CANCELLED - 2022 - Mika @ Roadrunner, Boston - 2 April 2022

Mikasister

34 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Flower crown! And I’ve heard from @Sivanyou shouldn’t wear long sleeve shirts, or anything too warm for that matter, because it’s going to be super hot when dancing :biggrin2: 

Or at least wear layers.

Yes, flower crown, must get that sorted! 

Well in Paris, Prisca named me 't-shirt girl' because I had bare arms all the time, so that suits me! :lol3:

Might be cold in Boston though, early April is their transition period from winter to spring so we could have cooler temperatures, wind and rain while queuing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hero said:

Then I just need to change my train ticket. And book an extra night at the cattery. And book the extra day off work. Ayayai...

I know what you mean ... :itsok:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hero said:

On a related (ish) matter - have people got outfits planned? 

Definitely a flower crown for me, possibly something glowing and some bright colors to go along with it. I went a bit overboard and bought a long-sleeve shirt with one of my favorite Mika songs printed on it, but it sounds like I might want to convert it into a t-shirt or vest, as I tend to get VERY sweaty when the mood is right.

:mika1:

Is anyone who's going to the Boston concert also going to Montreal the following weekend, or is it mostly a Boston-NYC deal for you guys? The Montreal thread seems pretty quiet, so I'm not quite sure what to expect there. Plus the venue is a lot bigger, with assigned seating. Hoping I get to make it to both concerts, in any case - that way I can have more than one opportunity to make an utter fool of myself in front of Mika. :lol3:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Aki Celeste said:

Is anyone who's going to the Boston concert also going to Montreal the following weekend

Yes, I'm also going to Montreal. :original:

3 minutes ago, Aki Celeste said:

The Montreal thread seems pretty quiet, so I'm not quite sure what to expect there. Plus the venue is a lot bigger, with assigned seating.

Mika is popular in Montreal. I guess he wouldn't perform in such a big venue if the demand wasn't there? :dunno_grin:

There are just not many people here at MFC from there who are active on the forum. :original:

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

Yes, I'm also going to Montreal. :original:

Mika is popular in Montreal. I guess he wouldn't perform in such a big venue if the demand wasn't there? :dunno_grin:

There are just not many people here at MFC from there who are active on the forum. :original:

I figured he would probably be much bigger there, given the French connection, among other things! It'll be interesting to see the contrast between a concert in the US vs Quebec, hence my wanting to go to both shows. Looking forward to meeting you and other fans, if it works out that way. :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Flower crown! And I’ve heard from @Sivanyou shouldn’t wear long sleeve shirts, or anything too warm for that matter, because it’s going to be super hot when dancing :biggrin2: 

Or at least wear layers.

Omg definitely short sleeve. You were not super hot at the amex gig???

Some useful info about the venue here:

https://roadrunnerboston.com/venue-info/

• What items are not permitted in the venue?
    • Weapons of any kind, including but not limited to:
      • Firearms (with or without permit)
      • Pocketknives, multi-tools, or knives of any size
      • Pepper Spray or Mace
      • Flares or Fireworks
    • Oversized bags (Bag larger than 14” x 14”, including all backpacks, briefcases, luggage, or duffle bags)
    • Illegal Substances
    • Outside Food and Beverage
    • Laser Pointers / flashlights greater than 3"
    • Professional cameras (anything with a detachable lens) or flash photography, tripods, monopods, selfie-sticks, or GoPros
    • Audio or Video recording devices
    • Signs larger than 11” x 17” or any sign attached to a stick or pole
    • Balloons, permanent markers, spray paint, silly string
    • Noisemaking devices (e.g. Air Horns, drums, whistles)
    • Large or pointed umbrellas
    • Hula Hoops
    • Pets, other than service animals; not to include comfort animals
    Do you have a coat or bag check?

Yes, there are two coat checks in the venue on a first come, first served basis

Is there re-entry?

Sorry, no. Roadrunner has a strict no re-entry policy. Once doors open for the concert and you enter the building, you must stay inside until you leave for the evening.

How do I get to the venue?

Roadrunner is located at 89 Guest St., Boston, MA 02135. Via public transportation, Take the Framingham/Worcester commuter rail line to Boston Landing or MBTA bus 57, 86, or 64. The Allston St and Harvard Ave stops of the B Green Line are approximately a 15 minute walk away. For more information visit www.mbta.com.

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

So ehm, maybe I’m the only one, but I’m just contemplating the idea of what IF after the concert we happen to bump into him… do you bring anything with you for him to possibly sign? 

Or are we just going to collectively gape at him and maybe get out a high pitched “Hi!” and hide behind eachother’s back? (This is what happened to me. I am speaking from 3 seconds of experience here :facepalm:)

I usually do bring something, juuuust in case he pops out after the gig to sign stuff. I'm packing super light (just a small backpack for Boston since I won't have anywhere to put a suitcase during the gig) so it'll have to be something small, flat, and light... i'm thinking a copy of his Topolino?

21 hours ago, Hero said:

On a related (ish) matter - have people got outfits planned? 

yeah, something practical for travel, definitely layers, something I don't mind getting blood, sweat, or tears on.

17 hours ago, Aki Celeste said:

Is anyone who's going to the Boston concert also going to Montreal the following weekend, or is it mostly a Boston-NYC deal for you guys? The Montreal thread seems pretty quiet, so I'm not quite sure what to expect there. Plus the venue is a lot bigger, with assigned seating. Hoping I get to make it to both concerts, in any case - that way I can have more than one opportunity to make an utter fool of myself in front of Mika:lol3:

I really wanted to do Montreal but since it's such a big venue I decided to skip it this time.

He's hopefully used to it by now, he has that effect on so so many people :lol3: That's what I tell myself after I make a fool of myself in front of him anyway

16 hours ago, Hero said:

Some useful info about the venue here:

https://roadrunnerboston.com/venue-info/

What items are not permitted in the venue?
  • Balloons, permanent markers, spray paint, silly string
  • Pets, other than service animals; not to include comfort animals
Do you have a coat or bag check?

Yes, there are two coat checks in the venue on a first come, first served basis

UGH so glad they finally updated their website with their rules! 

No "pets, other than service animals; not to include comfort animals"? Damn, my kitty is gonna be SO disappointed!! She was really looking forward to seeing Mika live.

"Do you have a coat or bag check?" GAH they don't actually answer if they have a bag check or not.

I was gonna bring a sharpie marker, just in case Mika doesn't have one after or something... might still try to sneak one in anyway. I've had nightmares of randomly meeting him and having nothing for him to sign an autograph with so I like to be prepared.

oops, there I go again talking like I'm definitely going to this gig too! I better just bite the bullet & book a flight.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, kreacher said:

I usually do bring something, juuuust in case he pops out after the gig to sign stuff. I'm packing super light (just a small backpack for Boston since I won't have anywhere to put a suitcase during the gig) so it'll have to be something small, flat, and light... i'm thinking a copy of his Topolino?

Thanks! I felt a bit awkward making plans about it, now at least I know I am not the only one :wink2:

34 minutes ago, kreacher said:

I was gonna bring a sharpie marker, just in case Mika doesn't have one after or something... might still try to sneak one in anyway. I've had nightmares of randomly meeting him and having nothing for him to sign an autograph with so I like to be prepared.

This is what I was thinking too… what if I came all prepared and there is no marker!!! Hopefully one of us will succeed and we can borrow eachother’s :biggrin2: (or he will just keep it, that’s fine, too :lol3:)

This is all just in case he comes out! I know it’s not a given, but it’s just really cool to dream about it….. ☺️ (and to come prepared!) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

I was gonna bring a sharpie marker, just in case Mika doesn't have one after or something... might still try to sneak one in anyway.

I think I'll bring a notepad and have him sign or write something there, it doesn't say that ballpoint pens are forbidden. :original:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Thanks! I felt a bit awkward making plans about it, now at least I know I am not the only one :wink2:

This is what I was thinking too… what if I came all prepared and there is no marker!!! Hopefully one of us will succeed and we can borrow eachother’s :biggrin2: (or he will just keep it, that’s fine, too :lol3:)

This is all just in case he comes out! I know it’s not a given, but it’s just really cool to dream about it….. ☺️ (and to come prepared!) 

Oh yeah, I figured I'll never see my sharpie again (IF he comes out after and IF he has no other marker and IF i remember to pull it out for him).

Yup, it's good to be prepared juuuuust in case. I know he doesn't owe it to us, and even if he does come out afterward it doesn't guarantee he'll sign any of our things (must keep reminding myself!). I've always considered the possibility of no one having anything for him to sign, I don't want him to feel neglected or something so that's why I always make an effort. :lol:

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, kreacher said:

Yup, it's good to be prepared juuuuust in case. I know he doesn't owe it to us, and even if he does come out afterward it doesn't guarantee he'll sign any of our things. I've always considered the possibility of no one having anything for him to sign, I don't want him to feel neglected or something. :lol:

These are my thoughts exactly! It would be amazing if it happens, it will still be amazing if it won’t, because we already had a great time dancing, singing and having fun during his concert :cheer: …..during a pandemic where we are allowed to forget everything else ☺️

Edited by holdingyourdrink
  • Like 3

Booked my flight to Boston! No flight booked out of Boston yet, that flight was more expensive so I might just take the bus. The timing is better for me anyway.

Nevermind, got my gig ticket!

....oh crap i probably should've got a gig ticket first. LOL how much would that suck for the gig to be sold out already?   Nevermind, got my gig ticket just fine!

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, kreacher said:

....oh crap i probably should've got a gig ticket first. LOL how much would that suck for the gig to be sold out already?

There are still tickets. :original:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kreacher said:

Booked my flight to Boston! No flight booked out of Boston yet, that flight was more expensive so I might just take the bus. The timing is better for me anyway.

Nevermind, got my gig ticket!

....oh crap i probably should've got a gig ticket first. LOL how much would that suck for the gig to be sold out already?   Nevermind, got my gig ticket just fine!

Yay! See you in Boston!!!

• Like 2

On 2/13/2022 at 9:28 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

Actually they don’t! They only want to know your first address that you’re staying at. So you have no reason anymore to procrastinate :biggrin2:

Yes, I'll do that now. I had actually thought that I was late booking things, but due to the Mikasoon announcements for SF and LA I even booked things too early. Why couldn't Mika stay with the Mikaearly? :naughty:

Will probably be the only thing I've done for the Rite of Spring Tour this weekend. :baghead:

20 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yes, I'll do that now. I had actually thought that I was late booking things, but due to the Mikasoon announcements for SF and LA I even booked things too early. Why couldn't Mika stay with the Mikaearly? :naughty:

Will probably be the only thing I've done for the Rite of Spring Tour this weekend. :baghead:

Don't worry, I've still loads to do. Other things keep popping up!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I have done 4 out of 7 steps, that will have to do for today. :original:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Prisca said:

Oh boy I know what you mean. With Boston being a day earlier I’m glad I had been procrastinating my domestic flights :biggrin2: but now slowly but surely, having only 40 days (!!!!) left, I think I need to look into those soon :facepalm:

What I haven’t been procrastinating? Packing! Haha! I have updated my pack list and will want to be as efficient as possible, so I got myself travel containers to put my necessities in, buying what I still need etc. I haven’t really thought about queueing yet and I think I need to prepare for that, too… like warm enough clothes, an umbrella, possibly rain coat, something to sit on etc :thumb_yello: 

I’m not an experienced queuer, any tips?? Anyone?? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I haven’t really thought about queueing yet and I think I need to prepare for that, too… like warm enough clothes, an umbrella, possibly rain coat, something to sit on etc :thumb_yello: 

I’m not an experienced queuer, any tips?? Anyone?? 

This is what I was wondering. Weather could be cold and wet, could be outside for some time - BUT we need to have minimal items with us (no bags larger than 14x14 inches, and who wants a bag bumping around while dancing?).

How does it work with the cloakroom? If we have to queue for that too, do we then lose the good spot we spent so long queuing for outside? Or is there an honour system in place for it too?