2 JULY 2022: Look Out London! MFC 15th Anniversary Party

dcdeb

Here's another update. I have received payment for 67 people so far.

Adprice

Anna Ko Kolkowska
dcdeb
Michelle Blondet
mellody
FannySpina14
Kata (x2)
Lisahoogenboom
Laetitia Hochede
Manu Ganzerla
Sophie-Laure
Beatrixxx_always
camille*
lyli
Narimene (x2)
Jade Lesoto
cerise
wiki M
Zita (x2)
An'Art
carolinechedo
Ingrid
France7885
katia sekula
Gabry74
Grazia Artuso
Salserina
Treasa
Tiny Love CJ (x2)
tiibet
crazyaboutmika
Statue of Liberty
Serendipity
Maaike…
Jojotje
MaraB
Romy04
SilviaM (x2)
pascale_geneva
Hero
holdingyourdrink (x2)
Chiara83
Prisca
emily2b (x2)
Gigimau
Sabine64
perhonita
krysady
Chrissie
BineHH
vanessa-love-mika
RAK1

Sonelle (x2)
Stefasera
XaviMarc

jajinka5 (x2)

ISAJF414

Miky Schyns

If you see any errors, please LMK right away! And please remind your MFC friends who might not check the forum often that there are just 13 spaces left now! Thank you all for your prompt response! I should have some more details on food, etc. within the next few days.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

@dcdeb quick question, i have a small dog (shiba) who would be thrilled to meet so many new friends, do you know if i could bring her down? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, frenchfan84 said:

@dcdeb quick question, i have a small dog (shiba) who would be thrilled to meet so many new friends, do you know if i could bring her down? 

Do you mean bring her to the party? I would have to ask -- I'm not sure if the pub has any restrictions on that. Also, I'm not sure how the fans in general would be -- if there are allergies, or anyone is afraid of dogs. :dunno:

1 hour ago, Mayli said:

Sorry is that still available or gone already?🤔I was thinking to join or not but also want to know if MIKA would also come for the gathering that night or not?🙏

Mika does not usually come to our gatherings, as much as we might hope that he would. So no, do not count on seeing Mika there at the pub!

However, YES, there are still some places open if you would like to join!

@dcdeb all sent for me lmk if it hasn't gone through 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, frenchfan84 said:

@dcdeb all sent for me lmk if it hasn't gone through 

Got it, thanks, although for some reason they deducted a fee -- they hadn't done that for anyone else this time, I think, so not sure what that's about. :dunno:

Anyhow, here's the latest:

Adprice

Anna Ko Kolkowska
dcdeb
Michelle Blondet
mellody
FannySpina14
Kata (x2)
Lisahoogenboom
Laetitia Hochede
Manu Ganzerla
Sophie-Laure
Beatrixxx_always
camille*
lyli
Narimene (x2)
Jade Lesoto
cerise
wiki M
Zita (x2)
An'Art
carolinechedo
Ingrid
France7885
katia sekula
Gabry74
Grazia Artuso
Salserina
Treasa
Tiny Love CJ (x2)
tiibet
crazyaboutmika
Statue of Liberty
Serendipity
Maaike…
Jojotje
MaraB
Romy04
SilviaM (x2)
pascale_geneva
Hero
holdingyourdrink (x2)
Chiara83
Prisca
emily2b (x2)
Gigimau
Sabine64
perhonita
krysady
Chrissie
BineHH
vanessa-love-mika
RAK1

Sonelle (x2)
Stefasera
XaviMarc

jajinka5 (x2)

ISAJF414

Miky Schyns

anilado

frenchfan84

That means there are just 11 spaces left!

And one month from today is the concert! :excite:

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Got it, thanks, although for some reason they deducted a fee -- they hadn't done that for anyone else this time, I think, so not sure what that's about. :dunno:

I think the others just paid the fees themselves, I did. :dunno_grin:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

I think the others just paid the fees themselves, I did. :dunno_grin:

I did it as well, they always charge a fee when they see the transaction is from Europe to an US email address :wink2:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, krysady said:

I did it as well, they always charge a fee when they see the transaction is from Europe to an US email address :wink2:

It depends which currency you specify I think (I'm not totally sure though) 

5 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I think it is a combination of both. When I was in the US and transferred Sivan dollars, to my surprise I did not pay any fees, even though I have a Swiss email address (I had dollars in the account, so maybe that matters too). But when I was in Switzerland and transferred dollars (I also had dollars in the account) I had to pay fees. :insane:

10 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

That's another fee applied for currency conversion, if it's the case, it's different from the overseas transfer fee. 

There's a trick when a currency conversion is involved. There's two options: Convert with Paypal or Convert with card issuer, and it's better to choose the last one because the fee is higher with Paypal :wink2:  (the Paypal option is set by default)

InkedScreenshot (324)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (323).png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Prisca said:

I think it is a combination of both. When I was in the US and transferred Sivan dollars, to my surprise I did not pay any fees, even though I have a Swiss email address (I had dollars in the account, so maybe that matters too). But when I was in Switzerland and transferred dollars (I also had dollars in the account) I had to pay fees. :insane:

Yes, their fees policy is quite complicated and different for some countries. It depends also on which region the transfer is made, you can see some info here:

Screenshot (325).png

Screenshot (326).png

Screenshot (327).png

Screenshot (328).png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Wow i didn't know any of that i just put in in pounds instead of euros do you need any of that fee topped up ?

On 6/4/2022 at 12:40 PM, Serendipity said:

Hoping there are still places available I booked for a friend of mine!!!

Yes, Camilla! I was wondering why I got a second payment from you -- I didn't see any explanation, and was going to write to you about it. Thanks, I'll add her to the list.

On 6/4/2022 at 11:33 AM, frenchfan84 said:

Wow i didn't know any of that i just put in in pounds instead of euros do you need any of that fee topped up ?

If you think of it, just give me an extra pound when you see me! :)

Also, I've asked about dogs, but haven't heard anything back yet. My contact is supposed to be talking to the chef today and will get back to me -- I'll ask her about the dog again then.

And there are still *10* spaces left!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mayli said:

I do really wish MIKA would come to this party as I didn't see him for a very long time haha 🤣 and I'm still thinking to go or not if he is not there😂

I really doubt he'll be there, on July 1st he has a gig in France then the next day he'll probably be on the road to London

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mayli said:

But from France to London,he still got enough times to come back?😂😁🤔

True, but I imagine he'll be tired and get some rest to be prepared for the Roundhouse gig... but of course this is just my guess :dunno_grin:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mayli said:

I do really wish MIKA would come to this party as I didn't see him for a very long time haha 🤣 and I'm still thinking to go or not if he is not there😂

He has never been to a MFC party so far, so I don't think this time will be any different. Especially in London, where he hasn't even done Meet & Greets after the gigs for ages, because there are just too many people. As @Maaikie... said tho, maybe we're lucky and we might get some champagne or food from him for our party. So at least you could get drunk for free, to forget about how long it has been since you last saw him. :roftl: :drinks_wine: ... anyway that isn't guaranteed either, but much more likely than him showing up at the party. :dunno_grin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I just hope that our flights are not cancelled. :making-a-wish:

This is my main concern as well, every day on the news I see more and more cancelled flights to or from London :sad:

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I just hope that our flights are not cancelled. :making-a-wish:

Ah yes I’m crossing my fingers as well.. Amsterdam Schiphol is cancelling left and right because no one wants to work there 🥴🥴

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, krysady said:

This is my main concern as well, every day on the news I see more and more cancelled flights to or from London :sad:

Yikes! Really? That is a worry! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for all of you, too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Maaikie... said:

Ah yes I’m crossing my fingers as well.. Amsterdam Schiphol is cancelling left and right because no one wants to work there 🥴🥴

57 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

ikes! Really? That is a worry! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for all of you, too!

Yes, I've read today about British Airways - they cancelled about 100 flights. The same for Easyjet. 

The worse situation is on Heathrow airport and in Amsterdam. The problem is that because of the pandemic the number of staff decreased and they are  not enough when we are entering the vacations period.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1