Photos from Mika's Backstage

https://instagram.com/p/8tL2bOTiAd/

BANG @MaisonValentino

12132684_474215396092075_321320507_n.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/8tL3rLTiAf/

Backstage Toulouse insanely amazing suit made for the tour by @MaisonValentino

21910464179_58d467d6ca_o.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/8tMzzYziC9/

Hours hours hours of work ???? (don't ruin it in one show MIKA!)

21474537754_1a766d7871_b.jpg

post-18723-0-25453100-1444596105_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-63822900-1444596117_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-51688700-1444596243_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Instagram

Photos from Mika's Backstage

https://instagram.com/p/8tL2bOTiAd/

BANG @MaisonValentino

12132684_474215396092075_321320507_n.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/8tL3rLTiAf/

Backstage Toulouse insanely amazing suit made for the tour by @MaisonValentino

21910464179_58d467d6ca_o.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/8tMzzYziC9/

Hours hours hours of work (don't ruin it in one show MIKA!)

21474537754_1a766d7871_b.jpg

:) Thanks for sharing Eriko! :hug: A beautiful firework suit - perfect for MIKA ... :wub: 

Love, love

me

:(

I like this version too, it reminds me of Years & Years sound, especially the beginning. I think that this version of Hurts or Beautiful disaster (Mika's version, even if I haven't heard it yet :teehee: ) could do very well if well promoted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se1xJ9Tc3aA

Edited by Menthe
  • Like 1

I like this version too, it reminds me of Years & Years sound, especially the beginning. I think that this version of Hurts or Beautiful disaster (Mika's version, even if I haven't heard it yet :teehee: ) could do very well if well promoted.

But I prefer the acoustic version, Mika at the piano.

• Like 3

Il like the 1st version also; especially at 2.45 when he sings "hurts" with a really beatiful vibrato and I have dreamed hearing that moment live. I hope he will sing it also at the piano one day.

• Like 2

Il like the 1st version also; especially at 2.45 when he sings "hurts" with a really beatiful vibrato and I have dreamed hearing that moment live. I hope he will sing it also at the piano one day.

:fangurl:

Edited by Mikasister

I like both versions, now I can't wait to hear the audio of electric pop version and the live of the acoustic version :)

I was never to0 found of hurt on the album, but THIS  :swoon:  :cheer:

Thorium Magazine

http://www.thoriumphoto.com/mika-le-phare-toulouse/

Mika @ Le Phare (Toulouse)

11 Octobre 2015 – Ce dimanche, soir de match de l’équipe de France en coupe du monde de rugby et une semaine pile après le concert sold-out du chanteur au Bikini, on aurait pu croire qu’il n’y aurait pas grand monde venu se déplacer au Phare de Tournefeuille mais que nenni ! Le concert était complet depuis déjà quelques jours et la file d’attente sortait même du parking de la salle pour finir le long de la départementale.

Comme d’habitude au Phare, nous avons été gâtés sur la première partie puisque ce sont les londoniens du groupe Citizens! et leur pop anglaise qui nous ont accueilli. Je me souviens encore de leur passage remarqué lors de l’édition 2012 du Garorock où le chanteur charismatique Tom Burke affichait son amour pour David Guetta en arborant un T-Shirt marqué d’un “Death to Guetta“. Ce soir, ils n’ont eu qu’une demi heure pour s’exprimer mais ça leur a suffit pour chauffer la salle comme il se doit. Ils ont principalement joué des morceaux de leur dernier album European Soul, la batterie était d’ailleurs aux couleurs de ce dernier, mais n’ont pas négligé le premier opus en interprétant les titres True Romance et Reptile. Tom Burke a su user de son little british accent pour séduire le premier rang. On regrettera l’absence du claviériste mais c’était tout de même une mise en bouche bien remarquée !

Au premier rang, un groupe de fans a accroché une banderole avec des petits mots. Dans la foule certains ont même amené des lettres lumineuses affichant “Mika“. Et c’est très peu de temps après que l’artiste fait son apparition en ombre chinoise derrière une grande porte en fer forgé surplombée de l’inscription “Heaven” faisant référence à son dernier album No Place In Heaven. Il se félicite d’ailleurs de sa ponctualité tellement rare. Il commence doucement le set avec No Place In Heaven puis introduit habilement Big Girl. La soirée est lancée. C’est incroyable comme ce chanteur respire la bonne humeur et la transmet. Il joue avec ses musiciens, plaisante avec le public et se démène sur scène. Déjà à la moitié de la soirée sur l’interprétation du célèbre Relax, en transe, sa chemise blanche est devenue transparente. Il est venu pour jouer son dernier album mais tous ses plus gros morceaux y passent, tels que Grace Kelly, Elle Me Dit, Love Today

Ce soir le public est assez varié, on peut aussi bien croiser des ados que des trentenaires ou même des parents ou grand parents venus accompagner leurs enfants. Mika arrive à toucher toutes les générations. Que l’on aime ou  pas, une chose est sûre c’est que cet artiste donne énormément sur scène. Vous l’aurez deviné, la soirée s’est plutôt bien passée, reste le bémol de la salle qui n’est pas vraiment adaptée pour les personnes de petite taille comme moi, surtout lorsque c’est archi-blindé comme ce soir là.

22105485702_f50218680c_b.jpg

post-18723-0-47949000-1444686573_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-53267500-1444686576_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-61300700-1444686578_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-02022500-1444686719_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-08094600-1444691459_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-04507100-1444691568_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-13514800-1444691731_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-45011200-1444693026_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-63695600-1444693072_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-97660500-1444693106_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-89822600-1444693138_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-39690400-1444693155_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-68261500-1444693217_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-89928500-1444693239_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-46992900-1444693284_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-96426700-1444693332_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-45603900-1444693370_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-95353900-1444693452_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-44597500-1444693504_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-63094100-1444693553_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-10535900-1444693587_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-43323800-1444693624_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-63187700-1444693674_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 6

Well, he did say a while ago that he was going to be doing this sort of version of the song.  :dunno:

To be honest, I'm not that keen on the album version. This is marginally better, but it sounds like he's still kept the background vocals, which, I'm sorry, sound like the Carpenters from the 1970s, something really cheesy and dated to me. Maybe that was the sound he was going for, but I'm not a fan. :no:

Hi!

Not really a report, but a few words to let our ticket fairy know that thanks to her I could be in Toulouse last sunday and enjoy the show with some nice others fans! :) It was the 4th time I could see Mika on stage and it was great, one more time! :wub:This time though I could'nt manage to get front row, so I was a bit bewildered at first, surrounded by people I did'nt know at all, far from being hardcore fans and afraid that I would have to restrain myself from singing along as I wanted to do so! 

But things were quickly going better when I could join some nice people (hi Nelly :wink2: ) and share this moment with them! It was a lot of fun, and even if I was far behind, on the left side of the stage, I could see what happened on stage and had a good view on Mika!This show was the last one I could attend to on the Heaven Tour, so I feel a little sad for that, but that's made it even more precious for me! And I really 'enjoyed the party as it was my last' :wink2:

The new set could'nt fit on the stage 'au Phare', just like it did'nt fit either in the other Toulouse venue 'The Bikini', so I couldnt get to see all that art of work which was made for this tour! But Mika was here on stage and that's all that matters! 

I know that he was wearing a sparkling fireworks Valentino suit but I did'nt even get to notice it :doh: (only remembering his white pant and his white wet shirt) :naughty:

A liitle bit disappointed that I did'nt get to hear 'Promiseland' live, but happy we were the first to be able to hear this new version of 'Hurts' !! :wub:

At some point in the gig, he could see that we were a lot of people, crowded in front of him, so he pointed at some young fans standing in the first rows and made them come on stage to let the rest of us gain some space to move easily! :yes: It was very kind of him, and this way he made some people even more in Heaven! :)

After the show, Mika came out to say hi to people waiting for him, signed some autographs and quickly drove out. It was good to see that Claire could finally be successful with what was due with Mika :thumb_yello: , and I was happy to know an other nice fan named Claire (part british/part french) - a good mix! :thumb_yello:

Thank you again Deb, I had a really good time there! :thumb_yello:

PS: Oh and I forgot to say that for the first time in his career ( those are Mika's words) he wasn't late on stage and started the show 10 mns earlier!!! It was 50 mns  past 7 pm instead of 8 pm!! :yes: But what happened to him?

Edited by valerie-emma
  • Like 6

First time in his career? Liar! :lmfao: in zurich the show also started a few minutes earlier. :teehee:

Thanks for the report and videos! Guess i'll have to get used to this new version of hurts... the song on the album isn't my fave, but i don't skip it either, like SATS... i like the melancholy in the music, which fits well to the lyrics - and that's missing for me in this new version. Will wait for the album version to decide what i think of the faster version, but it's rather likely that it'll be another song for me to skip. :mf_rosetinted:

Thank you Valérie for sharing your impressions. I was happy to see you again and spend some time with you before and after the show! 

Here is my experience. I arrived at 3 PM and got the number 75. After me, they stopped counting! The weather was very nice, and waiting outside was delicious in such conditions. After Mika’s words last week, I had decided to take the “TOULOUSE love MIKA” banner of course, but also to make a new one saying “2 fois PLUS!” (meaning “2 times more” as it was the second time he was in Toulouse after only one week), in beautiful golden paper. (Unfortunately I have no pic of it. :( ) I managed again to get many signatures on it. It was for me a good opportunity to talk to people and share our interest for Mika. At that time, everybody was sitting on the floor in small groups. A very relaxed atmosphere! But before 5 PM, the security guys arrived and decided to put the barriers leading to the 3 entrances. Then suddenly it was a big mess! Too many people were there and the numbers could not be taken into account. I managed to have a pretty good place in the queue, but I could hear a lot complaning about the bad organisation. They opened the doors around 6 PM, and then I was so lucky to reach the 2nd row in the middle! Well, I gave my very good place to someone behind me that was smaller than me, but I was still very happy. I had another reason to be happy: my 11 year old son came at the last minute with a friend and could reach me (not easily, but anyway) and enjoy the show next to me from this great spot! We had also brought illuminated letters that we showed during some songs (see picture below). That was for us a nice way of taking part to the show! You have probably seen or read about the highlights of the gig: Hurts for the 1st time, Lollipop that was beaten with drumsticks by all musicians around the piano and the famous moment when Mika invited some fans to get on stage with him. (The girl who took my 2nd row place was one of them, so I may have been at her place?!  :shocked: ) As a summary, I liked this show very much, but I prefered the place, sound and audience of the Bikini last week. This time, I found that the people were less respectful towards each other and also towards Mika (shouting during the now traditionnal a capella part of Happy Ending, which was really a shame :wags_finger: ).

BTW the banners! We had to hang them on the barrier at the front. It is a bit sad that only Mika and the people on stage could see them, but there was this time no other choice. As I said last time, I had a kind of "appointment" with Mika to bring him the banner, but it was not an easy task for me! :doh: There were many people waiting for him outside! He left shortly after the end of the gig, so that a lot of people (and kids) were still there. He was kind enough to walk to us to sign some autographs, but I must say that he was very brief! I had put the banners in a nice bag that I tried many times to hold him out. Finally he took it... What a relief! :kachinga:

Again this time, I met a lot of nice people. Thank you for making that night even more beautiful! It was also for me the last gig of this Heaven Tour... Something to remember!  

Here are some of my pics (except the one with the luminous MIKA letters, which is not from me). They were taken with the worst camera I have, but I was so close to the stage that it happened that some are not so bad... Here you go!  :bye:

post-23512-0-35270900-1444772931_thumb.png

post-23512-0-56822800-1444772968_thumb.jpg

post-23512-0-37356900-1444773009_thumb.jpg

post-23512-0-02451600-1444773051_thumb.jpg

post-23512-0-84387000-1444773084_thumb.jpg

post-23512-0-58950100-1444773117_thumb.jpg

post-23512-0-09480700-1444773150_thumb.jpg

post-23512-0-20500600-1444773185_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Claire! It was good meeting you too! :)

I too wish we could have been able to see the 2 banners hung, but hoping maybe we'll get the chance to see it at some point if some of the fans on stage took some pictures from their place and share those on twitter or maybe here? :)

The show at the Bikini was my favorite too because the venue was more intimate, the sound was better and I was front row! :naughty:

Thanks for your pictures! :thumb_yello:

Thank you Claire for the report and the pics... and a very special thank you for the ones with me on it, what a wonderful souvenir for me  :wub:

So here is my report, with probably 20155456848 english mistakes inside, sorry  :doh:  (and also sorry for the lenght, one day I'll learn to keep it short)

Well, what a weird day it was. A day in the extremes: all along things were going either fantastically well or turning into an utter disaster. I'll let the disasters outside, especially as they don't really have to do with the gig, and go for the rest.

Beginning with the "how to go to the place" part, as is was so lost in the middle of nowhere, and the roads were so small I actually wonder how the stage trucks managed to get there. That's a luck we had a GPS or we would have ended up spending the day at the mcDonald's (not the one which burned, the other one. I should send a note to Mika asking him to check on the availability of the mcDonalds around a venue before booking it by the way)

A nice day under a beautiful weather and a couple of uninteresting disasters later we're finally inside the Phare. And we're actually in quite a dark mood (because of the said disasters) and the ugliness of the place is not helping. It is utterly awfull and so badly arranged. And best of all the sound is a disaster, as we discover with Citizens, and it doesn't miraculously get better with Mika. But, well, we don't have any choice so let's do what we can with what we have.

And what we have is him. And here he is, all happy and enthusiastic in his new suit with his pants too big and that ugly sewing on the bottom (doesn't sound like it but I had a wonderful evening I swear :stifle: ).

So, the guy is here, the guy is gorgeous, the guy is happy, but mostly the guy is extremely proud of being, "for the first time in my career", not simply on time but IN ADVANCE. Yeah, he couldn't really get over it. We couldn't either in truth  :P .

He jumps into his show and doesn't last 2 minutes before ending on top of the piano, as things should be.

toulou10.jpg

He interacts a lot with Tristan who laughs and smiles and dances and seems to have a lot of fun, and it's really nice to see him enjoying himself that much when you remember how shy he was at the beginning of the tour ( and anyway he became my new best mate by being the only one to take care of my toes later).

And then comes Grace Kelly where he talks about the state of mind leading to writing this song "another door has slammed in my face as usual, and it almost took my nose off. So I was really pissed off. I went home, sat in front of the piano and said to it "this is all your fault! " and vlam here he goes in a boosted version of grace Kelly and I love it. As Max doesn't play on time he tries reaaaaally hard to kill him with the power of his eyes only, and I think he almost successes xd.

Songs go by, we have so much fun, I completely loose myself on Relax and sweat at least 300 liters of water (at this point Mika was at around 400 liters lost so I am still lagging behind him xd).

So to be short, all the disasters are forgotten and the night is going quite well. Until this moment when things took quite an unexpected turn for a dozen of us. But before that I'll post my last picture before unexpected turning, as I didn't really think of taking my camera with me for the rest :aah: .

toulou11.jpg

And so we are having fun in our giant circus and all... But it's true we are very packed up and it's so hot in here. Quite right. And he notices that too of course. So he just thinks- what an idea! - that if he puts some of us on the stage then there's gonna be more room for the others. There's a logic in that, see B) .

Here I am gonna a make a little digression and confess 2 things. First is I have a stupid habit when I come into a new venue: I check the stage high and its distance from the first row. If it's very high and far I just think ok we're safe today. Second thing is, when a couple of weeks ago I was next to 2 girls who were both invited on stage and saw the first one say no because it was too scary and the 2d one jumping on stage without hesitation, I wondered in which camp I would be if it ever happened to me. Fact is I didn't doubt I would go but was wondering about my level of terror, as I am already not really at ease in front of 4 people so nevermind a couple of thousand.

In the end I learned that a) the fact that the stage is high and far is NOT a protection and b ) when Mika comes for me with a huge grin, point his finger at me and shout "YOU!" like a madman, I completely forget to be scared (or simply to think) and jump on stage like a monkey (well, with some help from the security guy because did I mention it was f**king high? Xd)

I then live my little moment of loneliness (you know one of those which last for 1 second but feel like an hour) because my friend who had been chosen too was struggling to come up and Mika had abandoned me to go and pick up the neon gang so I am standing all alone in the middle of the stage until he comes back to me to tell me where he wants me to lay down. Because that's what he wanted really, that we could lay down and enjoy the gig comfortably and "give more space" to those still down :aah: .

Thing is, from the stage you can't hear a word of what he is saying. Obviously the sound is made to go forwards, not backwards, so of course you recognise the songs but you can't make any sense at all during the speaking parts. So when he told us "make yourself comfortable because now you're here to stay", well we didn't hear. So we didn't know. And we're now expecting to be asked to go down at the end of every song. But it doesn't happen and we end up very surprised to be still up there an hour later (in my socks. Because under the influence of someone I have taken the habit of putting off my shoes during gigs and I actually love the fact that I spent an hour on stage in my socks :lmfao: ) .

Now, I know quite a bunch of you here knows how it is to be on stage, but it was the first time for me and how to describe it now? Well for a start and unexpectedly for me, I wasn't scared at all of being seen by so many people, not even for a second. I didn't really realised it in fact. I was probably helped by the fact that we were a dozen and we knew each other, and also the kindness of the band who really seemed to enjoy having this unexpected compagny and Mika's smiles popping in our directions were helping, but still, I was amazed to feel so much at ease up there (probably because I was in my socks, you always feel at ease in your socks :aah: ).

Also, you know what? We Can See You. Really Well. We see the faces even of those who are quite far away. We can see you dancing and having the fun of a lifetime and it is just AWESOME this massive dose of energy coming in our faces. Also you all look like you're very much on drugs sometimes, and I allow myself to say so as I am aware of looking the same when I am down :P .

And I have to say I understand why he keeps going with his Underwater lightning thing, because oh God, this is so, so beautiful. He said it himself, "those on stage tonight will see how beautiful it is" and quite right he was, I swear it could make one cry. My friend and I didn't have any lights as my phone didn't do the jump on stage with me and Mika took her phone for the song, but we shared those of the technicians who took advantage of our presence on stage to come and sit with us. Really, this Underwater seen from the stage will be one of the most amazing moments of my life...

Another amazing moment, seeing his whole body shaking while he is singing Happy Ending a capella.... oh God  :tears:  (a shame some people in the audience were unable to shut their mouth up tho :/) 

On the other hand there's another moment that I will cherish because of how ridiculous it was, as I was saying don't-even-remember-what to my friend, I turned my head and Mika was standing there watching me with a huge grin which was saying "hah, you were talking, caught in the act! " and me answering with a big innocent smile like "I swear I didn't do anything, professor!". It was short and stupid but also very funny on the moment  :lmfao:

There's also this surrealistic episode when he litterally jumped from the stage to go and talk to a friend of mine who was still in the parterre, and from our spot we couldn't understand what he wanted from her and he really went on her like a madman (she thought he was gonna scold her, poor thing). Turns out he just wanted  to tell her how much she looks like her mother when she was her age, isn't it the sweetest thing  :wub2: 

Anyway, up there we are for about an hour, and then comes the first goodbye before the encore. The gang leaves the stage and we stay here like 10 lost souls wondering what we are supposed to do... I think everybody has forgotten us Xd.

So... we stay here. Mika comes back, look at us and "Oh you're still here all of you!!". He goes for Love Today and that's enough we can't stand it anymore we have to get up!! We couldn't really before as we would have been standing between him and his musicians (to small a stage) but f*ck, it's the last one!!

And it feels so, sooo good. Have I ever felt that good? The tech guys join us again, Max and Tristan are jumping in front of me and I am trying to save my toes, end up on some sort of cables and it is ####ing hurtful when you're not wearing any shoes, but I don't care at all and keep dancing like a madwoman. With Mika next to me dancing like a madman. In front of 3000 people who look like they have all taken a massive dose of acid, and I probably look the same, and I don't care. I am jumping with him, higher and higher, and it feels so right and I so don't care of being seen or even filmed... and such a level of letting go, I thought it was quite impossible for me, really. And to have lived it gives me so much strengh now, I have to say. Every time I'll have to face an obstacle a bit too scary for me, I'll be able to go and draw in this moment. The instant in itself was awesome, but it's for what it has left in me afterwards that I'll be forever thankful to Mika.

That night, he sang Love Today, and I danced. And now everything is different.

(and also I ended up with the dirtiest socks I've ever had in my life)

• Like 12