Hello from a Newbie in a Chicago Suburb!

TeeMarie

Hello all. I am a new member. I have heard of Mika a few years back but was never really a follower then. Recently, I rediscovered his music and talent thanks to Sinfonia Pop! I've watched that over and over and still can't get enough of it! Let's just say the past 2 weeks, I've been dancing around the house, while cleaning, cooking, whatever, just listening to his music and my family thinks I'm nuts. Having said that, they are amazed at how my mood changed once I started listening to Mika again. Something about his songs just makes me giddy. I've been going through some emotional journey for several years now and nothing has really lifted me up as much as when I rediscovered the cutie who sings Grace Kelly! He might never know it, but I am very grateful for joy he has given me through his music. Think me nuts or crazy, I won't argue with you. :-D

• Like 10

Hi TeeMarie,

You've come to the right place! No one here will think you're crazy... or if you are, then we all are!

I'm in the US, too, BTW, so welcome to a fellow American.

:welcomeani:

• Like 7

Hi @TeeMarie and welcome to the crazy Mika world. :welcomeani: We are all crazy and we are happy to be if the reason is Mika. I'm sure you'll enoy this place. Have a lot of fun and if you have any question just have to ask. If you want to chat with other american fans you can do it in this thread:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hi, @TeeMarie:bye: Welcome to MFC, enjoy the place :welcomeani:

6 hours ago, TeeMarie said:

Let's just say the past 2 weeks, I've been dancing around the house, while cleaning, cooking, whatever, just listening to his music and my family thinks I'm nuts.

I'm pretty sure that we are many of us here who can relate to this :teehee:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hi @TeeMarie I'm C.J from the UK :bye:, when it comes to Mika it's a bit of a catch 22 situation, listening to his music can make you a little crazy (good crazy) but you need a little crazy to listen to him! 😁 

Have fun here. 😊

• Like 3

Hi @Mikasister! Thanks for the welcome. I can't wait to chat and meet new and crazy people like myself! I seriously, couldn't sleep last night so I decided to get up, put my earphones on, listen to some Mika tunes, danced, danced and danced, and baked some muffins! Muffins that I wouldn't be eating myself. But I had great music while baking at 2:45 in the morning! :lmfao:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sabine64 said:

Hello and welcome to the MFC. My name is Sabine and I live in Germany. My family got used to my Mika addiction as soon as they saw his music makes me happy.

Hi @Sabine64! They loved that I found something that makes me dance, dance and happy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kreacher said:

Welcome to the club  @TeeMarie!

Your post made me grin under my facemask because i remember those feelings of being a new Mikafan so clearly :mikalove:

I guess I should find a COVID mask emoji! LOL!

And even 14+ years later, I still remember those early feelings as well! :mika1:

• Like 2