Tiny Love Tiny Tour/ Revelation Tour: Where is NPIH?

Digital Love ♫

Hey ya'll !

Hope you've had some fun seeing Mika all over the place 😁 After seeing him on some of the Tiny Love Tiny Tour dates and also reading the wonderful reviews some of you have shared from his time in Europe  (Thank you! 💕), I could not help but notice that Mika hasn't really included any songs from NPIH. Why is that? Which songs would you have wanted him to sing from that particular album? I would love to hear your thoughts... 😉 

Edited by Digital Love ♫

I don't know the reason but it's a shame because I love NPIH! Maybe he thinks there is no "big hit" on this album and that the more melancholic songs don't fit to his new show... :dunno: But I don't think so, he should represent every album with at least one song on the tour in my opinion. I'd love to hear Good Guys or even Last Party from the singles and Good Wife and Hurts from the non-singles. Or even All She Wants... 

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 4

Promiseland would be fab. :biggrin2: Or Rio. :teehee: He certainly could do one of NPIH instead of Popular Song or Lollipop, no idea why he doesn't. Maybe it doesn't fit to his current mood / show concept.

I wonder if he'll do a different setlist with the new stage set. We'll see tonight...

• Like 4

I also don't get why he does that, I really miss hearing songs from NPIH live, it is one of his best albums. I'm sure that no one would miss Big Girl or Lollipop nowadays.. It's such a shame! I wish we would get an explanation :dunno:

I would love to hear Good Wife ( one of my all time favorites :wub2: ) , Last Party, Hurts, All She Wants and of course No Place In Heaven, one of the most powerful and beautiful songs performed live. That one should be on the setlist for ever, the same as The Origin Of Love and Happy Ending.  I would prefer to hear anytime one of these instead of Big Girl and Ice Cream ( or Relax).

I really hope that he will change the setlist during the tour, I hope we will hear Paloma live as well one day :thumb_yello:

• Like 4

I noticed the absence of songs from NPIH too, especially since he does at least one song from every other album. And sure, NPIH didn't have any big hits, but it's not like Origin of Love and Underwater were huge hits either, and he always sings those. I hope it's just because NPIH songs don't fit the show concept, not because he doesn't like them anymore - I would really love to hear some of them again in a future gig.

• Like 4

I'd love for him to do the NPIH songs he's never done live like Rio & All She Wants & Oh Girl You're the Devil but i don't think that's very realistic. However, i don't see why he hasn't at least slipped Good Guys in there. Maybe in Italy?

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 4

On 11/16/2019 at 3:11 AM, Kasia_xxx said:

I thought exactly the same after the London show.

I would love to have heard One of these songs: Last Party, Good Guys or Promiseland.

I'd think Good Guys would have been a wonderful song to incorporate in the set list :) 

On 11/15/2019 at 5:24 AM, mellody said:

Promiseland would be fab. :biggrin2: Or Rio. :teehee: He certainly could do one of NPIH instead of Popular Song or Lollipop, no idea why he doesn't. Maybe it doesn't fit to his current mood / show concept.

I wonder if he'll do a different setlist with the new stage set. We'll see tonight...

Promiseland 😍😍😍

• Like 1

I'm waiting I Went To Hell Last Night song, I think he never sing this song or I just couldn't find the video of the song 

Actually I want all song from NPIH, idk i love all song. Actually, ah i don't know i love all song from all albums so, he can sing what he want.

I love I See You btw :mf_rosetinted:

I spoke so empty sorry :bleh:

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Irem Aytepe said:

I'm waiting I Went To Hell Last Night song, I think he never sing this song or I just couldn't find the video of the song 

Actually I want all song from NPIH, idk i love all song. Actually, ah i don't know i love all song from all albums so, he can sing what he want.

I love I See You btw :mf_rosetinted:

I spoke so empty sorry :bleh:

I love this song but unfortunately, I don't think he's going to sing it :emot-sad: If he does it will be in some concert I wont be able to attend, so I'll have to settle for listening to it on the record.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I guess that he's mixing the new songs with the songs he think (or advisers told him) are the ones that the people going to only one show would like to ear

I think he hardly can skip "Relax" ,"Love today" and " Grace Kelly" that are still played on radio

In France "Underwater" and " Elle me dit" were huge hits as well

Maybe "Popular" in US and "Stardust" in Italy are to be played as well ?

But I'm not that sure that "Lollipop" and "Big girl" are that necessary ,I Don't remember them being so much on radio ,and  there are "Ice cream" and " Platform Ballerina" that imo have  quite similar meanings

Btw , am I the only one who noticed that "NPIH" songs are missing in the Spotify "complete collection "playlist ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, carafon said:

I guess that he's mixing the new songs with the songs he think (or advisers told him) are the ones that the people going to only one show would like to ear

I think he hardly can skip "Relax" ,"Love today" and " Grace Kelly" that are still played on radio

But I'm not that sure that "Lollipop" and "Big girl" are that necessary ,I Don't remember them being so much on radio ,and  there are "Ice cream" and " Platform Ballerina" that imo have  quite similar meanings

Btw , am I the only one who noticed that "NPIH" songs are missing in the Spotify "complete collection "playlist ?

Talk About You and Staring At The Sun are on the playlist. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, carafon said:

Yes, that is sure, even here in Romania you can hear almost everyday on the radios Relax, Grace Kelly and Happy Ending

12 minutes ago, carafon said:

I thought the same but I see he's performing Popular in Europe as well, he did it in Spain and now in France.

14 minutes ago, carafon said:

But I'm not that sure that "Lollipop" and "Big girl" are that necessary

He really should skip these, the show it seems already too short everytime and would be more space for some NPIH songs :thumb_yello: 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, carafon said:

But he can skip BG and Lollipop. 

In Spain he sang LYL but it's understandable and we appreciated it. 

• Like 1

I get why he's still singing his old hits but it isn't his "duty"... There are artists who go on tour with their new album and they don't sing the old hits at all, just the new songs. I don't want that for Mika as I like to hear some of the older songs as well but I just want to say that he doesn't have to sing those songs if he decides not to. Nowadays he defines himself as a "niche artist" and most people who go to his shows are his long-term fans, not so many people from the "general public" who haven't heard about him for ages (outside Italy and France of course). So he could change the playlist and skip some of the LICM songs in my opinion as he doesn't have to please the "general public" anymore, especially on his own concerts.

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Nowadays he define himself as a "niche artist" and most people who go to his shows are his long-term fans

So he could change the playlist and skip some of the LICM songs in my opinion as he doesn't have to please the "general public" anymore, especially on his own concerts.

Exactly, he knows well who the majority of the audience for his shows is, he should update his setlist and stop worrying that people would not be pleased. Maybe we should tweet to him about it more often, we know that he always, but ALWAYS listen and care about his fans' opinions...  :lmfao:  (not :teehee:)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, carafon said:

Could also be because he said that he wrote MNIMH in a very different mood than NPIH ?

He was in a different mood for every album, and yet only NPIH is missing from his gigs, so I doubt this is the reason :dunno:

• Like 2