MIKA Gives Colors Back to Paris! New Art Project

dcdeb

BFM TV

https://www.bfmtv.com/paris/paris-des-artistes-vont-investir-les-espaces-d-affichage-a-l-initiative-de-mika_AN-202102260279.html

:france:

Paris: des artistes investissent les espaces d'affichage à l'initiative de Mika

Le chanteur Mika a eu envie de réintroduire l'art dans les rues de Paris. Il a contacté de jeunes artistes, dont les oeuvres orneront en mars les colonnes Morris et espaces d'affichage.

Plus de spectacles ni de concerts, de films ni de pièces... A Paris, les colonnes Morris sont en berne. Le chanteur Mika a eu envie de "redonner des couleurs à Paris", comme l'indique un communiqué de la ville de Paris. C'est d'ailleurs le nom de l'opération: "Mika redonne des couleurs à Paris". Il s'est pour cela associé au musée des Arts décoratifs et à JC Decaux, pour un projet original.

"Avec l'arrêt des spectacles, des cinémas, des théâtres et la fermeture des musées, les espaces d'affichage par définition ne se renouvelaient pas. Il y avait une forme de monotonie visuelle", explique l'artiste d'origine libanaise, âgé de 37 ans. "J'ai donc voulu raviver les couleurs de Paris en créant un espace créatif comme une grande galerie éphémère en plein air".

Neuf artistes

Les œuvres de jeunes artistes repérés par Mika et sa sœur Paloma seront ainsi exposées à partir du 3 mars prochain sur les espaces d'affichage de la capitale - colonnes Morris, Abribus, pendant quinze jours.

Les affiches sont signées Aurélia Durand, Laurindo Feliciano, Ugo Gattoni, Annick Kamgang, Marie Mohanna, Lamia Ziade, Alexandre Benjamin Navet, Lamarche-Ovize, et Rosa Maria Unda Souki. Les artistes ont eu carte blanche et chaque affiche a une identité visuelle très forte et des couleurs vives.

"Ce sont neuf artistes qui racontent vraiment des histoires complètements différentes. Des histoires personnes et intimes qui sont aussi liées à Paris", a expliqué Mika au micro de BFMTV. "En utilisant de la couleur dans l'espace public, ça devient quelque chose de fort".

La créativité et les artistes toujours là

Mika a lui-même réalisé une affiche, avec sa sœur Yasmine Penniman. Du Palais de la Porte Dorée, au canal de l'Ourcq, en passant par l'hôtel Lutetia: des lieux emblématiques de la capitale ont inspiré plusieurs de ces œuvres.

Dimanche, le chanteur est venu lui-même aider à installer certaines affiches sur les Champs-Élysées. "Début janvier, il pleuvait, j'étais en train de traverser Paris, je regardais autour de moi et je vois le Palais de Tokyo fermé, et juste après, des pubs pour des films qui ne sont pas sortis", a raconté le chanteur à BFMTV. "Et là je me suis dit, si les musées sont fermés, ça ne veut pas dire que la créativité et les artistes sont partis".

:uk:

Paris: artists take over poster spaces at the initiative of Mika

Singer Mika wanted to reintroduce art to the streets of Paris. He contacted young artists, whose works will adorn Morris columns and display spaces in March.

No more shows or concerts, films or plays ... In Paris, the Morris columns are at half mast. The singer Mika wanted to "restore color to Paris", as indicated in a press release from the city of Paris. This is the name of the operation: "Mika brings colors back to Paris". For this, he joined forces with the Decorative Arts Museum and JC Decaux for an original project.

"With the stopping of shows, cinemas, theaters and the closing of museums, display spaces by definition were not renewed. There was a form of visual monotony", explains the artist of Lebanese origin, 37 years old. "So I wanted to revive the colors of Paris by creating a creative space like a large ephemeral outdoor gallery".

Nine artists

The works of young artists spotted by Mika and his sister Paloma will be exhibited from March 3 on display spaces in the capital - Morris columns, Bus shelters, for two weeks.

The posters are signed Aurélia Durand, Laurindo Feliciano, Ugo Gattoni, Annick Kamgang, Marie Mohanna, Lamia Ziade, Alexandre Benjamin Navet, Lamarche-Ovize, and Rosa Maria Unda Souki. The artists were given carte blanche and each poster has a very strong visual identity and bright colors.

"These are nine artists who really tell completely different stories. Personal and intimate stories that are also linked to Paris", explained Mika at the microphone of BFMTV. "By using color in the public space, it becomes something strong".

Creativity and artists still there

Mika himself made a poster, along with his sister Yasmine Penniman. From the Palais de la Porte Dorée, to the Ourcq canal, via the Lutetia hotel: emblematic places in the capital have inspired several of these works.

On Sunday, the singer himself came to help install certain posters on the Champs-Élysées. "At the beginning of January, it was raining, I was crossing Paris, I looked around me and I see the Palais de Tokyo closed, and just after, ads for films that have not been released," said the singer. at BFMTV. "And there I said to myself, if the museums are closed, that does not mean that the creativity and the artists are gone."

Edited by Kumazzz
adding YouTube link
  • Like 3

It's same as my previous post.:bye:

BFM TV

Dailymotion

Mika installe des œuvres d'art dans les colonnes Morris pour "redonner des couleurs à Paris"

Alors que le monde de la culture est frappé de plein fouet par la crise sanitaire, le chanteur Mika a eu envie de "redonner des couleurs à Paris". Avec sa sœur Paloma, il a contacté de jeunes artistes, dont les œuvres orneront les colonnes Morris et espaces d'affichage.

• Like 1

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL4UFUTFLEr/

jcdecauxglobal

Last Sunday, @mikainstagram displayed the first of the posters on a Morris column on the Champs Elysées and breathed new life into Paris with the help of JCDecaux, @madparis and the town of @paris_maville. #MikaColoreParis

Twitter

jcdecauxglobal_154850556_3836160413165326_6438484739274905532_n.thumb.jpg.b5df568065581f1fc0021b1b7d9270e5.jpg

jcdecauxglobal_155122604_205137374631548_2157430612687135901_n.thumb.jpg.8ce1b6024808a1c4bc739e8614a41d24.jpg

jcdecauxglobal_155966918_443952337055219_2731054755368918955_n.thumb.jpg.35d10e3a923697a111ac1477d3ca7d45.jpg

jcdecauxglobal_154985296_303987874396793_2682454707215576506_n.thumb.jpg.1fa02de699c7a279330c8a581dea3fa1.jpg

• Like 8

YoTube

Pour raviver la flamme culturelle de Paris, le chanteur Mika a rassemblé une équipe de neuf artistes afin d'habiller les espaces d’affichage de la capitale avec des œuvres inédites. Une exposition inédite à ciel ouvert, seulement pendant le mois de mars.

To rekindle Paris’s cultural flame, singer Mika has assembled a team of nine artists to dress the capital’s display spaces with original works.
A unique open-air exhibition, only during the month of March.

• Like 4

Vivre-FM

PODCAST

DOWNLOAD LINK ( 3:30 / 3.21 MB )

Le chanteur Mika a monté un projet d’affichage d’œuvres d’art sur les fameuses colonnes Morris dans Paris. Il est en collaboration avec sa soeur Paloma Penniman et le directeur du musée des Arts décoratifs, Olivier Gabet ainsi que 9 autres artistes. Ces affiches seront mises à disposition dès le 3 mars pour égayer les parisiens, en manque de culture depuis plusieurs mois.

• Like 2

Guess Mika saw the Colonne Morris in January like this one.

• « en attendant le retour des spectacles : cultivons l’art d’être solidaire et responsables »
  • « While waiting for the return of the shows: let's cultivate the art of being united and responsible »
On 3/1/2021 at 8:54 PM, Kumazzz said:

BFM TV

https://www.bfmtv.com/paris/paris-des-artistes-vont-investir-les-espaces-d-affichage-a-l-initiative-de-mika_AN-202102260279.html

"Début janvier, il pleuvait, j'étais en train de traverser Paris, je regardais autour de moi et je vois le Palais de Tokyo fermé, et juste après, des pubs pour des films qui ne sont pas sortis", a raconté le chanteur à BFMTV. "Et là je me suis dit, si les musées sont fermés, ça ne veut pas dire que la créativité et les artistes sont partis".

. "At the beginning of January, it was raining, I was crossing Paris, I looked around me and I see the Palais de Tokyo closed, and just after, ads for films that have not been released," said the singer. at BFMTV. "And there I said to myself, if the museums are closed, that does not mean that the creativity and the artists are gone."

Es48uu-XIAAWJTK.thumb.jpg.0a93f31716f3433f26562a1e8733e7f1.jpg

• Like 2

Le Parisien.fr

Paris : pour combattre la morosité, le chanteur Mika redécore les colonnes Morris
Par Lola Dhers 
Le 2 mars 2021

« Redonner des couleurs à Paris », tel était le vœu du chanteur Mika. C'est ainsi devenu le titre de son projet, piloté avec sa sœur Paloma Penniman : donner carte blanche à neuf artistes pour créer des affiches et les exposer dans Paris sur les colonnes Morris de JCDecaux et les mâts-drapeaux, ce à partir de mercredi et pendant un mois. Lui-même en a signé une avec son autre sœur, Yasmine Penniman, déjà visible sur les Champs-Elysées.

«Je regardais ces affiches de films déjà sortis...»

« En me promenant fin décembre sous la pluie à Paris, je regardais ces affiches de films déjà sortis. Puis je suis passé devant un musée fermé et je me suis dit ce n'était pas possible de ne pas investir ces panneaux », raconte Mika pour expliquer la genèse de son idée. « Il faut savoir faire des problèmes des opportunités. La création se fait souvent comme ça… dans l'urgence, face à des difficultés », ajoute-t-il encore.

Les affiches conçues spécialement pour l'occasion entretiennent toutes un lien avec Paris en figurant par exemple ses origines ou bâtiments. La plupart parlent également du monde d'avant la crise sanitaire, comme celle de l'artiste Aurélia Durand dénommée « Une soirée d'été à Paris » dans laquelle elle a cherché à transmettre « le sentiment de liberté » que nous avions quand il était encore possible de se balader sans conditions.

Faire revivre l'art

Olivier Gabet, directeur du Musée des Arts décoratifs (connu pour son imposante collection d'affiches comme celles de Toulouse Lautrec), a lui aussi participé au projet en aidant notamment le chanteur à choisir entre les artistes. Il estime que cette exposition à ciel ouvert contribue « à mettre en lumière des gens souvent méconnus du grand public » et « apporte de la culture dans la rue ». Pour Mika, le street art est « quelque chose de très important qui a totalement sa place dans le panorama artistique ». Il permet également de « réfléchir d'une manière différente ».

Du côté de la Ville de Paris, on manifeste aussi son engouement. « Je me réjouis que des initiatives artistiques puissent donner de la couleur et l'inspiration à notre vie sociale, qui en a grand besoin », développe Carine Rolland, adjointe à la culture de la Ville, avant de déplorer que les espaces culturels soient toujours fermés. « Cette initiative représente aussi et surtout notre souhait que les musées et tous les lieux de culture rouvrent, pour que le patrimoine et la création reprennent toute leur place, indispensable, dans notre vie », conclut-elle.

Paris: to fight gloom, singer Mika redecorates Morris columns
By Lola Dhers
March 2, 2021

"To restore color to Paris", such was the wish of the singer Mika. This has thus become the title of his project, piloted with his sister Paloma Penniman: giving carte blanche to nine artists to create posters and exhibit them in Paris on the Morris columns of JCDecaux and flag poles, from Wednesday and for a month. He himself signed one with his other sister, Yasmine Penniman, already visible on the Champs-Elysées.

"I was looking at these posters of films already released ..."

“While walking in the rain in Paris at the end of December, I looked at these posters of films already released. Then I passed in front of a closed museum and I said to myself it was not possible not to invest these panels, ”says Mika to explain the genesis of his idea. “You have to know how to turn problems into opportunities. Creation is often done like that… in a hurry, in the face of difficulties, ”he adds.

The posters designed especially for the occasion all have a link with Paris by showing, for example, its origins or buildings. Most also speak of the world before the health crisis, such as that of the artist Aurélia Durand called "A summer evening in Paris" in which she sought to convey "the feeling of freedom" that we had when he was. still possible to walk without conditions.

Revive art

Olivier Gabet, director of the Decorative Arts Museum (known for its imposing collection of posters like those of Toulouse Lautrec), also participated in the project by helping the singer in particular to choose between the artists. He believes that this open-air exhibition contributes "to highlighting people who are often overlooked by the general public" and "brings culture to the streets". For Mika, street art is "something very important which has its place in the artistic panorama". It also allows you to "think in a different way".

The City of Paris is also showing its enthusiasm. "I am delighted that artistic initiatives can give color and inspiration to our social life, which is in great need", develops Carine Rolland, assistant to the culture of the City, before deploring that cultural spaces are still there. closed. “This initiative also and above all represents our wish that museums and all places of culture reopen, so that heritage and creation can take back their essential place in our life,” she concludes.

JDWPGX6DGA77QMUF42RP43E4LY.thumb.jpg.3112960e996aa942ff4b705156ca606c.jpg

• Like 4

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL7ICSFFVPb/

mikainstagram

'For The Rite Of Spring' - one of ten original works of art by ten different artists for #mikacoloreparis. It is a dance for Spring, but also a declaration of the need and the ‘right’ we have for Spring to come. Six men dance and pose in a circular formation. All the men are based on photos of me dancing, they are all similar but not the same man... Are they dancing, are they yearning? They seem sensitive to one another but not one touches another. This tender dance between six men in an urban context is destabilising in all its softness. The urban landscape is almost non-identifiable, Paris or Brooklyn? What does it matter when the city is empty, the city is its people, their love, their pain, their joy, their fear.
We know we need to stay home, stay safe but we also need to stay high. To defy gravity in keeping our spirits high and our hearts warm.
@madparis @jcdecauxglobal @paris_maville #museedesartsdecoratifs #mikaredonnedescouleursaparis
Animation @wikiamo

• Like 4

I love this idea! All the posters are lovely, can't really pick a favorite (except Mika & Yasmine's obviously!). I hope it's done in more cities around the world, even if Mika isn't directly involved.

:mika1:

Now I'm imagining my own city with colorful art posters all around to brighten up it's current gray & dirty winter's end messiness. 

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And another short video from Mika :bye:

JCDecaux

Twitter

@JCDecaux_France

https://twitter.com/JCDecaux_France/status/1366795375135358976

@mikasounds nous dévoile les coulisses de la création des affiches pour l'opération #MikaColoreParis ! Avec JCDecaux, @madparisfr @Paris

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL7LLLRKPVq/

Mika brings colour back to Paris

@mikainstagram takes us behind the scenes of the creation of the posters for the operation #MikaColoreParis ! With JCDecaux, @madparis @paris_maville

• Like 3

Le Parisien.fr

20 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Le Parisien.fr

Paris : pour combattre la morosité, le chanteur Mika redécore les colonnes Morris
Par Lola Dhers 
Le 2 mars 2021

« Redonner des couleurs à Paris », tel était le vœu du chanteur Mika. C'est ainsi devenu le titre de son projet, piloté avec sa sœur Paloma Penniman : donner carte blanche à neuf artistes pour créer des affiches et les exposer dans Paris sur les colonnes Morris de JCDecaux et les mâts-drapeaux, ce à partir de mercredi et pendant un mois. Lui-même en a signé une avec son autre sœur, Yasmine Penniman, déjà visible sur les Champs-Elysées.

«Je regardais ces affiches de films déjà sortis...»

« En me promenant fin décembre sous la pluie à Paris, je regardais ces affiches de films déjà sortis. Puis je suis passé devant un musée fermé et je me suis dit ce n'était pas possible de ne pas investir ces panneaux », raconte Mika pour expliquer la genèse de son idée. « Il faut savoir faire des problèmes des opportunités. La création se fait souvent comme ça… dans l'urgence, face à des difficultés », ajoute-t-il encore.

Les affiches conçues spécialement pour l'occasion entretiennent toutes un lien avec Paris en figurant par exemple ses origines ou bâtiments. La plupart parlent également du monde d'avant la crise sanitaire, comme celle de l'artiste Aurélia Durand dénommée « Une soirée d'été à Paris » dans laquelle elle a cherché à transmettre « le sentiment de liberté » que nous avions quand il était encore possible de se balader sans conditions.

Faire revivre l'art

Olivier Gabet, directeur du Musée des Arts décoratifs (connu pour son imposante collection d'affiches comme celles de Toulouse Lautrec), a lui aussi participé au projet en aidant notamment le chanteur à choisir entre les artistes. Il estime que cette exposition à ciel ouvert contribue « à mettre en lumière des gens souvent méconnus du grand public » et « apporte de la culture dans la rue ». Pour Mika, le street art est « quelque chose de très important qui a totalement sa place dans le panorama artistique ». Il permet également de « réfléchir d'une manière différente ».

Du côté de la Ville de Paris, on manifeste aussi son engouement. « Je me réjouis que des initiatives artistiques puissent donner de la couleur et l'inspiration à notre vie sociale, qui en a grand besoin », développe Carine Rolland, adjointe à la culture de la Ville, avant de déplorer que les espaces culturels soient toujours fermés. « Cette initiative représente aussi et surtout notre souhait que les musées et tous les lieux de culture rouvrent, pour que le patrimoine et la création reprennent toute leur place, indispensable, dans notre vie », conclut-elle.

Paris: to fight gloom, singer Mika redecorates Morris columns
By Lola Dhers
March 2, 2021

"To restore color to Paris", such was the wish of the singer Mika. This has thus become the title of his project, piloted with his sister Paloma Penniman: giving carte blanche to nine artists to create posters and exhibit them in Paris on the Morris columns of JCDecaux and flag poles, from Wednesday and for a month. He himself signed one with his other sister, Yasmine Penniman, already visible on the Champs-Elysées.

"I was looking at these posters of films already released ..."

“While walking in the rain in Paris at the end of December, I looked at these posters of films already released. Then I passed in front of a closed museum and I said to myself it was not possible not to invest these panels, ”says Mika to explain the genesis of his idea. “You have to know how to turn problems into opportunities. Creation is often done like that… in a hurry, in the face of difficulties, ”he adds.

The posters designed especially for the occasion all have a link with Paris by showing, for example, its origins or buildings. Most also speak of the world before the health crisis, such as that of the artist Aurélia Durand called "A summer evening in Paris" in which she sought to convey "the feeling of freedom" that we had when he was. still possible to walk without conditions.

Revive art

Olivier Gabet, director of the Decorative Arts Museum (known for its imposing collection of posters like those of Toulouse Lautrec), also participated in the project by helping the singer in particular to choose between the artists. He believes that this open-air exhibition contributes "to highlighting people who are often overlooked by the general public" and "brings culture to the streets". For Mika, street art is "something very important which has its place in the artistic panorama". It also allows you to "think in a different way".

The City of Paris is also showing its enthusiasm. "I am delighted that artistic initiatives can give color and inspiration to our social life, which is in great need", develops Carine Rolland, assistant to the culture of the City, before deploring that cultural spaces are still there. closed. “This initiative also and above all represents our wish that museums and all places of culture reopen, so that heritage and creation can take back their essential place in our life,” she concludes.

JDWPGX6DGA77QMUF42RP43E4LY.thumb.jpg.3112960e996aa942ff4b705156ca606c.jpg

page 30

le_parisien_2021_03_03_p.30_MIKA..thumb.jpg.ec97213d80285fa8214a5722e4dbfa54.jpg

le_parisien_2021_03_03_p_30.thumb.jpg.7efba88cd55f0003ba7daf4da2604d1e.jpg

• Like 2