BOLERO: MIKA Collab with BabyK Out 17th June!

TinyLove_CJ

8 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Not heard of Baby K.

Just listened to her song Vernedi, and I like what I hear!

My Italian lessons are going well when I can understand the majority of the lyrics! 😁

I get the impression that she is very much a pop artist too, going to be interesting hearing her voice with Mika's :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Just listened to her song Vernedi, and I like what I hear!

My Italian lessons are going well when I can understand the majority of the lyrics! 😁

I get the impression that she is very much a pop artist too, going to be interesting hearing her voice with Mika's :thumb_yello:

1 minute ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Just checking notifications on Instagram and a lot of people are saying it's out this Friday! 

That's what I just read

• Like 2

• dcdeb changed the title to BOLERO: MIKA Collab with BabyK Out 17th June!

From the videos & songs I've skipped through, she and her music seem kinda superficial and trivial... but I don't understand the lyrics, and know nothing about her, so maybe that's just the first impression, trying not to judge her by that - and always curious about new Mika music, of course. Tho if I understand it right, it's just her who wrote the song and he only sings on it? 

Edit: btw, I just remembered the K and M in a heart on a dusty car in his stories, which we've been wondering about - as there's a heart on the cover, maybe it was a hint to this collab? :dunno_grin:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mellody said:

From the videos & songs I've skipped through, she and her music seem kinda superficial and trivial... but I don't understand the lyrics, and know nothing about her, so maybe that's just the first impression, trying not to judge her by that - and always curious about new Mika music, of course. Tho if I understand it right, it's just her who wrote the song and he only sings on it? 

Edit: btw, I just remembered the K and M in a heart on a dusty car in his stories, which we've been wondering about - as there's a heart on the cover, maybe it was a hint to this collab? :dunno_grin:

Mika helped co-write the song, according to this, which I've seen in several blogs/articles -- maybe it's from a press release:

Prodotta da Dardust e scritta da Baby K e Mika insieme a Fulminacci e Jacopo Ettorre, Bolero ci presenta delle inedite sfumature vocali della cantautrice, accompagnando i fan dell’artista all’interno di un percorso ben definito che l’artista ha intrapreso negli ultimi anni. Il nuovo singolo sarà ufficialmente rilasciato su tutte le piattaforme di streaming da questo venerdì, 17 giugno, già disponibile in pre-save e in pre-add. Ora che l’attesa si fa sempre più palpabile, non ci resta che attendere qualche giorno per ascoltare in anteprima questo brano, che si preannuncia già hit dell’estate 2022.

Produced by Dardust and written by Baby K and Mika together with Fulminacci and Jacopo Ettorre, Bolero presents the singer-songwriter's unprecedented vocal nuances, accompanying the artist's fans along a well-defined path that the artist has undertaken in recent years. The new single will be officially released on all streaming platforms from this Friday, June 17th, already available in pre-save and pre-add. Now that the wait becomes more and more palpable, we just have to wait a few days to preview this song, which already promises to be a hit of summer 2022.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Isn't it ?

Mika posted a story on 24 September 2021.

• Like 3

YouTube premium

L0smpdxpFG6Ww9TcqFmLnKtoJsnMYIENyZfxdPFI

Provided to YouTube by Columbia
Bolero · Baby K · MIKA Bolero
℗ A Columbia release 2022 THIS IS IT S.r.l.s. under exclusive license to Sony Music Entertainment Italy S.p.A.

• Released on: 2022-06-17
  • Associated Performer: Baby K feat. MIKA
  • Composer, Lyricist: Jacopo Ettorre
  • Producer: DRD
  • Composer, Lyricist: Filippo
  • Uttinacci Lyricist: Claudia Nahum
  • Lyricist: Michael Holbrook Penniman :mika3:
  • Composer: Dario Faini

MP4 ( 1080p / 18.1 MB )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To be honest, I am usually not a fan of Mika's collabs and this one probably won't be an exception... :no: It sounds more like a Baby K song (which is fair, since Mika is just the feature artist) but I don't even like his part in the song that much (it's not bad but it doesn't make the song that much better for me, it feels a bit overproduced...). I'll give it a few more listenings but I guess this song just isn't for me. 

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 5

I'm actually positively surprised by the song, it's better than I expected. I don't understand much of the lyrics - from the last sentence maybe it goes in the direction of Yoyo, dancing on the heartbeat - just Bolero instead of Yoyo. :teehee: Well it sounds like a summer hit. :) And I love the bits where Mika sings in a deeper voice.

Dunno if they're making a video for it, but if they do, I hope it's not like her other videos but more Mika-ish. Like Ice Cream, which wasn't just half naked dancers on the beach but had these funny parts like with the melting car. I think that's the devilish wink that Mika often refers to, which turns a typical summer hit video into something special.

• Like 3

I've listened to this song a few times now and it's definitely not my favourite collab. It's not a bad song but it's not great either. I don't really get the lyrics, what's with "where the sun meets the lion"?!, and I think autotune has been used which Mika doesn't need!

Even the beat is just... meh :/

• Like 2