2007 - Mika @ Somerset House - London: 17-07-2007

Yoppappop

Right, just read through everyone's reviews and its time for mine!

I arrived at the venue just before 5 and took my place with Jemma in the queue. It wasn't long before we decided to uphold the tradition of when we're queueing together and started singing the majority of life in cartoon motion together. The only difference was this time we actually got an audience! I should apologise to everyone who had to witness it (and please can the girl who filmed lollipop show me before putting it on youtube:bleh: ) but hey! It made the time go quicker. Sorry to anyone we annoyed, but oh well! such is life!

After having a hard time deciding which queue to go in, I stayed with Jemma and the MFC people and ran to the front. We managed to get 2nd row... which turned to 3rd row somehow but still! We were right in the centre and had a good view. I continued to keep the crowds entertained with my singing - this time it was an operatic version of Lollipop... and the Joseph soundtrack.

Patrick came on stage and I was VERY impressed. I only liked 2 of his songs I'd heard before, but he definitely turned me into a fan. His clumsiness was very amusing, but that just added to his charm. He had a hell of a lot of charisma and owned that stage. I'd be tempted to say he actually outdid Mika, but of course that would be blasphemy. If I was impartial, I probably would give the showmans award to Patrick... purely cos Mika didn't dress as a chicken last night!

Mika finally appeared on stage to the dulcet tones of relax, and went through his usual setlist - the only difference being the return of 'Over my shoulder' and 'You got the love' replacing 'I want you back' (Thank God!). The standout for me was definitely 'Happy ending'. It's my favourite song of his as it is, but last night was the best I'd heard him perform it. The ad-libs he did near the end were fantastic... and the crowd were really good as the choir!

I got some cool moments with Mika where he made eye contact with me. The best one had to be during the first "So I tried a little Freddie" in Grace Kelly where he looked straight at me and gave me a cheeky grin which I took to mean "I remember the picture". Really pleased he spotted me in the crowd and remembered me. As other people have commented, he did mention that he recognised some people there! I was, however, quite evil during 'Over my shoulder'. Needless to say, its not one of my favourites (though I do enjoy singing the two lines I know), so through sheer boredom, I turned around during it and shouted to Jemma's friend "HEY! WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA?". What can I say? I'm unique!

I didn't hang around to try and meet Mika after as I was feeling a bit under the weather. But it was great to see all the MFCers I'd met before as well as meeting a whole heap of ones I'd never met before! Add me on myspace, guys!

I will upload my pics... and videos hopefully tomorrow.

And also - costume of the night went to Jules by FAR! Coming as a slice of pizza was sheer genius!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

originally it his hand was on my bum, but i was like.. MIKA... how rude!! :thumb_yello:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!!!!!

ARE YOU NUTS!

I wish I could have got a picture with him, but he got rushed away before I had the chance. But theres no way I would have told him to move his hand. Mind you, he's so tall and I'm a shorty, his hand wouldn't get that far LOL!

Picture100.jpg

sparkly on left, mika in middle, me on right!

awww my first time with mika was amazing!! he caressed my shoulder just perfectly! :wub2:

THANKS to vally for taking it! :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

Yuppy, sort the red-eye out!

What a fab evening, we're still on a high. It was the best atmosphere of any of the MIKA gigs we've been to, there were entertainers galore keeping us amused in the queue outside, loads of people in fancy dress, a brilliant warm up act in Partick Wolfe and MIKA absolutely bursting with energy. He put everything he had into last nights show without holding back and he got the response he deserved from the audience. It really looked like he was having the time of his life up there.

Big thank you to all the wonderful MFC'ers we met up with for helping make the day even more special, you know who you are.

Thought you might like to see some pics......

Diet Coke and a Pizza please?

somerset003.jpg

You went as a pizza??? That's wonderful!!

did anyone see the camera man fall off the secondary stage during one of Mika's songs i cant remember which one but he had his camera pointed up at mika filming him and took a step backwards and fell from the stage luckily a guys was stood by him managed to help him back up :roftl: :roftl:

I did see it. Lucky him there was someone to catch him up.

I arrived at the venue just before 5 and took my place with Jemma in the queue. It wasn't long before we decided to uphold the tradition of when we're queueing together and started singing the majority of life in cartoon motion together. The only difference was this time we actually got an audience! I should apologise to everyone who had to witness it (and please can the girl who filmed lollipop show me before putting it on youtube:bleh: ) but hey! It made the time go quicker.

Noooo, don't apologise, it was hilarious! XDDD

The concert was AMAZING! But...I'm really upset that I didnt get to meet him this time either:boxed:

Hold da kæft :lmao: At least you've got to see him!!!! You're not easy to satisfy, are you? :biggrin2:

ew mika looks HORRIBLE!! keep your shirt ON.

no one wants to see your rank, sweaty torso!

Yeah, he's soooo fat and all :puke:

ew mika looks HORRIBLE!! keep your shirt ON.

no one wants to see your rank, sweaty torso!

:boxed: as if it wasn't bad enough to watch it live :crybaby:

(you've been subjected to bad influence lately haven't you?:naughty: )

2007_0717somersethouse17july0143.jpg

Luke ness at the front of the stage for a change :naughty::thumb_yello:

2007_0717somersethouse17july0171.jpg

Mika again it was a mika concert after all - but unfortuanely i have nooo idea how to flip it the right way round :boxed:

I'm just back from London :D was an amazing concert.

Firstly a BIG THANK YOU to the lovely person who gave me a flashing heart, I'm not sure who you were :blush-anim-cl: but thank you so much. Lovely to meet someone from the fan club although it was very brief.

Cow&Gate- lovely to have a chat with you! :D I hope you got home ok with your giant balloon thingy.

We hung about till about 11.30 at the front incase he was going to come out that way but obviously we were in the wrong place at the wrong time yet again. Try again at the Carling academy.

I'm sorry I couldn't meet up with you all before and I think I was too shy to come and speak to you there, as I'm not on the forum as much as I should be so you may not have known who I am :blush-anim-cl: I shall definatley come and meet up with you all next time if you don't mind.

Anyway- it was fab :D

I'm just back from London :D was an amazing concert.

Firstly a BIG THANK YOU to the lovely person who gave me a flashing heart, I'm not sure who you were :blush-anim-cl: but thank you so much. Lovely to meet someone from the fan club although it was very brief.

Cow&Gate- lovely to have a chat with you! :D I hope you got home ok with your giant balloon thingy.

We hung about till about 11.30 at the front incase he was going to come out that way but obviously we were in the wrong place at the wrong time yet again. Try again at the Carling academy.

I'm sorry I couldn't meet up with you all before and I think I was too shy to come and speak to you there, as I'm not on the forum as much as I should be so you may not have known who I am :blush-anim-cl: I shall definatley come and meet up with you all next time if you don't mind.

Anyway- it was fab :D

Aah, I'm sorry that you didn't meet him, but it's great that you saw him!

I'm going to Carling academy too and will keep my fingers crossed since now to meet him! I also really hope to meet the mfcers there, I'm sorry that I don't know anyone of you! :wink2: