Hey i'm new and have a little mika related story to tell ;)

faky

Hello ~

I'd say that i'm a moderate fan of Mika, i ADORE his work since my childhood, but seems like not a lot of people enjoy him where i am ?

but i heard about this place, and wanted to tell a little story related Mika and inspiration i got from him, i had the need to get it out of my chest,

i'm not sure if that's the right section, correct me if i'm wrong :' D

My name is Lucie,  also known as "star-faky" on internet, I'm a 18 years old (almost 19) artist and animation student in France.

in my spare time, i work a lot of personal project, including a project of cartoon named "Heartland", about a group of character trying to escape purgatory

I grew up listening to Mika's songs, specially lollipop & relax (at 7) underwater, overrated & elle me dit (at 12) and many more today 

Few months ago, while working on Heartland and listening to songs in the background, i found out that Grace kelly had a french version

and found it REALLY fitting to one of the character from my project, specially his voice 

The character is called "Julian"  you can see him HERE

when i realized that Mika's voice was really fitting for Julian, it made me SO happy, finding a fitting voice for a character is hard for me 

i started listening to many other songs, even discovered ones that i never heard before, it was just making me SO happy 

Julian is not only a character from one of my project, he is also a character that i draw for comfort when feel sad

and it always makes me feel better when i listen to Mika's song cause it feel like Julian is alive for few minutes 

i started taking a lot of inspiration from him and his songs for Julian's personality and fate 

Mika is Bright, fancy looking, always smiling, it was just too perfect to not fit julian

many songs like: good guys, last party, promise land, no place in heaven, staring at the sun, AND MORE fits him and the story he is in 

EXCEPT one thing, Julian is not 100% based on Mika obviously, i could describe him in few words it would be : Mika but as a villain

and i personally found this idea really fun to work with  eh eh 

i could ramble for hours how much i found inspiration and motivation for this character and Heartland in general

but i'm trying to keep this story short ~

I mainly came here to share this story and see what other people that love mika thinks about it ,

is anyone else here an artist that took inspiration from him ? 

i'd love to see ^^ 

One wish i have now, would be to meet Mika, and tell him this story in person, and share with him all the ideas i got based on him and his work

i don't know how? but it's surely not impossible, and who knows? :' D might happen~

I've also never been to any concert, so i guess i'm at a good place to get infos in case one is happening in france~ eh eh 

PS also i drew a little something for Mika last month, thought it would be appreciated here as well ^^  HERE (please if you want to share it , retweet it or link it, don't re-post it ;; thank you<3)

thank you for you time and have a nice day<3

- lucie/ faky

• Like 7

Hi and welcome to the MFC :bye:

It was a long introduction, but very interesting.  :naughty:

A lot of fans get inspired by Mika to create things, and sometimes they are lucky enough to be able to show him

We also have an artwork thread

Wow, that's an amazing story! Thank you for sharing with us :wub2:  your artwork look amazing! I really hope you'll manage to tell Mika how inspiring he is for your art :hug: Welcome to the MFC btw, hope to keep seeing you around :bye: 

Edited by sara09

Hello Lucie and welcome to the MFC. Hope you have a lot of fun and that you can share your artwork with all of us.Enjoy your stay here, Mika, his music and make good friends.

:welcomeani:

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 1

Hi Lucie! :bye:

I'm Gabriella and I live in Italy, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC! :welcomeani:

I hope to see you in the next Mika's concerts or events, the BOSS on the stage is wonderful! :cheer:

Have fun here! :mika1:

Thank you everyone for your nice welcoming messages :' D sorry for my slow reply, i'm stressed and anxious when i'm new ~ but i'll find a way to be more talkative somehow 

i'll try to make sure to go to the next french concert (or any european actually ??? trip arn't much of a problem) ! 

i'm sure there will be a moment where i can meet him and be able to talk about this story ^^

just need some time ~

thank you ^^

• Like 1

Update ! 

I was at the Peugeot stand today and saw him!

Was a little late tho so he had to go ;; 

A couple behind me helped me get to him before he left and he let me take a pic with him 

IMG_20181011_193253.thumb.jpg.207e588b5080a2baa76f5d067eb021a2.jpg

A little sad I couldn't tell him about julian but this gives me a lot of hope that I'll suremy find another occasion to see him again and tell him 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, faky said:

Update ! 

A couple behind me helped me get to him before he left and he let me take a pic with him 

A little sad I couldn't tell him about julian but this gives me a lot of hope that I'll suremy find another occasion to see him again and tell him 

I am happy YOU MADE IT!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, faky said:

Update ! 

Lucie, congrats!! I'm sure you'll soon have the chance to let him know about Julian, I'm rooting for you :hug: 

• Like 1

thank you<3 

this gave me so much hope for the future ! i did it once and I can surely do it again ! 

i hope one day soon !!

now Stardust makes SO MUCH more sense to me ❤️

i wanted to specify that there was a couple waiting in the line with me, when mika had to leave, they pushed me toward him and asked him to give me a little time,

wasn't enough to tell him about julian but they were so kind and  sacrificed  their place to help me ;.. i don't know if they are in this forum but if they are ! 

thank you so much to you two ! 

• Like 4

I was about to tell you that I think it's difficult to see him but gosh, that was fast :lmfao: (or maybe I'm just late :fisch:)

Anyway, maybe you'd better write him a letter if you want to explain all your work in the best way, as when in public I'm afraid it would be difficult to have a quiet moment for that. I mean, personally I'd be unable to speak and explain my concept properly and I'd be really mad at me after having screwed it up :doh: (you can find his fan mail address somewhere in the forum 📧)

Welcome here and enjoy Mika's world, I like it when artists inspire others :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

no  no YOU're RIGHT i was super lucky ! welp i study in paris so i was kinda near :' D saw the opportunity and took it !

i'm super proud of what i did today !  to be honest i was considering giving up this morning 

I can ??? i guess yeah ... it's just not the same thing saying something to someone by message and saying it to them directly ! ;; but considering i had a lot of luck today and the future in uncertain, that's probably a good idea ;; 

OOh good good ! thank you for the suggestion ! might do that ;;; 

thank you<3 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, faky said:

saw the opportunity and took it !

Well done :thumb_yello:

I can ??? i guess yeah ... it's just not the same thing saying something to someone by message and saying it to them directly ! ;; but considering i had a lot of luck today and the future in uncertain, that's probably a good idea ;; 

OOh good good ! thank you for the suggestion ! might do that ;;; 

thank you<3 

Yeah, I see what you mean, it's not the same, you can't see how he reacts or know his opinion on that but this way you'll be sure he will read it at some point :naughty:

Here you can find the address 

Edited by Siri

2 minutes ago, Siri said:

Well done :thumb_yello:

Yeah, I see what you mean, it's not the same, you can't see how he reacts or know his opinion on that but this way you'll be sure he will read it at some point :naughty:

Here you can find the address 

yeah that's the main reason, ;;; i also really wanna hug him ... i couldn't today ;;  

my main goal is to tell him about julian, and share with him few things i did with julain, how far the inspirations took me

(like ... i made a statue , commissioned a plush, made merch (buttons/ charms /t-shirt)  of julian ...) i can show it here if you wanna ?? 

aaah GOOD thank you so much , will definitly keep that in mind~ thank you again ^^

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, faky said:

i also really wanna hug him ... i couldn't today ;;  

I think anyone want to :teehee:

my main goal is to tell him about julian, and share with him few things i did with julain, how far the inspirations took me

(like ... i made a statue , commissioned a plush, made merch (buttons/ charms /t-shirt)  of julian ...) i can show it here if you wanna ?? 

I think you can if you want to, it's your own thread and part of your introduction afterall :thumb_yello:

aaah GOOD thank you so much , will definitly keep that in mind~ thank you again ^^

Now you know where to find it if you ever decide to write smth :nerd: you're very welcome :wink2:

1 minute ago, Siri said:

I think anyone want to :teehee:

I think you can if you want to, it's your own thread and part of your introduction afterall :thumb_yello:

Now you know where to find it if you ever decide to write smth :nerd: you're very welcome :wink2:

EH EH (gosh i just realized how tall he is compared to me .. i'm a midget lol)

HERE all the crazy stuff i have of the character mika inspired ! (these dont include art i made or commissioned , i have like ... over 60 of them)

the plush is the only one i didn't made myself :' D it was made by this person :  https://www.deviantart.com/mega-arts

342580380_2018-10-1122_25_06-JulianAbatoonToyhouse.thumb.png.505a069550ae25c56ef9b4972b695a6b.png794489267_2018-10-1122_24_38-DmMM6VEX0AAzZ41.jpg_large(11731583).thumb.png.b930ac530742a161dc351d7d35f077b5.png636051686_2018-10-1122_24_10-_.thumb.png.cea07be9494c2b516f6fc502f3a633c3.png1352269561_2018-10-1122_24_10-_YellowHeart_WomensT-ShirtbyFakyS_Redbubble.thumb.png.41ec31e221a3fd99623485d5fdf675c6.png92449008_2018-10-1122_20_37-@starfakyPhotosetvidosInstagram.thumb.png.1b9369e0d9e86ce7724a15504f65a46b.png

• Like 1