Hello!

Lucyndaria

Hi! I'm Juniper, I'm 24 and from Germany and I've been a Mika fan for 5 months or so πŸ˜„ I knew some of his music before – because you couldn't really be a teenager around 2007 without at least knowing Lollipop – but my taste in music was very different back then and I only "rediscovered" Mika's music this summer, and I'm glad I did because I've been listening to hardly anything else since.Β  And I'm very glad to find my newest music obsession has an active fan community– I tend to have really intense feelings about music and it sucks to have no one to share them with!

Β 

Also, I just want to say that I was very happy to be able to select nonbinary as my gender when signing up. πŸ’š

• Like 7

Hi and welcome to the MFC :bye:

Β 

Good to have a new fan from Germany :thumb_yello:Β  Hope you get to discover more of Mika's music when the new album comes out next year.

Β 

Any favourite songs so far?

• Like 1

Thank you for the warm welcome! 😊

Β 

I have lots of favourite songs already, but the first place has to go to Underwater, considering that last week I spent several hours writing sheet music for a piano cover.Β  That's not something I've done before, for any song. πŸ˜ƒ Second place goes to I See You and basically the whole Sinfonia Pop recordings. (Almost) everything can be improved by adding an orchestra πŸ˜„

Favourite album is No Place In Heaven– so many lovely songs, and all the queer themes really speak to me. ☺️ That's also the reason I rediscovered him– I saw a post on tumblr talking about Last Party, Good Wife and the other queer-themed songs, so I decided to give his music another try. And then youtube recommended me the Sinfonia Pop version of Underwater and I instantly fell in love. So I bought the Sinfonia Pop CD and spent the next couple of months listening to almost nothing else all day long. About two weeks ago I decided to try if maybe his other music is also "okay"Β  (because while I don't mind listening to the same 21 songs over and over again, a bit more variety is still welcome) and found that yes, it is. More than just okay, even. πŸ˜‹ So now here I am. πŸ˜„

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Lucyndaria said:

Thank you for the warm welcome! 😊

Β 

I have lots of favourite songs already, but the first place has to go to Underwater, considering that last week I spent several hours writing sheet music for a piano cover.Β  That's not something I've done before, for any song. πŸ˜ƒ Second place goes to I See You and basically the whole Sinfonia Pop recordings. (Almost) everything can be improved by adding an orchestra πŸ˜„

Favourite album is No Place In Heaven– so many lovely songs, and all the queer themes really speak to me. ☺️ That's also the reason I rediscovered him– I saw a post on tumblr talking about Last Party, Good Wife and the other queer-themed songs, so I decided to give his music another try. And then youtube recommended me the Sinfonia Pop version of Underwater and I instantly fell in love. So I bought the Sinfonia Pop CD and spent the next couple of months listening to almost nothing else all day long. About two weeks ago I decided to try if maybe his other music is also "okay"Β  (because while I don't mind listening to the same 21 songs over and over again, a bit more variety is still welcome) and found that yes, it is. More than just okay, even. πŸ˜‹ So now here I am. πŸ˜„

Good luck to you       🀞🏻      

Hello Juniper,

welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here. IΒ΄m always happy to see another fan from Germany here ( there are still a few more from Germany ). If you need help donΒ΄t hesitate to ask me. IΒ΄m Sabine from Unterfranken, near WΓΌrzburg.

2 hours ago, Sabine64 said:

Hello Juniper,

welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here. IΒ΄m always happy to see another fan from Germany here ( there are still a few more from Germany ). If you need help donΒ΄t hesitate to ask me. IΒ΄m Sabine from Unterfranken, near WΓΌrzburg.

Another Bavarian! I'm originally from Niederbayern but currently living in Mittelfranken. πŸ˜„

4 minutes ago, Lucyndaria said:

Another Bavarian! I'm originally from Niederbayern but currently living in Mittelfranken. πŸ˜„

Great to know. We also have a German speaking thread here but itΒ΄s not very active. Are you interested watching some complete concerts of Mika? His live shows are so fantastic but we have to travel in other countries to attend concerts.

Edited by Sabine64

Hi Juniper! Welcome to the MFC! I am from Australia and my name's Emma. I have to agree, the queer themes in his songs speak to me as well and have helped me through some tough time. Mika and his songs are so accepting and I've found everyone here to be accepting to. I listen to his songs all the time much to the dismay of my friends, which is why I joined here cause I certainly couldn't talk about Mika to them. I hope you have fun here and make heaps of new friends, I am sure you will.Β 

Hi, Juniper!Β :bye:Β Welcome to MFC, enjoy the placeΒ :welcomeani:

Β 

20 hours ago, Lucyndaria said:

So I bought the Sinfonia Pop CD

Β 

You should buy the DVD of his symphonic concert in Como, it's a different experience to watch the way he is performing every song on stage instead of just listening to it, believe meΒ :wink2:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sabine64 said:

Great to know. We also have a German speaking thread here but itΒ΄s not very active. Are you interested watching some complete concerts of Mika? His live shows are so fantastic but we have to travel in other countries to attend concerts.

I'd love to watch some concerts! I've already found a bunch of recordings on youtube, but I'm sure there are more. πŸ˜„ I wish I could actually go to concerts, but even with concerts near me I can't go to many because I can't stand for long amounts of time. I'm fine if I can sit down on the floor occasionally without getting crushed by other people, but even that sadly isn't possible in all venues. 😞

Β 

21 hours ago, sara09 said:

Hello Juniper, welcome to the MFC! I'm Sara, nice to meet youΒ :bye:Β 

No Place In Heaven is my favorite album, too! What's your favorite songΒ inside ofΒ Sinfonia Pop?

There are too many beautiful songs! But besides Underwater I especially love Origin of Love, Last Party and Make You Happy.

Β 

20 hours ago, Emma Anderson said:

Hi Juniper! Welcome to the MFC! I am from Australia and my name's Emma. I have to agree, the queer themes in his songs speak to me as well and have helped me through some tough time. Mika and his songs are so accepting and I've found everyone here to be accepting to. I listen to his songs all the time much to the dismay of my friends, which is why I joined here cause I certainly couldn't talk about Mika to them. I hope you have fun here and make heaps of new friends, I am sure you will.Β 

I've been lucky enough that my family and friends have always been fairly supportive, but there are still some anxieties and struggles that come with being queer that still don't go away that easily even with a supportive environment, and having music that deals with that helps a lot. 😊 (Wish I'd had Good Wife 7 years ago when I was hopelessly in love with my straight best friend, haha).

Β 

3 hours ago, krysady said:

Hi, Juniper!Β :bye:Β Welcome to MFC, enjoy the placeΒ :welcomeani:

Β 

Β 

You should buy the DVD of his symphonic concert in Como, it's a different experience to watch the way he is performing every song on stage instead of just listening to it, believe meΒ :wink2:

Β 

I actually have the DVD as well, and yes it's great. πŸ˜€ I just have more time to just listen to the music a lot than to watch the DVD. πŸ˜€

Β 

• Like 3

from time to time Mika also does concerts in theatres seats or like the Bercy concert where we could buy tickets for seats. Maybe you can do one of of these. Here are a few link to concerts on Youtube.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

You also should look MikaΒ΄s own TV show he had in Italy the last 2 years, we have them all here with subtitles in English

• Like 3