MIKA in UK Press - 2022

dcdeb

BBC World

15 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

A fan from UK told me that Mika will be in BBC2 radio between 11am and 13pm CET

Even now they play Sam Ryder's song Spaceman 

I don't know what about BBC Breakfast. If it's TV I don't have access.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_two

image.png.8c2a1eee991f48fa374553729cabaea8.png

Twitter

mikasounds

Catch me at 10:30 BST on @BBCNews@BBCWorld!!!

Thank you

@AnnitaBBC❤ for having me on @BBCWorld

so sorry about the connection loss at the end!! See you tomorrow eve @Eurovision

❤❤❤🙏🌞

Finally we got the video ! :yay:

1/2

2/2

But, unfortunately I can't download the video... :sad:

Expires today 9:15am

:pray: Hope anyone from UK sharing the file.

BBC Breakfast 13/05/2022

BBC iPlayer - Breakfast - 13/05/2022

bbc-2.thumb.jpg.bc66e746542a65150034604e19a066f3.jpg

bbc-1.thumb.jpg.69dcba8464edcec7b0b05b26a9799a89.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

BBC World

Twitter

mikasounds

Catch me at 10:30 BST on @BBCNews@BBCWorld!!!

Thank you

@AnnitaBBC❤ for having me on @BBCWorld

so sorry about the connection loss at the end!! See you tomorrow eve @Eurovision

❤❤❤🙏🌞

Finally we got the video ! :yay:

1/2

2/2

But, unfortunately I can't download the video... :sad:

Expires today 9:15am

:pray: Hope anyone from UK sharing the file.

BBC Breakfast 13/05/2022

BBC iPlayer - Breakfast - 13/05/2022

bbc-1.thumb.jpg.69dcba8464edcec7b0b05b26a9799a89.jpg

„It was written all over my face that I like the guy“ 🤣 Mika’s body language can’t lie, just like his reaction to the participant who budged into him, Ale and Laura presenting (and reading along from the teleprompter…), he can’t hide his emotion here. He‘s an open book, I really like that about him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1609187/Eurovision-host-Mika-accident-life-sister-fell-from-window-latest-updates-news

Ignore the fact that they confuse Zuleika with Paloma... It's actually the fault of Getty Images, they have misidentified these photos for years, not sure how to get them to correct them. :dunno:

9 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1609187/Eurovision-host-Mika-accident-life-sister-fell-from-window-latest-updates-news

Ignore the fact that they confuse Zuleika with Paloma... It's actually the fault of Getty Images, they have misidentified these photos for years, not sure how to get them to correct them. :dunno:

But what's the point in writing a long article about an accident happened 12 years ago? Clickbait system? Horrible!

The same for a bunch of articles concentrated on small errors during the 4 hours show. I have no words.... 

Negativity runs the world :dunno:

23 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

But what's the point in writing a long article about an accident happened 12 years ago? Clickbait system? Horrible!

The same for a bunch of articles concentrated on small errors during the 4 hours show. I have no words.... 

Negativity runs the world :dunno:

Clickbait, yeah, I guess so, but also I think they're trying to find a way to connect Mika back to the UK. Like, "see, this happened to him here, he's a UK guy."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver said:

Naturally the UK press are concentrating on Mika's mistake announcing Holland instead of Poland, and his "accidental" rude gesture. :rolleyes:

Yes, that's too much. As if no other announcer ever made a mistake ever. I'll bet Graham Norton has made a fair few.

I can understand what happened with the Holland/Poland mix-up -- he was probably just reading the TeleprompTer and misread the name. In the moment, it's understandable that you're just operating on auto-pilot.

They're also making a big deal of the fact that he pulled the microphone back from Ukraine -- as if he wouldn't let them talk. It was clear from the way he acted that someone talking in his ear told him there wasn't time.

And then of course, there are those who are making a lot of the fact that he "mimed" or lip-synched.

I had no idea there were so many perfect people in the world.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

They're also making a big deal of the fact that he pulled the microphone back from Ukraine -- as if he wouldn't let them talk. It was clear from the way he acted that someone talking in his ear told him there wasn't time.

That was so silly, so many tweets with bad words for him... they even accused him to support Putin's regime :doh:

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, that's too much. As if no other announcer ever made a mistake ever. I'll bet Graham Norton has made a fair few.

I can understand what happened with the Holland/Poland mix-up -- he was probably just reading the TeleprompTer and misread the name. In the moment, it's understandable that you're just operating on auto-pilot.

And then of course, there are those who are making a lot of the fact that he "mimed" or lip-synched.

Reading all of this makes me sad that people can be hurtful by blowing things out of proportion. However, I do believe the overall feeling with Mika was positive and that he will get a lot more exposure in a good way!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, dcdeb said:

The 850 + reactions to Mika's performance  here ( Eurovision Song Contest) are overwhelmingly positive

(jjust a few negative at the very end). I also found explanations of what might have been done for the Grand Final. Check out the screenshots.Screenshot_20220516-083935_YouTube.thumb.jpg.ecd5baa0341c9ca80018ae351b8a4169.jpgScreenshot_20220516-083944_YouTube.thumb.jpg.b68df11061cf58ce452e65f18f9851c8.jpg

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I suppose that this part Mika was receiving via his ear not from the prompter. He was in the green room at that moment. With the noise around him maybe he did not hear well. Because the name of the country is  Netherlands not Holland. So on the prompter it would have been Netherlands - hard to make a mistake.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Reading all of this makes me sad that people can be hurtful by blowing things out of proportion. However, I do believe the overall feeling with Mika was positive and that he will get a lot more exposure in a good way!

I don't read comments - especially on Twitter. I've seen 2-3  comments by Ukrainians about Mika taking of the microphone from Kaloush lead singer. I haven't seen it on live. Mika even was not next to him.I didn't find it on the video on YouTube. So I decided not to concentrate on trolls spreading bad comments about 2 seconds of the program which maybe even did not take place.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I suppose that this part Mika was receiving via his ear not from the prompter. He was in the green room at that moment. With the noise around him maybe he did not hear well. Because the name of the country is  Netherlands not Holland. So on the prompter it would have been Netherlands - hard to make a mistake.

I agree with this, it couldn’t have been  written „Holland“ on the prompter (trivial fact: Holland is only part of the Netherlands, to be specific only 2 provinces of a total of 12 :wink2:) so it must’ve been through his ear. The excitement was high and the time was very very short. He handled it great with his dazzling smile and charm.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't read comments - especially on Twitter. I've seen 2-3  comments by Ukrainians about Mika taking of the microphone from Kaloush lead singer. I haven't seen it on live. Mika even was not next to him.I didn't find it on the video on YouTube. So I decided not to concentrate on trolls spreading bad comments about 2 seconds of the program which maybe even did not take place.

True. It was also very confusing, because one part of the band didn’t respond to Mika handing him the mic and then the one who did want to talk was too far away and responded when time was almost up. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

True. It was also very confusing, because one part of the band didn’t respond to Mika handing him the mic and then the one who did want to talk was too far away and responded when time was almost up. 

It was obvious that they had just run out of time - nothing else to it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 12:58 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Here is an audio with the interview in Turin for radio BBC2. At the end I saved Yo-Yo song as well. Maybe a premier in UK ?

Mika is talking about his medley including Yo-Yo and an action with the whole audience.

The original replay is here, Mika from 1:41 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0016ys3 - available for 12 more days.

Oh wow, they even did each show 5 times! :shocked: I thought the 3 times with audience were already a lot, but 5, wow. That's 15 shows between Monday and Saturday. No surprise then that he didn't sleep much, I guess he might not even had time to party. :teehee: Maybe that's why he's so quiet now, he's just sleeping for 2 weeks. :naughty: (I certainly would, lol! :roftl:)

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2022 at 2:20 AM, Kumazzz said:

BBC Breakfast 13/05/2022

So did anyone save this video? I couldn't watch it, what did he say? Anything interesting? How long was it?

3 hours ago, mellody said:

So did anyone save this video? I couldn't watch it, what did he say? Anything interesting? How long was it?

Can you watch thse clips ?

1/2

https://content.invisioncic.com/r259115/monthly_2022_05/2022_05.13_BBC-world_1.mp4.89fcdd4187bcf98a567a5d71f473b33f.mp4

2/2

https://content.invisioncic.com/r259115/monthly_2022_05/2022_05.13_BBC-world_2.mp4.f50e2579516198689d4bc0e4a2630dbb.mp4

6 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Yes, but that's a different one, not the one where he's standing on the roof with that guy? :dunno: I think it's the BBC Breakfast one that's missing, isn't it? And those clips are BBC news?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Culture Fix UK

https://www.culturefix.co.uk/?p=22273

MIKA Returns With Brand New Single ‘Yo Yo’ Amidst Eurovision Song Contest Hosting Duties – Drops Official Video

By Culture Fix / May 14, 2022

You have to hand it to Mika for adding even more to his plate this week. As well as taking on hosting duties of the Eurovision Song Contest in Turin, he also delivers a slice of new music with single Yo Yo.

The track evokes Mika’s classic releases, brimming with a sense of optimism whilst playing with slinky club friendly sounds. Produced by Mika, Renaud Rebillaud and Alex Stacey, Yo Yo is penned by Mika, Wayne Hector and Renaud.

Mika shares: “I wanted to write a song that could make you cry and dance at the same time. A song to make the world, in all its harshness, feel better. Something that will always be there to comfort you. I wrote this for you, as you listen in your room, or in a club: it doesn’t matter it’s just about you.”

Mika is set to perform during the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Contest. It is thought that Yo Yo might receive its first live performance as part of the singer’s interval number. Yo Yo is expected to be the first taste of Mika’s upcoming new studio album.

Connect with MIKA.

• Like 3