Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

I'm a bit confused.....

So this article is legit, given by Mika, and the papparazzi took the pictures and then cobbled together an article from this one and other old ones?

I don't mean to be dense, but I do have a language barrier.:blush-anim-cl:

I'm a bit confused.....

So this article is legit, given by Mika, and the papparazzi took the pictures and then cobbled together an article from this one and other old ones?

I don't mean to be dense, but I do have a language barrier.:blush-anim-cl:

No,I guess there's no paparazzi pics,and this is a real interview.I hope someone will translate it,from what I got the interviewer asked him if he's bothered about the questions about his private life,and he said:"no,you can ask me any question".

Thank you for the article, I'm really happy that it's a respectfull one :wub2:

No time to translate it, sorry guys, but we have heros here, they will do it very soon, I'm sure :huglove:

Love the part about "my fans already knew" :naughty:

:huglove:

Edit: and thank you everybody for the wishes about my trip ;-) <3

Edited by Alireine

Gaaaahhhh!

Feel free to roll your eyes and sigh at my density.

So this article above has nothing to do with the pix from yesterday?

Those were pictures some papparazzi took and posted on Twitter?

Are those going to be published in a tabloid? (Hope not)

I promise I won't ask anymore questions about this:naughty:

I'm glad to hear that the article above was respectful and scandal free.

Gaaaahhhh!

They were paparazzi photos and nothing to do this with this official interview. And yes, they are already all over French tabloids. Not just in one (trash) magazine but in several. I hope MFC will not let post them, we don't usually do it.

"D'ailleurs mes fans le savaient déjà." (quote)

By the way, my fans already knew. :aah:

Just a thought of mine.

Fans already knew and yet no detail ever leaked.

THIS is loyalty.

More than agree with whatever he does.

Edited by Elwendin

He said that if you listen carefully to his lyrics you could guess that he is gay. And that fans already knew.

Ah, I see, thanks! I can't understand how it could come as a surprise to anyone. He wasn't hiding it any way.

He also said that:

-he understood that to be a little more open is better than mystify the reality, this is why he came out.

- to gloss over everything is painful/tiresome and that it's necessary to answer questions if you don't want to be scared of anything. Even if he doesn't answer what he doesn't want to.

- to be blasé, indifferent, dull in your feelings is the only thing that in his family is considered like a cancer.

- he was told off very often at school cause he did whatever he wanted since he doesn't like the rules.

- there was a time when the seven of them (it's not written who these seven people are) used to live in a two rooms home.

Finally the only thing that is new to me is that he counts the steps of the stairway before going on stage at The Voice.

Edited by Elwendin

He also said that he understood that to be a little more open is better than mystify the reality, this is why he came out.

And that there was a time when the seven of them (it's not written who are these seven people) used to live in a two rooms home.

Finally the only thing that is new to me is that he counts the steps of the stairway before going on stage at The Voice.

There's nothing new, indeed, but it's good to see that paps pic have not been matched to the interview as if he was acknowledging them

The seven people are Mika with his siblings and parents, he mentioned this situation several times

Gaaaahhhh!

Why would there be a scandal anyway? It's just a guy with his partner, whom he's been with for years. I don't see why there's such a fuss.

Why would there be a scandal anyway? It's just a guy with his partner, whom he's been with for years. I don't see why there's such a fuss.

There's no scandal at all, and I am among those who believe they'd live an easier life coming out as a couple. At least they could control the information flow and feel free to go wherever they want whenever they want, but as long as they are discreet (or secretive, depending from the point of view) it wouldn't be fair matching Mika's authorized assertion to unauthorized photos

Then of course within a wider discussion topic we can say that sooner or later something like this was going to happen and that paps are "only" doing their job, and that this is the negative side of being a celeb and so on and on

"D'ailleurs mes fans le savaient déjà." (quote)

By the way, my fans already knew. :aah:

Just a thought of mine.

Fans already knew and yet no detail ever leaked.

THIS is loyalty.

More than agree with whatever he does.

Yes older fans did not publicly discuss his boyfriend to protect them but that is not what Mika is referring to. I think he keeps reiterating this point about his fans knowing he was gay to illustrate that he was not really hiding in the closet. In the 1970s and 80s people went to great lengths to cover it up (like marrying a woman) because they were afraid that it would ruin their career and fans would stop buying music. I am sure there were plenty of people who were not certain he was gay and the "bisexual" statement really muddied the waters and brought in a whole new group of fans who took that at face value. But between his lyrics and the strong implication that he was open to relationships with members of the same sex, obviously the vast majority of his fans were accepting of homosexuality and were not going to turn on him if he made a clear atatement ("came out").

There's no scandal at all, and I am among those who believe they'd live an easier life coming out as a couple. At least they could control the information flow and feel free to go wherever they want whenever they want, but as long as they are discreet (or secretive, depending from the point of view) it wouldn't be fair matching Mika's authorized assertion to unauthorized photos

Then of course within a wider discussion topic we can say that sooner or later something like this was going to happen and that paps are "only" doing their job, and that this is the negative side of being a celeb and so on and on

I don't think there's any scandal either. Just a normal, lovely couple. And I also think their life could be easier if they were a bit more open, it wouldn't be news anymore. His mother and sisters are with him all the time and people respect their privacy quite well? Hiding must be stressful at times. But he has made it clear he wants to keep this issue private and papers should respect it.

And as long as he doesn't officially introduce his partner in interviews or at public events I hope we are not posting his pictures on mfc either. I can't understand why people should just accept negative sides of being a celeb. Paps are doing their job, yes. So are people who torture animals in labs (and by not accepting it we can get better laws against it).