CANCELLED - 2022 - Mika @ Roadrunner, Boston - 2 April 2022

Mikasister

48 minutes ago, Hero said:

How is everyone doing with their flower crowns? I've seen a couple I like online, but am not sure how easily they'd pack given I'm only using carry on. 

I've looked at a few online but haven't bought them yet. But I will definitely buy ones that are easy to pack and also don't break so quickly. :original:

53 minutes ago, Hero said:

How is everyone doing with their flower crowns? I've seen a couple I like online, but am not sure how easily they'd pack given I'm only using carry on. 

How big do you want yours to be :lol3: I have a big head but not THAT big :lol3: I can’t imagine yours being even bigger than mine! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

How big do you want yours to be :lol3: I have a big head but not THAT big :lol3: I can’t imagine yours being even bigger than mine!

:lmfao: I've not worn one before, I don't know how big they usually are and if they're solid or flexible.  Dunno, just, head sized! 

If you like, I'll bring my tape measure, we can compare sizes while queuing. :lol3:

• Haha 2

I don't really like flower crowns (I have one I got at a renaissance fair, it's scratchy & the flowers sometimes come off & get tangled up) and won't have much room in my suitcase. Instead I think I'll make a few flowers I can clip on to my hat or something, or maybe just buy a flowery hat.

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, kreacher said:

Instead I think I'll make a few flowers I can clip on to my hat or something, or maybe just buy a flowery hat.

I was wondering if there's somewhere local that we could get things, rather than having to pack them. 

Who is arriving April 1st and is up for having dinner together??

I will be arriving late afternoon and will go for a run: to get pent up energy out from travels and to explore the surroundings a little bit. It’s my way of exploring the city :wink2: 

Like many of us, I will be fighting jetlag… but don’t want to be fighting it by myself!! So a dinner with MFC friends sounds like the perfect way to keep eachother awake :biggrin2: who’s up for it? We all need to eat anyway :yes:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I will be arriving late afternoon and will go for a run: to get pent up energy out from travels and to explore the surroundings a little bit. It’s my way of exploring the city :wink2: 

Like many of us, I will be fighting jetlag… but don’t want to be fighting it by myself!! So a dinner with MFC friends sounds like the perfect way to keep eachother awake :biggrin2: who’s up for it? We all need to eat anyway :yes:

If the flight is on time, I won't land in Boston until 8.20 pm. Maybe I would join you later? smilie_denk_24.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Yep, I'll be there on 1st. Be nice to have you hold my drinks for me. :biggrin2:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

If the flight is on time, I won't land in Boston until 8.20 pm. Maybe I would join you later? smilie_denk_24.gif

Sivan will also by landing around that time. Let’s connect once you land and see where @Heroand I are hanging out! But she will have to pick up her phone, as I’m busy holding both our drinks :teehee:

6 minutes ago, Hero said:

Yep, I'll be there on 1st. Be nice to have you hold my drinks for me. :biggrin2:

It’s a date!!! :cheer:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Sivan will also by landing around that time. Let’s connect once you land and see where @Heroand I are hanging out! But she will have to pick up her phone, as I’m busy holding both our drinks :teehee:

It’s a date!!! :cheer:

I guess everyone who is interested should get in touch so we can do a WhatsApp group or something similar? :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 1:43 PM, Prisca said:

I guess everyone who is interested should get in touch so we can do a WhatsApp group or something similar? :dunno_grin:

A WhatsApp group would be good. 

The attendee list from the calendar event is:

Attendees

Prisca

holdingyourdrink

Hero

jknox1734

Marab  @Marab

Kaleyx33 @Kaleyx33

Sivan  @Sivan

Romy04 @Romy04

Adprice @Adprice

Anilado @Anilado

lyli21 @lyli21

kreacher  @kreacher

tiibet  @tiibet

Maybe

NaoMika  @NaoMika

Aki Celeste  @Aki Celeste

EDIT  -  hey everyone, I've set up a WhatsApp group for the Boston trip and concert. Let me know if you want adding (pm me) and I'll update this list to show you in green. :cool: :cheer:

Edited by Hero
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Prisca said:

Yes my plane is going to land at 8:45pm 🙈

• Like 1

For those traveling to the US for this and other gigs, President Biden has just extended the federal mask mandate for public transportation until April 18.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/transportation/2022/03/10/transportation-mask-requirement-air-travel/

So... even if the venues are allowing you to enter without masks, you will still need them to get around the country. Just an FYI. :thumb_yello:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Is anyone else planning to go directly to the Boston airport after the gig and post-gig waiting around for a Mika sighting? If so, maybe we could share an Uber or take public transit together or something? Or if anyone is going to South Station via Uber I'd split the cost with you, then I could take the silver line from there to the airport, or whatever or something. I've just crunching numbers and fretting again as usual and thought I throw this out there.

• Like 1

Y’all keep me updated on the Boston concert. I’m flying into NYC April 2 in the afternoon.  That evening I’m seeing a Broadway Show  at the Hudson theater in NYC The Plaza Suite starring Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick.  Sunday I’m going to try to get together with my cousin and family friend in NYC.  Monday I want to get to the Empire State building walk around Manhattan then have dinner with y’all between five and six and then Tuesday night Mika concert let me know if y’all want to get together before or after. Then I  fly home Wednesday morning April 6 around 10 AM.

Edited by MaureenG

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Who is worried about jetlag? For me (and others with me), it will be in the middle of the night during the concert. I now understand more and more why Mika has such melodic songs: we can’t fall asleep! We will be dancing!!!! 

I have no idea what to expect. Most likely extreme tiredness interspersed with bouts of extreme activity.  :lol3:  Although at home I tend to be a night owl, so maybe the time difference will make me 'normal' for a change. :dunno_grin: 

• Like 3

I know I totally understand. I was in Europe in July 2018 with my.church choir and we had to stay up and sing the next day it was night time in Houston. We sang at different cathedrals in Austria, Vienna, and Prague. My first time to Europe.

• Like 3