CANCELLED - 2022 - Mika @ Roadrunner, Boston - 2 April 2022

Mikasister

3 minutes ago, kreacher said:

You sure? at Verboten in 2015 the opening act was a boring lady DJ if I recall correctly, that was quite a painful half hour to wait through

Oh god. Hopefully that was a one off.

Maybe it was deliberate, he was playing with you all. Did you see him peeking and laughing? 😅

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Hero said:

Oh god. Hopefully that was a one off.

Maybe it was deliberate, he was playing with you all. Did you see him peeking and laughing? 😅

Maybe so 😆

I wouldn’t know, I’m sure I was zoned out & just staring into the middle distance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey all!! I’m new to the Mika fanclub and have never been to a Mika show before 👋👋

i wanted to post because I live in the area and actually went to a concert at roadrunner last week and thought I may be able to give some description if people want. It’s a VERY new venue though so I can’t promise that anything hasn’t changed up a bit in the last few days. I went to two shows and already they were adjusting things as they went. One thing I would say though is that the surrounding community is a little upset about the queuing so they were constantly trying different things to satisfy them and that could make things very challenging. For example they didn’t let us line up until 4:30pm the second night. They’ve had a few shows since so that could change too though. I am reaching out to see if they have a comment. It’s very confusing since they are a new venue. Also for parking if you are driving fyi it’s really only 2hr in that area, unless you pay for a garage. Also there is a grocery store right nearby so you can grab food or drinks or whatever you may need during day of. If you have any questions about set up inside the venue I’m happy to try to answer that too

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Birdsofaparadise said:

Hey all!! I’m new to the Mika fanclub and have never been to a Mika show before 👋👋

i wanted to post because I live in the area and actually went to a concert at roadrunner last week and thought I may be able to give some description if people want. It’s a VERY new venue though so I can’t promise that anything hasn’t changed up a bit in the last few days. I went to two shows and already they were adjusting things as they went. One thing I would say though is that the surrounding community is a little upset about the queuing so they were constantly trying different things to satisfy them and that could make things very challenging. For example they didn’t let us line up until 4:30pm the second night. They’ve had a few shows since so that could change too though. I am reaching out to see if they have a comment. It’s very confusing since they are a new venue. Also for parking if you are driving fyi it’s really only 2hr in that area, unless you pay for a garage. Also there is a grocery store right nearby so you can grab food or drinks or whatever you may need during day of. If you have any questions about set up inside the venue I’m happy to try to answer that too

Thank you so much for this info!

do you happen to have a pic of the outside? When I checked last week I couldn’t find a good pic & the google street view hasn’t been updated in years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kreacher said:

Thank you so much for this info!

do you happen to have a pic of the outside? When I checked last week I couldn’t find a good pic & the google street view hasn’t been updated in years.

Not really a good one of the outside. But if you go on Instagram and search roadrunner to look for posts with that place tagged there’s some. It’s glass outside. But everything inside of the building besides the venue is under construction. Very wide sidewalk in front, parallel street 2 hrs parking. It’s right across from warrior ice arena which is where the bruins (Boston hockey team) practice. Also across new balance HQ if you get cold and need to buy overpriced sweatshirt (that’s what a lot of people in line were doing on night one of the show I went to). 

15 minutes ago, Birdsofaparadise said:

Not really a good one of the outside. But if you go on Instagram and search roadrunner to look for posts with that place tagged there’s some. It’s glass outside. But everything inside of the building besides the venue is under construction. Very wide sidewalk in front, parallel street 2 hrs parking. It’s right across from warrior ice arena which is where the bruins (Boston hockey team) practice. Also across new balance HQ if you get cold and need to buy overpriced sweatshirt (that’s what a lot of people in line were doing on night one of the show I went to). 

ok thanks!

and yeah, I prolly will need to buy a sweater or sweatshirt or something. I tend to overestimate how warm I’ll be xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birdsofaparadise said:

I can actually concur, I just went by the Roadrunner and the sign was there that you’re not allowed to queue up to two hours before doors open.

Also took a pic from the outside.

F6128436-E544-4F79-97F6-1FB8F19AD472.jpeg

09A5B291-F11C-4557-9C62-542861C21892.jpeg

• Like 3

Security at the barricade was really good about giving waters out when I was there. Of course I didn’t want to risk needing to use the bathroom and losing my spot but if you are worried about dehydration at the barricade don’t be (unless that was exclusive to the artists I was seeing, but I doubt it). Also it’s a large venue to be just 1 GA section so please everyone be careful and safe of course

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I can actually concur, I just went by the Roadrunner and the sign was there that you’re not allowed to queue up to two hours before doors open.

Yeah when I went people camped out and it became a whole thing with the local community. So they wouldn’t allow it the next day. And I guess they are keeping that if those signs are still there. But if you’re in the area early there’s plenty of good food and whatnot but unfortunately Boston landing has sub par transit. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Lol if they tried that in London, there'd be a lot of pedestrian traffic during the day, and a sudden queue 2 hours before the doors open. :roftl:

2 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Was it the only one you could attend?

Yes, it’s the only show near me (I’m local to Boston) and I’m not able to take time off work to travel. I wish they would reschedule instead of cancel 😭 it is not common he tours near here. So sad I was really looking forward to it

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Birdsofaparadise said:

Yes, it’s the only show near me (I’m local to Boston) and I’m not able to take time off work to travel. I wish they would reschedule instead of cancel 😭 it is not common he tours near here. So sad I was really looking forward to it

:hug: 

I am sure he has Boston in mind and when he can, he will return and I hope it will be soon. 

• Like 3

So sorry to hear, big hug to every fan in Boston! :hug: Hope you all can still get together and have a good time.

Sending all my positive thoughts to Mika; hope he will recover soon (not Mika soon, but really soon).

• Like 3