Customer of Mobistar? Win tickets to see Mika September 18 2014 in Brussels

guylainem123

I would suggest that anyone outside of Belgium and/or who is not a Mobistar customer read the rules thoroughly before trying to enter the competition:

http://www.mobistar.be/sites/default/files/resources/images/mika/reglement_concours_mika_concert_fr.pdf

My French is really limited but doesn't #2 say that the competition is only open to those who are physically IN Belgium? (I don't know, I'm asking :teehee: )

Anyhow, to spare yourselves disappointment, please read the rules first!

Also, before everyone asks -- I've already checked, and as of right now the only way to get tickets is through the competition. Sorry.

That's exactly what they say Deb!

Good luck to all Belgian fans :)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest that anyone outside of Belgium and/or who is not a Mobistar customer read the rules thoroughly before trying to enter the competition:

http://www.mobistar.be/sites/default/files/resources/images/mika/reglement_concours_mika_concert_fr.pdf

My French is really limited but doesn't #2 say that the competition is only open to those who are physically IN Belgium? (I don't know, I'm asking :teehee: )

Anyhow, to spare yourselves disappointment, please read the rules first!

Also, before everyone asks -- I've already checked, and as of right now the only way to get tickets is through the competition. Sorry.

Thanks Deb for checking if there is other ways to get tickets :huglove: too bad it's only with Mobistar but the tour will come soon, and be open to everybody :thumb_yello:

Just about the rules, I'm not so sure about the translation: It's written "open to "personnes physiques" in Belgium", that doesn't mean exactly people who are physically in Belgium, I think it's more a way to say that if you are a firm (or anything that is not a real person) having a Mobistar account, you can't register for the competition.

Not sure it makes a big difference actually :naughty: but it's maybe then easier to play with the meaning of "in Belgium" :teehee:

I must say that I asked one of my Belgian friend to play, so I can be her guest if she wins :mf_rosetinted:

1000 tickets to win is really good :wub2:

Thank you, Deb! I didn't read the rules... Stupid me!

Normally "personne physique" means you have to live in Belgium.

I asked Mobistar on Twitter if the new customers would have the same chances as the old ones, and they said yes.

That's good news!

Now I asked if it's ok not to live in Belgium and become customer to participate...

Waiting for their answer!!!

If not, I'll have to convince my friends and family in Belgium to become customers, haha.

BUT the confirmed good news is that they said on Twitter they will broadcast the gig live on the internet!!!!

Yeaaaayyyy!

Thank you, Deb! I didn't read the rules... Stupid me!

Normally "personne physique" means you have to live in Belgium.

I asked Mobistar on Twitter if the new customers would have the same chances as the old ones, and they said yes.

That's good news!

Now I asked if it's ok not to live in Belgium and become customer to participate...

Waiting for their answer!!!

If not, I'll have to convince my friends and family in Belgium to become customers, haha.

BUT the confirmed good news is that they said on Twitter they will broadcast the gig live on the internet!!!!

Yeaaaayyyy!

Cool! Hopefully we will be able to watch worldwide... And not just in Belgium:shocked:

In the history of Mika competitions I don't think anyone has respected the country rules so I would not worry about it. :naughty:

I really hope some tickets for fans are forthcoming. Because it's pretty disgusting if they use fans as unpaid extras to make a commercial but when it comes to a gig only mobile phone customers are welcome.

If it was a very exclusive private event I could understand but there are 2000 tickets. So come on...

Cathouzouf, I just asked them about that (outside Belgium and outside Europe)

Hope so!

If not we will beg/harass/threaten them, haha. :wink2:

Christine, that would be great if there were some tickets for fans or by any other way...

Ok, I also just asked them if they will really broadcast the entire gig on the internet.

Because they said in French: "on vous fera vivre l'événement en live sur les réseaux sociaux"

That literally means they will make us experience the event live through social media.

So..hmmm...what does that really means? For me it means live broadcasting (Youtube IS a social media, right?)...

Fingers crossed.

I really hope some tickets for fans are forthcoming. Because it's pretty disgusting if they use fans as unpaid extras to make a commercial but when it comes to a gig only mobile phone customers are welcome.

If it was a very exclusive private event I could understand but there are 2000 tickets. So come on...

I must admit that this thought crossed my mind.

Because they said in French: "on vous fera vivre l'événement en live sur les réseaux sociaux"

Yeah, this doesn't say fair and square that they will broadcast it.... Let's see their answer.

They just answered me about the live broadcasting.

They say we will experience the event on social media for sure, and they are checking for the lifestream.

I said a looooot of fans would be so thankful and they replied immediately that they are sure about that but it doesn't depend only on them.

They will keep us informed.

Sorry if I gave you hope to quickly, but there still is hope. They are doing their best. :blush-anim-cl:

Still no answer about the not living in Belgium question...

They say we will experience the event on social media for sure, and they are checking for the lifestream.

I said a looooot of fans would be so thankful and they replied immediately that they are sure about that but it doesn't depend only on them.

Sorry if I gave you hope to quickly, but there still is hope. They are doing their best. :blush-anim-cl:

Still no answer about the not living in Belgium question...

Thanks!

Keep us posted :)

Good luck, everyone! Finally a gig and it's not possible to buy tickets, sigh. Would love to see this one...

I must say that I asked one of my Belgian friend to play, so I can be her guest if she wins :mf_rosetinted:

My Finnish friend (who lives permanently in Belgium) promised to help me with the competition as well but not hoping too much. On the other hand, 1000 is much bigger amount than I thought!

Live streaming would be great!! :thumb_yello: Thanks for asking them!

No problem! :wink2:

So, they confirmed that just buying a prepaid card is ok, you don't have to take the real phone subscription.

They want to reward all of their customers, as they say.

I asked them to be sure :fish:

AND, AND, AND....

Yes, we can buy a prepaid card and not live in Belgium to participate, they don't care!

They just said you have to use your card, not leave it in a drawer :naughty:

I would have loved to go, but a gig is great news anyway! Good luck to everyone who will be able to enter the competition! :thumb_yello:

Ambroisette, thanks for asking, maybe they'll really do something for the live stream...

Maybe if a lot of us ask them on Twitter, on Facebook, by mail on a regular basis, they will try harder :naughty::thumb_yello:

@mobistarFR and @mobistarNL is their Twitter account

"Mobistar Belgique" and "Mobistar Belgium" is their Facebok account

And this is how to mail them: http://my.mobistar.be/information/contactus/email/index.html

:fisch::fisch::fisch:

Don't forget, you can buy a prepaid card by internet and they'll send you your sim card at home, but then it only works with a belgian address :

http://www.mobistar.be/fr/offre/cartes-rechargeables (sorry it is either french or dutch).

But you can buy one in a Mobistar shop even without a belgian address, so if you live not far away from Belgium...take your chance.

I know I will !!! :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks Deb for checking if there is other ways to get tickets :huglove: too bad it's only with Mobistar but the tour will come soon, and be open to everybody :thumb_yello:

Just about the rules, I'm not so sure about the translation: It's written "open to "personnes physiques" in Belgium", that doesn't mean exactly people who are physically in Belgium, I think it's more a way to say that if you are a firm (or anything that is not a real person) having a Mobistar account, you can't register for the competition.

Not sure it makes a big difference actually :naughty: but it's maybe then easier to play with the meaning of "in Belgium" :teehee:

I checked the Dutch version and it said Physically in Belgium as well, but I also asked the Dutch twitter account and they say that you can participate as long as you are a customer.

Live streaming is only for those who won a code. Either customers or non-customers.

Thank you Ingrid. So, if I understood well, we "non-customers" have to hope that someone who is a customers and has participated won a code and will share it on twitter or facebook.. . :aah: