2007 - Mika @ Somerset House - London: 17-07-2007

Yoppappop

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im back home now but i am going for a really Long bath first those showers in the hostel were Minging!!!

But quickly i will say the Concert was Amazing!! ive got sooo much to tell but it will have to wait im afraid...ive got some awesome pictures aswell hehe :thumb_yello:

Im back home now but i am going for a really Long bath first those showers in the hostel were Minging!!!

But quickly i will say the Concert was Amazing!! ive got sooo much to tell but it will have to wait im afraid...ive got some awesome pictures aswell hehe :thumb_yello:

Have you wireless , do we have to wait , can you type in the bath :naughty::thumb_yello:

FINALLY HOME!!

and clean!

i probably wont give a report cos i am crap at them! and i know others will anyway!

but in short, mika was pretty dam good, well amazing, as always! and i got to meet him (for about two seconds!) but i havent met him before so i was all :wub2: :wub2:

loved meeting everyone! love you all!!

sparkly, where ever you are, pm me with your email so i can send ya the pic!

got a couple of good pics, but my camera is poo, so most of them are blurry!

and you guys wont be seeing 'L' for a while... heheheh

Based on my experiences of open air gigs over the last few weeks my advice is to just ignore the weather forecasts.

16th June - The Feeling at Delamere Forest - forecast was for rain, rain, rain - we drove through torrential rain on Saturday afternoon. But when we arrived at the campsite it was dry, and the rain held off for the rest of the evening. Despite a few black clouds hanging over us, it didn't rain - and gig was great!

6th - 8th July - Cornbury Music Festival - the week leading up to this was very, very wet (there was all the flooding in the north). Forecasts was for more rain on two of the three days. Turned out to be one of the sunniest weekends of the year! Took wellies not sun cream and ended up getting burnt!

So based on that I am ignoring the weather forecasts. I will take my raincoat just in case - but may leave my umbrella at home. They confiscated it at The Feeling gig, and when I went to collect it they had put a different numbered ticket on it to the number on the ticket that they gave me. Ended up throwing a tantrum to get my brolly back :bash:

Trust me it'll be dry ... but please don't hold me to that :blush-anim-cl:

Told you the weather would be fine :wink2::bleh:

Oh we were SO lucky with the weather. It did rain a bit during the day while we queued, but it held off in the evening which was great.

I loved it when Mika, said it was his own little festival in the middle of London and the shouted "Do you see any mud?" to which we shouted "NO!" and he said "too b****y right." I get the feeling he didn't like the mud at Glastonbury .

He did at one point come down off stage, but he didn't come all the way along, which was a shame as it would have done him good to hi-five a penguin. But that's okay Novembers not that far away....

just beeing reading all this thread since after the gig.. and as for kokolondon... mini mika INDEED! if i cant have the real mika.. ya know.. :bleh:

hehehe

i texted him this afternoon...he must be prepared....a whole forum is expecting a pic anxiously!!!!:naughty:

and tomorrow i'll check myself! :biggrin2:

im just going to do a quick report and a few pics on the forums my full proper reportage will be on myspace because its turning into an essay :boxed:

Right sooo i will start with our mini parade of about 8 - 9 people i think me in the lead for most of the journey as if everyone thought i knew where i was going - i kind of did but based on my blink gallery experience you were all fools to follow me :naughty:

Lots of people wanted to take photo graphs of us some asked and some didnt but i dont mind the reaction from members of the public was generally positive oh but we did get stopped by a police man who thought we were going to the houses of parliment to protest so we had to explain mika and the concert for him to let us carry on

Soo we got to the Venue saw Martin quickly and had a quick chat, we saw Mikey and luke roll up in lukes sports car and mikey was sat there reading a london map :naughty: they may have got a bit lost :bleh:

we were waving our mfc flag about during the sound check which was very hard to do but now the flag is safely in my car ready for the big chill festival!!

Ok sooo we got into the venue eventually and lollipop girl kind of stopped me and sara in our tracks , sara got on ahead of me while i gave Lolllipop girl this lollipop and pink monkey which i had got from hamleys the day before for her - probably not a smart move because she was in character and was like ooohh nooo its a monkey

i managed to get a good spot kind of centre second row i had a good view of the stage if i zoomed in on my camera.

Patrick Wolfe was amazing!!!! he tripped over his microphone and got hit on the head by his shoe he just seemed sooo hyperactive all over the place rolling around on the floor it was super!

Then Mika came onstage shortly afterwards Looking Gorgeous as ever and he played an amazing Set - this is on my top list of favourite concerts now!! I got loads of pictures some are good and some are bad LOL

i loved it when mika said he had been on tour for ten months now and he is recognising people in the crowd :naughty:

I would love to know who was in the dalmation costume during lollipop because he threw the letter he was holding at the cameraman dude infront of us (the band didnt get dressed up for lollipop it was just guests i believe)

Well anyway afterwards a few of us went around collecting streamers and Yuppymunch stole the letter L

Then we were getting pushed out of the venue so we went off to look for the exit we found one exit although wasnt sure if Mika would come out as Ice man had walked past us on the way there.

We waited for ages im not sure how long but eventually he did come out and spent a few minutes if that with us because he was getting rushed on by the security guy and the press were really being obnoxious ....anyway He spotted Sara and gave her a quick hug and i managed to pass on the ladybird i had got for him i told him its because i was dressed up as a lady bird and he looked at me and said something like "yes ive seen you, you ALWAYS dress up as a ladybird"

Oh and he said thankyou to us all for dressing up and hats off to us and he said thankyou for the braces aswell :thumb_yello: (thats for steph)

sorry for being unable to get you an autograph thought he really was being pushed away quickly.

By the time i got back to the hostel i was sooo tired BUT happy :punk:

Oh and all the MFC members who i met that day you were all Brilliant !!! Tooo many names to mention there really was and sooo many stories to tell

Pictures to follow shortly

2007_0717somersethouse17july0050.jpg

Patrick Wolfe

2007_0717somersethouse17july0052.jpg

another patrick wolfe picture :blush-anim-cl:

2007_0717somersethouse17july0070.jpg

Mika in his Mask

2007_0717somersethouse17july0086.jpg

some braces action

2007_0717somersethouse17july0213.jpg

Topless Mika

2007_0717somersethouse17july0194.jpg

when he came down to the front row area bit its a blurred picture because i was kind of getting pushed from behind me and couldnt keep the camera still

2007_0717somersethouse17july0029.jpg

Jemmalee with alan cummings doing an interview

((he then came over to me and Sara and Jennie and interviewed us aswell))

we had to sign some release forms or something to say we had agreed to be filmed etc etc etc

2007_0717somersethouse17july0026.jpg

Sound check taken by reaching above the barriers

2007_0717somersethouse17july0206.jpg

another Topless mika picture

2007_0717somersethouse17july0259.jpg

Mika when he finally came through the exit of the venue:thumb_yello:

They're really good pictures Bexxy.

I met Mini Mika at the Blink Gallery!! I took pictures of him and his partner (?)

I suppose thats the next best thing to meeting Mika then...???!

2007_0717somersethouse17july0029.jpg

Jemmalee with alan cummings doing an interview

((he then came over to me and Sara and Jennie and interviewed us aswell))

we had to sign some release forms or something to say we had agreed to be filmed etc etc etc

2007_0717somersethouse17july0026.jpg

Sound check taken by reaching above the barriers

2007_0717somersethouse17july0206.jpg

another Topless mika picture

2007_0717somersethouse17july0259.jpg

Mika when he finally came through the exit of the venue:thumb_yello:

Did Mika get a haircut?:boxed:

Is that why he's wearing his hood?:naughty: