CANCELLED - 2022 - Mika @ Roadrunner, Boston - 2 April 2022

Mikasister

17 minutes ago, Hero said:

I have no idea what to expect. Most likely extreme tiredness interspersed with bouts of extreme activity.  :lol3:  Although at home I tend to be a night owl, so maybe the time difference will make me 'normal' for a change. :dunno_grin: 

Well yes, this :biggrin2: whatever we do: WE SHALL NOT SIT DOWN. 
Maybe on the first when we see eachother for dinner, we should consider doing a dancing dinner :lol3:

16 minutes ago, MaureenG said:

I know I totally understand. I was in Europe in July 2018 with my.church choir and we had to stay up and sing the next day it was night time in Houston. We sang at different cathedrals in Austria, Vienna, and Prague. My first time to Europe.

That sounds lovely! However that was a hard time adjusting, since you were traveling east. I personally find it much harder to adjust than when I’m traveling west (which will be the case for me). My biological clock will just think I’m pulling an all-nighter! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Who is worried about jetlag? For me (and others with me), it will be in the middle of the night during the concert. I now understand more and more why Mika has such melodic songs: we can’t fall asleep! We will be dancing!!!! 

I'm telling you.... You will be on a Mika and mfc high... No problem

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Well yes, this :biggrin2: whatever we do: WE SHALL NOT SIT DOWN. 
Maybe on the first when we see eachother for dinner, we should consider doing a dancing dinner :lol3:

That sounds lovely! However that was a hard time adjusting, since you were traveling east. I personally find it much harder to adjust than when I’m traveling west (which will be the case for me). My biological clock will just think I’m pulling an all-nighter! 

You know I didn't sleep the whole 4 days in Paris.... Maybe about 6 hours total...I was delirious but somehow I remember a lot of the trip and how amazing it was! Lol

• Haha 4

Currently dealing with a very boring and intrusive but necessary part of planning an overseas trip - travel insurance. 😴 You'd think they could make the policy documents a little more user friendly! 🙄 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Hero said:

Currently dealing with a very boring and intrusive but necessary part of planning an overseas trip - travel insurance. 😴 You'd think they could make the policy documents a little more user friendly! 🙄 

:itsok:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hero said:

I know, 1st world problems. :aah: 

Oh, I also need to read through whether I'm covered for North America, I'm not looking forward to that either. :lol3:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Oh, I also need to read through whether I'm covered for North America, I'm not looking forward to that either. :lol3:

I'm taking out a year's cover, as with all the trips planned so far it's better value. Surprising how much the cost jumps when you say you're going to the USA!  

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 12:26 PM, Sivan said:

I'm telling you.... You will be on a Mika and mfc high... No problem

She's not kidding, the high is real. After Mika gigs I can't usually sleep, even when i want to.

But if for some reason you're immune or something :freak:, there's always caffeine.

I've never experienced jetlag, but this article has helpful sounding tips https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/165339#treatment

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

She's not kidding, the high is real. After Mika gigs I can't usually sleep, even when i want to.

This is true, @Sivanwas absolutely sleep deprived, but full of energy all the time! It was insane! 

I am going with the flow and see where this Mika high takes me on your side of the pond. Can’t wait ☺️

• Like 5

On 3/14/2022 at 12:04 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

This is true, @Sivanwas absolutely sleep deprived, but full of energy all the time! It was insane! 

I am going with the flow and see where this Mika high takes me on your side of the pond. Can’t wait ☺️

Yeah you guys were ready to sleep and I was ready to do an all nighter 🤪

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Oh no! What happened? 

My fault, I thought the pre-flight covid test could be done within 3 days. Turns out it's no more than 1 day before departure. Eek! :yikes:I've booked a test slot at the airport, but to be there on time I need to rearrange my trains and leave earlier than planned, which bumps the taxi and taking Martha to the cattery which only opens mid morning and is in the opposite direction to the train station... :insane:

I'll sit down tomorrow and look at the timings properly, my heads too frazzled now.  If need be I might have to take her to the cattery the previous afternoon, but didn't really want to do that. Hopefully I can sort the trains out.

Annoying thing is, the flight is at 8.15pm. They advise check in 3 hours before departure, so 5.15pm. The covid test takes up to 40 minutes, and they advise booking a slot early enough to get your result at least an hour before check in. So result by 4.15pm, minus 40 minutes for the test, I had to book a 3.20pm slot. For a flight 5 hours later!

I think I'm going to know terminal 3 quite well after this. :facepalm:

37 minutes ago, Hero said:

They advise check in 3 hours before departure, so 5.15pm.

Isn't there perhaps the possibility of doing the check-in online?  :dunno_grin:

That would save you time.

And if you're only there two hours before the flight, maybe that would be enough? You only have hand luggage... :dunno_grin:

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

Isn't there perhaps the possibility of doing the check-in online?  :dunno_grin:

That would save you time.

And if you're only there two hours before the flight, maybe that would be enough? You only have hand luggage... :dunno_grin:

Oh yes, good call! I think there was an online check in option, I'll have a look. 

• Like 2

For those of you going to this gig, not sure if you saw my Insta post, but the venue officially opened last night and posted some videos of the interior. Thought you might be interested:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/roadrunnerboston/2794853736481386801/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Hero said:

Annoying thing is, the flight is at 8.15pm. They advise check in 3 hours before departure, so 5.15pm. The covid test takes up to 40 minutes, and they advise booking a slot early enough to get your result at least an hour before check in. So result by 4.15pm, minus 40 minutes for the test, I had to book a 3.20pm slot. For a flight 5 hours later!

I think I'm going to know terminal 3 quite well after this. :facepalm:

I hope it all works out :hug:

• Thanks 1

Ahh, just realised I should take a letter from my doctor detailing my prescription medicine. Hope they can do it in time. Not that it'll stop me going, but it'd be good to have at the border control. 

In 2 days I've gone from being organised and chilled to ohs**tohs**tohs**t.....!!!!!! :squirrel:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hero said:

In 2 days I've gone from being organised and chilled to ohs**tohs**tohs**t.....!!!!!! :squirrel:

From that point of view, it's not bad that there are still two weeks until Boston. :hug:

• Like 1

In two weeks.... I'm on a plane to NYC!

And a few hours later on a plane to Boston.

I AM SO READY!!!! I even updated my packing list and since I am only carrying hand luggage, even got all the miniature versions of liquids I am allowed to take with me. So that's ready to go as well. Am I excited? I am excited!!!! Are you???

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

In two weeks.... I'm on a plane to NYC!

And a few hours later on a plane to Boston.

I AM SO READY!!!! I even updated my packing list and since I am only carrying hand luggage, even got all the miniature versions of liquids I am allowed to take with me. So that's ready to go as well. Am I excited? I am excited!!!! Are you???

I still can't believe we are doing this so soon :blink:

• Like 3

On 3/15/2022 at 2:28 PM, Hero said:

My fault, I thought the pre-flight covid test could be done within 3 days. Turns out it's no more than 1 day before departure. Eek! :yikes:I've booked a test slot at the airport, but to be there on time I need to rearrange my trains and leave earlier than planned, which bumps the taxi and taking Martha to the cattery which only opens mid morning and is in the opposite direction to the train station... :insane:

I'll sit down tomorrow and look at the timings properly, my heads too frazzled now.  If need be I might have to take her to the cattery the previous afternoon, but didn't really want to do that. Hopefully I can sort the trains out.

I had to do the test 24 hours before our trip to Brazil and also to com back. we found places to do that with result on time but it IS stressful! the thing is now cases are down so its easier for them to process faster. good luck! 

I would try to find a place to do it the day before and then do it at the airport if I dont get the result on time.