Eurovision 2022 - national entries

silver

Well, I've listened again to Switzerland's entry, but although the words are quite touching, the song is so dreary.  I don't think it will score very highly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver said:

Well, I've listened again to Switzerland's entry, but although the words are quite touching, the song is so dreary.  I don't think it will score very highly.

We will see. :original:

12 hours ago, silver said:

I think the same, for Eurovision the lyrics are not so important, but you need a memorable melodic line. 

The Swiss entry sounds more like a movie soundtrack to me.

OFFICIAL RECAP: All 40 songs of the Eurovision Song Contest 2022

• 00:00 🇦🇱 Albania: Ronela Hajati - Sekret
  • 00:33 🇦🇲 Armenia: Rosa Linn - Snap
  • 01:07 🇦🇺 Australia: Sheldon Riley - Not The Same
  • 01:39 🇦🇹 Austria: LUM!X feat. Pia Maria - Halo
  • 02:08 🇦🇿 Azerbaijan: Nadir Rustamli - Fade To Black
  • 02:46 🇧🇪 Belgium: Jérémie Makiese - Miss You
  • 03:21 🇧🇬 Bulgaria: Intelligent Music Project - Intention
  • 03:58 🇭🇷 Croatia: Mia Dimšić - Guilty Pleasure
  • 04:33 🇨🇾 Cyprus: Andromache - Ela
  • 05:05 🇨🇿 Czech Republic: We Are Domi - Lights Off
  • 05:37 🇩🇰 Denmark: REDDI - The Show
  • 06:07 🇪🇪 Estonia: Stefan - Hope
  • 06:39 🇫🇮 Finland: The Rasmus - Jezebel
  • 07:12 🇫🇷 France: Alvan & Ahez - Fulenn
  • 07:48 🇬🇪 Georgia: Circus Mircus - Lock Me In
  • 08:22 🇩🇪 Germany: Malik Harris - Rockstars
  • 08:54 🇬🇷 Greece: Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord - Die Together
  • 09:21 🇮🇸 Iceland: Systur - Með Hækkandi Sól
  • 09:55 🇮🇪 Ireland: Brooke - That’s Rich
  • 10:27 🇮🇱 Israel: Michael Ben David - I.M
  • 11:02 🇮🇹 Italy: Mahmood & Blanco - Brividi
  • 11:35 🇱🇻 Latvia: Citi Zēni - Eat Your Salad
  • 12:09 🇱🇹 Lithuania: Monika Liu - Sentimentai
  • 12:40 🇲🇹 Malta: Emma Muscat - I Am What I Am
  • 13:10 🇲🇩 Moldova: Zdob şi Zdub & Frații Advahov - Trenulețul
  • 13:43 🇲🇪 Montenegro: Vladana - Breathe
  • 14:21🇳🇱 Netherlands: S10 - De Diepte
  • 14:52 🇲🇰 North Macedonia: Andrea - Circles
  • 15:20 🇳🇴 Norway: Subwoolfer - Give That Wolf A Banana
  • 15:52 🇵🇱 Poland: Ochman - River
  • 16:26 🇵🇹 Portugal: MARO - Saudade Saudade
  • 17:01 🇷🇴 Romania: WRS - Llámame
  • 17:34 🇸🇲 San Marino: Achille Lauro - Stripper
  • 18:03 🇷🇸 Serbia: Konstrakta - In Corpore Sano
  • 18:35 🇸🇮 Slovenia: LPS - Disko
  • 19:07 🇪🇸 Spain: Chanel - SloMo
  • 19:44 🇸🇪 Sweden: Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer
  • 20:15 🇨🇭 Switzerland: Marius Bear - Boys Do Cry
  • 20:48 🇺🇦 Ukraine: Kalush Orchestra - Stefania
  • 21:21 🇬🇧 United Kingdom: Sam Ryder - SPACE MAN

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone! :bye:

Since many MFC members are probably going to watch Eurovision this year, I’d like to introduce you to a ESC-related game that a group of Italian Sanremo fans have created and that had a huuuuge success during the last Sanremo festival. Apparently it started as a game between friends, but then many many people joined the game and they actually got sponsored by Sky and other important names. And so they decided to do it for Eurovision as well!

It’s called FantaEurovision (FantaSanremo was the Sanremo version) and it’s like Fantasy football, but it’s completely free and open to everyone!

You just need to register on their website and create a team of 5 ESC competing artists and choose a captain.

Then, during ESC nights, you’ll receive points based on what your team’s artists do or say on stage.

The competition is among all registered users but you can also create smaller competitions between friends - maybe we could create a MFC competition? 

Here’s their website https://fantaeurovision.com/eng/

and here’s the game rules in Italian, English, French (I actually did the French translation 🤪) and they’ll be soon available in Spanish and German as well : https://fantaeurovision.com/eng/rulebook 

I suggest you to read them, its really fun, you’ll see! 

Edited by virgi
  • Like 3

On 3/31/2022 at 5:45 PM, virgi said:

they’ll be soon available in Spanish and German as well

Just to let you know that Spanish and German are now available of you're interested! 

On 3/31/2022 at 4:45 PM, virgi said:

Hi everyone! :bye:

Since many MFC members are probably going to watch Eurovision this year, I’d like to introduce you to a ESC-related game that a group of Italian Sanremo fans have created and that had a huuuuge success during the last Sanremo festival. Apparently it started as a game between friends, but then many many people joined the game and they actually got sponsored by Sky and other important names. And so they decided to do it for Eurovision as well!

It’s called FantaEurovision (FantaSanremo was the Sanremo version) and it’s like Fantasy football, but it’s completely free and open to everyone!

You just need to register on their website and create a team of 5 ESC competing artists and choose a captain.

Then, during ESC nights, you’ll receive points based on what your team’s artists do or say on stage.

The competition is among all registered users but you can also create smaller competitions between friends - maybe we could create a MFC competition? 

Here’s their website https://fantaeurovision.com/eng/

and here’s the game rules in Italian, English, French (I actually did the French translation 🤪) and they’ll be soon available in Spanish and German as well : https://fantaeurovision.com/eng/rulebook 

I suggest you to read them, its really fun, you’ll see! 

It all looks very complicated.  Do you have to keep track of the points yourself or is it done for you?

On 4/2/2022 at 4:11 PM, silver said:

It all looks very complicated.  Do you have to keep track of the points yourself or is it done for you?

Sorry for the late reply, I don't know why I didn't see the notification...

Anyway, you just have to register and create your own team (I think inscription will open this week). Then all the points will be awarded by the creators of the game after each night, so you only have to check on the website how you are ranked/how many points you got the next morning. 

Edited by virgi

Totally forgot that I haven't listened to the most recently shared songs 😅

I like Armenia's entry, quite a relatable song for me, but I think Israel's entry is my new favourite! If they copy the music video on stage I can definitely see it appealing to a lot of people! 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm coming down to Greece, Poland, Sweden and Ukraine.

I think Ukraine will probably win the popular vote.  Italy are apparently second favourites, though I don't rate the song at all :dunno:

My personal favourite is Greece, I hope it makes the top 5.

2 hours ago, silver said:

I'm coming down to Greece, Poland, Sweden and Ukraine.

I think Ukraine will probably win the popular vote.  Italy are apparently second favourites, though I don't rate the song at all :dunno:

My personal favourite is Greece, I hope it makes the top 5.

Come on, where's the love for Norway? :wink2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

UK viewers can't vote in tomorrow's semi final :sad:  but I hope Greece and Ukraine go through.

The first semi is quite strong, but I expect these to get through to the final:

Armenia, Greece, Portugal, Ukraine, Norway (alas), and probably Netherlands, Switzerland.  Take your pick from the rest (though the Moldovan song is so mad it might pick up votes).

I should point out that I am pretty rubbish at picking Eurovision winners :naughty:

You never know how the juries will judge the songs or what criteria they use.

And of course when it comes to the public vote, most of them will be hearing the songs for the first time.  There's a tendency to be influenced by the staging rather than the song.  Plus the age range of the audience comes into play so novelty songs tend to get high votes.

19 hours ago, silver said:

UK viewers can't vote in tomorrow's semi final :sad:

Why?

19 hours ago, silver said:

Armenia, Greece, Portugal, Ukraine, Norway (alas), and probably Netherlands, Switzerland.  Take your pick from the rest (though the Moldovan song is so mad it might pick up votes).

Just watched the rehearsals of the first semifinal and I liked Greece, Armenia, Switzerland and Denmark the most.  Also I like Moldova because that band is very ironic and crazy, they are famous for their shows. 

And Ukraine should have a place in the final without questions, would be a symbolic declaration.