CANCELLED - 2022 - Mika @ Roadrunner, Boston - 2 April 2022

Mikasister

41 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Camille, salut!! That means that you’re not coming? 😞

No unfortunately, I initially bought tickets to both Boston and Brooklyn but I can't make it for several reasons.. :no:

• Sad 3

20 hours ago, dcdeb said:

So much queuing wisdom in Dee's post here, so I'm leaving it intact.

One of the key things she said: Security don't care. They really don't. I mean, you might find a nice guy or gal occasionally, but in general they seem to enjoy screwing with you, ESPECIALLY if you've been there all day. It's like they enjoy finding a way to make you further back. :annoyed:  Yes, I've been burned.

But luckily if you have enough familiar MFCers around, it will usually all work out.

I agree.... We need to take care of eachother. The security is not always fair. I remember one time I had to go pee right before going in and the security set up a barrier to align everyone better. When I came back he didn't want to let me in and we were like the first 5! But luckily my mfc buddies backed me up!

• Like 5

On 2/12/2022 at 10:16 AM, holdingyourdrink said:

For all fans outside of the US and Canada, please check what the requirements are for traveling to the US for 90 days or less. If your country is part of the Visa Waiver Programm and you are not in possession of a Tourist VISA, you need to apply for the ESTA. More information here: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov

You can apply up to 72 hours in advance and is valid for two years. Costs are under 20 USD. 

OK I had a delay while I sorted some other things out, but finally got around to this and I now have ESTA approval. :biggrin2: So I'm allowed to travel to the US. :pbjt: They might not let me in when I get there, but at least I'm allowed to try!

• Like 4

On 2/12/2022 at 2:39 PM, Hero said:

Yup, started my application yesterday and wow, don't they want to know everything! I keep expecting them to ask for my bra size and inside leg measurement. :naughty:

On 2/21/2022 at 12:02 AM, Prisca said:

I have done 4 out of 7 steps, that will have to do for today. :original:

On 3/1/2022 at 5:50 PM, Hero said:

OK I had a delay while I sorted some other things out, but finally got around to this and I now have ESTA approval. :biggrin2: So I'm allowed to travel to the US. :pbjt: They might not let me in when I get there, but at least I'm allowed to try!

You were faster than me. :lmfao:

I wanted to finish the application the day after I had done the first 4 steps, but I didn't get around to it. And last week I had an incident that turned the whole week upside down. :insane:

Yesterday, I wanted to continue where I had left off. But I couldn't, it had probably been too long. :sneaky2:

I started again and sent it off today. :biggrin2:America, I'm coming. :boing:

The way you behaved, I thought the form would be worse. :lmfao:

I probably found that they didn't ask that much because I always have to type so much in with new translation agencies. Fields of expertise, how many words of which field already translated (ok not all ask that :teehee:), for how many years already translated this field? Sometimes I think I should keep a log and write down all the words I have already translated and always write down when I have started a new field. :lmfao:

What services do you provide? Translating, interpreting, proofreading, postediting, subtitling, etc. How many do you want for it? Do you also do copywriting? How much do you want for it? I don't know, I've never done that. :hypo:

And the translation agencies may ask you for subjects you didn't specify and can't pay the price you specify anyway. :rolleyes:

So why do I spend so much time filling in all these details? :annoyed:

Welcome to my world. :lol3:

And I've already thought: they didn't ask me my favourite colour, but apart from that I believe everything. :lmfao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

You were faster than me. :lmfao:

I wanted to finish the application the day after I had done the first 4 steps, but I didn't get around to it. And last week I had an incident that turned the whole week upside down. :insane:

Yesterday, I wanted to continue where I had left off. But I couldn't, it had probably been too long. :sneaky2:

I started again and sent it off today. :biggrin2:America, I'm coming. :boing:

The way you behaved, I thought the form would be worse. :lmfao:

I probably found that they didn't ask that much because I always have to type so much in with new translation agencies. Fields of expertise, how many words of which field already translated (ok not all ask that :teehee:), for how many years already translated this field? Sometimes I think I should keep a log and write down all the words I have already translated and always write down when I have started a new field. :lmfao:

What services do you provide? Translating, interpreting, proofreading, postediting, subtitling, etc. How many do you want for it? Do you also do copywriting? How much do you want for it? I don't know, I've never done that. :hypo:

And the translation agencies may ask you for subjects you didn't specify and can't pay the price you specify anyway. :rolleyes:

So why do I spend so much time filling in all these details? :annoyed:

Welcome to my world. :lol3:

And I've already thought: they didn't ask me my favourite colour, but apart from that I believe everything. :lmfao:

Just got the message that my authorization has been approved. :lustslow:

• Like 4

On 2/23/2022 at 12:03 PM, camille* said:

No unfortunately, I initially bought tickets to both Boston and Brooklyn but I can't make it for several reasons.. :no:

Quel dommage Camille ! 😕

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Currently unavailable. smilie_denk_14.gif

grafik.thumb.png.dbd4a05f262ad07ab2463627bcb33e7f.png

Probably better, then I don't have to think about spending money. :lol3:

:lol3: I *would* be brave, but I’ve had three kids, my belly is a mess 🙈

And currently unavailable..I think all the other MFCers must have bought them! It will be a sea of flowery bustiers :teehee:

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

:lol3: I *would* be brave, but I’ve had three kids, my belly is a mess 🙈

And currently unavailable..I think all the other MFCers must have bought them! It will be a sea of flowery bustiers :teehee:

Wouldn't that look great with the flower crowns too! :fangurl:

BTW my tummy is also a mess. But that's mostly chocolate. :naughty:

• Haha 2

Just now, krysady said:

Weird, for me it is available :dunno_grin:

Screenshot (277).png

Have you tried doing it in the shopping cart? Only then did it tell me that it was not available. :original:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

Have you tried doing it in the shopping cart? Only then did it tell me that it was not available. :original:

I did it now and you're right, not available anymore :no: 

• Thanks 1

Maybe I should’ve asked this way sooner, but does the US accept the digital EU COVID certificate (as per app) as such? I know for US citizens traveling to Europe for the Paris Philharmonic gigs, they had to apply for an EU QR code in advance, but is it the same vice versa?

Found it! On this website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html#vaccine-proof

The EU COVID QR code is valid for travel to and within the US.

Edited by holdingyourdrink
Found my own answer!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Maybe I should’ve asked this way sooner, but does the US accept the digital EU COVID certificate (as per app) as such? I know for US citizens traveling to Europe for the Paris Philharmonic gigs, they had to apply for an EU QR code in advance, but is it the same vice versa?

Found it! On this website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html#vaccine-proof

The EU COVID QR code is valid for travel to and within the US.

And it says the NHS pass is accepted from the UK. I hadn't thought about that! Thank you!