Your 3 favourite songs on No Place In Heaven

suzie

Your 3 favourite songs on No Place in Heaven  

133 members have voted

1. 1. What are your 3 favourite songs on Mika's No Place in Heaven album?

• Talk About You
    • All She Wants
    • Last Party
    • Good Guys
    • Oh Girl, You're The Devil
    • No Place In Heaven
    • Staring At The Sun
    • Hurts
    • Good Wife
    • Rio
    • Ordinary Man
    • Promiseland
    • Porcelain
    • L'Amour Fait Ce Qu'il Veut
    • J'ai Pas Envie
    • Les Baisers Perdus
    • Boum Boum Boum

Anyhow, I added Boum Boum Boum and the two other French songs... not sure if that changes the poll for anyone.

thanks, it definitely changed my vote. Now it's Ordinary man (because of the low and warm voice and the melancholic sphere), Boum boum boum (for the rythm and spirit) and Les baisers perdus (for the beautiful melody in the beginning of the song).

Edited by Pascale

I can't even remember what I voted... Think it was No place in heaven (for its message), Promiseland (for the more rocky/edgy Mika) and Ordinary man (for its absolute beauty)

But I must say J'ai pas envie (seems like my theme songs these days) and Les Baisers perdus (what a beautiful poem) are getting pretty close to that top 3... Along with Porcelain and Last party... And all the others lol

how do I vote?

I'd like to vote for: No Place in Heaven - because it feels like a thought running through Mika's head, Hurts - because it haunts me and I don't know why (it's been on almost 24/7 since the album came out), and Porcelain - because his vocals make the song FEEL like porcelain and it's gotten under my skin somehow.

how do I vote?

I'd like to vote for: No Place in Heaven - because it feels like a thought running through Mika's head, Hurts - because it haunts me and I don't know why (it's been on almost 24/7 since the album came out), and Porcelain - because his vocals make the song FEEL like porcelain and it's gotten under my skin somehow.

There's a vote button under the poll - you just check the box next to the song titles you want to vote for.

And if you want to change your vote, just press the Delete My Vote button and you can vote again

I can't even remember what I voted... Think it was No place in heaven (for its message), Promiseland (for the more rocky/edgy Mika) and Ordinary man (for its absolute beauty)

But I must say J'ai pas envie (seems like my theme songs these days) and Les Baisers perdus (what a beautiful poem) are getting pretty close to that top 3... Along with Porcelain and Last party... And all the others lol

Doesn't the poll show a star against the songs you voted for? (no-one can see this except you)

Doesn't the poll show a star against the songs you voted for? (no-one can see this except you)

In the full site only, not on mobile which I use 99.9% of the time

And I recall correctly :D

Edited by cathouzouf

My top 3 are All She Wants, Staring At The Sun, J'ai Pas Envie. I've noticed when it comes to thissite I very often vote against the grain. When it comes to Mika I am a huge fan of his playful songs so J'ai Pas Envie had me from the go. Staring at the Sun I just find to be beautiful, and I like the meaning behind All She Wants and the imagery. 

This is probably not the right thread. But is there any difference between the deluxe version of npih and the normal version, except for the extra songs?

I think you get the complete lyrics in the deluxe version

Yes, they are all included in the booklet in the deluxe version , and there are no lyrics at all in the "normal" CD. Also the CD itself  is only two colors in the "normal" version and muticolored in the deluxe. 

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Yes, they are all included in the booklet in the deluxe version , and there are no lyrics at all in the "normal" CD. Also the CD itself  is only two colors in the "normal" version and muticolored in the deluxe.

Not what I wanted to hear because now I have to buy the much more expansive deluxe version :aah:

I've been on my own at home during the August holidays and I've been listening to the new album in my living room sound system (I'm only allowed to play my music there at full blast when there's nobody else at home). It’s awesome when played from beginning to end! Every song sounds great, with different layers of music and meaning, exactly what I like of Mika’s work.

I’m particularly fond of “Ordinary Man”, which hadn’t impressed me much at first; I love the construction, the layers and the lyrics, with a wonderful conclusion “if love was ordinary and I was ordinary, are you too?” Killer Mika, I love you!

I have the British deluxe version and I’m wondering how the order in which the songs are played influences the feeling that you get (different from the French version, for instance?).

I've been on my own at home during the August holidays and I've been listening to the new album in my living room sound system (I'm only allowed to play my music there at full blast when there's nobody else at home). It’s awesome when played from beginning to end! Every song sounds great, with different layers of music and meaning, exactly what I like of Mika’s work.

I’m particularly fond of “Ordinary Man”, which hadn’t impressed me much at first; I love the construction, the layers and the lyrics, with a wonderful conclusion “if love was ordinary and I was ordinary, are you too?” Killer Mika, I love you!

I have the British deluxe version and I’m wondering how the order in which the songs are played influences the feeling that you get (different from the French version, for instance?).

Omg I have to agree on that !!! For me as well, I hadn't grown fond of ordinary man at first and believe it or not, it wasn't a favourite at all. But having replayed the album another day, I was intrigued by the lyrics and deep meaning of the song. Yes I like his work too for the reason that the music is lyrically so powerful and the layers of music combine to make the perfect song. He's a master of the art. 

You have raised a good point actually about the order of the songs. Mine is the british deluxe version too. I think Mika did an "on point" job with assembling the order of the tracks because it felt as if I had been on a journey when I listened to the album - another reason I love Mika because no other artists can move me so much by the sheer strength of their lyrics and music and voice. 

I had to change my vote, because now I'm finally sure about the third favourite song, and when I voted for the 1 time, I still hadn't heard to the french deluxe album. Now I have no doubts that the first place belongs to LP, second to Promiseland, and then - Les Baisers Perdus.