Last Party - Song and Lyrics Discussion

Log lady

Love both the song and the video. This piece is sublime. Three minutes looking at him in the eye, the viewer can't help feeling some kind of emotion (up to you what it is), it's part of our human nature. One can even hear and see him breathing. I feel like reaching him out when he invites us to wrap our arms around everybody. The orchestral arrangements are outstanding and really effective. Love how it ends, Mika leaving the room silently and the emotion lingering on.

• Like 1

Yes I think he likes Freddie and Queen. How could he not like them? I think he just had to distance himself earlier on in his career, because of all the comparisons with Freddie. It got really old, really fast.

But after all this time, in his career, he's proved he's not a clone of Freddie, he's his own person and an artist in his own right.

For me, the song seems more about the tragedy of AIDS, which Freddie, and others contracted, than about just a tribute to Freddie himself.

It seems that one of the recent stories said something about Freddie, I just can't locate it at the moment... and I'm with you, Marilyn!

Sending you hellos from across the pond. Hope you are doing well!

This is exactly what he said,it's not in particular a song dedicated to Freddie,but to the all ppl who suffered and died from this disease. Anyway,if you know a little about Freddie's life,everything makes sense with those lyrics.

Queenie here since 1978, so more than a little sense. Freddie was definitely one of those people who lived while he was alive. Even after the diagnosis.

I'm very curious to know how this song came to life, what was the idea that popped up in his head when he wrote such sad words. The music is just heartbreakingly bittersweet...:wub2:

It plays in my head no stop!

I hope he'll make some video to explain the songs as he did for TOOL!

It seems that one of the recent stories said something about Freddie, I just can't locate it at the moment... and I'm with you, Marilyn!

Sending you hellos from across the pond. Hope you are doing well!

I'm doing brilliantly thank you!

Really excited by all the stuff happening now Mika has a new record company running his promo.

Let's hope it resonates in UK. Some UK fans have started posting here again.

Welcome home UK fans!

Let's party like it's '07 again.

would someone be able to trancript only this part??? I want to share in my FB along the video :blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:

Here is the interview with subtitles :thumb_yello:

:france::uk: Here is the interview with Nikos at Radio Europe 1 from last Saturday with English and French Subtitles

yEqeYptOcqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEqeYptOcqo:

The part when he talks a bit about the background of the song is at 15:27 (or 14:44 when you want the mustache part, too :naughty:)

• Like 1

The part when he talks a bit about the background of the song is at 15:27 (or 14:44 when you want the mustache part, too :naughty:)

The mustache part really made me laugh out loud :naughty:

The mustache part was hilarious! Thank you to everyone who did the translating and subtitling. It is so nice to be able to understand interviews. :thumb_yello:

Philippe Dion posted this preview of accès illimité with Mika explaining Last Party as a tribute to Freddie Mercury

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=488627594622324

Translation

Jean-Philippe Dion: I read the lyrics of Last Party and they are filled with melancholy.

Mika: Last Party's lyrics are very tough. I read a story about Freddie Mercury and after he learned that he had AIDS he decided to lock himself in a club to party during three days. And I told myself it was so sad , this story really affected me and I told myself, why wouldn't I write something about it , so I asked myself what the most idiotic chorus would be and "And if it's the end of the world let's party, like it's the end of the world let's party" and you can imagine guys in tank tops in Miami at the beach doing this.

Jean-Philippe Dion: Ah, that's very moving.

Mika: It's a bit rough. That's why I usually prefer , well it is the first time I'm talking about the story behind the song, because I prefer to make people listen to it . Once in a while, it's best not to explain too much a song.

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

Philippe Dion posted this preview of accès illimité with Mika explaining Last Party as a tribute to Freddie Mercury

Translation

Jean-Philippe Dion: I read the lyrics of Last Party and they are filled with melacholy.

Mika: Last Party's lyrics are very tough. I read a story about Freddie Mercury and after he learned that he had AIDS he decided to lock himself in a club to party during three days. And I told myself it was so sad , this story really affected me and I told myself, why wouldn't I write something about it , so I asked myself what the most idiotic chorus would be and "And if it's the end of the world let's party, like it's the end of the world let's party" and you can imagine guys in tanks up in Miami at the beach doing this.

Mika: It's a big rough. That's why I usually prefer , well it is the first time I'm talking about the story behind the song, because I prefer to make people listen to it . Once in a while, it's best not to explain too much a song.

Ohh thank you Anne, I'm not often in Internet lately and don't get the all news, so it's great to read more extended version of the lyrics explanation.

I remember, that being 14 y.o it was really hard to me to imagine what exactly Freddie had felt at those days, so I totally understand what Mika expressed with such a dark and controversial song.

• Like 1

Ohh thank you Anne, I'm not often in Internet lately and don't get the all news, so it's great to read more extended version of the lyrics explanation.

I remember, that being 14 y.o it was really hard to me to imagine what exactly Freddie had felt at those days, so I totally understand what Mika expressed with such a dark and controversial song.

I edited it as I made a typo and a mistake, but now it's ok , sorry about that :blush-anim-cl:

The mustache part really made me laugh out loud :naughty:

it made me giggle too... lol, just the way i see it, a cheap 70s p*rn star. :lmfao:

Translation

Jean-Philippe Dion: I read the lyrics of Last Party and they are filled with melacholy.

Mika: Last Party's lyrics are very tough. I read a story about Freddie Mercury and after he learned that he had AIDS he decided to lock himself in a club to party during three days. And I told myself it was so sad , this story really affected me and I told myself, why wouldn't I write something about it , so I asked myself what the most idiotic chorus would be and "And if it's the end of the world let's party, like it's the end of the world let's party" and you can imagine guys in tank tops in Miami at the beach doing this.

Mika: It's a bit rough. That's why I usually prefer , well it is the first time I'm talking about the story behind the song, because I prefer to make people listen to it . Once in a while, it's best not to explain too much a song.

thank you, very interesting!

• Like 1

Thanks a million for the translation Anne!

"Last Party" is one of my BEST MIKA fav songs !!!

I'd like to hear this song at Japan tour !!!:wub2:

btw,

this is the direct MP4 : https://fbcdn-video-j-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xfp1/v/t43.1792-2/11043850_488632794621804_1255491931_n.mp4?efg=eyJxZSI6ImhpZ2hfcXVhbGl0eV9zZF8wMzAyLDI0MHBfd2ViX2lwYWRfMjI0cF9tb2JpbGUifQ%3D%3D&rl=1500&vabr=631&oh=ab6447ea0aea18dd99732fc10a02c511&oe=552BF799&__gda__=1428944218_035506b1b6b58c445474c27d227159db :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

it made me giggle too... lol, just the way i see it, a cheap 70s p*rn star. :lmfao:

thank you, very interesting!

You're very welcome girls :huglove:

Thanks for the link Eriko :huglove:

I love Last Party too :wub2:

I love all the new songs of No Place In Heaven :wub2::thumb_yello:

I tried to edit the title of the thread but I can't. Apparently I wrote the wrong name back then and never noticed until now, sorry for that. The correct title is "Last Party", without the article.

The Mods can change the title for you, just ask them

I tried to edit the title of the thread but I can't. Apparently I wrote the wrong name back then and never noticed until now, sorry for that. The correct title is "Last Party", without the article.

The Mods can change the title for you, just ask them
title is fixed :thumb_yello:

Thanks a lot for the translation Anne !! :huglove:

Translation
Jean-Philippe Dion: I read the lyrics of Last Party and they are filled with melancholy.

uploaded the file to YouTube.

[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE] Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1