Mika private gigs @ Chopard dinner, Cannes, 7 and 15 July 2021

mellody

4 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

The people attending that party had no idea what a wonderful artist they had in their midst!

Can you believe he sang Step with me for a private Loreal party and people were talking , eating and making lots of noise while he was singing? :sad:

https://youtu.be/4yO6C4R-OTw

https://youtu.be/QjDFVrNe68Q

• Sad 5

14 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Can you believe he sang Step with me for a private Loreal party and people were talking , eating and making lots of noise while he was singing? :sad:

I'm afraid it's often like that at such parties, many people aren't there for the music. :emot-sad:

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

20 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

You can clearly see he’s irritated :no: and rightfully so, I wish they would all shut up to be able to hear the intimacy of this song and his voice.

I can imagine it wasn’t any different yesterday… but with both events you could see people in the front enjoying the show. Although with the event yesterday it was more an Instagram seen and be seen thing…

• Like 4

I don't think he's even expecting to get the same feedback like in his own shows with his fans who come especially to listen to him and know his songs :dunno:   In these private events he is just doing his job, that's all, like many other artists.  If he would feel bad, he wouldn't accept it. But he does that since many years and I suppose he's fine with that :dunno_grin:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, krysady said:

I don't think he's even expecting to get the same feedback like in his own shows with his fans who come especially to listen to him and know his songs :dunno:   In these private events he is just doing his job, that's all, like many other artists.  If he would feel bad, he wouldn't accept it. But he does that since many years and I suppose he's fine with that :dunno_grin:

I think he has also learned over the years what works and what doesn't at such events.

And I think he was really happy that Bella Hadid danced. :yes:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, krysady said:

I’m glad he is being asked for these kind of events. It gives him exposure which in turn will give him more opportunities. 

He however also deserves to be heard and appreciated. He does his job and he does it well, but my heart aches a bit when I see an intermediate response to such a great artist. But I think we can all agree wholeheartedly on that!! 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, krysady said:

He said a few times in the past that he loves the challenge of convincing people who haven't come specifically to see him. So I think he loves both for different reasons, playing for fans and playing for people who have never heard of him or just know a few songs. It seems Bella was the star of the evening, so I can well imagine that he was happy he made her dance with his music.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

The people attending that party had no idea what a wonderful artist they had in their midst!

So true...

At least we got to see some pictures of him that way. :naughty:

• Like 5

I found a bunch of story snippets of the gig on Instagram:

Elle me dit by alenones:

Relax by alenones:

Underwater by bianca___niculae

I put the others in a spoiler, so it's not that much to scroll:

Spoiler

Happy Ending by bianca___niculae

a clip (without Mika's music) by Chopard:

photo by chopardbycaroline

several videos by dieciminutidiapplausi:

Lollipop

Love Today:

Love Today:

Happy Ending:

Big Girl:

Grace Kelly by grazia_it

Lollipop by jiayulu00

and a photo by Chopard:

2021-07-07-Cannes-Foto-Chopard.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Also there's some posts:

Grace Kelly (3rd video)

some photos by Chopard:

Grace Kelly filmed from behind the stage:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I’m glad he is being asked for these kind of events. It gives him exposure which in turn will give him more opportunities. 

For sure, in fact this is the point for doing this, and in a way I feel proud when I see he is the one being called to such glamorous events and not other artist. Of course we would like to see the same vibe as at his gigs, but the audience and the circumstances are totally different :wink2:

14 minutes ago, mellody said:

He said a few times in the past that he loves the challenge of convincing people who haven't come specifically to see him. So I think he loves both for different reasons, playing for fans and playing for people who have never heard of him or just know a few songs. It seems Bella was the star of the evening, so I can well imagine that he was happy he made her dance with his music.

Right, I remember he had to struggle with some cold audience during a gig and after a couple songs he made everyone to jump and sing at his command. I think it was a festival and people were there for some other artists. 

Moreover, in the Indeed interview he said he's excited to get dressed up and go to show his clothes in front of people again, these events are perfect for that and he always looks much better than many other people from there.

• Like 4

More videos:

Here's even some bits of talking, looks a lot more like interacting with the audience than the earlier videos we've seen. :biggrin2: Relax in the 2nd video and Underwater in the last one:

And here's another part of Big Girl in the first video:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, mellody said:

Here's even some bits of talking, looks a lot more like interacting with the audience than the earlier videos we've seen. :biggrin2:

So not so much difference from his gigs, the same screaming from the audience when it comes to taking off his clothes :teehee:

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, krysady said:

So not so much difference from his gigs, the same screaming from the audience when it comes to taking off his clothes :teehee:

Ha ha ha! He didn't want to be in trouble with the jewelry he was wearing on his jacket - so definitively borrowed from Chopard for the show :lol3: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4