Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok updates - 2021

Mikasister

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

Could be a fanaction... bring edible plates and smash them on our heads. :naughty:

I was thinking along the same line too and have come across these! They're vegan too!

20210814_164848.thumb.png.5c526e9283beffd51e56eac6efeae6c5.png

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mellody said:

Mika Retweets:

:sad:

This is senseless. There is no reason for these people to die, it is fully avoidable. More info here, and a damning statement against the authorities from the AUBMC administration:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/english.alarabiya.net/amp/News/middle-east/2021/08/14/40-adults-15-children-on-ventilators-will-die-when-fuel-runs-out-Monday-AUBMC

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mellody said:

Mika Retweets:

:sad:

The situation is really very hard in Lebanon.

A few days ago Brut posted on Instagram a documentary where tree women talk about their lives. It's in French.

The electricity is cut every day for several hours. The food in fridges get rotten. Even during an interview the light disappears.

No street light in the streets at night provoke a lot of accidents.

The prices change (increase) 3-4 time per day. People count everything on dollars because Lebanese currency has no value now.

The girl shows some examples of imported items.

spaghetti starting at 17 EUR, 

white cheese KIRI 50 UDS

sanitary napkins  30 EUR

Families have to decide who will be eating today: children or parents. They stopped buying some grocery products just because they are too expensive.

At gas stations you have to wait for hours to get 15 litres of gasoline.

Many of young people stopped studying and left the country - for themselves but as well to help their families left in Lebanon.

The woman sais: Liban is on mode: SURVIVE.

Here is the link.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSed0LBIb-O/

There were as well a lot of stories made the 4th of August. They are available on Brut account.

image.thumb.png.1b690c30a2f7ec28c81871c683aaa167.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't think it's a good idea to smash them on our heads.

They are pretty hard to break even using your hands  :lol3: 

Ok I don't know these, but there are also waffle plates, would be easy with them. :mf_rosetinted:

Anyway we'd first need concerts for that. No plates smashing at symphonic gigs, lol! :teehee: And concerts probably means new music and from that new ideas for fanactions. (as Mika has meanwhile deleted the plate-smashing-on-his-head story, he might not be too thrilled by his fans following his silly drunk ideas anyway :roftl:)

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The situation is really very hard in Lebanon.

A few days ago Brut posted on Instagram a documentary where tree women talk about their lives. It's in French.

The electricity is cut every day for several hours. The food in fridges get rotten. Even during an interview the light disappears.

No street light in the streets at night provoke a lot of accidents.

The prices change (increase) 3-4 time per day. People count everything on dollars because Lebanese currency has no value now.

The girl shows some examples of imported items.

spaghetti starting at 17 EUR, 

white cheese KIRI 50 UDS

sanitary napkins  30 EUR

Families have to decide who will be eating today: children or parents. They stopped buying some grocery products just because they are too expensive.

At gas stations you have to wait for hours to get 15 litres of gasoline.

Many of young people stopped studying and left the country - for themselves but as well to help their families left in Lebanon.

The woman sais: Liban is on mode: SURVIVE.

Here is the link.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSed0LBIb-O/

There were as well a lot of stories made the 4th of August. They are available on Brut account.

image.thumb.png.1b690c30a2f7ec28c81871c683aaa167.png

There's also a thread on Twitter by Ibrahim Maalouf about the current situation in Lebanon. It's in French, but the Twitter translation helps:

From what he writes, the complete infrastructure will break down in the next few hours / days, because there's no fuel anymore for the power generators. I also read a Twitter thread by a Lebanese journalist who says they have only 2 hours of power each day and he charges his phone with a solar battery. Which makes me wonder, would it maybe help the people, at least a little bit, if solar power plants were set up? If even the hospital claims that people will die because they have no fuel for the generators, it all seems to depend very much on fossile energy. Why can't foreign helpers invest in solar power, wind power instead of saying Lebanon won't get any money as long as their politicians are so corrupt? It would not just help the people but even the environment. Well they should've done that already a year ago, now it's too late. The corrupt politicians in Lebanon are the reason for all this, but it also makes me angry that other states say there's nothing we can do to help because the politicians will keep the money for themselves. Of course they will, but then just go and help the people directly, in whichever way you can!

Even though our donations for the Lebanese Red Cross are just a drop in the ocean, I hope they can help at least a little bit.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, mellody said:

(as Mika has meanwhile deleted the plate-smashing-on-his-head story,

Not again. Mika!! Stop doing that! :facepalm: :lol3:

54 minutes ago, mellody said:

he might not be too thrilled by his fans following his silly drunk ideas anyway :roftl:)

I still say we all turn up wearing a fake moustache a la Miguel. No drunken shenanigans there. :biggrin2:

I mean 'wearing fake moustaches', as in one each. 'A moustache' makes it sound like we're all sharing one long winding tache like a snake. :lol3:

Although... :blink: :floor: that could be fun. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Hero said:

Not again. Mika!! Stop doing that! :facepalm: :lol3:

I still say we all turn up wearing a fake moustache a la Miguel. No drunken shenanigans there. :biggrin2:

I mean 'wearing fake moustaches', as in one each. 'A moustache' makes it sound like we're all sharing one long winding tache like a snake. :lol3:

Although... :blink: :floor: that could be fun. 

Yeah, best if we do that for Ice Cream. P*rn star Miguel in action. :mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

13 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Such a man child 🤣 and the woman telling him off “no no no I will show you how it’s done” and you can see his face go “oops!” 

Pfft, why's she so picky anyway, look how much fun he has smashing the whole pile of plates! :wub2: And it's understandable. Smash! down on the floor! :biggrin2: What he's doing in the next story looks like playing frisbee, that doesn't look as much fun (especially as you probably have to take care not to hit anyone with your frisbee plate, lol! :lmfao:).

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Hero said:
1 hour ago, mellody said:

(as Mika has meanwhile deleted the plate-smashing-on-his-head story,

Not again. Mika!! Stop doing that! :facepalm: 

Good, I think that's good in a way that he deleted that. People might get the idea to copy that with normal hard plates (I don't actually know how hard the plates are that were used there :dunno:)  and that can cause serious injuries. :doh:

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

Good, I think that's good in a way that he deleted that. People might get the idea to copy that with normal hard plates (I don't actually know how hard the plates are that were used there :dunno:)  and that can cause serious injuries. :doh:

They'd at least need as fluffy hair as Mika's to reduce the risk of head injuries. :mf_rosetinted: :teehee: 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

What he's doing in the next story looks like playing frisbee, that doesn't look as much fun (especially as you probably have to take care not to hit anyone with your frisbee plate, lol! :lmfao:).

Didn't he look elegant doing it, though. :cloud:

5 minutes ago, Prisca said:

That's a good point, I didn't think of that. 

I think they use special plaster plates, so it crumbles more like chalk. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hero said:

Didn't he look elegant doing it, though. :cloud:

indeed, he did. :wub2:

Just now, Hero said:

That's a good point, I didn't think of that. 

I think they use special plaster plates, so it crumbles more like chalk. 

Yeah, maybe. They surely aren't like the plates we have at home - those hardly break, but if they do, they have really sharp edges, like glass. Anyway the first plate smashed "on" Mika's head actually gets smashed by the other plate and not really on his head. The 2nd one goes on his head directly and he doesn't look that happy anymore then. :lmfao: :facepalm:  Maybe he discovered a bruise on his head today from that and thus decided that it's too dangerous to keep the story online. :naughty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tweet by Mika:

translation:

The Taliban at the gates of Kabul, blackout in Lebanon ... Two countries, cradles of humanity, sink deeper into darkness and obscurity. I feel like the brother of these women, these men, these child martyrs. Let’s not abandon them.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, mellody said:

Tweet door Mika:

vertaling:

De Taliban aan de poorten van Kabul, stroomstoring in Libanon... Twee landen, bakermaten van de mensheid, zinken dieper weg in duisternis en duisternis. Ik voel me de broer van deze vrouwen, deze mannen, deze kindermartelaren. Laten we ze niet in de steek laten.

No Mika we won't let them down.......🇱🇧🙏💙💙

• Like 3

On 8/14/2021 at 4:50 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I was thinking along the same line too and have come across these! They're vegan too!

20210814_164848.thumb.png.5c526e9283beffd51e56eac6efeae6c5.png

A little bit :offtopic:  but I went out for dinner today and the drinks were served on plates just like this! :biggrin2:

I wasn't tempted to try one though :naughty:

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

First reaction: wait? Why not try the drink?

…..2 seconds later…..

Ohhhhhhh THE PLATE 🤣

I was thinking "why would they serve drinks on a plate and not in a glass?" :doh: I'm getting concerned about my brain.. :naughty:

• Haha 5

46 minutes ago, Hero said:

I was thinking "why would they serve drinks on a plate and not in a glass?" :doh: I'm getting concerned about my brain.. :naughty:

Well, you can have champagne in a saucer ......

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

First reaction: wait? Why not try the drink?

…..2 seconds later…..

Ohhhhhhh THE PLATE 🤣

I understood immediately that CJ was talking about eating the plate, strange. :blink:

• Haha 4