will only be on the french version of the album, or not. :dunno: anyway if they're anything like "karen", i don't care whether they're english, french or swaheli. :teehee:

thanks for the interviews and translations everyone! :flowers2: