Paloma

Dominika

Sadly I can't understand French language, he mentions PALOMA in this interview.

Oh My Mag

https://www.facebook.com/Ohmymag/videos/770247610057467/

3 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Oh My Mag

Interview 🎙 avec Mika pour la sortie de son nouvel album !

MIKA révèle l'histoire bouleversante cachée derrière l'écriture de son tube "Paloma" 🎶, extrait de son nouvel album🎙

MP4 file

INSTAGRAM

ohmymagofficiel

La confession de Mika sur l'accident de sa soeur

Mika nous raconte les détails de son dernier album "My name is Michael Holbrook". 🎵
L'une des chansons parle du terrible accident de sa soeur, et comment elle s'en est sortie grâce à l'amour de ses proches. 💙

• Like 2

It's good that they write what he says as subtitles, that way I can understand a bit more than I usually would. He tells the story he also told in Vanity Fair, and he says he didn't talk about it before but now he's not afraid to do it anymore, and that writing the song about it was like a medicine for him. And that he did it because he found beauty in that extreme situation... I think he also tells why, but I didn't understand that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mellody said:

It's good that they write what he says as subtitles, that way I can understand a bit more than I usually would. He tells the story he also told in Vanity Fair, and he says he didn't talk about it before but now he's not afraid to do it anymore, and that writing the song about it was like a medicine for him. And that he did it because he found beauty in that extreme situation... I think he also tells why, but I didn't understand that.

Mika sais:

"When I started to write this album I made a song like "Tiny Love", like "I Went to Hell Last NIght", like "Sanremo". And all of sudden I felt like I was able to talk about things I was affraid to face before. And the song "Paloma" is like this. It's a katharsis, it's a medecine for me.

There is one line in the song which is a key to understand the meaning of it and to understand WHY I wrote a song about this story.

In the second verse I say: "I found you in the dark, and you were fighting for your life. And in this hard moment  I realized that even in so difficult situations you can see a beauty".

If I didn't write this song, I wouldn't understand that even in diffcult moments of our lives, in what we lived through, there was a beauty,  there was an extreme  poetry.

Of course it hurts, of course if burns. But in each and every part of our life we can find a beauty. Understanding this was a huge step forward for me. That's why I am proud of having this song on my album".

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Paoletta said:

ok i understand the video "Tiny love" !!! merci Mika :hug:

I still don't, got more confused again by the new things we learned. 🙈 Care to share your theories in the Tiny Love thread? ;)

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Mika sais:

"When I started to write this album I made a song like "Tiny Love", like "I Went to Hell Last NIght", like "Sanremo". And all of sudden I felt like I was able to talk about things I was affraid to face before. And the song "Paloma" is like this. It's a katharsis, it's a medecine for me.

There is one line in the song which is a key to understand the meaning of it and to understand WHY I wrote a song about this story.

In the second verse I say: "I found you in the dark, and you were fighting for your life. And in this hard moment  I realized that even in so difficult situations you can see a beauty".

If I didn't write this song, I wouldn't understand that even in diffcult moments of our lives, in what we lived through, there was a beauty,  there was an extreme  poetry.

Of course it hurts, of course if burns. But in each and every part of our life we can find a beauty. Understanding this was a huge step forward for me. That's why I am proud of having this song on my album".

Thanks. I didn't get that he talked about a line in the song.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PALOMA

Oh Paloma the skies have not been kind to you

Oh Paloma to weather the storm you’d paint it blue

Silent in your struggle

Living life like there’s nothing wrong

We didn’t even notice

All we heard was the morning song

Until the sky fell into pieces

The night our life fell into pieces too

Try to fly against the wind

Even with a broken wing

As the sky fell into pieces

My Paloma, where is a broken dove to go?

Oh Paloma, if only you had let me know

Was it joy or sadness

That you felt on the night you flew

I found you fighting in the darkness

There was beauty in there too

The night the sky fell into pieces

And our life fell into pieces too

Try to fly against the wind

Even with a broken wing

As the sky fell into pieces

Pieces hiding all the pain

Don’t put the pieces back again

The night the sky fell into pieces

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Just heard it and aissss  :tears:   I remember when she had that terrible accident and now she is healthy and with a beautiful son. :wub2:

Oooh I listened to this song and I don't know the story behind it.. Can you explain the story of his sister and what happened?

I feel it's important to understand this to be able to understand the whole album..

8 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Just heard it and aissss  :tears:   I remember when she had that terrible accident and now she is healthy and with a beautiful son. :wub2:

I remember that time very well. I found this Mika website mikasounds.com  and I started to read the forum. At that time it was a very simple page ( technology) and for me the internet was something I was discovering. And I have read Mika's messages about Paloma's accident. He asked fans to pray for her. He was really in panic. I couldn't believe that an artist writes so private things publicly. I even had doubts if it's really Mika who is writing all this. Now of course I know that this is 100% Mika. But that moment will stay in my mind forever. This morning "Paloma" was the first song I listened to...

• Like 2

Right now, I'm all emotionnal because this song is so strong… But full of hope at the same time and it's the better part of it ! :wub2:. Like you, I remember well that day and I remember how I felt so desperate myself… It was horrible...

And plus, I feel like this song is also on Paloma's handicap and how she lived with it before the accident (the first verset)…so it reminds me my feelings for my little brother who also have an handicap... I love this song so much and even more now I know the lyrics... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I remember that time very well. I found this Mika website mikasounds.com  and I started to read the forum. At that time it was a very simple page ( technology) and for me the internet was something I was discovering. And I have read Mika's messages about Paloma's accident. He asked fans to pray for her. He was really in panic. I couldn't believe that an artist writes so private things publicly. I even had doubts if it's really Mika who is writing all this. Now of course I know that this is 100% Mika. But that moment will stay in my mind forever. This morning "Paloma" was the first song I listened to...

Oh yes that was him (writing)

and we were all panicking at that time 😨😨😨

And a lot of us have prayed so much 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻  for Paloma to recover 

My god he has written a masterpiece thanks to such a traumatic event 💗💗💗

• Like 1

3 hours ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

This is definitely my favourite song from the album!  The way he describes Paloma as a dove with a broken wing is so beautiful, and the choir at the end is heavenly. :wub2:

Because dove it means Paloma in spanish. I really love the song but it makes me cry.

• Like 3

On 10/4/2019 at 8:41 AM, Marika said:

Oooh I listened to this song and I don't know the story behind it.. Can you explain the story of his sister and what happened?

I feel it's important to understand this to be able to understand the whole album..

If Im not wrong, Paloma was at the hospital for a year and after that,  all the rehabilitation. In 2013 Joannie told us Paloma was better but she was still on crutches.