2022 - Mika @ Caribana Festival, Crans-près-Céligny, Switzerland - 16 June

Prisca

8 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Thank you @Prisca for all these very useful information ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Actually I didn't know about the power sockets. I have been once in Lausanne but I don't remember this detail. I have to check it.

I've just ordered a set of adapters for UK, Switzerland and Italy. A beautiful set matching perfectly to my scheduled concerts 😉

I didn't know about Italian sockets!

image.thumb.png.121a4d9fccf4261f1af11d19939b9c53.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, krysady said:

:teehee:

But now tbh, after I did the booking for London, I'm not sure about that anymore :aah:

Honestly, Nina and I didn't feel like it was cheap in the US and Canada, and neither of us are exactly from countries where things are cheap. :lmfao::aah:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I've just ordered a set of adapters for UK, Switzerland and Italy. A beautiful set matching perfectly to my scheduled concerts 😉

I didn't know about Italian sockets!

image.thumb.png.121a4d9fccf4261f1af11d19939b9c53.png

Then you are now perfectly equipped! :thumb_yello:

50 minutes ago, krysady said:

:teehee:

But now tbh, after I did the booking for London, I'm not sure about that anymore :aah:

The ten most expensive cities in the world

42673419_DassinddiezehnteuerstenStdtederWelt.thumb.png.cf48add9b1acd08e70b9a371aede43be.png

Okay, I've noticed that New York is expensive. I wasn't in Los Angeles long enough. Where is London? :teehee:

• Haha 2

So my son managed to break his arm (wrist) today. :facepalm: Well, he's cool about it, as always - the only time he stops jumping around is with a fever over 40°C, he didn't even tell the teachers today when it happened but just kept going on at school as usual. Reminds me of a certain popstar who still keeps performing with a torn tendon. :facepalm: :lol3:

I told him he can let his schoolmates sign the cast after the school holidays and jokingly added that if we meet Mika in Switzerland, he can ask him to sign it too - well, he liked the idea. :roftl: (I also told him it's not guaranteed we'll meet him, as it's late, and if we do, there might be too many people ... he was with me in Bercy 2019 and saw Mika leaving on the motorbike, so he knows what I mean about too many people :teehee:)

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

Reminds me of a certain popstar who still keeps performing with a torn tendon. :facepalm: :lol3:

:lmfao:

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

I told him he can let his schoolmates sign the cast after the school holidays and jokingly added that if we meet Mika in Switzerland, he can ask him to sign it too - well, he liked the idea. :roftl: (I also told him it's not guaranteed we'll meet him, as it's late, and if we do, there might be too many people ... he was with me in Bercy 2019 and saw Mika leaving on the motorbike, so he knows what I mean about too many people :teehee:)

Oh man, at least it looks like you can still go to the festival. 🙈

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

So my son managed to break his arm (wrist) today. :facepalm: Well, he's cool about it, as always - the only time he stops jumping around is with a fever over 40°C, he didn't even tell the teachers today when it happened but just kept going on at school as usual. Reminds me of a certain popstar who still keeps performing with a torn tendon. :facepalm: :lol3:

Oh no!!!!! Gute Besserung for your son❤️ He’s a tough guy, can’t wait to meet him in Switzerland (and that is guaranteed :wink2:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Oh man, at least it looks like you can still go to the festival. 🙈

Yeah, I'd still go for sure, as it's all booked - but there's no chance of stopping him to come with me, lol! :roftl: Nah, it's fine, the doc said as long as he doesn't use his left arm, he can do anything, so we're both very glad about that. Good thing that we hadn't planned his bday party yet, because our original plan would've included a water playground and climbing around in a straw labyrinth, or go swimming to a place with lots of fun water slides, and neither of that is very practicable with a cast. So now we'll just look for an alternative that's suitable and still fun.

Anyway thanks Prisca for all the practical tips! I think it's still possible to use a normal phone charger with the Swiss plugs, and that's all I'll need... but I'll check my adapters, should have one for each country, just in case.

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Oh no!!!!! Gute Besserung for your son❤️ He’s a tough guy, can’t wait to meet him in Switzerland (and that is guaranteed :wink2:)

thanks! He'll be happy to have a few people to speak German with, in Paris I talked too much English for his liking. 😅🙈

Wow, from tomorrow it's only 2 weeks to go until we leave for Switzerland! :excite: It's like time is going slowly for ages, and then it suddenly starts running so fast!

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, mellody said:

Anyway thanks Prisca for all the practical tips! I think it's still possible to use a normal phone charger with the Swiss plugs, and that's all I'll need... but I'll check my adapters, should have one for each country, just in case.

Yes, that is quite possible. I can also charge my mobile phone with the EU power sock, but not my laptop, because there the plug has three prongs (or how are they called?). :original:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Prisca said:

Yes, that is quite possible. I can also charge my mobile phone with the EU power sock, but not my laptop, because there the plug has three prongs (or how are they called?). :original:

Prongs. :thumb_yello:

But I'm interested in this power sock. Will it let me walk faster? :naughty:

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Hero said:

Prongs. :thumb_yello:

But I'm interested in this power sock. Will it let me walk faster? :naughty:

I know, old joke, but at least it wasn't an "r". :bleh:

Ask Forrest Gump which socks he is wearing. :dog::glasses:

Run Away GIF

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Ah, I forgot to mention. Watch out for roaming fees. Since Switzerland is not in the EU, you still have to pay them...

Yes.

I have my camera connected with Google photos cloud. Every photo or video is at once uploaded to Google. Can you imagine my videos from the gig -  400-800 MB each - or even 1 GB depending how long it is 😱😱😱😱 I must not forget to block this option. If not my next roaming bill will kill me.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes.

I have my camera connected with Google photos cloud. Every photo or video is at once uploaded to Google. Can you imagine my videos from the gig -  400-800 MB each - or even 1 GB depending how long it is 😱😱😱😱 I must not forget to block this option. If not my next roaming bill will kill me.

Do it now while you think of it!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hero said:

Do it now while you think of it!

No, i can't! I have an access to all my photos and videos on my laptop and all possible mobiles 😉

Very useful while managing my website and social medias. I don't like too much working on a mobile.

But don't worry. I will not forget to turn it off 😉

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 6:35 PM, Prisca said:

The ten most expensive cities in the world

42673419_DassinddiezehnteuerstenStdtederWelt.thumb.png.cf48add9b1acd08e70b9a371aede43be.png

Okay, I've noticed that New York is expensive. I wasn't in Los Angeles long enough. Where is London? :teehee:

Interesting, tbh at least as a tourist I found Paris way cheaper than Zürich. Actually I was quite surprised that Paris wasn't as expensive as I thought, especially compared to the south of France (which was the last place in France where I have been before going to Paris last year). There were still affordable restaurants with almost the same prices as in my city, whereas in Zürich even McDonald's seemed expensive to me. :lmfao: But I guess the ranking is based on something else... 

Anyway, Prisca's post about Switzerland also reminded me of the 1,40 CHF I was trying to spend in Zürich... As I was staying just for the day of the gig, I only brought my card and a few euros. But my mum had 1,40 CHF from our last trip to Switzerland. She said I could spend it for the toilet or something like that... Long story short, I didn't succeed and brought the money back home. There was nothing so cheap in the supermarket and even the toilet at the train station was more expensive... It was literally worthless. :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Interesting, tbh at least as a tourist I found Paris way cheaper than Zürich. Actually I was quite surprised that Paris wasn't as expensive as I thought, especially compared to the south of France (which was the last place in France where I have been before going to Paris last year). There were still affordable restaurants with almost the same prices as in my city, whereas in Zürich even McDonald's seemed expensive to me. :lmfao: But I guess the ranking is based on something else... 

Yes, it depends on what you measure it by. Hotels are also extremely expensive in Paris. Restaurants, however, are cheaper in Paris than in Zurich. I didn't find the supermarkets cheaper in Paris than in Switzerland (and after all, I lived there for 6 months). The assumption that McDonald's is always the cheapest everywhere is wrong. It is extremely expensive in Switzerland. It depends on the supermarket, but you can also buy hot food there and it costs a lot less than McDonald's (or you get a lot more for the money).

17 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Anyway, Prisca's post about Switzerland also reminded me of the 1,40 CHF I was trying to spend in Zürich... As I was staying just for the day of the gig, I only brought my card and a few euros. But my mum had 1,40 CHF from our last trip to Switzerland. She said I could spend it for the toilet or something like that... Long story short, I didn't succeed and brought the money back home. There was nothing so cheap in the supermarket and even the toilet at the train station was more expensive... It was literally worthless. :teehee:

You could have bought a bottle of water and a roll for that in the supermarket. :biggrin2:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Prisca said:

You could have bought a bottle of water and a roll for that in the supermarket. :biggrin2:

The small supermarket at the train station (the only one that was still open after the gig, I think it was migrolino) was of course a bit more expensive so not even there I could find something for that price... :biggrin2:

• Like 1

Just now, giraffeandy said:

The small supermarket at the train station (the only one that was still open after the gig, I think it was migrolino) was of course a bit more expensive so not even there I could find something for that price... :biggrin2:

Yes, it is a convenience store and a bit more expensive than a supermarket and with less choice. The chain's supermarket is Migros. :original: