Eurovision 2022 - national entries

silver

I expect the winner to be from Ukraine, Sweden, Greece, Poland or possibly UK (though I am not into the song at all).

I'd like the Czech Republic, Estonia and Portugal entries to do well too.

But I'd be happy for anybody to win except Norway. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I've watched the rehearsal video. They announced the winner.

But I think that result can still change because the public will be voting during the show.

Anyway I was surprised by the places of many countries (Poland for example).

Oh, I thought that this is a simulation and the results are not for real :shocked:

Edit: Yes, this is all fake, those results are only for simulation. They did the same for the both semifinals.

Edited by krysady

32 minutes ago, krysady said:

Oh, I thought that this is a simulation and the results are not for real :shocked:

Edit: Yes, this is all fake, those results are only for simulation. They did the same for the both semifinals.

For the semifinal rehearsals  the results were real - there were votes from judges from all countries.

Then during the show the public was voting and the list of finalists changed a little.

I am not sure how it is organized for the finals rehearsal. Where the votes come from.

Do the judges vote again?

But the difference between the winner and the last places was huge!

14 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Do the judges vote again?

But the difference between the winner and the last places was huge!

I think the votes of the judges are already received but not revealed, and they only use some random numbers for the rehearsals. And I think they did the same for the semifinals, but not sure... maybe someone who was there knows more.

15 minutes ago, krysady said:

And I think they did the same for the semifinals, but not sure... maybe someone who was there knows more.

Mika explained this what I said above. During the semifinals rehearsals they had judges votes. And at the end of live they added the public votes.

41 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

For the semifinal rehearsals  the results were real - there were votes from judges from all countries.

Then during the show the public was voting and the list of finalists changed a little.

Just checked and it was as well fake, they couldn't announce the winners one day before. At the rehearsals results you can see on the qualified list Latvia, Georgia, Ireland, San Marino, but they are not in the final. Here's the two lists from the semifinals rehearsals, Ukraine is not even on the list:

Screenshot (311).png

Screenshot (312).png

Edited by krysady

13 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Mika explained this what I said above. During the semifinals rehearsals they had judges votes. And at the end of live they added the public votes.

Yes, but they didn't show the real votes, it was only a rehearsal to prepare the  live show.

Btw, Laura said during the final's rehearsal that everything is fake :wink2:

Edited by krysady

2 minutes ago, krysady said:

Yes, but they didn't show the real votes, it was only a rehearsal to prepare the  live show.

Yes, it was not shown.

I replayed the interview with Mika.

So the addition is made like this: 50% of the judges votes during "rehearsal" plus 50% of the audience votes during the live.

But this was for the qualification to the finals. 

In case of tie they will take the best result of the public votes.

So actually Mika didn't say anything about the final rules.

But if I recall during the live the judges votes are broadcast directly form each country. So it looks like the rehearsal result we can watch on the video is fake.

In case of tie they will take in consideration the best result of the public votes.

42 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

But if I recall during the live the judges votes are broadcast directly form each country. So it looks like the rehearsal result we can watch on the video is fake.

Exactly, and those two lists with the qualified countries from the semi-rehearsals are fake too. They even simulated the start and ending voting from the audience, which was not happened for real, and made up a list randomly. 

Then during the live semifinals they counted the real votes from the jury and the real votes from the audience. 

Only tonight we'll see the real results, it's a 4 hours show!

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1

Well, at least I got to here Greece before she called me away again!!!!

Back just to see the end of Sweden.  So that means I missed 2 of my 3  favourite songs :hair:

1 hour ago, silver said:

Does the French song sound off-key to you?  :dunno:

Never payed attention to it, it's not one of my favs

43 minutes ago, silver said:

I missed Ukraine  :crybaby:

My mother called me just before they were due on - how did they do?

They did well, and the audience was very supportive :thumb_yello:

At the end they said Mariupol and Azovstal need help, quite emotional..

Edited by krysady

Happy for Ukraine , just hope now that they will be able to host the competition next year.

I liked the Portugal and Netherland girls as well . Didn't like the Spanish one at all .

Serbia was interresting .

I felt a bit desappointed that so many countries had an English song....except GB and Australia of course

For me it doesn't make sense 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, carafon said:

I felt a bit desappointed that so many countries had an English song....except GB and Australia of course

For me it doesn't make sense 

The one time we had a song in Czech, we finished last with only 1 point (in the semifinal). Since then nobody wants a Czech song because of that, that's the reality. We always had the best results with English songs. 

Edited by giraffeandy

I'm quite sad that many people think Ukraine only won because of the war. I saw people complaining on Twitter and saying the public was pity voting for them. I mean, I get it, it had an effect but I genuinely think they had a good song and deserve it. Someone even wrote they shouldn't participate in the first place when they are in war and got a ton of likes for the comment... What's wrong with people! :sad:

I didn't like the Spanish song at all and I'm really glad it didn't win (even though I actually do like Spanish music a lot but I found this song really overrated, it was so generic...). The UK song was solid but I didn't love it either. I really liked Sweden and Italy (Italian songs never disappoint at Eurovision, Italy is always among my favourite ones). So my top 3 was probably Sweden, Italy and Ukraine.

I have to say that I was hoping for a better position for the Czech song too because this year I think we had one of the best songs in our history but I guess starting the show didn't do us a favour...

On the other hand, I was really shocked how well Moldova did! For me, it was probably the worst song of the night but they got so many points... :confused: They even finished 3rd in the Czech voting (after Ukraine and Serbia). Sometimes the results leave me just speechless. :lmfao:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

The one time we had a song in Czech, we finished last with only 1 point (in the semifinal). Since then nobody wants a Czech song because of that, that's the reality. We always had the best results with English songs. 

I understand , but at on the other hand , it doesn't look like this strategy worked for Germany or Belgium for exemple.

On the other hand Spain , Italy , Serbia or Netherland had a pretty good ranking with their own language . And Ukrain as well , even if their situation was special

For me the ranking of France doesn't result from the language's choice but because the song was not good enough .