2022 : Kings Theatre, Brooklyn, NY - 12 April REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

As the thread of Grace Kelly Challenge is already blocked, I will post it here:

Ani recorded MIKA'S version of #gracekellychallenge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, he did it - at last :lol3:

And I think it's my favorite outfit (and the cape RESIST) of this first show.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcS3RC2jrsF/

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Sabine64 said:

for all who are annoyed by the old songs, there are many people out there who only go to the concerts to see him sing Big Girl or Relax or Lollipop ( people who go only to one concert ). I´m pretty happy with the setlist.

Yeah I wish he did more of new songs.... But I will enjoy these again in sure. 

I guess I saw him too many times 🤪

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes, it's human's anatomy.

Bones and muscles on a leg as well.

image.png.a1f8dfb2db6581b28d9c307714b24938.png

It's quite scaring :dog:

It remembers me the anatomy department at the medecine's university with pieces of bodies  floating into formol .

On the oder hand I'm in love with every other outfits , especialy the cape that remembers me the "Dr John" one

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2

Pics from Mikainstagram

mikainstagram

Brooklyn! What a beautiful way to begin the North American tour at the stunning @kingsbklyn theatre! It felt so good being back on stage again! A big thank you to @hamed.sinno for joining me on stage to sing Promiseland 🇱🇧 and to all the fans who came from around the US and all over the world to celebrate For The Rite of Spring! See you for show number 2 @historytoronto tonight! 🇨🇦

📍@kingsbklyn
📷 @weallwantsomeone
@indeedworks #TheRiteOfSpring

278264598_1124431975018223_6710859907277221914_n.jpg

278271663_1191686491610553_2997807598244761902_n.jpg

278258528_314374914141174_7720341768633156024_n.jpg

278340049_401870054729179_6412221511001687348_n.jpg

278454608_1353487118485684_6109114017037475708_n.jpg

278433267_129039966374348_4559879493161546767_n.jpg

278456273_499392108509829_1930547398060640170_n.jpg

278481229_119542894023321_8819283217694946527_n.jpg

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, carafon said:

It's quite scaring :dog:

It remembers me the anatomy department at the medecine's university with pieces of bodies  floating into formol .

On the oder hand I'm in love with every other outfits , especialy the cape that remembers me the "Dr John" one

I guess I'd also have preferred an outfit that's a little more poetic and less horror movie :teehee:, like the one with the stabbed heart he wore at the 2020 XF photoshoot. But I guess it's a stronger message with this costume. I wouldn't like it as an outfit as such, but he wears it for the story he wants to tell, and it's perfect for that. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

From MFC's Instagram:

Lollipop

Relax

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sabine64 said:

for all who are annoyed by the old songs, there are many people out there who only go to the concerts to see him sing Big Girl or Relax or Lollipop ( people who go only to one concert ). I´m pretty happy with the setlist.

I have no problem with the setlist either. I still love his first album songs and he has a way to change them each time :wub2: as they evolve with him :wub2: but I was expecting him to unveil songs from his new album(s) to come during this tour as he had mentioned that in recent interviews. But it understandable that the band and himself needed more time than planned to rehearse new songs since they were all sick a few days ago. But last time he was in NY he premiered lots of his new songs so I guess I had kept that in mind  :wink2: But hopefully he will sing something new soon :excite:

• Like 3

• Kumazzz changed the title to 2022 : Kings Theatre, Brooklyn, NY - 12 April REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Lollipop and Ice Cream on the same setlist, while there's Paloma, No Place In Heaven, Last Party and so many other songs never performed live, this is such a waste imo... Also Big Girl over and over again, while there's Platform Ballerinas that I'm sure the audience would have loved it!  

I know he's probably having in mind the regular audience, not his fans, when he creates the setlist, but he shouldn't be afraid to promote more of his unknown songs, I'm sure people would love them! Didn't he say that it's time for change in every way? :original:

• Like 4

On 4/13/2022 at 7:28 PM, carafon said:

I have to agree with you :lol3: although they never looked this cartoony in formaldehyde! :biggrin2:

So I got this pic from Chiara from Twitter. I know I shouldn’t analyze it like this at all (artistic freedom and everything!) but I’ve had anatomy in school and can make out many structures.. but can someone please help me, what structure is that supposed to be in/on his shoulder :lol3::teehee::facepalm:

EE84B338-18D5-4907-9F80-C392EF9DE9AC.jpeg

Edited by holdingyourdrink
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I have to agree with you :lol3: although they never looked this cartoony in formaldehyde! :biggrin2:

So I got this pic from Chiara from Twitter. I know I shouldn’t analyze it like this at all (artistic freedom and everything!) but I’ve had anatomy in school and can make out many structures.. but can someone please help me, what structure is that supposed to be in his shoulder :lol3::teehee::facepalm:

EE84B338-18D5-4907-9F80-C392EF9DE9AC.jpeg

No clue about anatomy, but as there's no organ in this place, maybe it's supposed to be a muscle? :dunno_grin: Or it's an organ that ended up there because Mika jumped too much. :roftl:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mellody said:

No clue about anatomy, but as there's no organ in this place, maybe it's supposed to be a muscle? :dunno_grin: Or it's an organ that ended up there because Mika jumped too much. :roftl:

Maybe part of thyroid that moved there ?

Or probably just a random piece of muscle ?

Btw in French when somebody gives full energy and soul into something there is a way to explain that with this expression "getting the guts out (on the table) " :naughty:

Edited by carafon

11 minutes ago, mellody said:

I first thought it would maybe be an artistic freedom to “put his heart on his sleeve”, but I quickly realized this couldn’t be it, because 1) you can see the heart right in the middle of the chest, above the stomach and 2) it’s not even on his sleeve, but on his shoulder :facepalm:

Then I thought, maybe it could actually be a heart…. But not his, as in “carry the weight of “your heart” on my shoulder”. I know it as “carry the weight of the world on your shoulder”, but could be they modified it to well, this. 

Edited by holdingyourdrink

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

but I’ve had anatomy in school and can make out many structures.. but can someone please help me, what structure is that supposed to be in/on his shoulder :lol3::teehee::facepalm:

I did anatomy classes at school/college and I'm pretty sure we don't have half a tomato in our shoulders! :lmfao:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

He'll be the next Doctor Who then! 😁

no clue, never watched Doctor Who. :dunno_grin:

5 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I did anatomy classes at school/college and I'm pretty sure we don't have half a tomato in our shoulders! :lmfao:

:lmao: Ok that explains it then, it's the secret supply for impromptu tomato sauce. :naughty: Imagine a man who can conjure a pizza out of his shoulder any time?!  The perfect guy!:fangurl: :lmao:

To those who were at the gig... we're still missing your reports and content here - please help us to get this thread back on topic, lol! :roftl:

• Haha 2

Just now, mellody said:

no clue, never watched Doctor Who.

The Doctor has 2 hearts! Not as big a fan of the show as I used to be, but if Mika even had a cameo appearance I'd definitely start watching again! 😁

• Like 1