Mika is Missing: Fun Fan Theories

TinyLove_CJ

The interview was held on Tuesday by telephone, it was reported in another thread:

On 4/18/2023 at 12:21 PM, Naectegale said:

Good Morning

Mariella Frostrup is interviewing Mika today for her Times Radio show. I think it will be broadcast on Thursday between 1pm and 3pm and should be on catch-up or a podcast or something afterwards.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mellody said:

Anyway, I'll go and listen to yesterday's interview now, only saw it on my way to work yesterday, so I didn't have time yet to listen. If that was live, at least that'll help against my worries. :rolleyes:

Sweet of Mika to reply! :wub2: :biggrin2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Vincent left Firenze on a plane today.

Is he going to the UK?

Was he rehearsing new songs with Mika?????

Was he leaving? Or arriving? In any case, would be fab if it was for rehearsals... especially of new songs, but it might just be twists on the old songs, I wonder how jazzy they'll make them sound for the Jazz Festival. Thinking of the Lollipop version with NAIP... :fangurl:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Was he leaving? Or arriving? In any case, would be fab if it was for rehearsals... especially of new songs, but it might just be twists on the old songs, I wonder how jazzy they'll make them sound for the Jazz Festival. Thinking of the Lollipop version with NAIP... :fangurl:

The version of Lollipop he did with Mitch on piano where he told the story of Simple Jack was quite jazzy. And with FunkOff for I❤Beirut. 

I guess Lollipop is the most translatable for a jazz format. 

Edit: SITM! I forgot SITM. Doo ba daa, zow! 

Edited by Hero
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Hero said:

The version of Lollipop he did with Mitch on piano where he told the story of Simple Jack was quite jazzy. And with FunkOff for I❤Beirut. 

I guess Lollipop is the most translatable for a jazz format. 

Edit: SITM! I forgot SITM. Doo ba daa, zow! 

If he is going to sing SITM I think I am going to cry from pure happiness. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bren said:

Pick up off the floor on Casa Mika was Jazz, that would be so cool :pray:

I'd love that. :wub2:

Vincent is still in Italy, he tagged the village Lucca in Tuscany, and he's there for work ("I love my job"). Maybe they're recording something? :dunno_grin:

• Like 4

I missed saving it, but Vincent posted a story yesterday about "Florence part 2" - it was just him driving on the motorway, but guess it might mean more rehearsals? :biggrin2:

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, mellody said:

I missed saving it, but Vincent posted a story yesterday about "Florence part 2" - it was just him driving on the motorway, but guess it might mean more rehearsals? :biggrin2:

But Clement is in Egypt. So if Vincent is with Mika they can rehearse on the piano parts only. Maybe Feels Like Fire without Nomfundo? It would be great to hear this song again on stage!!!!

And Vincent has some projects with his own music so it can be both in Italy. Let's wait for his next stories.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

But Clement is in Egypt. So if Vincent is with Mika they can rehearse on the piano parts only. Maybe Feels Like Fire without Nomfundo? It would be great to hear this song again on stage!!!!

And Vincent has some projects with his own music so it can be both in Italy. Let's wait for his next stories.

But the last time Vincent was in Florence, he rehearsed Lollipop with Mika at the piano. Maybe they want to improve that, so they can play such a fun duet like Mika used to do with Mitch on the Revelation tour? And Feels like Fire is another option, of course.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Hmm, pretty early for a concert.

But who knows, maybe a private gig? Or a pre-recording for.... Eurovision?:wink2:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Pisa is a 50-minute train ride from Florence, so I don't think there are any direct flights from Florence to Pisa. Perhaps Shana finished rehearsing in Florence (outside Florence where Mika lives?) and she was on her way to Pisa airport to fly out of Italy. She may believe that Pisa airport is Florence's airport. Peretola is actually Florence's airport. Or maybe the pics refer to when she was arriving at Florence airport and later was going to Pisa?

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 3