Hello from the U.S!

Ellen.

Hi everyone, my name is Ellen and I live in California, in fact i'm actually quite surprised there aren't many American fans here(at least in the forums i've been lurking on for the past few days.) I'm 14 years old and I only found out about Mika a little over a month ago, I couldn't believe I'd never heard of him before and I wish I could have been a fan from the very beginning, but then again, I was only like 8 when his first album came out(I'm probably the youngest user on here. Oh my). I actually first found out about him because Grace Kelly was in a youtube video I was watching and I really liked it so I looked him up and instantly fell in love. I just love all his songs and he's such an awesome person, as I found out after watching many interviews of him and reading everything I could about him..which I do with just about every artist I really like, but I don't think i've ever grown so obsessed with one in such a short period of time, it's been maybe 6 weeks and I feel like his music has been part of me all my life, it's all I'm listening to right now, I even have a different song of his set as my alarm for every day of the week. I've also watched several clips from The Voice France and X Factor Italy even though I don't speak French nor Italian, just to see Mika(Gosh I sound so obsessed). :blush-anim-cl: So that's all there is about me, I apologize for my insanity and I look forward to sharing my love for Mika with all of you as no one in my school or neighborhood knows him, much to my dismay. Thanks for reading!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Ellen,

I'm two states up from you, and much older, but most definitely American. I don't think you're the youngest user here, but my youngest daughter is your age. She likes only a little bit of Mika's music... but I'm working on that...

No need to apologize for your insanity, we're all inmates in the Mikasylum here... enjoy your stay!

Have a wonderful week!

Hey there & welcome!

I'm Dee (also from Nebraska :teehee: ), the USA co-world rep. If you have any questions about the forum, Mika, or anything else, please feel free to ask me here or PM me.

And i second the invitation for you to join us in the American thread :naughty:

I just love all his songs and he's such an awesome person, as I found out after watching many interviews of him and reading everything I could about him..which I do with just about every artist I really like, but I don't think i've ever grown so obsessed with one in such a short period of time, it's been maybe 6 weeks and I feel like his music has been part of me all my life

:mikalove:

this part totally describes how i was when i discovered him

Hi Ellen, welcome:wink2::wink2: and enjoy MFC

HM, you are not the only one who behaves so "strange" I also watched voice without speaking french, exept a few words

Edited by Littlelady

Hi everyone, my name is Ellen and I live in California, in fact i'm actually quite surprised there aren't many American fans here(at least in the forums i've been lurking on for the past few days.) I'm 14 years old and I only found out about Mika a little over a month ago, I couldn't believe I'd never heard of him before and I wish I could have been a fan from the very beginning, but then again, I was only like 8 when his first album came out(I'm probably the youngest user on here. Oh my). I actually first found out about him because Grace Kelly was in a youtube video I was watching and I really liked it so I looked him up and instantly fell in love. I just love all his songs and he's such an awesome person, as I found out after watching many interviews of him and reading everything I could about him..which I do with just about every artist I really like, but I don't think i've ever grown so obsessed with one in such a short period of time, it's been maybe 6 weeks and I feel like his music has been part of me all my life, it's all I'm listening to right now, I even have a different song of his set as my alarm for every day of the week. I've also watched several clips from The Voice France and X Factor Italy even though I don't speak French nor Italian, just to see Mika(Gosh I sound so obsessed). :blush-anim-cl: So that's all there is about me, I apologize for my insanity and I look forward to sharing my love for Mika with all of you as no one in my school or neighborhood knows him, much to my dismay. Thanks for reading!

You totally belong here :group_hug:

Welcome honey :huglove:

Grace Kelly video waš my one way ticket into Mika s world :mikalove:

Enjoy yoursef here sweetie :wub2::mikalove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

(I accidentally posted this in the U.S forum but here it is for the rest of you. Still getting to know my way around!)

Thankyou all so much for your kind replies, I feel so welcome! You're all so nice! And I did join the American thread, thanks for the invitation, it's nice to know there are more of my fellow Americans than I thought. I really want to do some traveling in the next few years, maybe someday I can meet some of you in person at a Mika concert! That would be a dream come true

Hi and welcome to the MFC :bye:

I think everyone goes through the "obsessed" stage - most of us are still in it :naughty:

Come now, nobody here even LIKES the guy! We just found this place and decided to camp here!

There is no obsession here, nuh uh! :huglove:

Hello and welcome! I'm from the UK. I always love it when US people get to know Mika, as my country always makes a big fuss of anyone who is popular in America. They couldn't care less about him being popular in Italy and France.

I hope you have a great time on here. I'm an older fan at 59, but there are many people around your age on here.

But the thing about being a Mika Fan is, we're all in a teenage circus, and we're all golden. Even us old ones.

Have fun!

Welcome! I'm another American, from Wisconsin. I have a 14yo daughter. She says Mika is just ok, but I often overhear her singing his songs and she often asks me to play his cds. I've only been a fan for about 7 months, so I'm still in the obsessed, silly stage.

Welcome! I'm another American, from Wisconsin. I have a 14yo daughter. She says Mika is just ok, but I often overhear her singing his songs and she often asks me to play his cds. I've only been a fan for about 7 months, so I'm still in the obsessed, silly stage.

Your 14 year old is like mine, Chris. She has three of his songs on her phone; I overheard them playing when she was in taking a bath the other day... :naughty:

Welcome Ellen ! I was your age when Mika released his first album (now I'm 20 yo). :wub2:

I didn't know him at first but I'm a big fan since 2011. I'm from Quebec in Canada. Have fun here ! MFC is great. :thumb_yello:

:bye: Welcome here Ellen!

I'm Muriel from France. I'm lucky Mika sang a few songs in French and did The Voice but I don't really like Mika singing in French ( Grace Kelly in French is awful). His friend Doriand seems a nice chap but the songs he wrote are not my cup of tea. Mika singing Barbara's songs is ok though.

I'll come to your country for the first time in 19 days and will spend some time in California ;), Arizona, Utah and Nevada.

Thankyou everyone who has welcomed me since the last time I said thanks, you'e all so nice!! I've only been here for a few days and I already feel like part of a family! Thankyou all so much :blush-anim-cl:

:bye: Welcome here Ellen!

I'm Muriel from France. I'm lucky Mika sang a few songs in French and did The Voice but I don't really like Mika singing in French ( Grace Kelly in French is awful). His friend Doriand seems a nice chap but the songs he wrote are not my cup of tea. Mika singing Barbara's songs is ok though.

I'll come to your country for the first time in 19 days and will spend some time in California ;), Arizona, Utah and Nevada.

I must say, I see so much criticism of it, but I really like Grace Kelly in French, probably because I don't speak French so it just sounds good to me, as a grammar nut i'm sure that once I learn French i'll critic it pretty hard. Haven't heard Doriand, only cover of Barbara i've heard Mika do was the one on The Voice Finale, of course I didn't understand it, but it was really beautiful, the melody alone got me tearing up. Hope you enjoy the U.S on your trip, i've been to all those states, lots of great places in all of them!