dcdeb

WHO: MIKA FAN CLUB

WHAT: THE MFC 15th ANNIVERSARY PARTY

WHERE: LONDON, BABY!

The Lansdowne Pub

https://thelansdownepub.co.uk/

90 Gloucester Avenue, Primrose Hill, NW1 8HX

020 7483 0409

Nearest tube station is Chalk Farm (Northern Line – Edgeware branch). Turn right out of the station, cross Adelaide Road and take the first left onto bridge approach. Go over the bridge and follow Gloucester Avenue to the left for 500 yards. The Lansdowne is on the left.

WHEN: 2 JULY 2022, 7PM - 10PM

WHY: TO CELEBRATE MIKA'S RETURN TO LONDON AND OUR (AND HIS!) 15TH ANNIVERSARY!

OK, after many, many calls and emails, I have finally found what I think is the perfect place for us to have our MFC 15th Anniversary Party in London on Saturday, 2 July 2022. It's quite close to the Roundhouse so transportation shouldn't be a problem, especially for those staying in the area.

The cost is £20/person and includes food and drinks (as well as VAT and service). I've tried to be sensitive to the fact that you all will have lots of other expenses on this trip, and that we will also be collecting for flowers/gift for Mika, too, so I hope this is OK.

We'll have the place for 3 hours, from 7pm to 10pm. We'll be in a first floor function room with our own bartender. We should even be able to play our own music.

Food offerings will include pizza (including vegetarian/vegan options), and other finger-foods including some gluten-free choices.

The catch is that the place can only accommodate 80 people, and I need to guarantee 80 attendees to get the £20/person price. (If we have fewer than 80, the cost per person would of course increase.)

So can we get 80 people to commit? I need to know before I put down the non-refundable deposit!

If you plan on coming to this party, please send me your payment of £20/person via Paypal to mfcregister@gmail.com ASAP. This will lock in your place. Because we have a limited number of spaces, this is going to be first come-first served -- only the first 80 payments I receive will be able to attend.

If you have MFC friends who don't regularly check the forum, but who you think would want to attend this party, please let them know so they don't miss out!

And if by some chance we find we don't have 80 people who are interested, I have spoken to a place that can offer us an alternative for fewer party-goers for a comparable price. But I hope 80 of you can come! We've had at least 100 when we've done other get-togethers in London, so I'm hopeful we can make this happen.

I'd really like to have the booking finalized by the end of this week -- 3 June! -- as we'll be just a month away from the concert!

Let me know if you have any questions/comments/issues/suggestions! It's getting so close now! :excite:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 10

• dcdeb unlocked this topic

I'm just checking with the others I'm going with hopefully I'll tag along 

Out of curiosity if I paid but ended up not being able to go would that be an issue since I know its limited (I wouldn't care to much about the money back ) 

This sounds amazing and I would love to go, but my mum and I have booked tickets to see a West End show in the evening so unfortunately I won't be able to attend.

I hope you all have an amazing time though, and I'll see you all in the queue! :cheer:

• Like 1

payment sent! See you all there! :excite:

4 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

I'm just checking with the others I'm going with hopefully I'll tag along 

Out of curiosity if I paid but ended up not being able to go would that be an issue since I know its limited (I wouldn't care to much about the money back ) 

I suppose as long as you let Deb know when you know for sure that you can't make it, it's fine - maybe we'll have a waiting list and can then offer the place to someone else. I know it worked for Paris.

3 hours ago, Sabine64 said:

Is there a RSPV list for the party?

Not yet, at least... not sure, did we have one for the other parties? I can't remember. Deb will definitely make a list, and maybe also post it here, wasn't that how we did it the last times? As only those can go who sent the payment, a public RSVP list probably doesn't make much sense.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, mellody said:

payment sent! See you all there! :excite:

I suppose as long as you let Deb know when you know for sure that you can't make it, it's fine - maybe we'll have a waiting list and can then offer the place to someone else. I know it worked for Paris.

Not yet, at least... not sure, did we have one for the other parties? I can't remember. Deb will definitely make a list, and maybe also post it here, wasn't that how we did it the last times? As only those can go who sent the payment, a public RSVP list probably doesn't make much sense.

I've actually decided not to come as much as it would be fun I don't want to leave my friends I'm with who don't want to join/don't have the funds plus we were making plans around similar times.

I'd rather leave the space for someone whose sure they can go then being uncertain and mess Deb or someone else around 

I'm sure I'll still meet several of you around anyway