Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok updates - 2021

Mikasister

Mika's text:

To commemorate the one year anniversary of the Beirut blast, I want to share with you this new performance of my song Heroes. Originally inspired by the A.E. Housman poem “The lads in their hundreds” Heroe’s, speaks of the challenges of conflict and the more hidden victims of disasters and violence. The hidden victims, survivors, far from everyone’s eyes and ears.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to give you a bit of info on how the 1m Euros raised last year was used by @lebaneseredcross and @savethechildren.

@lebaneseredcross used funds to provide immediate assistance to 15,000 affected people for Health, Emergency Medical Services, Blood Transfusion Services and Basic Assistance through the provision of food and Non Food Items distribution. Your donations contributed to the 39804 Ambulance missions, 20838 distributed blood units, food parcels and hygiene kits to more than 20,000 households and support of 15,000 people with Primary Health Care.

And with the help of your donations @savethechildren were able to:

Provide 16,800 hot meals to families, help 535 families to repair their homes, give 5,000 kits with equipment to help clear the debris and rubble from the streets, help 236 families with cash for rent and provide multi-purpose cash transfers to 1,914 households plus support for small and medium businesses, benefitting their families and communities. Donations also helped provide mental health and psychological support to 1,358 people and one-to-one support to 277 children, give children kits, including learning resources, games and activities for their wellbeing and mental health, provide 1,250 disinfection kits to help families and 1,143 menstrual hygiene kits for women.

Thank you again to all of you who were so generous. Of course if you want to get involved again there is further information available via @lebaneseredcross and @savethechildren.

Mika x

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

My phone did not like downloading or uploading that video so I've only got round to watching it now. It's absolutely beautiful. When Heroes was first released I never truly understood the lyrics, I had my own interpretation and through my life experiences it does hold a special meaning for me. Now, especially this performance, also has a new meaning. It's now a reminder of what Lebanon has been through and all the heroes, both citizens and aid workers, that are working together to bring the city of Beirut back to life. ❤  🇱🇧 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

My phone did not like downloading or uploading that video so I've only got round to watching it now. It's absolutely beautiful. When Heroes was first released I never truly understood the lyrics, I had my own interpretation and through my life experiences it does hold a special meaning for me. Now, especially this performance, also has a new meaning. It's now a reminder of what Lebanon has been through and all the heroes, both citizens and aid workers, that are working together to bring the city of Beirut back to life. ❤  🇱🇧 

Watching this video (as well on YouTube) put me in a very melancholic mood.... :shocked:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Ik ben hier zo ontzettend onder de indruk van :wolk:

Beautiful performance! Very very impressive! Thank you Mika...💙🔥😘 I watch and listen this over and over..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paoletta said:

@crazyaboutmika don't worry in English they say I love you even for friends. he loves this girl... only because she reposted the video 

Of course. I was joking don't worry :hug: because Mika gives so much love  :mikalove:that there is enough for everyone :group_hug:

It is even in my siggie :wink2:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hero said:

He's posted a story of himself having a tourist day in Rome. He's visiting the colosseum. :cloud:(Sorry, I'm not able to grab the story to post it here). 

Can't download the stories now either, but here they are on MFC's Twitter:

So, is he finished already? :dunno:Maybe fans started stalking him so he decided to post the rest later. 🙄 Or his internet isn't working again, the cat story also just appeared 30 or 40 minutes later, tho the time says that he posted them right after the other ones. :blink:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

Can't download the stories now either, but here they are on MFC's Twitter:

So, is he finished already? :dunno:Maybe fans started stalking him so he decided to post the rest later. 🙄 Or his internet isn't working again, the cat story also just appeared 30 or 40 minutes later, tho the time says that he posted them right after the other ones. :blink:

Or he‘s eating! Lunch takes forever in Italy, at least it does with me :biggrin2: (and I need a nap afterwards, maybe he‘s doing that, too :aah:)

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, mellody said:

Or his internet isn't working again, the cat story also just appeared 30 or 40 minutes later, tho the time says that he posted them right after the other ones.

I think now we know the reason: he was underground and probably didn't have good reception. :original:

• Like 3

I think there might still be at least one story missing in between, where he's interrupted mid-sentence - I bet it's Instagram messing things up but guess it should all be there in a few hours or so.

Love his stories, I've seen the Domus Aurea from above but didn't go inside. That light thing is pretty cool!

• Like 2

Story by pppiccioli (probably from their party 2 days ago?)

Screenshot_20210806-162136_Instagram.jpg

And another one by the guy who is tagged in Pierpaolo's story:

Screenshot_20210806-162907_Instagram.jpg

What does it mean, "combing the dolls", is it some sort of expression in Italian? (I hope I'm not reposting naughty things here... 😅)

15 minutes ago, mellody said:

Verhaal door pppiccioli (waarschijnlijk van hun feestje 2 dagen geleden?)

Screenshot_20210806-162136_Instagram.jpg

En nog een van de man die getagd is in het verhaal van Pierpaolo:

Screenshot_20210806-162907_Instagram.jpg

Wat betekent het, "de poppen kammen", is het een soort uitdrukking in het Italiaans? (Ik hoop dat ik hier geen ondeugende dingen opnieuw plaats... 😅 )

Now I am curious...😜