MFC MOTHERS' CLUB: Mothers who love MIKA

Blue Sky

Welcome Nejma! Your official number is 38! A MIKA lookalike for a husband,(doesn't matter that it is "former" lookalike!) wow that's HOT!!

Just yesterday I was on another thread reminding someone that Mika said his name means plastic bag in Morocco...he said it in an interview. So it's true then?

Hi! Thanks for the welcome! I'll add my number to my signature. :biggrin2:

Yes, "mika" in Moroccan arabic means a plastic bag so nowadaysIi always smile when I say "ara mika, affek" which means "give me a plastic bag, please" OR "Give me Mika, please". :wub2: Guess which one I prefer? :roftl::mf_rosetinted::wub2:

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok...I'm a mom. I've posted this on the "Oldlings" thread too.

"Oldling" is not the most attractive word, you know. I've been an MFC member since January and have been going through a mini crisis about turning 35 this year - so I finally have come to accept the reality of being an oldling.

My name is Suzy and I'm a MIKAHOLIC.

Its affecting my life, my quality time with my kids & hubby, my sleep, etc.

I. NEED. HELP.

I've often felt ashamed (posting naughty teenage-girl like comments on this forum)

I've often felt guilty (spending hours on end on the computer and having my kids forage for clean underwear as laundry neglected)

Kids are 12 and 6.

I've just come back from Chicago Road Trip and I am going through MIKA withdrawal symptoms.

I apologize for not having any advice for balancing MFC with family. As my scales are shamefully teetering on the MIKA side for some time:giveup:

Need to be an OLdLINg to stay grounded. Need your support to remind me when I'm not acting my age (I stole MIKA's red mystery juice from the stage).

please...help.:shocked:

Ok...I'm a mom.

"Oldling" is not the most attractive word, you know. I've been an MFC member since January and have been going through a mini crisis about turning 35 this year - so I finally have come to accept the reality of being an oldling.

I. NEED. HELP.

I've often felt ashamed (posting naughty teenage-girl like comments on this forum)

I've often felt guilty (spending hours on end on the computer and having my kids forage for clean underwear as laundry neglected)

Kids are 12 and 6.

I've just come back from Chicago Road Trip and I am going through MIKA withdrawal symptoms.

I apologize for not having any advice for balancing MFC with family. As my scales are shamefully teetering on the MIKA side for some time:giveup:

Need to be an OLdLINg to stay grounded. Need your support to remind me when I'm not acting my age (I stole MIKA's red mystery juice from the stage).

SUZY

You have come to the right place. But sorry we can't help.

We just make you worse!!

We are all Mikaholics, and not very anonymous either!!

Imagine stealing that juice!! I joked about the chubby bunny spat out marshmallows going on ebay, but the chest-infection containing juice?? That's just...that's just....amaaaaazing!! Never sell it!!

And speaking of age-related crises...would it help if I told you today I have turned *whispers* 46??!! And I am not the oldest one here!:roftl: None of us act our age !! We are the "age acceptance club"...or should that be age-denial club...

You are in good company. Your # is 39 and you can rest assured that the other 38 of us would have stolen the red juice too!!! HAHAHAHAHA!:roftl:

SUZY

You have come to the right place. But sorry we can't help.

We just make you worse!!

We are all Mikaholics, and not very anonymous either!!

Imagine stealing that juice!! I joked about the chubby bunny spat out marshmallows going on ebay, but the chest-infection containing juice?? That's just...that's just....amaaaaazing!! Never sell it!!

And speaking of age-related crises...would it help if I told you today I have turned *whispers* 46??!! And I am not the oldest one here!:roftl: None of us act our age !! We are the "age acceptance club"...or should that be age-denial club...

You are in good company. Your # is 39 and you can rest assured that the other 38 of us would have stolen the red juice too!!! HAHAHAHAHA!:roftl:

*scratches head and wonders if joining group was smart idea*:blink:

Ok...I'm a mom. I've posted this on the "Oldlings" thread too.

I. NEED. HELP.

Kids are 12 and 6.

HI SUZY!!

Welcome, and believe me, I know *exactly* where you are coming from as regards the Mikaholism:blush-anim-cl:

I'm 38 with two young children, who shamefully are learning pretty quick how to look after themselves, since Mummy has gone completely gaga over a pretty popstar lately and isn't acting like a Mummy at all..And as for my poor husband....! So you are not alone!

All I can say is, it keeps us young, at least in our heads... I feel like a teenager again and that can't be all bad (though it is frightening when I look in the mirror in the morning..:biggrin2: ). Anyway welcome to the club:thumb_yello:

HI SUZY!!

Welcome, and believe me, I know *exactly* where you are coming from as regards the Mikaholism:blush-anim-cl:

I'm 38 with two young children, who shamefully are learning pretty quick how to look after themselves, since Mummy has gone completely gaga over a pretty popstar lately and isn't acting like a Mummy at all..And as for my poor husband....! So you are not alone!

All I can say is, it keeps us young, at least in our heads... I feel like a teenager again and that can't be all bad (though it is frightening when I look in the mirror in the morning..:biggrin2: ). Anyway welcome to the club:thumb_yello:

You're hilarious gatagordhina! The mirror is to be avoided in my house too, doesn't reflect how I feel at all! And I LOVE your sig line!

I better go do dinner...

HI SUZY!!

Thank you Gatagordinha, for your words of welcome and support. Looking forward to sharing MIKA experiences with other mummies!

Hello everyone!

Better late than never but I want to join in the MFC Mothers Club - and of course the fun too!

I have a 12 week old daughter so she is very new...and unfortunately a long way off fending for herself in regards to meals etc..but she sleeps from 11pm till 7am so I fit in my MIKA time when I can :)

I dropped her off at my parents today so I could have some Mika time (well me time) but I spent most of it driving around with Life In Cartoon Motion blasting from my speakers!!

My hubby doesnt like sharing me with Mika...too bad for him - can always get another hubby!

Well I guess thats it....for now!! Take care everyone xx

Hello everyone!

Better late than never but I want to join in the MFC Mothers Club - and of course the fun too!

I have a 12 week old daughter so she is very new...and unfortunately a long way off fending for herself in regards to meals etc..but she sleeps from 11pm till 7am so I fit in my MIKA time when I can :)

I dropped her off at my parents today so I could have some Mika time (well me time) but I spent most of it driving around with Life In Cartoon Motion blasting from my speakers!!

My hubby doesnt like sharing me with Mika...too bad for him - can always get another hubby!

Hilarious! Welcome Waltzing Matilda, good to have more Aussies here! I would invite you over to my mother/baby playgroup tomorrow, but its in Tokyo so you probably can't make it. (I'm the only LC in Tokyo, and so anything feeding related comes my way!) They all think I am a very strange person, pink stripy hair and Mika playing in the background for the babies to bop along to.

You get to be lucky #40, WM:biggrin2: . How amazing, there are AT LEAST 40 Mika mad mothers, there are a bunch more who haven;t been over here to admit their secret lives yet. hehehe.:naughty:

Hello everyone!

Hey Congrats. WM !!!!:punk: I remember recommending this thread to you the other day !!! And here you are !! You'll have fun & get a lot of support here love !!!:wub2::biggrin2:

Yes Happikali, you did recommend this thread to me the other day...took me this long to find it! (bit of a computer noddy I'm afraid!). Thanks! Would you believe that on the same day you have your mothers group in Tokyo Blue Sky, I start mine but in Perth...look out - fun capital of Aust - not :(

Wish me luck...I find the mothers group idea kind of scary!

Have a great day everyone...I'm sure I will speak to you later this arvo.

Yes Happikali, you did recommend this thread to me the other day...took me this long to find it! (bit of a computer noddy I'm afraid!). Thanks! Would you believe that on the same day you have your mothers group in Tokyo Blue Sky, I start mine but in Perth...look out - fun capital of Aust - not :(

Wish me luck...I find the mothers group idea kind of scary!

Have a great day everyone...I'm sure I will speak to you later this arvo.

Have fun WM. My mothers group is a riot. I just get to hold other people's cute babies and make them laugh.... and hand them back when they cry. Today is a pot luck lunch..I need to get off and go cook something.

I was thinking last night WM, if you are in Perth, one of the "rock stars" of the Lactation world is there, Rebecca Glover, she made the best video, we all use it, all over the world, to help mothers and babies get things sorted out!! Just a snippet of useless info!

Thanks for the info...Really needed that video early on as the bf thing kinda got to me...is she getting enough etc etc...anyway - I express for her so shes getting some lovin !! Otherwise its the bottle I'm afraid...

I must thank you for the early morning giggle at handing back peoples babies when they cry...good one!

Happy cooking...!

Thanks for the link to little Connie singing (whoever it was, sorry, forgot for the moment - oh Blue Sky)- so sweet! I usually hate with a passion seeing little children perform like this BUT she is stunning, and very natural, let's hope she stays that way!

Simon was dying to cry wasn't he. :bleh:

OK I need to rant! Why am I the only one who is bothered about my son's homework???? I have spent the last 15 mins trying to find it while he is out playing and my husband is cycling about on my youngest's bike.... I have just shouted out the front door that I have given up, it's NOT my responsibility and if it doesn't get done it will not be my fault.

My husband is a teacher fgs!!! In fact, not even a teacher - a Depute Rector!!! Why is it always down to me!??!

OK, am calm. Rant over.....

I always have to do the homework stuff, and before he left my ex would just say "they are at school all day - they should teach them the stuff there, instead of expecting parents to do it" Needless to say, the children agreed with him, but still did their homework - because I DONT do punishment exercises!!!!! :sneaky2:

OK I need to rant! Why am I the only one who is bothered about my son's homework???? I have spent the last 15 mins trying to find it while he is out playing and my husband is cycling about on my youngest's bike.... I have just shouted out the front door that I have given up, it's NOT my responsibility and if it doesn't get done it will not be my fault.

My husband is a teacher fgs!!! In fact, not even a teacher - a Depute Rector!!! Why is it always down to me!??!

OK, am calm. Rant over.....

GITB

When I looked at this thread just now, I was in the middle of ranting about homework to my own kids! Because my computer says the local time for all the posts, it looks as if you were ranting at your kids at 2am, but of course that is Tokyo time! :biggrin2: I did a double take before I remembered.

I always have to do the homework stuff, and before he left my ex would just say "they are at school all day - they should teach them the stuff there, instead of expecting parents to do it" Needless to say, the children agreed with him, but still did their homework - because I DONT do punishment exercises!!!!! :sneaky2:

Wendi, in Japan everyone goes to after school school as well as normal school, and it is just too much!! The parents end up doing more homework related stuff than you can imagine! There are documentaries made all over the world about the Japanese cram school and exam pressure. I just lived through it with one child, and two more coming up. Not keen to do it again, it is a waste of the children's lives and dangerous for their mental health!!

OK rant over....need some Zen...off to do the pick up rounds!

Well...I have kind of the opposite problem GITB. I homeschool my two youngest, and my husband likes to think of himself as "principal" or "headmaster" or in other words...I'm the teacher and he's my boss! He likes to manage how I'm doing it, where I'm doing it, what I'm doing, he is involved in every aspect. This is good, but he micromanages me and it drives me nuts. Keep in mind the two youngest are only 5 and 6. Here in the US the 6 yr old should have just finished his first year of school which would have been kindergarten according to his age. But with us, he is finishing 2nd grade. This is because he began to read by himself at age 2 and is advanced. It is the reason I'm homeschooling him, because I don't want him placed with older children nor being bored with kids his own age.

My husband tries to push him a little and I'm totally against that. I want my son to set the pace. He's already ahead, and sometimes his maturity, his attention level doesn't match his ability. So he can become frustrated if pushed. Hubby wants to make sure he keeps advancing....and I know he will, but hubby drives me nuts over this sometimes. I've already told him I have to do it my way.

Drives me mad.

Just wondering...do they let people homeschool in Japan? That pace for kids would drive me crazy too.

Just wondering...do they let people homeschool in Japan? That pace for kids would drive me crazy too.

I have several friends who home school here, but they are mostly not Japanese. Regular school is not bad per se, but it is the gotta-get-into-the-right-junior high/high/university pressure that gets me. That is why all the kids do the after school stuff. Regular school doesn't push them enough.

Homeschooling depends on the family's philosophy I think. I am pretty open to it, but few Japanese people do it. Even the most moderate families go a bit weird when it comes time to do entrance exams.