BOLERO: MIKA Collab with BabyK Out 17th June!

TinyLove_CJ

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

where the sun meets the lion

Is it "lion" or could it be the zodiac sign leo? In the latter case it might just mean summer season, the time between late July and late August when the sun is in the zodiac sign leo?

Would love to get a transcript of the lyrics, if any of the Italian speakers has time for it. :blush:

4 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Maybe this thread should be in Mika's Music & Artwork.:dunno_grin:  @mellody

1 hour ago, silver said:

It's not really Mika's music though, is it?  I think it is OK here.

I think even Bella Estate had a thread, tho it was a cover, but I guess we could leave this here as news and open a new one for song discussions & lyrics?

I'm still on the train home.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mellody said:

Is it "lion" or could it be the zodiac sign leo? In the latter case it might just mean summer season, the time between late July and late August when the sun is in the zodiac sign leo?

That could be the meaning! I didn't think of that :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paoletta said:

yoyo is so much better

Although YoYo is not one of his best, I prefer it to this one. I like Mika better singing alone and in English.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Would love to get a transcript of the lyrics, if any of the Italian speakers has time for it. :blush:

I think even Bella Estate had a thread, tho it was a cover, but I guess we could leave this here as news and open a new one for song discussions & lyrics?

I'm still on the train home.

I think you're right about the zodiac sign. Note the reference to "astral conjunction" below:

from  https://www.imusicfun.it/news/baby-k-mika-bolero-testo-significato-nuovo-singolo/

A single in which the sound winks at 80s synthwave nuances, meeting an exotic world. A real short circuit between the voices of the two artists, who come together releasing an explosive power. 

Despite the uptempo rhythm, BOLERO brings with it a hint of melancholy and tells the nostalgia of the good times shared with another person. Even if the most beautiful season of the year has arrived, now that the relationship is over everything is different, because being together is just a memory… at least until it is possible to find oneself in an astral conjunction, "where the sun meets the Lion".

(Google translation)

However,  "where the sun meets the Lion" might be intended figuratively, referring to an ideal moment I suppose, not literally in July/August.

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 3

I like it a lot. I find the combination of genres very interesting. It has some Latin American sounds like bachata, and with the electronic style from the 80's/90's. It's a combination I never thought would work.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Lulul said:

I like it a lot. I find the combination of genres very interesting. It has some Latin American sounds like bachata, and with the electronic style from the 80's/90's. It's a combination I never thought would work.

I must that this mix is exactly why I like it. I really love to dance bachata. So now being able to do a bachata on a song by Mika is two worlds colliding for me! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 6/18/2022 at 1:56 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

I must that this mix is exactly why I like it. I really love to dance bachata. So now being able to do a bachata on a song by Mika is two worlds colliding for me! 

I don't know what it is but I love it because it makes me happy and it takes all my worries off my head :mikalove:

• Like 2