MIKA in Rome for ZOOLANDER 2

Valmont69

Well, imagine doing promo three days in a row, 8 hours a day. How sincere would you sound in the end? I think he was being very nice.

I hope you are right, I really hate the idea that he disrespect mika.

I hope you are right, I really hate the idea that he disrespect mika.

I also didnt like the answer, it appears he was wrecking his brains WHO IS MIKA and then he remembered and looked guilty :rollingpin:

Wow, if you even consider this disrespecting Mika, then I do not want to know what you'll do when someone is genuinely nasty about him.

It's just different people having different opinions about a video, and based on what I heard from other MFCers, I'm not the only one feels that there is something unpleasant the way Ben Stiller talked about mika. Why do you react like I'm a monster? :dunno: It's so not worth a fight.

• Like 3

It's just different people having different opinions about a video, and based on what I heard from other MFCers, I'm not the only one feels that there is something unpleasant the way Ben Stiller talked about mika. Why do you react like I'm a monster? :dunno: It's so not worth a fight.

Ditto Yang! So unpleasant when some get edgy on this forum. Even up till Dec Mika was talking on French radio about the movie! There is a Chinese saying for this "no face (respect) to Mika" for the free plugging.

• Like 2

What the actual hell? Can you stop being so dramatic? Ben Stiller said Mika was talented and handsome. I do not see that as disrespecting. Not everybody is going to burst out of their own skin from joy when they hear Mika's name. So np, Ben Stiller was not nasty about Mika and that is why I wonder how you will react when someone is actually mean to Mika.

The film industry is a tough one and reality is, Mika is no Bieber. So when his scene does not add anything, it gets cut. I'm certain Mika is not lying awake at night because of this.

Ditto Yang! So unpleasant when some get edgy on this forum. Even up till Dec Mika was talking on French radio about the movie! There is a Chinese saying for this "no face (respect) to Mika" for the free plugging.

I find it very unpleasant when some get overly sensitive when there is no reason on this forum.

What the actual hell? Can you stop being so dramatic? Ben Stiller said Mika was talented and handsome. I do not see that as disrespecting. Not everybody is going to burst out of their own skin from joy when they hear Mika's name. So np, Ben Stiller was not nasty about Mika and that is why I wonder how you will react when someone is actually mean to Mika.

The film industry is a tough one and reality is, Mika is no Bieber. So when his scene does not add anything, it gets cut. I'm certain Mika is not lying awake at night because of this.

Seriously, I don't get where the temper and anger come from. If you are angry because I don't and won't agree with you, it just doesn't make any sense.

As I said, different people have different opinion. You have your opinion, I have mine. Someone agree with me, someone agree with you. 

One more thing, I've looked at some of your posts, and talked to some other MFCers, apparently you have a habit of posting mean post, and being mean to other MFCers, and if they responded to that, you called them oversenstitive or something similar. Maybe you didn't know or didn't mean to, but I am going to point it out to you that what you said was very harsh. Even YOU dont think so, it doesn't mean it's not. And, you can not force other people to agree with you. Stop being a bully!

If you still don't understand. I'm not going to reply to your post anymore, based on the history, it's obviously not a good idea to argue with you.

Edited by yang
  • Like 1

Seriously, I don't get where the temper and anger come from. If you are angry because I don't and won't agree with you, it just doesn't make any sense.

As I said, different people have different opinion. You have your opinion, I have mine. Someone agree with me, someone agree with you. 

One more thing, I've looked at some of your posts, and talked to some other MFCers, apparently you have a habit of posting mean post, and being mean to other MFCers, and if they responded to that, you called them oversenstitive or something similar. Maybe you didn't know or didn't mean to, but I am going to point it out to you that what you said was very harsh. Even YOU dont think so, it doesn't mean it's not. And, you can not force other people to agree with you. Stop being a bully!

If you still don't understand. I'm not going to reply to your post anymore, based on the history, it's obviously not a good idea to argue with you.

I am not angry. I don't care if you agree with me or not. What upsets me and pisses me off is the fact that you are implying that I said you were a monster just because you said a relatively innocent interview came across as disrespecting Mika and I genuinely wondered what would happen if someone was really nasty. Maybe that is the language barrier. Maybe it are cultural difference. I had no malicious intent but you twisted it that way.

And I am sure I know some of the MFCers you refer to. Thing is, I am a very direct person. I say what is on my mind and perhaps I do not take sensitive souls into account. But if I think something someone says is bulls**t, then I will say so. If I think something Mika says is bulls**t, I will tell him so too. You obviously have zero understanding of what bullying is, because if you and all the MFCers who accuse me of bullying did know, you would know that I would constantly insult you and make your life miserable. As someone who has been through bullying, I find it insulting that you say that. The fact that you may feel like you need to protect Mika or say good things about him at all times, does not mean that that is what I should do. I think you are accusing me of something you are guilty of. I do not agree with you and thus you play the bully card.

As with all the other people who say what a horrible person I am, every story has two sides. They are not exactly Mary Sues themselves.

But if you wish to see me as an evil mean and nasty person, be my guest. It seems that most Mika fans nowadays cannot take criticism or honesty anymore. Oh how I long for the old days when everything could be said and done without people playing the victim.

On topic, I just read an interview with Ben Stiller who said they could not put every cameo in the film because if they did, there wouldn't have been screen time for the main characters. There you have it.

I just read this convo, and this is how it went: 

someone: poor mika, ben stiller only said a few words about him, and he has not even totally fallen in love with him, he was just being nice instead of fangurling and didn't claim to the world what an awesome guy and artist mika is

someone else: stiller was not nasty, he was nice enough and anyway mika is not that famous, all considered. Stiller told he's talented and handsome, which is still something. 

someone: I don't agree with you

someone else: I don't agree with you

blah blah 

and then there we go, someone is spiraling, moving the convo on a personal passive aggressive level. And that was not Ingrid:

Why do you react like I'm a monster? 

Attempt to stop it:

Can you stop being so dramatic? (+ more sensible explanation about stiller not having been rude, trying to move the convo back to the topic again)

And one more off topic and personal attack: 

I cannot find a single word where Ingrid was "very harsh" as you said. I really don't know in what world you are living in, apparently it's all rainbows and ice cream, compared to the real one. She was being straightforward but totally normal, and yes, you are being oversensitive. Like, a lot. Moreover, YOU were very harsh in the first place, you spiraled and ended up calling her a bully. That is being aggressive for no reason. That would make you a bully in the first place, actually. Making up a boo boo and crying over it, blaming other people and attacking them as if it was their fault, that is a very passive aggressive behavior. That is a twisted way to bully people in the first place.

I am not angry. I don't care if you agree with me or not. What upsets me and pisses me off is the fact that you are implying that I said you were a monster just because you said a relatively innocent interview came across as disrespecting Mika and I genuinely wondered what would happen if someone was really nasty. Maybe that is the language barrier. Maybe it are cultural difference. I had no malicious intent but you twisted it that way.

And I am sure I know some of the MFCers you refer to. Thing is, I am a very direct person. I say what is on my mind and perhaps I do not take sensitive souls into account. But if I think something someone says is bulls**t, then I will say so. If I think something Mika says is bulls**t, I will tell him so too. You obviously have zero understanding of what bullying is, because if you and all the MFCers who accuse me of bullying did know, you would know that I would constantly insult you and make your life miserable. As someone who has been through bullying, I find it insulting that you say that. The fact that you may feel like you need to protect Mika or say good things about him at all times, does not mean that that is what I should do. I think you are accusing me of something you are guilty of. I do not agree with you and thus you play the bully card.

I agree. As I told, I reall wonder what their life experience is, if they can not even stand such a normal and calm chat like this one. Basically 80% of my talks at work and with people are harsher than what happened here a while ago. 
And yes, Yang, you are right, writing on this forum is very difficult at times, cause as soon as someone doesn't talk about mika as a poor helpless gigantic baby, they are accused of being nasty and bully. The only safe way to differ is to talk about nothing, like: "I like blue".  " I see, I very much appreciate your taste, but I like yellow better. Please forgive me for that, I love you, let's still be friends despite this huge difference in our opinions. I do not want to hurt anybody with my love for yellow things. Long live to Mika". 
Well, no, thanks. Long live to straightforward and funny people who are strong enough to endure a little confrontation. Too bad they are a rare breed, these days. 

Edited by Elwendin
  • Like 1

It seems that most Mika fans nowadays cannot take criticism or honesty anymore. Oh how I long for the old days when everything could be said and done without people playing the victim.

There is plenty of criticism and honesty coming your way from Mika fans if you have a reputation for being a bitch. Then people have no qualms about telling you what a bitch you are, at the same time pretending they have been bullied because you spoke to them (or perhaps if you didn't, there is no winning this game). To this day I have fans I've never interacted with before calling me an ugly, fat rat and claiming I've bullied them. Apparently it's a lot easier than just accepting someone else's point of view or trying to formulate a logical argument to help them see your point of view.

I reall wonder what their life experience is, if they can not even stand such a normal and calm chat like this one. Basically 80% of my talks at work and with people are harsher than what happened here a while ago.

This is now going on in the real world. Students at ivy league universities swearing and screaming at professors over Halloween costumes, demanding safe spaces where they can pet puppies and colour in books to get over the trauma of someone they don't agree with making a speech on campus, speakers requiring body guards because they are being physically threatened by the same students who claim they need safe spaces. This is the way of the world now.

On the subject of Zoolander, I am amazed that Ben Stiller is at all familiar with Mika's music. He is an A list celebrity and Mika is virtually unknown in the US. I thought his reaction, saying Mika has the Zoolander DNA, was not only cute but very perceptive. I have been saying the same thing myself ever since Mika began this Valentino obsession. He complimented his looks and talent, how this can be construed as disrespectful is beyond me.

Mika has not been "promoting" Zoolander. He has been bragging about it. I guess he is naive about how these things work and didn't realize there was a good chance he would be cut, because he is not Justin Bieber. I am sure he is disappointed and I am too because I wanted to see it. But that is the way these things go. I heard a story from a comedian recently who took all his family and friends to the premiere of a movie and was embarrased because the director didn't tell him he didn't make the cut.

I just read this convo, and this is how it went: 

someone: poor mika, ben stiller only said a few words about him, and he has not even totally fallen in love with him, he was just being nice instead of fangurling and didn't claim to the world what an awesome guy and artist mika is

someone else: stiller was not nasty, he was nice enough and anyway mika is not that famous, all considered. Stiller told he's talented and handsome, which is still something. 

someone: I don't agree with you

someone else: I don't agree with you

blah blah 

and then there we go, someone is spiraling, moving the convo on a personal passive aggressive level. And that was not Ingrid:

Attempt to stop it:

And one more off topic and personal attack: 

I cannot find a single word where Ingrid was "very harsh" as you said. I really don't know in what world you are living in, apparently it's all rainbows and ice cream, compared to the real one. She was being straightforward but totally normal, and yes, you are being oversensitive. Like, a lot. Moreover, YOU were very harsh in the first place, you spiraled and ended up calling her a bully. That is being aggressive for no reason. That would make you a bully in the first place, actually. Making up a boo boo and crying over it, blaming other people and attacking them as if it was their fault, that is a very passive aggressive behavior. That is a twisted way to bully people in the first place.

I agree. As I told, I reall wonder what their life experience is, if they can not even stand such a normal and calm chat like this one. Basically 80% of my talks at work and with people are harsher than what happened here a while ago. 

And yes, Yang, you are right, writing on this forum is very difficult at times, cause as soon as someone doesn't talk about mika as a poor helpless gigantic baby, they are accused of being nasty and bully. The only safe way to differ is to talk about nothing, like: "I like blue".  " I see, I very much appreciate your taste, but I like yellow better. Please forgive me for that, I love you, let's still be friends despite this huge difference in our opinions. I do not want to hurt anybody with my love for yellow things. Long live to Mika". 

Well, no, thanks. Long live to straightforward and funny people who are strong enough to endure a little confrontation. Too bad they are a rare breed, these days. 

Wow, interesting, first she said "then I do not want to know what you'll do when someone is genuinely nasty about him", then she said "what the actual hell", and called me stop being "so dramatic", and you feel ok, that's not harsh, because she is "just being straight". Well, I felt being hurt, both times, so I said it out, and responded. And all of the sudden I'm the bad guy. Also, I'm not accusing her being bully because she does not agree with me, I accuse her that because a lot MFCers felt being hurt and she apparently does not think so or know that. If I hurt her feelings, I appologize.

And I dont talk about mika as a poor helpless gigantic baby, it's just as a fan I wish him to be more respected and loved, I know in the world sometimes that's not the thing but I dont see why what is wrong I wished that way. I know some fans like to treat mika down to earth, some fans like to stay over the moon. It doesnt matter, what really confuses me is that the former somehow always feels the need to drag the latter down. Like if we didn't, we should not talk anymore.

Another thing that I've learnt over the years, cause I used to speak straightly over the years and hurted a lot people, is that no matter what your intentions is, if you hurt other people, you need to say sorry or at least stop doing that. If you live in a place that people just saying harsher things and you feel fine, it doesn't mean other people feels fine too, what is that so hard to understand?

Also, if you are soo ok with being straight forward, why you are not ok I am being straight forward and saying my mind out? It's so interesting the double standard here.

Apparently, we all have our standard, what is rude/mean, what is not. Maybe this is the reason we argue. But since you all ready know there are fans scared of you, being hurt by you, why kept doing that? That's not straight forward, that is just bad.

Again, if I was mean to Ingie, I appologize.

Edited by yang

I know there are worse words out there. I was being called "bitch", "slut", "Your mom is a wh**e, and begging other people to buy her" during middle school, I attempted to suicide once, just jump down my balcony at fifth floor and everything would be over. I may got lucky that few of the bullies went physical to me. But yeah I know how terrible and insulting how words can be.

However, it doesn't mean that the harsh words that are less horrible should be said either, "Oh you think I'm being mean, I could be meaner!" "You think this is harsh, it could be harsher,you big baby!". The logic is simply not right. The words that hurt people less still hurt.

I was so shocked when Ingie first said "I do not want to know what you'll do when someone is genuinely nasty about him". What had just happened? Did I say something wrong? We were talking about Ben Stiller's attitude, why suddenly she began to use "You" and made a direct comment on me? So I said I didn't understand, you made me felt that I would be a monster( when someone is nasty about him).

So yeah, I am not the one to escalate this thing. Even someone don't think that's not a bad comment, not as bad as "bitch","bulls**t", or something else. It is a still an unpleasant comment to me. Even it is not a terrible comment, it is still judging people, and became personal when there is no reason to be.

I think the difference here, is that when things went ugly, I would check myself first, to see if I did something wrong. That is why I talked to other MFCers to ask for a third party opinion yesterday, and that caused my action to stand out to Ingie to tell her she is being mean to me. Maybe based on someone's opinion I am the one overacting, and maybe I am. Howevever, apparently the other side of this argument is not doing the same thing. Instead, it's just " oh, that's nothing, I could do worse to you".

Edited by yang
  • Like 2

I don't know why I'm throwing myself into this and I'll probably hate myself later on, anyway, I think all of this is so unnecessary. This is a forum where to exchange opinions, can we all please bear that in mind and stop taking everything as a personal attack? I find it kind of sad that someone has to restrain themselves from commenting out of fear of offending others' sensitivity or that someone else really feels offended by other people's opinions. Just my two cents. Now I'll crawl back under my rock.

• Like 4

Wow, interesting, first she said "then I do not want to know what you'll do when someone is genuinely nasty about him", then she said "what the actual hell", and called me stop being "so dramatic", and you feel ok, that's not harsh, because she is "just being straight". Well, I felt being hurt, both times, so I said it out, and responded. And all of the sudden I'm the bad guy. Also, I'm not accusing her being bully because she does not agree with me, I accuse her that because a lot MFCers feels being hurt and she apparently does not think so or know that. If I hurt her feelings, I appologize.

And I dont talk about mika as a poor helpless gigantic baby, it's just as a fan I wish him to be more respected and loved, I know in the world sometimes that's not the thing but I dont see why what is wrong I wished that way. I know some fans like to treat mika down to earth, some fans like to stay over the moon. It doesnt matter, what really confuses me is that the former somehow always feels the need to drag the latter down. Like if we didn't, we should not talk anymore.

Another thing that I've learnt over the years, cause I used to speak straightly over the years and hurted a lot people, is that no matter what your intentions is, if you hurt other people, you need to say sorry or at least stop doing that. If you live in a place that people just saying harsher things and you feel fine, it doesn't mean other people feels fine too, what is that so hard to understand?

Also, if you are soo ok with being straight forward, why you are not ok I am being straight forward and saying my mind out? It's so interesting the double standard here.

Apparently, we all have our standard, what is rude/mean, what is not. Maybe this is the reason we argue. But since you all ready know there are fans scared of you, being hurt by you, why kept doing that? That's not straight forward, that is just bad.

Again, if I was mean to Ingie, I appologize.

I never intended to hurt you. In fact, the whole comment that started this thing wasn't meant in a malicious way either. It was genuine interest. All the things in bold were also not a personal attack on you. You would have known if it was.And you call me a bully because you've heard other people say so. You had no experience with me whatsoever, but you decided to believe others and I can't win against the image that you already have in your mind. Am I an angel? Definitely not. Can I be harsh sometimes? Absolutely. But I do not go around being 'mean' to people because I want to. It is action reaction. I am sure the majority of people of the people who say that I'm a bully have either insulted me/stalked me/gossiped about me/or even bullied me. So yes, I might have been quite direct in my reply after you said I called you a monster because I would never do such a thing for no reason and because of my past, I do not accept people to talk to me that way. I've been hurt before. I am not going to let that happen twice. Does that sometimes make me a bitch? Absolutely. But I never say things as a sport to hurt somebody. As I said, it's action reaction.

I never implied that you are blind when it comes to Mika. I honestly thought it was strange that you would think that this was a form of disrespect and I honestly wanted to know what you would do if someone was truly mean to Mika. There was no sarcasm there.

I prefer it if you speak your mind like you are doing now. I admire that in a person. However, I responded to the fact that I was accused of so many things which I did not feel were justified as I was merely interested in the discussion.

There was a time I was nice to everybody. And I got used. I still had people gossip about me behind my back. I do not need that in my life. Nobody has to be scared of me, but I am a very honest person. If I do not like you, I do not like you. If we disagree then we disagree and if you feel like you need to insult me in the process while I've been relatively polite, then I won't stay polite anymore.  Believe me, all the people who are 'scared' of me or feel 'insulted' by me are the ones who are the nastiest behind my back. At least I show my true colours. But nobody cares if their words hurt me. Nobody cares if I feel bad when they say that I do not deserve to meet Mika again or whatever. Who cares? Ingie is a bitch, she can be our scapegoat and we will feel better.

So Yang, I hope you do understand that I truly did not intend to hurt you and if I did, I apologise. My request for you is to not believe everything other people say, but approach people with an open mind instead. I am actually quite nice.

• Like 1

I know there are worse words out there. I was being called "bitch", "slut", "Your mom is a wh**e, and begging other people to buy her" during middle school, I attempted to suicide once, just jump down my balcony at fifth floor and everything would be over. I may got lucky that few of the bullies went physical to me. But yeah I know how terrible and insulting how words can be.

However, it doesn't mean that the harsh words that are less horrible should be said either, "Oh you think I'm being mean, I could be meaner!" "You think this is harsh, it could be harsher,you big baby!". The logic is simply not right. The words that hurt people less still hurt.

I was so shocked when Ingie first said "I do not want to know what you'll do when someone is genuinely nasty about him". What had just happened? Did I say something wrong? We were talking about Ben Stiller's attitude, why suddenly she began to use "You" and made a direct comment on me? So I said I didn't understand, you made me felt that I would be a monster( when someone is nasty about him).

So yeah, I am not the one to escalate this thing. Even someone don't think that's not a bad comment, not as bad as "bitch","bulls**t", or something else. It is a still an unpleasant comment to me. Even it is not a terrible comment, it is still judging people, and became personal when there is no reason to be.

I think the difference here, is that when things went ugly, I would check myself first, to see if I did something wrong. That is why I talked to other MFCers to ask for a third party opinion yesterday, and that caused my action to stand out to Ingie to tell her she is being mean to me. Maybe based on someone's opinion I am the one overacting, and maybe I am. Howevever, apparently the other side of this argument is not doing the same thing. Instead, it's just " oh, that's nothing, I could do worse to you".

I am sorry to hear that.

But you misunderstood me. I only asked what you would do in that situation and thus asked for your opinion on that. That was not an attack. Why would I attack you? The downside of a forum is that you cannot see facial expressions or hear the tone in which things are said, but I see where it went wrong now .

• Like 2

I am sorry to hear that.

But you misunderstood me. I only asked what you would do in that situation and thus asked for your opinion on that. That was not an attack. Why would I attack you? The downside of a forum is that you cannot see facial expressions or hear the tone in which things are said, but I see where it went wrong now .

Yeah I think that's why everything is happening, cuz in the forum one can not hear the tone nor see facial expression. So the words are everything and people can be misunderstood. The smillies may help but sometimes it over exaggerate things too.  That's why some words need to be careful to use, a lot swear words or serious words ( in my case "monster", or later "mean" "bully" . Again, I'm very sorry ) could really become harsh to other people. And both sides got hurt for no good reason.

I don't have the honor to meet you in person, Ingie, but I've always admire your work as a member of subtitle team.  I've met Christine once on NYC, which I think she may not remember :naughty:  . I think she is really really nice in person, and everyone I know agree with that. But in the forum we are actually scared of her too, to be honest :teehee: . And I was actually wondering why there is such a big gap between the imagine of her in person and the imagine of her in the forum. I think now I know why, when you cant see the facial expressions nor hear the tone, every piece of words sound very serious even we don't mean to, and the meaning is exaggerated too and sounds dramatic.

So glad we figure this out, Ingie. There is an old Chinese proverb "Out of blows friendship grows".  I wish we can meet in person someday, during a mika gig either in Italy, US, or somewhere else that we can explore together.

• Like 3

There is plenty of criticism and honesty coming your way from Mika fans if you have a reputation for being a bitch. Then people have no qualms about telling you what a bitch you are, at the same time pretending they have been bullied because you spoke to them (or perhaps if you didn't, there is no winning this game). To this day I have fans I've never interacted with before calling me an ugly, fat rat and claiming I've bullied them. Apparently it's a lot easier than just accepting someone else's point of view or trying to formulate a logical argument to help them see your point of view.

This is now going on in the real world. Students at ivy league universities swearing and screaming at professors over Halloween costumes, demanding safe spaces where they can pet puppies and colour in books to get over the trauma of someone they don't agree with making a speech on campus, speakers requiring body guards because they are being physically threatened by the same students who claim they need safe spaces. This is the way of the world now.

On the subject of Zoolander, I am amazed that Ben Stiller is at all familiar with Mika's music. He is an A list celebrity and Mika is virtually unknown in the US. I thought his reaction, saying Mika has the Zoolander DNA, was not only cute but very perceptive. I have been saying the same thing myself ever since Mika began this Valentino obsession. He complimented his looks and talent, how this can be construed as disrespectful is beyond me.

Mika has not been "promoting" Zoolander. He has been bragging about it. I guess he is naive about how these things work and didn't realize there was a good chance he would be cut, because he is not Justin Bieber. I am sure he is disappointed and I am too because I wanted to see it. But that is the way these things go. I heard a story from a comedian recently who took all his family and friends to the premiere of a movie and was embarrased because the director didn't tell him he didn't make the cut.

First of all, for whatever reason, call you these words are not acceptable, no matter under what circumstance! And, I've met you in person once in NYC, which you may not remember :mf_rosetinted: , but you are really nice in person, and very beautiful (at least, based on my perspective) ! I still remember how smooth your skin looks like (yeah maybe I'm a little creepy for noticing these things :naughty: ) !

As for the attitude to MIKA, I think the reason of the difference between us, is that the old fans know him better. In a way of speaking, you love him on earth.  Me, and some other newer fans,  really don't have the lucky to know him that well, and we love him over the moon. It never feels good when someone is trying to drag us down to earth. Also, to be honest, we are a little jealous that you get to see him more, and even know his partner well. And it kinda hurts to us that you are much closer to him, yet you kept saying the not so good side in his character, like being closer to him is not a good idea. We would love to be in your place, and you seems to us that you are not enjoying the position.

I think I understand, that if you are more close to a person, he is more real and you can see the flaws more clearly. On the other said, we could really appreciate that you can understand us, or at least try to, why we still treat him as a perfect image and become upset when we see other people not doing that. And, since we still dont and wont have the chance to know him as well as you do, please don't drag us down to earth when we are over the moon, which is really not a good experience to us. I know you prefer to argue, yet not everyone love to argue with other people and face confrontation. You may not understand, but please at least accept and respect that.

Edited by yang
  • Like 2

First of all, for whatever reason, call you these words are not acceptable, no matter under what circumstance! And, I've met you in person once in NYC, which you may not remember :mf_rosetinted: , but you are really nice in person, and very beautiful (at least, based on my perspective) ! I still remember how smooth your skin looks like (yeah maybe I'm a little creepy for noticing these things :naughty: ) !

Yes I remember you very well. I was on the side of the stage so I could see your face during the gig. I remember one moment I thought you were going to faint due to your proximity to Mika. :lmfao: It was really funny/sweet and it was nice to see so many people in the room adore Mika to remind me of when I felt the same way. It's fun to see him through your eyes.

So you needn't be envious, "reality" has its good points and its bad points.

Thanks for the compliments. I don't care what people say or think about me because I don't value the opinions of people like that, but it does make me angry that I am being portrayed as a bully by people who are insulting and harassing me (or anyone else) just because it is such a dishonest and infantile way of responding to an opinion you don't like.

I think I understand, that if you are more close to a person, he is more real and you can see the flaws more clearly. On the other said, we could really appreciate that you can understand us, or at least try to, why we still treat him as a perfect image and become upset when we see other people not doing that. And, since we still dont and wont have the chance to know him as well as you do, please don't drag us down to earth when we are over the moon, which is really not a good experience to us.

The thing is I like down to earth Mika. I like the things about him that are not "perfect", I don't see them all as flaws. One of the reasons I've gone off him in the past couple of years is because all I see in interviews and on TV shows is this fake image of "perfection" that doesn't appeal to me at all. To me it is not a criticism or an insult to point out that his TV persona or the marketing spin he tells interviewers is not what he's really like when the cameras are switched off. My experience is the exact opposite of yours where all of this fake image and interests Mika seems to have now is what has made me come down from my cloud. I adored down to earth Mika.

Yes I remember you very well. I was on the side of the stage so I could see your face during the gig. I remember one moment I thought you were going to faint due to your proximity to Mika. :lmfao: It was really funny/sweet and it was nice to see so many people in the room adore Mika to remind me of when I felt the same way. It's fun to see him through your eyes.

So you needn't be envious, "reality" has its good points and its bad points.

Thanks for the compliments. I don't care what people say or think about me because I don't value the opinions of people like that, but it does make me angry that I am being portrayed as a bully by people who are insulting and harassing me (or anyone else) just because it is such a dishonest and infantile way of responding to an opinion you don't like.

The thing is I like down to earth Mika. I like the things about him that are not "perfect", I don't see them all as flaws. One of the reasons I've gone off him in the past couple of years is because all I see in interviews and on TV shows is this fake image of "perfection" that doesn't appeal to me at all. To me it is not a criticism or an insult to point out that his TV persona or the marketing spin he tells interviewers is not what he's really like when the cameras are switched off. My experience is the exact opposite of yours where all of this fake image and interests Mika seems to have now is what has made me come down from my cloud. I adored down to earth Mika.

I was so close, wasn't I? :naughty: For the first mika gig that was a little too much for me to handle for sure! :aah: So glad I didn't faint!

Well, to be honest, base on my experience, you are not a bully to me in the forum or in the chat, and in person you are super nice! But I do feel (no offense) sometimes you sounds a little superior and a little scary :aah: .  This is just my opinion.

And, fan is actually short for " fanaticism", which is a belief or behavior involving uncritical zeal or with an obsessive enthusiasm(I should not cite wiki, but you get my point), and that's exactly what I thought the meaning of being a fan. Maybe it's culture or personal difference, but please imagine my surprise when I see on a Mika Fan Club, some fans are actually critizing him, and how scary that will be to me. That is just so hard to understand in many levels.

Now you said you like the imperfection of him, I think I may understand a little bit.

Edited by yang

For as long as I can remember on this forum, there has been conflict between the fans who see Mika as perfect and do not want to hear anything negative about him VS the fans who understand that Mika is NOT perfect and feel free to criticize him. Each group seems to think the other is "wrong" in their opinions. Members of each group want to sway the members of the other group to their way of thinking and behaving.

It's not uncommon for one group to say, "You're bullying us!" to the other group. The "Mika is perfect" group wants the "Mika is NOT perfect" group to shut up, because they feel it is disrespectful, or because they feel there's a superior attitude. The "Mika is NOT perfect" group wants the "Mika is perfect" group to be realistic and stop acting like everything Mika says and does is interesting or worthy, or a "masterpiece."

Each group does a fair amount of intimidating the other group, basically trying to bully them into submission. Harsh words are exchanged, or equally bad, people are silenced or driven from the forum because they don't want to, or don't know how to, deal with confrontation. We've lost A LOT of members that way.

And that's a shame.. :sad:

The truth is that there is room for both groups on MFC, and the differences are what make us interesting! It would be so boring if all we said all day in every thread was, "Mika is beautiful, Mika is a genius, Mika is perfect in every way..." It would be just as bad if the constant commentary was, "Mika is so stupid, Mika is a no-talent, has-been, one-hit-wonder." It's reading both perspectives that keeps things interesting here, for me at least.

I don't know why I'm throwing myself into this and I'll probably hate myself later on, anyway, I think all of this is so unnecessary. This is a forum where to exchange opinions, can we all please bear that in mind and stop taking everything as a personal attack? I find it kind of sad that someone has to restrain themselves from commenting out of fear of offending others' sensitivity or that someone else really feels offended by other people's opinions. Just my two cents. Now I'll crawl back under my rock.

No need to crawl back under a rock. You're exactly right, and this is what I'm trying to say, too.

I think the way this conversation has evolved is great -- I hope Yang and Ingie really mean it when they say they have worked it all out. It's very valid for anyone to say, "look, you hurt my feelings when you said that." Any of us can relate to that and respect that. And I think that's way better than letting your bad feelings simmer inside until they bubble over and cause you to say nasty things in the heat of the moment, or worse, cause you to talk about a person behind their back and spread negativity about them.

Finally, I just want to say that I've met so many people here on the forum in real life, and with the very rare exception, they have all been lovely -- regardless of how they may have come across in their posts. I'm not saying that the MFC can ever be one big, happy, perfect family... even our own real families aren't like that! But I think in general we can all get along most of the time, and that's what keeps me coming back here day after day, year after year.

:group_hug:

• Like 13

For as long as I can remember on this forum, there has been conflict between the fans who see Mika as perfect and do not want to hear anything negative about him VS the fans who understand that Mika is NOT perfect and feel free to criticize him. Each group seems to think the other is "wrong" in their opinions. Members of each group want to sway the members of the other group to their way of thinking and behaving.

It's not uncommon for one group to say, "You're bullying us!" to the other group. The "Mika is perfect" group wants the "Mika is NOT perfect" group to shut up, because they feel it is disrespectful, or because they feel there's a superior attitude. The "Mika is NOT perfect" group wants the "Mika is perfect" group to be realistic and stop acting like everything Mika says and does is interesting or worthy, or a "masterpiece."

Each group does a fair amount of intimidating the other group, basically trying to bully them into submission. Harsh words are exchanged, or equally bad, people are silenced or driven from the forum because they don't want to, or don't know how to, deal with confrontation. We've lost A LOT of members that way.

The truth is that there is room for both groups on MFC, and the differences are what make us interesting! It would be so boring if all we said all day in every thread was, "Mika is beautiful, Mika is a genius, Mika is perfect in every way..." It would be just as bad if the constant commentary was, "Mika is so stupid, Mika is a no-talent, has-been, one-hit-wonder." It's reading both perspectives that keeps things interesting here, for me at least.

No need to crawl back under a rock. You're exactly right, and this is what I'm trying to say, too.

I think the way this conversation has evolved is great -- I hope Yang and Ingie really mean it when they say they have worked it all out. It's very valid for anyone to say, "look, you hurt my feelings when you said that." Any of us can relate to that and respect that. And I think that's way better than letting your bad feelings simmer inside until they bubble over and cause you to say nasty things in the heat of the moment, or worse, cause you to talk about a person behind their back and spread negativity about them.

Finally, I just want to say that I've met so many people here on the forum in real life, and with the very rare exception, they have all been lovely -- regardless of how they may have come across in their posts. I'm not saying that the MFC can ever be one big, happy, perfect family... even our own real families aren't like that! But I think in general we can all get along most of the time, and that's what keeps me coming back here day after day, year after year.

Thanks Deb, I can only speak for myself, but thank you from the bottom of my heart :hug:

I've always feel stuck in the middle: I don't see Mika as a perfection, but I don't see the need to critic things he does. Overall, MFC is a family with its ups and downs, quirrels but also plenty of wonderful moments that will stay in my heart forever.

Hence why I'm still here and not going away.

• Like 4

Well put Deb, I don't know any MFC'ers in person but the main thing is that we all love Mika regardless if he's perfect or not The important thing is that Mika connects people all over the world with his music and that is the basic thing, isn't it? So this was a constructive 'clearing the air' conversation  :yes: