2 JULY 2022: Look Out London! MFC 15th Anniversary Party

dcdeb

7 minutes ago, Mayli said:

Well I understand flowers maybe safer in some way  but it's nothing suprise and it's also finally going to the bin after a week lol 😂 Homemade foods especially Chinese/HongKong dishes may not 💯 go to the bin,just depends the one who cook haha 🤣 I grew up in Hong Kong and followed my mum to the wet market almost every day so believe me or not I literally know how to make the delicious Chinese foods as well!I don't know u know or not,HK has a name of food paradise and people are being so fussy to what they eat so usually would not so bad on the cooking and foods etc.🙏I also cook for my landlord and his partner sometimes or taught them how to cook the Chinese dishes and my landlord he is a chef so in some way he would be so picky lol 😆 but he also said it's not bad so I think still okay lol 😅 and usually Chinese dishes would not go very wrong as we use all kind of cooking methods to bring out the best flavour of the original ingredients that Western cooking may not use.Anyway if u ask me to choose,I would like to donate the amount of money😁

@Mayli I'm not saying you're a bad cook, or that the homemade food would be thrown out because it tastes bad -- I'm saying that no one would even eat it because of the health concerns -- there are a lot of strange people in the world who might put something bad in the food. I just recently heard a story of some celebrity who was given some food by so-called "fans" and after he ate it found out it was laced with laxatives. I'm not saying you would do something like that -- but Mika's security might take precautions and throw out anything from people they don't know and trust. They would not want to take the chance of Mika getting sick. :dunno:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that, CJ!

It's a shame but I'm determined to track people down in the queue to say hello, I'm sure I'll see you there! 😊

Still keeping an eye on this thread too to see what we decide for a Mika gift!

Some of our own favourite flowers in a bouquet maybe? Could we get a fancy vase (something to Mika's style) to go with them? 🤔

22 minutes ago, Mayli said:

Homemade foods especially Chinese/HongKong dishes may not 💯 go to the bin,just depends the one who cook

From what I know, he never accepted homemade food from fans, that was a rule since the beginning and we all were aware of that. Imagine being in his place, would you eat food made by a stranger, someone who you don't know? It's not about the taste, it's rather a common sense and a health matter, like @dcdeb said, even more during this period. 

38 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

It's a shame but I'm determined to track people down in the queue to say hello, I'm sure I'll see you there! 😊

Still keeping an eye on this thread too to see what we decide for a Mika gift!

Some of our own favourite flowers in a bouquet maybe? Could we get a fancy vase (something to Mika's style) to go with them? 🤔

I think we should probably start a new thread for the flowers/gift.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that, CJ!

Flowers are always nice and we know he appreciates them. Gifts are tricky -- I mean, it's not like Mika doesn't have money. What do you get for the man who has everything, even rainbow balloon wings? :wink2:

Right, we have his birthday charity donation coming up very soon. It was actually for the Lebanese Red Cross last year, but I think this year we might go back to UNHCR and designate our donation to go to Ukrainian refugees, if that's possible. I've spoken to Mika's team to make sure there isn't some other charity he'd prefer, waiting on an answer.

So about food... these days, I'm not sure that's such a great idea. I think between Covid and all the other viruses out there, plus how weird the world can be, most homemade food gifts go straight into the bin. Packaged food might be OK, but still... I'm not sure what security will do with it, so I'm a little leery about saying you should do that.

Flowers are a safer bet.

@Soaring SimpsonTickets for the pub party? Well, I'm not doing proper tickets, but yes, there are still spaces. If CJ and her mum are cancelling then I guess I have 4 spaces again.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on! I thought you said it was for 80 people st £20 each? But may I have a space whatever it is

Just now, Soaring Simpson said:

I have absolutely no idea what's going on! I thought you said it was for 80 people st £20 each? But may I have a space whatever it is

Yes! Absolutely! Can you Paypal me the £20 to mfcregister@gmail.com ? I'll hold the space for you!

People who bring their own gifts to Mika's concerts, what do you usually do? Find a member of his team before hand or venue staff? Or wait to see if he'll come out after the gig?

I'd like to give him a handmade gift (if I have time to make it!) but I'm not sure how to get it to him!

6 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

People who bring their own gifts to Mika's concerts, what do you usually do? Find a member of his team before hand or venue staff? Or wait to see if he'll come out after the gig?

I'd like to give him a handmade gift (if I have time to make it!) but I'm not sure how to get it to him!

If only we knew the answer!

I think we have tried venue staff, road crew, security, ....... just about every way, really.  You just hope that the gift gets passed on.

If you are really lucky you can hand it to him after a gig - but this never works for London as there is always such a huge crowd waiting for him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, silver said:

If only we knew the answer!

I think we have tried venue staff, road crew, security, ....... just about every way, really.  You just hope that the gift gets passed on.

If you are really lucky you can hand it to him after a gig - but this never works for London as there is always such a huge crowd waiting for him.

If I do bring anything I'll try finding a member of his team first. I doubt he'll come out after this gig, apparently the space behind the Roundhouse is quite small (at least that's what I've heard), so I can imagine it will be packed out with fans trying to cram round to see him.

If it comes to it I'll keep the gift myself until the next concert! :lol:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Maaikie... said:

Welp s**tty KLM has cancelled our return flight. I wonder when they’ll cancel our other flight. God I’m so mad. What a fsudnfsldjsbcsoxn company. :protest:

I don't get the airline companies, they just seem to have sold tickets for far more flights than they have the staff (and planes) to operate.  (I know they oversell seats to get full occupancy on planes, but they have been selling whole flights that can never happen).

Hope you manage to get alternative flights, Maaikie

38 minutes ago, silver said:

I don't get the airline companies, they just seem to have sold tickets for far more flights than they have the staff (and planes) to operate.  (I know they oversell seats to get full occupancy on planes, but they have been selling whole flights that can never happen).

Hope you manage to get alternative flights, Maaikie

Yeah Schiphol airport has been making big trouble since the first lockdown. The government shouldn't have compensated all that money they lost. They would've learned their lesson a lot faster that way. I do have multiple options to get home with, such as the train and other cities to fly to. Just so much effort and stress on such short notice :annoyed:

MORE DETAILS!

As I said earlier, I've been waiting to hear back from the contact at the pub, who was supposed to be speaking to the chef to determine what special accommodations they can make for our gluten-free/vegetarian fans. Still no word on that, but I have gone ahead and finalized the booking and hope that I'll hear something more within the next few days. Until then, here are a few additional details.

WHERE: The Lansdowne Pub

https://thelansdownepub.co.uk/

90 Gloucester Avenue, Primrose Hill, NW1 8HX

020 7483 0409

Nearest tube station is Chalk Farm (Northern Line – Edgeware branch). Turn right out of the station, cross Adelaide Road and take the first left onto bridge approach. Go over the bridge and follow Gloucester Avenue to the left for 500 yards. The Lansdowne is on the left.

WHEN: 7pm to 10pm Saturday 2 July 2022

Sample menu items:

Margherita Pizza (V)      
Tomato, mozzarella, basil.
Vegetarian Pizza (V)      
Courgette, piquillo pepper, mushroom, red onion.
Chorizo Pizza      
Chorizo sausage, piquillo peppers, cracked black pepper.
Napoli Pizza      
Anchovies, capers, oregano.
Garlic flatbread (V+)      
Spinach and Cumin dip (V+)      

There are currently 77 of us booked, which means there are *3* spaces still open!

Any other questions?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

On 6/15/2022 at 11:12 PM, dcdeb said:

I think we should probably start a new thread for the flowers/gift.

Is there a thread yet? I have another flowery idea! 😁

🌷🌻🌺🥀🌹💐

19 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Is there a thread yet? I have another flowery idea! 😁

🌷🌻🌺🥀🌹💐

I didn't do it yet -- feel free to start one! I'm getting ready to hit the road for the beach so I'm running out of time here. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I didn't do it yet -- feel free to start one! I'm getting ready to hit the road for the beach so I'm running out of time here. :)

Gift brainstorming thread!

• Like 2

On 6/16/2022 at 12:37 AM, Mayli said:

Sorry I'm not to offend u or anyone but I don't understand why do we need to buy a gift to MIKA when we are celebrating the 15th anniversary of  MFC?🤔

WE,EVERY ONE HERE is the MAIN CHARACTER of this group MFC but not MIKA!Without ALL of US here,there would not be any MFC exists,right?😬

And MIKA,he is just doing his job as a long term career so u as a big fans can appreciate him on his efforts and talent on his career but if u only always think about MIKA as the most important person here like a King 👑 or whatever,then I think it's a bit not very balance?It's also not what MIKA mention all the times that every one owns the equal opportunity,the rights, diversity and peace etc.

I don't know but I didn't really treat him as a king like most of all did haha 😅 as I think he is also a normal human beings lol 😆 and I don't think he would like us to spend so much money 💰 on buying him the gifts but appreciate if we save the money for ourselves or someone really need and keep supporting him by listening 👂 to  his music 🎶,songs and design etc.To be honest as other fans said,he is rich to have everything he needs through!🤭

I understand it's a polite manner to give gifts but if it's too often and too much like every gig and every celebration of MFC,we also need to buy a gift specific for MIKA,making it a forever formula.Don't u feel it's too much and making things more hypocritical in some way?😂Is that really the only way we show our care and love to him?😚

You don't need to take part in a gift, but some people just enjoy thanking Mika this way for bringing us joy with his work and bringing us together. There are different ways to show love, a gift is just one option. Feel free to take part or not take part, either is fine. :thumb_yello:

On 6/16/2022 at 2:32 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

The last time I had a personal gift for him, 2019 in Brussels, I gave it to Max for him, but not sure if Mika ever received it. It included some handmade Christmas cookies, that's why it couldn't wait. Usually I'd prefer to give it to him in person, so if that doesn't work I'd just take it home again and try again at the next gig - but I'm always going to several gigs, so ofc that's not an option for everyone. Also it's a question of where you can keep it during the gig, only works if it's not too big or too delicate, or you have a hotel room or car very nearby.

Anyway, as silver said, it's always tricky these days. I used to give him a bunch of selfmade gifts back in the old days, but back then it was almost sure he'd come out to meet fans after each show , while nowadays it's rare you know he got it and even rarer that you can see if he likes it, so for me personally I usually don't put a lot of time and effort into gifts anymore, to spare me the disappointment. Like the cookies in 2019, I made them anyway and just created 2 especially for him, and if he didn't get them it's not a big loss. :dunno_grin: The only relatively safe bet these days seem to be flower bouquets.

• Like 2

Update on our flights, I’m going home by train, my mother has a different flight back home. 

I asked for a refund for the cancelled flight. But here was the catch; both flights got refunded so I was left without a flight tó London.:blink::mad3:

So I booked again 🙄🙄 But for more money. So I’m going to do my best to be an absolute pain in the buttocks to them and claim the difference back. Also lets pray the bastards don’t cancel again.

• Like 1

Only seeing this topic. I know I need to come to the forum more often. Would have liked to join but being out for the concert on Sunday is enough due to my health. It won't be good if I go out the night before. Have fun!

On 6/18/2022 at 5:43 PM, Beth said:

Hey not sure if there’s any spaces for this, but would love to come with my friend if there’s 2 tickets left? If not see y’all in the queue <3

Hi @Beth Yes, there are still two places left! If you can Paypal me the money right away I'll reserve two spots for you.

:thumb_yello:

1 hour ago, TTel20 said:

Only seeing this topic. I know I need to come to the forum more often. Would have liked to join but being out for the concert on Sunday is enough due to my health. It won't be good if I go out the night before. Have fun!

Oh, sorry! But I do hope we get to say hello at some point!