MIKA in French Press - 2015

Kumazzz

It is the new single in France

Indeed...I was happy to hear it on the radio, but it's not one of my fav, I would have chosen Girl, you're the devil or Good Wife or Good Guys or No Place In Heaven or Les Baisers Perdus or L'amour fait ce qu'il veut or J'ai pas envie as the second single...

• Like 1

Yes, a very good interview.  :)

Disappointingly some italian blogs/bloggers have twisted the meaning of what he said about his partner, making believe that the crisis that they had had a few years ago was due to problems of faithfulness. Disappointingly because there is always on the part of some people this need to use stereotypes when it comes to gay couples, like that between them can't be real love, because there is only sex and promiscuity/wantonness, with which in fact the ignorant people continues to deny them the same dignity of heterosexual couples  :sneaky2: .

He explained even more in the Pénélope interview we're subtitling , explaining his reaction after the huge shock of Paloma's accident and how close to dying she was; that once he got the news that she would live from her docs, he needed to take a break from everything (even Mel who was staying with a friend of his in the countryside) and jumped into a plane to Montreal after spliting from his partner...but they got back together again , even if that wasn't easy...he also said he blamed lots of things on himself as far as his love story being complicated because of him in RTL2 interview très très privée which we will translate as well (He was answering a question as to know if his love life was as complicated as the lyrics of "J'ai pas envie") and he was quite frank too...

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

He explained even more in the Pénélope interview we're subtitling , explaining his reaction after the huge shock of Paloma's accident and how close to dying she was; that once he got the news that she would live from her docs, he needed to take a break from everything (even Mel who was staying with a friend of his in the countryside) and jumped into a plane to Montreal after spliting from his partner...but they got back together again , even if that wasn't easy...he also said he blamed lots of things on himself as far as his love story being complicated because of him in RTL2 interview très très privée which we will translate as well (He was answering a question as to know if his love life was as complicated as the lyrics of "J'ai pas envie") and he was quite frank too...

Uh, waiting to hear those ones too!  :thumb_yello:

At the end of this interview http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31335-mika-audiovideo-interviews-with-subtitles/page-32#entry3997548he says quite "mean" things about that also  :fisch: and I wonder, since he's pretty contradictive when he talks about this topic in different interviews, where the truth stays  :wink2:  well, maybe it's none of our business  :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by maggie112

Uh, waiting to hear those ones too!  :thumb_yello:

At the end of this interview http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31335-mika-audiovideo-interviews-with-subtitles/page-32#entry3997548he says quite "mean" things about that also  :fisch: and I wonder, since he's pretty contradictive when he talks about this topic in different interviews, where the truth stays  :wink2:  well, maybe it's none of our business  :mf_rosetinted:

Well, he said many other times, in other interviews (like in this: http://www.rtl2.fr/actu/mika-en-interview-tres-tres-privee-rtl2-mercredi-17-juin-7778763454 , for example) that love, the real,serious love, is complicated, the couple's life is complicated and clearly he's a complicated man too. :naughty:

Anyway, all couples have their moments of difficulty or crisis, it's normal, the important thing is to solve the problems and they, obviously, did it.  :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Someone said today Mika was on Europe 1, and he said he is already starting a new album!! o.O

He also talked about his book with Rizzoli.

Did anyone record this interview?

I think the interview is just been recorded and not been broadcasted yet. it is possible?

• Like 2

Someone said today Mika was on Europe 1, and he said he is already starting a new album!! o.O

He also talked about his book with Rizzoli.

Did anyone record this interview?

Mika dévoile son secret anti-fatigue amusant inspiré de Céline Dion !

http://www.non-stop-people.com/actu/musique/mika-devoile-son-secret-anti-fatigue-amusant-inspire-de-celine-dion-84591

Non Stop People

http://www.non-stop-people.com/actu/musique/mika-devoile-son-secret-anti-fatigue-amusant-inspire-de-celine-dion-84591

Mardi 28 Juillet - 10:42

Alors qu’il enchaîne les concerts à travers différentes villes européennes, Mika s’est arrêté quelques instants à Paris. L’occasion pour le coach de The Voice de se livrer. Au micro d’Europe 1 ce mardi 28 juillet au matin, l’interprète de "Relax, take it easy" a raconté son astuce pour récupérer après une tournée, mais pas que. En effet, il a également évoqué ses projets.

Au mois de juin, Mika annonçait la sortie de son nouvel album, "No Place in Heaven". Depuis, le chanteur sillonne l’Europe. Au micro d’Europe 1, celui qui révélait le nom de l’animateur télé qui le fait fantasmer s’est confié sur son rythme de vie intense : "Pour tout le monde, l’été c’est les festivals, c’est la plage, c’est les histoires d’amour –plusieurs histoires d’amour… Pour moi, c’est pas l’amour", a-t-il lâché avant de s’expliquer :  "Je fais un concert ici à Paris, près de dix-huit heures plus tard on fait un concert près de Prague. Après ça, je prends un autre vol, je fais un autre truc en Italie". En bref, Mika n’arrête pas une seconde. Ainsi, pour tenir, il a ses petits secrets. Lorsqu’il était coach dans The Voice, il avait confié sur le plateau de C à Vous que l’équipe s’octroyait par moment quelques remontants : "Dans les mugs, il n’y a pas seulement que du thé…", avait-il déclaré face à Anne-Sophie Lapix avant d’ajouter : "Ça dépend de l’heure. Et ça dépend de la fatigue…".

Au micro d’Europe 1, celui qui assumait son plagiat pour son titre "Talk about you" a confessé de nouvelles astuces : "Je fume pas de clopes, mais je bois une bière", a-t-il lancé. Plus encore, Mika a fait une révélation étonnante : "J’ai vu un documentaire avec Céline Dion, avec cette machine qu’elle mettait sur la bouche à chaque fois qu’elle descendait. Je suis allé chercher la machine, seulement parce que je voulais la machine de Céline Dion", a-t-il raconté avant de livrer son ressenti dessus : "Ça met de la vapeur de sel, on respire ça et je dois dire, Céline, ça marche !", a-t-il lâché.

Nouveau projet d’écriture pour Mika

Dans la foulée, celui qui avait avoué avoir souffert de son homosexualité a évoqué ses projets. Ainsi, alors que son dernier album est sorti il y a à peine quelques semaines, le voilà qui planche déjà sur le prochain : "J’ai déjà commencé un autre album, je ne veux pas attendre deux ou trois ans entre chaque album", a-t-il confié. Enfin, celui qui faisait de bouleversantes déclarations sur son père s’est trouvé une toute nouvelle vocation, comme il l’a raconté : "Je suis en train d’écrire un livre, ‘Le journal intime d’un optimiste occidental’. Ça parle de ma frustration quand je rentre dans un supermarché, un grand format, et que tout ce que je veux, c’est acheter une chose, et je sors en train de dépenser 300 balles et j’ai même pas trouvé ce que je voulais... (…). Ça parle de comment je me vois dans le miroir, quand je suis habillé et même quand je suis à poil", a-t-il conclu.

Google translator

New writing project by Mika

In the process, the one who had confessed his homosexuality suffered spoke of his projects. So while his latest album came out there just a few weeks, here he is already working on the next:

"I have already started another album, I do not want to wait two or three years between each album" he has said.

Finally, the one that made shocking statements about his father has found a new vocation, as he said:

"I am writing a book," Diary of a Western optimistic 'It. talk about my frustration when I get in a supermarket, a large format, and that all I want is to buy something, I go out and about to spend 300 balls and I even found what I wanted ... (...).

It's about how I see myself in the mirror when I'm dressed and even when I'm naked, "he concluded

I guess the interview was broadcasted on Tuesday 28 July.

http://video.lefigaro.fr/tvmag/video/mika-devoile-son-secret-anti-fatigue-amusant-inspire-de-celine-dion/4380487367001/

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3

Non Stop People

Mardi 28 Juillet - 10:42

Alors qu’il enchaîne les concerts à travers différentes villes européennes, Mika s’est arrêté quelques instants à Paris. L’occasion pour le coach de The Voice de se livrer. Au micro d’Europe 1 ce mardi 28 juillet au matin, l’interprète de "Relax, take it easy" a raconté son astuce pour récupérer après une tournée, mais pas que. En effet, il a également évoqué ses projets.

Au mois de juin, Mika annonçait la sortie de son nouvel album, "No Place in Heaven". Depuis, le chanteur sillonne l’Europe. Au micro d’Europe 1, celui qui révélait le nom de l’animateur télé qui le fait fantasmer s’est confié sur son rythme de vie intense : "Pour tout le monde, l’été c’est les festivals, c’est la plage, c’est les histoires d’amour –plusieurs histoires d’amour… Pour moi, c’est pas l’amour", a-t-il lâché avant de s’expliquer :  "Je fais un concert ici à Paris, près de dix-huit heures plus tard on fait un concert près de Prague. Après ça, je prends un autre vol, je fais un autre truc en Italie". En bref, Mika n’arrête pas une seconde. Ainsi, pour tenir, il a ses petits secrets. Lorsqu’il était coach dans The Voice, il avait confié sur le plateau de C à Vous que l’équipe s’octroyait par moment quelques remontants : "Dans les mugs, il n’y a pas seulement que du thé…", avait-il déclaré face à Anne-Sophie Lapix avant d’ajouter : "Ça dépend de l’heure. Et ça dépend de la fatigue…".

Au micro d’Europe 1, celui qui assumait son plagiat pour son titre "Talk about you" a confessé de nouvelles astuces : "Je fume pas de clopes, mais je bois une bière", a-t-il lancé. Plus encore, Mika a fait une révélation étonnante : "J’ai vu un documentaire avec Céline Dion, avec cette machine qu’elle mettait sur la bouche à chaque fois qu’elle descendait. Je suis allé chercher la machine, seulement parce que je voulais la machine de Céline Dion", a-t-il raconté avant de livrer son ressenti dessus : "Ça met de la vapeur de sel, on respire ça et je dois dire, Céline, ça marche !", a-t-il lâché.

Nouveau projet d’écriture pour Mika

Dans la foulée, celui qui avait avoué avoir souffert de son homosexualité a évoqué ses projets. Ainsi, alors que son dernier album est sorti il y a à peine quelques semaines, le voilà qui planche déjà sur le prochain : "J’ai déjà commencé un autre album, je ne veux pas attendre deux ou trois ans entre chaque album", a-t-il confié. Enfin, celui qui faisait de bouleversantes déclarations sur son père s’est trouvé une toute nouvelle vocation, comme il l’a raconté : "Je suis en train d’écrire un livre, ‘Le journal intime d’un optimiste occidental’. Ça parle de ma frustration quand je rentre dans un supermarché, un grand format, et que tout ce que je veux, c’est acheter une chose, et je sors en train de dépenser 300 balles et j’ai même pas trouvé ce que je voulais... (…). Ça parle de comment je me vois dans le miroir, quand je suis habillé et même quand je suis à poil", a-t-il conclu.

Google translator

New writing project by Mika

In the process, the one who had confessed his homosexuality suffered spoke of his projects. So while his latest album came out there just a few weeks, here he is already working on the next:

"I have already started another album, I do not want to wait two or three years between each album" he has said.

Finally, the one that made shocking statements about his father has found a new vocation, as he said:

"I am writing a book," Diary of a Western optimistic 'It. talk about my frustration when I get in a supermarket, a large format, and that all I want is to buy something, I go out and about to spend 300 balls and I even found what I wanted ... (...).

It's about how I see myself in the mirror when I'm dressed and even when I'm naked, "he concluded

I guess the interview was broadcasted on Tuesday 28 July.

http://video.lefigaro.fr/tvmag/video/mika-devoile-son-secret-anti-fatigue-amusant-inspire-de-celine-dion/4380487367001/

It would be good news if he were to add.

"There will be an English version available in the UK."

But maybe that's too much to hope for.

I'm not buying it if it isn't available in English though.

Another album?

That would be another disaster in the UK waiting to happen. Unless he gets another record company to produce it in the UK properly, I'm not getting excited.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

:) Never loose your hope Marilyn!  :wub:  I hope for the best for the UK - with this new, upcoming MKA stuff!  :yes:

Love,love

me

I hope so too, and I have always admired his work ethic, no matter where it has taken him, but if the next album is done the same way this has been, it will fail yet again in the UK. Maybe if he goes in another direction, as the BBC2 critic recently advised, he could show another side to his music. I know a lot of people love his pop music. I do too, but the majority of people on this island of Great Britain, don't seem to like it, as much as they did in 2007.

Lady Gaga has had a new lease of life, going down the Swing route with Tony Bennett. She's had a #1 album and Grammy awards. Recently up for an Emmy. I'm not saying Mika should be that radical, but his songwriting skills are good for more bluesy songs, like Ordinary Man and Pick Up Off The Floor. Maybe it's time to do something like that.

I'm not trying to tell him what to do, just voicing an opinion on here. The thing is, he's too talented to just disappear under a pile of failed albums. I really want him to have some kind of success in the UK again. I hope it can happen. 

I hope so too, and I have always admired his work ethic, no matter where it has taken him, but if the next album is done the same way this has been, it will fail yet again in the UK. Maybe if he goes in another direction, as the BBC2 critic recently advised, he could show another side to his music. I know a lot of people love his pop music. I do too, but the majority of people on this island of Great Britain, don't seem to like it, as much as they did in 2007.

Lady Gaga has had a new lease of life, going down the Swing route with Tony Bennett. She's had a #1 album and Grammy awards. Recently up for an Emmy. I'm not saying Mika should be that radical, but his songwriting skills are good for more bluesy songs, like Ordinary Man and Pick Up Off The Floor. Maybe it's time to do something like that.

I'm not trying to tell him what to do, just voicing an opinion on here. The thing is, he's too talented to just disappear under a pile of failed albums. I really want him to have some kind of success in the UK again. I hope it can happen. 

:) I understand you very well - and even how much I love the NPIH alb. I can somehow agree with you  :wink2: Personally I don't think MIKA will make another alb. like this last one, at least not now.  NPIH I see as a joyful alb. a kind of celebration of his "new life" - after getting rid of heavy weight on his shoulders, in so many ways. And here I refer to his many interviews this spring and summer - he's clearly very happy now, and finally feel free :wub:  And imo, NPIH is a result  of this, and at least for me, a very,  very good one !  :wub: But as we all know, MIKA is capable of whatever - so only time will show what he has got up his sleeve this time... :teehee: 

Love,love

me    

That's actually fast for a new album! :D But anyway I'm happy to hear that because I'm always afraid people might forget about him if he waits too long with making a new record...

I'm also very curious about the book. :teehee:

That's actually fast for a new album! :D But anyway I'm happy to hear that because I'm always afraid people might forget about him if he waits too long with making a new record...

I'm also very curious about the book. :teehee:

Me too, and I really hope he releases an English version.  I've always loved reading celebrity autobiographies, but I bet Mika's life would be particularly fascinating to read about.

:) I understand you very well - and even how much I love the NPIH alb. I can somehow agree with you  :wink2: Personally I don't think MIKA will make another alb. like this last one, at least not now.  NPIH I see as a joyful alb. a kind of celebration of his "new life" - after getting rid of heavy weight on his shoulders, in so many ways. And here I refer to his many interviews this spring and summer - he's clearly very happy now, and finally feel free :wub:  And imo, NPIH is a result  of this, and at least for me, a very,  very good one !  :wub: But as we all know, MIKA is capable of whatever - so only time will show what he has got up his sleeve this time... :teehee:

Love,love

me    

I agree with what you say. He does seem very happy at the moment and much more carefree. I actually thought that the gay community in the UK would get behind this album, and then support Mika. He's been very brave, as I have said on other threads, because this album can't be misunderstood, it's out there. Yet the songs also appeal to everyone else as well. I had hopes that gay people would love the album, and that their straight relatives and friends would also get into it.

Most of the reviews in the UK, however, don't even really mention how bold the album is, they mostly just dismiss it, or say that Mika is old-fashioned. I think it's such a shame that this aspect of the album is so totally ignored in the UK. The US is better for appreciating the bravery of Mika's album.

But for the new album, he had mentioned Ordinary Man and that the new work would follow on from that. I think that's a good move if it's true. Whether it will make a difference with the sales, we'll have to wait and see.

Everything he does should be available in all countries, and certainly his book should also be in English.

• Like 1

I didn't translate this online article because it's a compilation of serious press articles and I don't give much credit to this site....my guess is that the new album they mention is The Montreal recording and they messed up on the name of Mika's book calling it "diary of a western optimist" ( occidental instead of accidental ) . I'm always happy to hear about new Mika songs though :biggrin2:

However if I can download the radio interview I' ll translate it :wink2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

I agree with what you say. He does seem very happy at the moment and much more carefree. I actually thought that the gay community in the UK would get behind this album, and then support Mika. He's been very brave, as I have said on other threads, because this album can't be misunderstood, it's out there. Yet the songs also appeal to everyone else as well. I had hopes that gay people would love the album, and that their straight relatives and friends would also get into it.

Most of the reviews in the UK, however, don't even really mention how bold the album is, they mostly just dismiss it, or say that Mika is old-fashioned. I think it's such a shame that this aspect of the album is so totally ignored in the UK. The US is better for appreciating the bravery of Mika's album.

But for the new album, he had mentioned Ordinary Man and that the new work would follow on from that. I think that's a good move if it's true. Whether it will make a difference with the sales, we'll have to wait and see.

Everything he does should be available in all countries, and certainly his book should also be in English.

:thumb_yello: Exactly my thought as well Marilyn - and that's why I have to feel a bit sad about the UK reviews, because most of them are... - well, "poor"  ;)  Everyone has the right to like/dislike - but when an artist is judged by so called professional reviewers, one has to expect it all to be decent and fair, at least.  It really looks like the US see MIKA with different eyes than the UK :dunno:  But maybe these people, the UK reviewers,  don't mind about this gay thing - and don't won't to mix it with his musicwork , and see it all as a total - I don't know...

Re. your comment about the lyric for "Good Guys" which you posted in another thread, I also agree :)   It's the "heroes" from MIKAs youth that he lists up - people who helped him understand his own identity.  It's what he has told about this subject himself, in several interviews lately.  I'm sure nobody knows better about the "good, gay guys" of today than himself - probably he also knows several of them by person, for all we know... :wink2: 

Love,love

me 

:thumb_yello: Exactly my thought as well Marilyn - and that's why I have to feel a bit sad about the UK reviews, because most of them are... - well, "poor"  ;)  Everyone has the right to like/dislike - but when an artist is judged by so called professional reviewers, one has to expect it all to be decent and fair, at least.  It really looks like the US see MIKA with different eyes than the UK :dunno:  But maybe these people, the UK reviewers,  don't mind about this gay thing - and don't won't to mix it with his musicwork , and see it all as a total - I don't know...

Re. your comment about the lyric for "Good Guys" which you posted in another thread, I also agree :)   It's the "heroes" from MIKAs youth that he lists up - people who helped him understand his own identity.  It's what he has told about this subject himself, in several interviews lately.  I'm sure nobody knows better about the "good, gay guys" of today than himself - probably he also knows several of them by person, for all we know... :wink2:

Love,love

me 

There's a guy I really like. Not as much as Mika, but he's great and I think if he and Mika met they would get on so well. He's called Rylan Clarke. He started out as a contestant on UK X Factor, but he's not a good singer. However, he has a great, charismatic personality and has made a name for himself as a presenter on the Big Brother companion show on Channel 5, and on the This Morning show on ITV. Recently he competed in Celebrity Masterchef and was so funny and brilliant on that show.

He's a lot like Mika, with a quirky sense of humour and the ability to make everyone who meets him, love him. He's also, like Mika, in a relationship. Rylan is actually engaged to his guy Dan and they are getting married soon. But Dan, like Mika's guy Andreas, stays mainly out of the limelight.

Like Mika, Rylan has normalised being gay. He doesn't go on about it, everyone just knows that he is. Just the same way that Mika just goes on about his business and makes no big deal of being a gay man.

So to me, Rylan is another gay hero of today. One day he and Mika might be named in a song that another gay guy, who is young and nervous at the moment, might write in the future. Wouldn't that be great.

• Like 1

There's a guy I really like. Not as much as Mika, but he's great and I think if he and Mika met they would get on so well. He's called Rylan Clarke. He started out as a contestant on UK X Factor, but he's not a good singer. However, he has a great, charismatic personality and has made a name for himself as a presenter on the Big Brother companion show on Channel 5, and on the This Morning show on ITV. Recently he competed in Celebrity Masterchef and was so funny and brilliant on that show.

He's a lot like Mika, with a quirky sense of humour and the ability to make everyone who meets him, love him. He's also, like Mika, in a relationship. Rylan is actually engaged to his guy Dan and they are getting married soon. But Dan, like Mika's guy Andreas, stays mainly out of the limelight.

Like Mika, Rylan has normalised being gay. He doesn't go on about it, everyone just knows that he is. Just the same way that Mika just goes on about his business and makes no big deal of being a gay man.

So to me, Rylan is another gay hero of today. One day he and Mika might be named in a song that another gay guy, who is young and nervous at the moment, might write in the future. Wouldn't that be great.

:)  This sounds like a very nice and charming person, and one MIKA abs. should meet!  :thumb_yello:  Let's keep our fingers crossed for that.  And YES, MIKA's a good model for young, insecure people.  He has been through so much, and had such a difficult youth, in many ways, but still came out of it all, with great victory! :wub: Now he just can "kick ass"  to everybody who made his days bad, for whatever reason they could find to be such, excuse me -  assholes :sneaky2: But the best thing is that MIKA really seems to have kept his beautiful and kind mind and spirit, with no hate or lust for revenge - he's nice and lovely to everybody... :wub:

The last hour I've been busy with watching his new vid. "Staring at the sun"  - it's sooo beautiful, and really for my taste, as I LOVE to be outdoors, in beautiful nature!!  :)   This' so much better than "Underwater" vid - with it's fake water... :teehee: 

Well done  MIKA - but now I want to see this vid.  on the big music channels !!!  :yes:  :fisch:  

Love,love

me

TF1

Le journal de 13h

Mika : "Je fonctionne dans le désordre" ("I work in the disorder")

http://lci.tf1.fr/jt-13h/videos/2015/mika-je-fonctionne-dans-le-desordre-8640589.html

à 13h35

Ce jeudi soir, le chanteur Mika a donné un concert à Estavayer-le-Lac, en Suisse devant plus de 5.000 personnes. En coulisses, le chanteur a accepté de répondre aux questions de TF1.

:edit:

Le 13 heures du 31 juillet 2015 (HD)

http://lci.tf1.fr/jt-13h/videos/2015/le-13-heures-du-31-juillet-2015-8638607.html

YouTube

Edited by Kumazzz
adding HD video link
  • Like 2

:)  This sounds like a very nice and charming person, and one MIKA abs. should meet!  :thumb_yello:  Let's keep our fingers crossed for that.  And YES, MIKA's a good model for young, insecure people.  He has been through so much, and had such a difficult youth, in many ways, but still came out of it all, with great victory! :wub: Now he just can "kick ass"  to everybody who made his days bad, for whatever reason they could find to be such, excuse me -  assholes :sneaky2: But the best thing is that MIKA really seems to have kept his beautiful and kind mind and spirit, with no hate or lust for revenge - he's nice and lovely to everybody... :wub:

The last hour I've been busy with watching his new vid. "Staring at the sun"  - it's sooo beautiful, and really for my taste, as I LOVE to be outdoors, in beautiful nature!!  :)   This' so much better than "Underwater" vid - with it's fake water... :teehee:

Well done  MIKA - but now I want to see this vid.  on the big music channels !!!  :yes:  :fisch:  

Love,love

me

I would so love Mika and Rylan to meet. Mika has already met someone who works with Rylan on Big Brother. The presenter, Emma Willis. When he was on that radio show recently, during the promotion week in the UK, where there were a few people, basically, having a chat, she was on the show as well. I really hope she went back and told Rylan all about Mika.

I adore the SATS video! It's just the right thing for him. He just needs to get away from all the gaudy cartoon scenery and silly costumes, not to mention the fake sea in Uw.

All we need is natural scenery, a beautiful sun, and an even more beautiful Mika. Andreas did a wonderful job and I hope he directs all Mika's videos from now on.

• Like 1