2022 - Mika @ Caribana Festival, Crans-près-Céligny, Switzerland - 16 June

Prisca

13 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Fot those who are arriving by plane - there is a free train from the airport to the train station in Geneva.

You need to take the ticket at the airport - there are ticket machines - but you have to do it in the part where you collect your language - before going out the arrive zone. You have 80 minutes  to use it. But it takes about 15 minutes to arrive to the train station .

http://www.geneva.info/transport/free-ticket/

Geneva Free Ticket

Free Ticket
When you arrive at Geneva International Airport by a plane, You can get Your 80 minute ticket for Geneva Public Transport (Zone 10) for free. The ticket machine for free ticket is located at the luggage retrieval hall and prints the free ticket without requirements or limitations upon the pressing of the button.
Free ticket entitles You to take an airport train (train from the airport to the center), bus, tram and mouette.
Ticket is transferable and limited only by 80 minutes.

In this country you can even get things for free? :blink:

It just keeps getting better. :naughty:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

In this country you can even get things for free? :blink:

It just keeps getting better. :naughty:

One more step and it will be as in Luxembourg, all the public transport for free! :original:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, krysady said:

One more step and it will be as in Luxembourg, all the public transport for free! :original:

We are a long way from that! :lol3:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

LET‘S DO A MINI MFC BOAT TRIP IN GENEVA! On Friday! What do you all say? 

If you do it, I want to see loads of photos and videos! I've only been Geneva once a long time ago, but I remember it was beautiful there!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I haven't been to Geneva before - if a boat trip is that cheap, I might take one with my son on Wednesday evening. Friday we probably won't manage. Thanks everyone for the info!

Just one week from today until the gig! :excite:

Btw, my son was lucky that he didn't get a fixed cast on his arm... after a week with a splint made of cast, his wrist didn't hurt anymore, so he now has a plastic splint that he can take off while sleeping. So well, no Mika signature on that, lol! :teehee:

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

If you do it, I want to see loads of photos and videos! I've only been Geneva once a long time ago, but I remember it was beautiful there!

Ha ha ha! The boat for 3 CHF is a sort of water bus. But they have 4 different lines. So maybe we could manage to do all 4 during 60 minutes :lol3:

t rex boat GIF by ViralHog

• Haha 3

On 6/9/2022 at 6:07 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It looks like a water bus, so it's possible. It's not a trip boats but just a transportation.

And the ticket can be used as well in buses and tramways.

There’s always a catch in Geneva. Transport by Mouettes Genevoises is cheap by Swiss standards because they’re water buses (like in Venice) to go from one lake bank to the other. Trips on the lake are of course more expensive 😘😘

• Like 3

On 6/9/2022 at 10:34 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Ha ha ha! The boat for 3 CHF is a sort of water bus. But they have 4 different lines. So maybe we could manage to do all 4 during 60 minutes :lol3:

t rex boat GIF by ViralHog

We have to bring our own champagne 🍾 and fans! Because I’m sure it will be nice and warm! 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I'm packed :thumb_yello:

Everything is ready and confirmed :thumb_yello:

TOMORROW, TOMORROW, TOMORROW!!!! Wake up at 3:30 am :thumb_yello: :lol3:

pack packing GIF

That's probably the time I need to get up for London, as they recommend being at the airport super early because of security staff shortage. :aah: Tomorrow I think we'll get up at 7, like on an usual school day. Train leaves at 8:55 from Munich. We'll already arrive in Geneva shortly after 3pm, are any of you there in the (late) afternoon and want to go sightseeing together?

Haven't packed anything yet, need to do that this afternoon & tonight. I have to remember to bring mosquito repellant, when it's so hot and near the lake I fear there might be a lot. I hope it won't top the mosquito gig in Vigevano 2012... the whole crowd smelt like repellant and still we were attacked all the time. :facepalm:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

Haven't packed anything yet, need to do that this afternoon & tonight. I have to remember to bring mosquito repellant, when it's so hot and near the lake I fear there might be a lot.

Same! I have my packing list (just added mosquito repellant 🤣) and did all the laundry last weekend. I can’t believe we will see Mika perform in 2 days!!! 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mellody said:

That's probably the time I need to get up for London, as they recommend being at the airport super early because of security staff shortage.

My plane to London is only 30 minutes later than this to Geneva (or actually to Frankfurt - I don't have a direct flight to Switzerland).

So again early wake up in two weeks.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska

44 minutes ago, mellody said:

Train leaves at 8:55 from Munich. We'll already arrive in Geneva shortly after 3pm, are any of you there in the (late) afternoon and want to go sightseeing together?

I will be at my hotel about 2pm. But I have to buy something to eat - there is no breakfasts in my hotel - they closed the restaurant during pandemic. They put fridges in rooms. And I will need 1-2 hours of a nap.

But it would be nice to take a walk in the evening along the lake. And maybe eat something together?

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

Just now, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I will be at my hotel about 2pm. But I have to buy something to eat - there is no breakfasts in my hotel - they closed the restaurant during pandemic. And I will need 1-2 hours of a nap.

But it would be nice to take a walk in the evening along the lake. And maybe eat something together?

Sounds good! We can just DM on Instagram tomorrow afternoon/evening then, I'll get notifications for that on my phone. I guess we won't be out later than 8 or 9pm, because it's enough for my son to stay up until after midnight for ONE evening :lol3: but taking a walk sounds good, or maybe take one of those water buses, might be nice in the evening sun. :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

Sounds good! We can just DM on Instagram tomorrow afternoon/evening then, I'll get notifications for that on my phone. I guess we won't be out later than 8 or 9pm, because it's enough for my son to stay up until after midnight for ONE evening :lol3: but taking a walk sounds good, or maybe take one of those water buses, might be nice in the evening sun. :)

Great. My hotel is just in front of the river. Next to this big hotel Mandarin Oriental. So we can meet there at the Mandarin entrance and then walk along the river to the port where the water buses are.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 6:32 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Fot those who are arriving by plane - there is a free train from the airport to the train station in Geneva.

You need to take the ticket at the airport - there are ticket machines - but you have to do it in the part where you collect your language - before going out the arrival zone. You have 80 minutes  to use it. But it takes about 15 minutes to arrive to the train station .

http://www.geneva.info/transport/free-ticket/

Geneva Free Ticket

Free Ticket
When you arrive at Geneva International Airport by a plane, You can get Your 80 minute ticket for Geneva Public Transport (Zone 10) for free. The ticket machine for free ticket is located at the luggage retrieval hall and prints the free ticket without requirements or limitations upon the pressing of the button.
Free ticket entitles You to take an airport train (train from the airport to the center), bus, tram and mouette.
Ticket is transferable and limited only by 80 minutes.

No the free bus ticket is not available anymore earlier this year.

https://www.tdg.ch/les-billets-de-bus-gratuits-ont-disparu-404827475037

• Sad 2

Hi all, I'm new here and I currently live in Lausanne, Switzerland (not fare from Crans). Nice to meet you all!

Btw, does anyone know the setlist of Mika's show on Thursday?

Unfortunately I have to leave at around 12:15am to catch the last train back to my home in Lausanne. I didn't realized that the show won't end until 12:30am so I didn't book a hotel ;(

1 hour ago, Terryzzzz said:

Hi all, I'm new here and I currently live in Lausanne, Switzerland (not fare from Crans). Nice to meet you all!

Btw, does anyone know the setlist of Mika's show on Thursday?

Unfortunately I have to leave at around 12:15am to catch the last train back to my home in Lausanne. I didn't realized that the show won't end until 12:30am so I didn't book a hotel ;(

Nice to meet you. :bye:

I'm afraid that a setlist has not been published (yet).

9 hours ago, Prisca said:

Normal entrance 5.30pm, VIP entrance I asked but no answer yet. :original:

Ok, I have the answer. The VIP entrance opens at the same time as the normal entrance. :original: