CANCELLED - 2022 - Mika @ Roadrunner, Boston - 2 April 2022

Mikasister

58 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

In two weeks.... I'm on a plane to NYC!

And a few hours later on a plane to Boston.

I AM SO READY!!!! I even updated my packing list and since I am only carrying hand luggage, even got all the miniature versions of liquids I am allowed to take with me. So that's ready to go as well. Am I excited? I am excited!!!! Are you???

this time i'm not even letting myself get as excited as previous times, but...

:excite::nervous::cheer: <me on the inside

:wait:<me on the outside

I've been updating my packing list all along, i've made google documents with a long list of what i still need to do & when, lists of what i'm gonna wear when and how much this all is likely gonna cost and my schedule plans and ideas for places to eat, i've plotted directions for everywhere i might need go, studied airport maps and rules, downloaded a bunch of transit apps, test packed all my bags, and still i feel completely unprepared. 

i just need to relax, take it easy... oh geez thanks Mika, now i've gotta plan for ending up on a broken train alone :doh:

I can't imagine trying to do all this AND dealing with getting ESTAs and pre-flight covid tests and jetlag and travel insurance and all that. Good luck to you all! I can't wait to meet everybody :excite:

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, kreacher said:

I've been updating my packing list all along, i've made google documents with a long list of what i still need to do & when, lists of what i'm gonna wear when and how much this all is likely gonna cost and my schedule plans and ideas for places to eat, i've plotted directions for everywhere i might need go, studied airport maps and rules, downloaded a bunch of transit apps, test packed all my bags, and still i feel completely unprepared. 

I feel SO unprepared when reading this :lol3: oh my! I am thoroughly impressed!!! I didn’t even test pack! Maybe I should do that, I tend to underestimate :facepalm: 

10 minutes ago, kreacher said:

This is definitely me on the in AND outside :cheer:

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I feel SO unprepared when reading this :lol3: oh my! I am thoroughly impressed!!! I didn’t even test pack! Maybe I should do that, I tend to underestimate :facepalm: 

This is definitely me on the in AND outside :cheer:

im NOT prepared either.... what do i need to do????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

In two weeks.... I'm on a plane to NYC!

And a few hours later on a plane to Boston.

Hey, me too! :lol3:

Which airport are you going through?

I can't believe it's almost here. The next few days are going to be the longest... but also go by so quickly... eek!! 

• Like 2

On the plus side, I've sorted my trains now. It was easy - I left them intact and changed the test slot instead. :lol3: I think I was panicking before, there's plenty of time to do the test, get the result and do the pre-flight bits and bobs. Even time to do a 2nd test if needed. Also means I'm not paying an extra £100 for the different train tickets! :yikes:

On the minus side, I just checked a long range weather forecast for Boston. 1st April - heavy rain. 2nd April - cloudy, showers. I'm shopping for a new rain jacket tomorrow (and hoping they've got it wrong :pray: ).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hero said:

On the plus side, I've sorted my trains now. It was easy - I left them intact and changed the test slot instead. :lol3: I think I was panicking before, there's plenty of time to do the test, get the result and do the pre-flight bits and bobs. Even time to do a 2nd test if needed. Also means I'm not paying an extra £100 for the different train tickets! :yikes:

On the minus side, I just checked a long range weather forecast for Boston. 1st April - heavy rain. 2nd April - cloudy, showers. I'm shopping for a new rain jacket tomorrow (and hoping they've got it wrong :pray: ).

Holy crap lets hope that changes.... Waiting for the gig in the rain will NOT be fun. I will bring the sun from LA.....

Edited by Sivan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sivan said:

Holy crap lets hope that changes.... Waiting for the gig in the rain will NOT be fun. I will bring the dun from LA.....

We'll dry off quick enough once inside, all that heat and energy. Might not smell good though!

Erm, dun? Oh, sun! I was thinking it was slang for a waterproof sheet or something... :lmfao:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hero said:

We'll dry off quick enough once inside, all that heat and energy. Might not smell good though!

Erm, dun? Oh, sun! I was thinking it was slang for a waterproof sheet or something... :lmfao:

LOL I've edited it.... SUN! yes..... :) and yeah being wet and then sweaty.... Mika will def not come to talk to us if that happens :dunno:

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

this time i'm not even letting myself get as excited as previous times, but...

:wait:<me on the outside

i just need to relax, take it easy... oh geez thanks Mika, now i've gotta plan for ending up on a broken train alone :doh:

I can't imagine trying to do all this AND dealing with getting ESTAs and pre-flight covid tests and jetlag and travel insurance and all that. Good luck to you all! I can't wait to meet everybody :excite:

Where are you coming from in the US?

5 minutes ago, Sivan said:

Where are you coming from in the US?

coming from Nebraska to Philadelphia to visit my sister for a couple days, then from Philly to Boston

I will try to bring some partial sun, mid 60s, and no precip :cool:

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

JFK! I think my flight to Boston is around 3pm. What about you? 

JFK! But a little earlier, 8.20am, gets into Boston 9.50am. I figured I could have the day to look around. That'll be fun if it's raining, might be hitting a gallery. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hero said:

Boston being so close to the sea this can honestly change on an hourly basis. I grew up in Amsterdam and I never looked at the weather forecast :lol3: because it was never correct anyway!

Either way, we will be together and we will have fun. We will be our own little sunshines ☀️ 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hero said:

JFK! But a little earlier, 8.20am, gets into Boston 9.50am. I figured I could have the day to look around. That'll be fun if it's raining, might be hitting a gallery. 

Oh that’s a good time to spend to explore Boston! 
I’m planning to go for a run after I have checked into the hotel and will message you. Who knows, maybe I will literally run into you :lol3:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I’m planning to go for a run after I have checked into the hotel and will message you. Who knows, maybe I will literally run into you :lol3:

Andrea, look out for someone running with an Oreo cake. :naughty:

• Haha 3

On 3/10/2022 at 2:09 PM, Hero said:

A WhatsApp group would be good. 

The attendee list from the calendar event is:

Attendees

Prisca

holdingyourdrink

Marab  @Marab

jknox1734  @jknox1734

Kaleyx33 @Kaleyx33

Sivan  @Sivan

Hero

Romy04 @Romy04

Adprice @Adprice

Anilado @Anilado

lyli21 @lyli21

kreacher  @kreacher

tiibet  @tiibet

Maybe

NaoMika  @NaoMika

Aki Celeste  @Aki Celeste

EDIT  -  hey everyone, I've set up a WhatsApp group for the Boston trip and concert. Let me know if you want adding (pm me) and I'll update this list to show you in green. :cool: :cheer:

Hi all, does anyone else want adding to the WhatsApp group for Boston? (Not sure if the @ tags work on a quote, could someone reply to let me know youve been notified please? Thanks!)

4 hours ago, kreacher said:

some boring guy with 2 turntables and a microphone

Mika wouldn't do that to us. :lol3: :snoopy:

Edited by Hero
Not sure how Snoopy got in there, but he's cute so he can stay.
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Hero said:

Mika wouldn't do that to us. :lol3: :snoopy:

You sure? at Verboten in 2015 the opening act was a boring lady DJ if I recall correctly, that was quite a painful half hour to wait through

Edited by kreacher
Hi Snoopy!
  • Haha 2