Mika Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, website updates - 2022

Mikasister

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

No weird filters on the walkies pic. :naughty:. But there's enough versions of him for everyone. Like Michelle says, it's all him. 

For you:

1irpcFHi.jpg.b0e016c4a765133e6cda4d22229a895f.thumb.jpg.c8fb7ea3cecbc6e453038c4b7bc02d53.jpg.7ef3cbc3e7f35036d1936526ac531e80.jpg

:swoon:

Thank you! :huglove:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hm weird, I thought I had posted a reply here earlier, but seems it didn't go through. Anyway I agree with @Mikasister that I like the pic with the fluffy curls much better, but also with @holdingyourdrink that it's all him, I love how versatile he is. The straight hairstyle makes him look even skinnier than he already is, but it definitely fit to the occasion. Super styled, super rich people, skinny models, pomp and glamour. Reminds me of his speech to us in Montreal 2015, about how his fans accompany him for these different occasions (ok maybe not a dinner for 6,000€ per place, but for the symphonic gigs, in this case).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mellody said:

Hm weird, I thought I had posted a reply here earlier, but seems it didn't go through. Anyway I agree with @Mikasister that I like the pic with the fluffy curls much better, but also with @holdingyourdrink that it's all him, I love how versatile he is. The straight hairstyle makes him look even skinnier than he already is, but it definitely fit to the occasion. Super styled, super rich people, skinny models, pomp and glamour. Reminds me of his speech to us in Montreal 2015, about how his fans accompany him for these different occasions (ok maybe not a dinner for 6,000€ per place, but for the symphonic gigs, in this case).

This is exactly the video that I had in mind when I wrote my previous entry. He embraces both our and his own versatility and I really love that. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

Thanks for the video. Now I know why I don't like his look there because I can't stand  Super styled, super rich people, skinny models, pomp and glamour.:naughty:

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, mellody said:

Hm weird, I thought I had posted a reply here earlier, but seems it didn't go through. Anyway I agree with @Mikasister that I like the pic with the fluffy curls much better, but also with @holdingyourdrink that it's all him, I love how versatile he is. 

That's so lovely!😍

Was that the one that was a very last minute decision? With a mad rush around to let everyone know? Worth it. :biggrin2:

14 minutes ago, Hero said:

That's so lovely!😍

Was that the one that was a very last minute decision? With a mad rush around to let everyone know? Worth it. :biggrin2:

The M&G? Um, I don't know, basically all his "organized" M&G's are last minute decisions. :teehee: Well, with a few exceptions. Cernobbio was kinda pre-planned, and also Colmar 2013 - while in Avenches 2013 and at this one in Montreal we only found out during the gig. Mika is not only versatile, but also very spontaneous. :naughty: Full of surprises in any way. :dunno_grin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

One of the things I fell in love with when I met him in 2009 was the way he dressed  so differently from all the other artists I had seen until then. Those suspenders those tight pants those converse and those crazy curls *sigh* I was totallly :drool: :naughty: I miss these old days. I know he must evolve but still... 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Se ve tan hermoso con ese atuendo más que con los trajes de valentino.

:nube:  :fangurl:

310953416_1202266323964614_5347461066343613909_n.jpg

Yes! Mika looks so beautiful in that photo, I like him a lot, just like at the gala party hahaha is so the

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mikasister said:

Funny that it says 2 hours ago, I've definitely looked on IG several times since then and it only appeared now. 😅 But sweet of Mika to share his evening activities with us. :wub2:  So apparently he's in Paris.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Here is the program.

Théâtre des Champs-Elysées

https://www.theatrechampselysees.fr/en/season-2022-2023/dance-1/english-national-ballet-1

English National Ballet

Tamara Rojo

TranscenDanses

Akram Khan’s enthralling re-imagining of the romantic ballet as a grandiose vista of the state of the world.

• Wednesday 12 October 7:30 PM
  • Thursday 13 October 7:30 PM
  • Friday 14 October 7:30 PM
  • Saturday 15 October 2:30 PM

Cast

GISELLE

• Akram Khan | direction and choreography
  • Tim Yip | visual design and costumes
  • Vincenzo Lamagna | composition and sound design, based on the original score by Adolphe Adam
  • Mark Henderson | lights
  • Ruth Little | dramaturgy
  • Gavin Sutherland | sound orchestration

Dancers

• Tamara Rojo, Isaac Hernández (12 &14 october)
  • Erina Takahashi, James Streeter (13 october)
  • Fernanda Oliveira, Aitor Arrieta (15 october)

Recorded music

To read

In 2016, Tamara Rojo commissioned the talented Akram Khan to rework Giselle for the English National Ballet.

With a dual culture of classical Indian Kathak and contemporary dance, Akram Khan has always been a magician of the fusion of genres Here the choreographer gives a very personal vision of this romantic masterpiece, keeping the pointes and their magical grace, but without the tutus. Totally contemporary without being iconoclastic, he takes his inspiration from all the traditions and gives English National Ballet a new, modern and exciting setting. The important thing is not so much the intrigue nor the psychology of the protagonists but the formal and emotional quality of the choreography, with this corps de ballet showing a large range of movements, splendid duets or solos which develop dynamic flows. The iconic love story stuns with powerful images and mesmerising choreography. This new version of Giselle, enhanced by Vincenzo Lamagna’s new musical composition and the quality of English National Ballet’s dancers, has created a sensation in London and on many international stages. There is no doubt that Akram Khan’s Giselle, performed among others by Tamara Rojo and included in the English National Ballet’s repertoire, will also delight the Parisian public!

Coproduction Productions Internationales Albert Sarfati / Théâtre des Champs-Elysées
Coproduction Manchester International Festival / Sadler’s Wells
Avec le soutien de France TV et de France Inter

BOOK - https://www.calameo.com/books/00426389153014a08800c

621cb3b44a4f6538563478.thumb.jpg.514382e97729ef7894592dd402e1262e.jpg

621cb3b44ae4b288020598.thumb.jpg.d0f05f88060124f039dc66253d04cbc7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, krysady said:

Working on the movie score! Or at least putting it together it seems ☺️

And his finger injury seems to be a little more serious when it’s still in bandages. I can only imagine he keeps flipping off people to show it’s still not healed :aah:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

And his finger injury seems to be a little more serious when it’s still in bandages. I can only imagine he keeps flipping off people to show it’s still not healed :aah:

I feared it is quite serious since the first time we saw his bulky bandage and now it's been more than 2 weeks since then. I hope it'll be healed for London, if he'll have to play piano.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, krysady said:

I feared it is quite serious since the first time we saw his bulky bandage and now it's been more than 2 weeks since then. I hope it'll be healed for London, if he'll have to play piano.

Actually we are not sure it he will play piano in London. 

But anyway it's really bad if he wears the bandage for this long. 

17 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Eigenlijk weten we niet zeker of hij piano zal spelen in Londen. 

Maar hoe dan ook, het is heel erg als hij het verband zo lang draagt. 

He doesn't look very happy in the video...:crybaby:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Working on the movie score! Or at least putting it together it seems ☺️

Ah, good point! I thought at first that he might have recorded a music video, but you're probably right that it's for the movie, as it sounds like symphonic music.

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Oh no, I just hope they won't have to postpone London because of that, and that's why we still don't have news about tickets? :tears:

I really wonder what he did... if it's broken, he probably would have a cast around his whole hand/wrist, to keep it immobile, and not just a bandage? Tho, who knows, different doctors might handle that in different ways. Maybe he ripped off a fingernail? That's nasty and takes a while to heal. I don't know if it could be a cut, wouldn't even a deep one have healed enough after 2 weeks, so a plaster would be enough to cover it? :dunno: I've had all 3 of these issues on my fingers or toes at some point, so I'm trying to figure it out from my own experience, lol! 😅 As the bandage is also on his fingertip, I vote for the ripped off nail as the most likely theory. Ouch. :sad:

Anyway, I hope he recovers soon. :huglove:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Actually we are not sure it he will play piano in London. 

Wasn't the program of the evening the one they posted and they deleted it? I thought it's clear that Mika will play Grace Kelly and Happy Ending on the piano :dunno:

59 minutes ago, mellody said:

Oh no, I just hope they won't have to postpone London because of that, and that's why we still don't have news about tickets? :tears:

Oh, I didn't think of that :sad:  

You're right, it can't be a simple cut... maybe a burn or an accident while doing his exercises? Who knows, I hope it's nothing too serious to require the London postponing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I thought at first that he might have recorded a music video, but you're probably right that it's for the movie, as it sounds like symphonic music.

It's for the movie for sure, you can see a camel on that screen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fenny said:

He doesn't look very happy in the video...:crybaby:

20 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Yes not looking good :no:

Maybe the camels are haunting him in his dreams, if he has to watch each scene of that movie 50 times. 😅🙈 I can imagine that this isn't the most thrilling part of his job. :dunno_grin:

• Haha 4