2 JULY 2022: Look Out London! MFC 15th Anniversary Party

dcdeb

For everyone like me who can't make it to the party, I'm going to set y'all a challenge. My hotel is exactly 2 miles away and I want to hear everyone singing from my window!!!

Your mission if you choose to accept it is this:

Combine the Grace Kelly challenge with the song YoYo!

First chorus or verse as normal, main chorus high high high, then final chorus low low low! 😁

I want dance moves too! I saw @mellody's moves on Instagram, y'all learn those moves and get someone to film this challenge!

Have a great time everyone and I'll see you on concert day!

Edited by TinyLove_CJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

For everyone like me who can't make it to the party, I'm going to set y'all a challenge. My hotel is exactly 2 miles away and I want to hear everyone singing from my window!!!

Your mission if you choose to accept it is this:

Combine the Grace Kelly challenge with the song YoYo!

First chorus or verse as normal, main chorus high high high, then final chorus low low low! 😁

I want dance moves too! I saw @mellody's moves on Instagram, y'all learn those moves and get someone to film this challenge!

Have a great time everyone and I'll see you on concert day!

That's a pretty tall order, CJ! But I suppose we'll give it a go!

BTW, remind me that I need to reimburse you for your party payment!

• Like 2

Does anyone know if anything else is happening on the Saturday apart from the party ... are we meeting up anywhere ... I'm gonna rebook the train fare for Saturday and Sunday (as I had to get it refunded as I paid for a ticket that wouldn't have been valid - I'm an idiot) but not sure what time to come up - if it's just the party and I have noone to see or meet up with then I might come up nearer to the party time  :aah:

11 hours ago, dcdeb said:

BTW, remind me that I need to reimburse you for your party payment!

No it's fine, put it towards the flowers for Mika 😊

• Like 1

Hello sweeties!

Well I was supposed to come with a friend of mine but she cannot come anymore so there is one place left more... deb, you can add anyway her reservation money to mika gift :fangurl:

Can you tell me where the party will take place? Thank you :cloud:

13 hours ago, Mayli said:

Didn't she give the challenge to someone who can't go to the party instead who can go to the party on that night 🌃 lol?🤣

The challenge is for people to do at the party! 

I'm hoping y'all will do it! :thumb_yello:

And film it too, so for everyone not going can watch it afterwards and see what you got up to! 😊

2 hours ago, Serendipity said:

It's at The Lansdowne pub, 90 Gloucester Avenue, Primrose Hill, NW1 8HX.

It's a good choice, lovely area of Camden is Primrose Hill.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2022 at 3:50 AM, Laurel said:

Does anyone know if anything else is happening on the Saturday apart from the party ... are we meeting up anywhere ... I'm gonna rebook the train fare for Saturday and Sunday (as I had to get it refunded as I paid for a ticket that wouldn't have been valid - I'm an idiot) but not sure what time to come up - if it's just the party and I have noone to see or meet up with then I might come up nearer to the party time  :aah:

@Laurel  We had talked about possibly having a little picnic gathering on Saturday afternoon in St. James's Park or somewhere if the weather is good, open to all but especially for those who can't make it to the party that night. We haven't set anything in stone yet, though -- guess we need to figure that out if we're doing it as it's just ONE WEEK AWAY! Wow, that crept up on me!

4 hours ago, Serendipity said:

Hello sweeties!

Well I was supposed to come with a friend of mine but she cannot come anymore so there is one place left more... deb, you can add anyway her reservation money to mika gift :fangurl:

What a shame, Camilla. :(As CJ said, the pub is the Lansdowne on Primrose Hill near the Roundhouse, we're there from 7pm to 10pm. For more details scroll back a bit in this thread -- I'll update the first post as well.

See you there!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

The challenge is for people to do at the party! 

I'm hoping y'all will do it! :thumb_yello:

And film it too, so for everyone not going can watch it afterwards and see what you got up to! 😊

It's at The Lansdowne pub, 90 Gloucester Avenue, Primrose Hill, NW1 8HX.

It's a good choice, lovely area of Camden is Primrose Hill.

Yes Primrose Hill is a nice area 👍❤️

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 4:40 PM, dcdeb said:

If you think of it, just give me an extra pound when you see me! :)

Also, I've asked about dogs, but haven't heard anything back yet. My contact is supposed to be talking to the chef today and will get back to me -- I'll ask her about the dog again then.

And there are still *10* spaces left!

Will have a pound coin for you 😉 

The menu looks lovely ! Any word about the dog situation? Would anybody have any issue whatsoever with me bringing her ? Even within the MFCers ? I won't be bringing her if anyone doesn't want her there. To be fair if it is too hot i won't be bringing her either 🥵

For those who really want to see her i always have pictures 🤣 

Just over a week away im so excited 😁 

See you all very soon !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dcdeb said:

@Laurel  We had talked about possibly having a little picnic gathering on Saturday afternoon in St. James's Park or somewhere if the weather is good, open to all but especially for those who can't make it to the party that night. We haven't set anything in stone yet, though -- guess we need to figure that out if we're doing it as it's just ONE WEEK AWAY! Wow, that crept up on me!

I love St. James Park ... it was one of my mum's fave places to go if we were in London ... I was there in April with family - I'll keep an eye on the threads before Saturday as I come use the trains from 11.05am onwards.  I have an open all day return ticket.  :D

• Like 1

We've had some cancellations and changes so as of now we still have 3 spaces open for the party.

As of 25 June 2022:

Adprice

Anna Ko Kolkowska
dcdeb
Michelle Blondet
mellody
FannySpina14
Kata (x2)
Lisahoogenboom
Laetitia Hochede
Manu Ganzerla
Sophie-Laure
Beatrixxx_always
camille*
lyli
Narimene (x2)
cerise
wiki M
Zita (x2)
An'Art
carolinechedo
Ingrid
France7885
katia sekula
Gabry74
Grazia Artuso
Salserina
Treasa
tiibet
crazyaboutmika
Statue of Liberty
Serendipity
Maaike…
Jojotje
MaraB
Romy04
SilviaM (x2)
pascale_geneva
Hero
holdingyourdrink (x2)
Chiara83
Prisca
emily2b (x2)
Gigimau
Sabine64
perhonita
krysady
Chrissie
BineHH
vanessa-love-mika
RAK1

Sonelle (x2)
Stefasera
XaviMarc

jajinka5 (x2)

ISAJF414

Miky Schyns

frenchfan84

CrazyChloe15

Patricia Birden
Saida Melgar

Laurel

Phoebe Jeffery (x2)

Ma.Kot.

Mayli

cola

Beth (x2)

If you know of anyone who has been procrastinating, or unsure about whether to join us, please let them know there's still some room for them! And if I have anything wrong, please lmk ASAP! Thanks!

• Like 6

19 hours ago, frenchfan84 said:

Will have a pound coin for you 😉 

The menu looks lovely ! Any word about the dog situation? Would anybody have any issue whatsoever with me bringing her ? Even within the MFCers ? I won't be bringing her if anyone doesn't want her there. To be fair if it is too hot i won't be bringing her either 🥵

For those who really want to see her i always have pictures 🤣 

Just over a week away im so excited 😁 

See you all very soon !

No, as a matter of fact, I haven't heard back about the dog :(-- I'll call them again on Monday.

And yes... a week from this very moment we'll be there! :wootjump:

• Like 2

Deb. Is it possible to get my money for the party refunded. Flipping train drivers where I live have called a strike for Saturday and they’ll be no trains running from where I live into London the entire day. Am so pissed off I could cry. 😭😭

• Sad 1

I don’t even know when I’ll be able to get up to London for the gig on Sunday as it’s already stated due to the strikes on Saturday it’ll roll over into Sunday with reduced service and later start times. 

As some of us are planning to go to the London Pride on Saturday noon/afternoon, I was wondering, maybe we could just meet up in the area of the parade and, depending on when and what everyone wants to do, have a picnic in Green Park or St James's Park and/or watch the parade? I guess it'll be very busy, so I'm not sure where's best to meet and when... what does everyone think? I probably won't be able to make it before 1 or 2 pm, as I first need to drop my bag at the hotel.

43 minutes ago, mellody said:

As some of us are planning to go to the London Pride on Saturday noon/afternoon, I was wondering, maybe we could just meet up in the area of the parade and, depending on when and what everyone wants to do, have a picnic in Green Park or St James's Park and/or watch the parade? I guess it'll be very busy, so I'm not sure where's best to meet and when... what does everyone think? I probably won't be able to make it before 1 or 2 pm, as I first need to drop my bag at the hotel.

I think I can join you for 3 or 4 pm! Lets organize something!

• Like 1

Transport for London say that the Northern Line (underground line going to Camden) will be affected by strike action on Saturday evening and to check before you travel.  This might affect your journey back from the meet-up

I think there will still be services, but not so frequent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

@dcdeb I have phoned the venue and they said that they are dog friendly so there wouldn't be any issue on their side. 

Would anyone attending have any issue or discomfort with me bringing my little fluff ball with me ? She is a shiba inu so quiet small and super chill 🥰

Super excited to see you all tomorrow 🤗 🥳

Let me know 😉

• Like 2

6 hours ago, frenchfan84 said:

@dcdeb I have phoned the venue and they said that they are dog friendly so there wouldn't be any issue on their side. 

Would anyone attending have any issue or discomfort with me bringing my little fluff ball with me ? She is a shiba inu so quiet small and super chill 🥰

Super excited to see you all tomorrow 🤗 🥳

Let me know 😉

Fluff ball is always fine with me, lol! :lol3: I just hope she doesn't mind us partying, dancing and playing loud music (singing along even louder :lmfao:). :dunno_grin:

Can't wait to see you all tonight! :excite: I'm on my way to the airport.

About meeting up at / around the pride parade, just post about your plans here if you want to meet other MFCers... I'll post when I know what time I can make it.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 7:43 PM, dcdeb said:

We've had some cancellations and changes so as of now we still have 3 spaces open for the party.

Hi, 

Now I'm heading to London by train.

I will be able to arrive in London earler than I orginally planned.

I'd love to see you all!

So is still there a space for me tonight?

NaoMika☆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NaoMika said:

Hi, 

Now I'm heading to London by train.

I will be able to arrive in London earler than I orginally planned.

I'd love to see you all!

So is still there a space for me tonight?

NaoMika☆

Oh it would be lovely to see you 🥰 hope you can make it 😊 

• Like 1

Hello! Unexpectedly around today and I was wondering:

Would it be possible to drop in at the beginning of the party? I could only make the first half an hour, but it would be really nice to at least do that- if there is any space last minute! I’m happy to contribute to the Mika gift and I won’t be consuming any of your food and drink. Totally understand if that’s not possible though :)