The KIWI Thread

RosinaKiwi

HELLO & WELCOME NEWCOMERS!

there are a few things Id like to say to you all

first of all we are all family here so whatever you want to say you can say, we even argue with eachother sometimes but thats how things work

dont worry about spelling or grammer, its a thread, you might be in a hurry or you mite type things wrong or be terrible at spelling, none of these things matter here

there are a few ideas in motion that we plan to start in the new year and if you have any suggestions, ideas or improvements then dont hesitate to just jump on in and post them!

we have the facebook street team:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=202872602355

We have a twitter page:

http://www.twitter.com/MIKA_ComeToNZ

And I had the idea for a myspace and youtube page but havent started them yet.

other ideas that have been posted have been

*voting old mika songs on C4

*voting rain on radiostations (get your friends/family to do this too)

*traveling book - an A3 size scrap book that will travel around new zealand posting all the good things mika might like to do while in new zealand. hand written to make it more personal and theres a signature pages at the back for everyone who wants to sign a SHORT message

*Lollipop_girl had an idea of sending mika a maori Doll Necklace! we knows he loves culture, and handmade stuff, and getting stuff from his fans!

Others please post if ive forgotten something?

and finally

hi, im Rosina, the MFC Rep for new zealand, Im from the manawatu, im 21, I have dyslexia so I suck at spelling but its all good!

Dont forget...HAVE FUN!

Recently added Mikaferns

#18-Randumb

#19-Nique

#20-nationalhouseofpancakes

Edited by RosinaKiwi

Ah, so there is a NZ thread. Hello :bye:

HELLO!

And welcome!

Dont forget to just jump in on whatever we are talking about and invite all your friends and.........have fun!

added you to front page

#20-nationalhouseofpancakes

Im not sure if this is how you reply to a thread, but im gonna do it this way.

I honestly thought i was like the only mika fan in NZ. Wel, me and a few of my mates. but omg theres more!

Im so exited, even though these posts are from like 2007.

Mika should soooo come to NZ. That would be super fantastic.

But hey, im sure hes very busy. i have just had a mind blank on how to spell busy. is it s or z?

oh well.

YAY NZ MIKA FANS

the very beginning of this thread is from 2007 then it makes its way through 111 pages till today!

I remember creating this page in 2007!

yep, thats the idea! we have a few ideas going at the moment, just get involved, ill put a post after this one to tell you new comers all about our ideas and if you have any suggestions, improvements and ideas dont hesitate to post them here!

I added you

#19-Nique

I heard he wants to come to New Zealand!

So lets keep our fingers crossed :biggrin2:

added you to the front page

#18-Randumb

that he does! his mum told us when he came to sydney. as charlie said the only way he can justify coming is if we get him in the top 40. we just have to work as hard as we can to make it happen!

Wow. The concert mustve been amazing. I watched him on aussie idol.

anything i can do to help get him into the charts just let me know.

It would be great if he did come here.

I would be super estatic.

hes pretty amazing live, and im sure New Zealand would love it! look at my previous post and read about the ideas we have so far and if you have any other ideas, dont hesitate to post!

we need to be a bit more loud about it since im sure in new zealand mika is a bit of a guilty pleasure for most people!

Everyone's felt like that here, trust me. I was so surprised to find a Kiwi thread on MFC! I was one of the later arrivals to the thread but I've been here since around the same time as RosinaKiwi.

Ok, so we're brainstorming ideas on getting Mika to NZ.

We need to spread the word but NOT OVERDO IT.

Agreed.

I remember when and why I started the thread, I was the 3rd kiwi on the fan club but there was no place I could talk to the others cos the only thread to post in was the australian thread, so I decided new zealand needed her own thread!

and then the two other kiwi memebers started posting in here (from memory I think You were one of the first 2 Khaylah)

agreed that we dont over do it but we can do many projects at the same time that work to the same goal...im sure that a petiton isnt going to work becasue there is not enough of us.

as long as its respectul, does not overpower mika (which might make him find us irritating) and works to our goal of getting him here!

did anyone catch the edge real early this morning...I was up at 6 for some odd reason this morning and caught the first bit of the countdown to the top 10 worst songs of the decade...and while grace kelly was nominated and got to the top 20 voting...didnt make it to the top ten, fortunately/unfortunately!

I say /unfortunately because any publicity/excuse to play his songs has to be good publicity!

anyway, this woman rang and asked if it had made it to the top 10, and that it was the most irritating song of the decade to her. they were talking about it being weird and mike peru aparently likes it... and I text in and said that I liked it because it was irritating in some way and could they by any chance play his new single...so as to not irritate listeners!

Edited by RosinaKiwi

No, I joined the Kiwis a little further down the road I think. I ignored you all for a bit because I'm such an anarchist :wink2:

NIIIIICE! I think people need to pull their heads in personally. It DIDN'T make it lady! Be happy, they didn't play it so ya didn't have to listen to it!

I bet she secretly liked the song but didn't want to admit it because Mika's some what of a guilty pleasure :naughty:

No, I joined the Kiwis a little further down the road I think. I ignored you all for a bit because I'm such an anarchist :wink2:

NIIIIICE! I think people need to pull their heads in personally. It DIDN'T make it lady! Be happy, they didn't play it so ya didn't have to listen to it!

I bet she secretly liked the song but didn't want to admit it because Mika's some what of a guilty pleasure :naughty:

yes...exactly...I think mika is too much of a guilty pleasure people will never really admit to listening to it unless theyre talking to someone else who likes!

When I talk to people they say they like him but when I pretend I dont like him others dont like him...secretly they do but they dont think its acceptable to listen to him!

oh right! yes... your one of the ignoring people! a lot of people didnt talke me all that seriously back then...then again...back then I was righting Fanfic that was quite bad I cringe when I read it now!

:aah:

I had an idea for a youtube...I have quite a few videos of places in new zealand and it could even evolve into stuff from all of us...ima trust yall with the password! we could do a Kiwi mikafan colab channel!

it could even be just to post things for eachother...and/or post videos/pics of meetups, gigs etc!

lemmy know what you think about this idea!

There are some great ideas. Im sorry im not verry good at coming up with ideas, but im fully ready to support them in any way i can!

I just sent in a request to ZM for Rain. Its the only radio station played in this house, so i went there first.

And yes Mika definately is a guilty pleasure. Whenever i manage to get "the boy who knew too much" into our car CD player, my little brother is singing along, but when i notice, he starts mocking it. XD

I think sending him a maori doll necklace is a good idea, i think he would love it!

I like the youtube idea too! :) I think i put a vid of kariotahi beach photos that i took on there. Its not good, but its not bad either. Im petluva319 if anyone wants to add me? :)

I told my friend to join the fan club, its just a matter of how long it takes him to remember!

8D

Hey guys, just to let you know that I personally have left Twitter.

As far as my endeavor to be a performer goes and also my fanship to Mika (though NOT Greg Wells), I am still going to be an active member as @Liyonah.

@vampirelyonesse will be deleted if anyone follows my twilight vampire roleplay account and basically, my @Liyonah self that is my daily life and feelings about people in my world at school and where I live, will now disappear.

Just so as you all know and nobody thinks I've turned cold hearted or anything :wink2:

yes...exactly...I think mika is too much of a guilty pleasure people will never really admit to listening to it unless theyre talking to someone else who likes!

When I talk to people they say they like him but when I pretend I dont like him others dont like him...secretly they do but they dont think its acceptable to listen to him!

oh right! yes... your one of the ignoring people! a lot of people didnt talke me all that seriously back then...then again...back then I was righting Fanfic that was quite bad I cringe when I read it now!

:aah:

I had an idea for a youtube...I have quite a few videos of places in new zealand and it could even evolve into stuff from all of us...ima trust yall with the password! we could do a Kiwi mikafan colab channel!

it could even be just to post things for eachother...and/or post videos/pics of meetups, gigs etc!

lemmy know what you think about this idea!

Not that I didn't take you seriously, but you know what I'm like about New Zealand and admitting to being Kiwi. For the first few years (oh look, I'm still doing this:) I put something about London in my whereabouts because I didn't want to say where I was really from.

Not that I have anything against NZ, just that all my inspiration came from the UK but primarily London.

Oooh I LOVE my fanfics! I still write them in my head and if I had anything truely special to say, I'd post it on Quizilla (but never here - Can't do that after the "I respect Mika" faze :roftl:)

Good idea for a utube Ro, I'm in and I'm off to Taupo soonish so will try take pictures and upload them though I've not a clue how to make vids!

There are some great ideas. Im sorry im not verry good at coming up with ideas, but im fully ready to support them in any way i can!

I just sent in a request to ZM for Rain. Its the only radio station played in this house, so i went there first.

And yes Mika definately is a guilty pleasure. Whenever i manage to get "the boy who knew too much" into our car CD player, my little brother is singing along, but when i notice, he starts mocking it. XD

I think sending him a maori doll necklace is a good idea, i think he would love it!

I like the youtube idea too! :) I think i put a vid of kariotahi beach photos that i took on there. Its not good, but its not bad either. Im petluva319 if anyone wants to add me? :)

I told my friend to join the fan club, its just a matter of how long it takes him to remember!

8D

I'll add you when I get a spare moment. I'm lollipoplyonesse

Cool, you're doing great! :boing: The more support we can drum up (without being a pain) the better!

we will get there in the end!

Agreed :original:

My new Twitter/Facebook and soon-to-be everything avatar:

34j6smx.jpg

Ava Garter (who was Mika's burlesque opening act at the Roxy back at the not-so-secret gig. She was saying her kids were playing with "Legos" on her twitter which I follow and I said "Isn't the plural of lego just... Lego?"

She DMed me:

iooy81.jpg

I started following the Roxy and Island records during the not-so-secret gig week and they both DMed me. The Roxy's first reply to me was that they'd check if the audiance could bring in video cameras.

24fxrae.jpg

GREG WELLS REPLIED ME..... TWICE! :boing::boing::boing::boing:

158bgqs.jpg

Hope you all had a great christmas

Santa/mother gave me a dishcloth and baking soda...Bloody cheepscate! :roftl: I think it was a hint!

And whats with christmas crackers...I mean, SERIOUSLY! who puts a shoe horn in a christmas cracker? (they even spelt it shon horn) :boxed: WTF??

I hate christmas for one reason...FOOD! too much of it, and the fact that everyone gives you chocolate when Im trying to be good!

and some a** in the boxing day sale decided to say "lose some weight" while I was in like buying a boxing bag for my mums new garage (How obvious can it get?)

..so , you're saying you're leaving facebook, twitter, everything ? why?

Not leaving Facebook. I said my avatar was going to change to that picture for everything.

I was considering leaving Twitter because I'm sick to death of having holes picked in me by my aunt and 140 characters per post seems to have gotten me into a bit of trouble Greg-wise :wink2:

It's not really thr Greg thing anymore. the few comments about Greg (all but one were joking but it bothered me) were what made me reconsider my presence on Twitter but now (look at my twitter - I'm having an argument with my aunty right now!) I'm really feeling a lot more like it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

I just wanted to share some of the good experiences while I'm dealing with the bad because in bad times we usually tend to forget the good things and only see the bad.

But the truth is I'm really at a loss because the way I felt when I first got replied by Greg - That and that alone - Counteracts my bad feelings now and it makes me want to stay. I won't delete my account unless it's totally nessisary but it looks closer and closer to it.

Honestly, I just want to leave twitter mainly because now everythign I say gets picked apart by someone and now I've gotten to a point where I'm writing something honest and sincere and I delete it before posting because I don't want to get crap for it. I shouldn't do that and twitter is something I once enjoyed.

Hope you all had a great christmas

Santa/mother gave me a dishcloth and baking soda...Bloody cheepscate! :roftl: I think it was a hint!

And whats with christmas crackers...I mean, SERIOUSLY! who puts a shoe horn in a christmas cracker? (they even spelt it shon horn) :boxed: WTF??

I hate christmas for one reason...FOOD! too much of it, and the fact that everyone gives you chocolate when Im trying to be good!

and some a** in the boxing day sale decided to say "lose some weight" while I was in like buying a boxing bag for my mums new garage (How obvious can it get?)

*Slaps that guy*

ok I said this on charlies facebook group but id say it here too

we all know radiostations want numbers...and if we all do different radiostations they dont see the numbers! just an idea!

I say we have to collctively work at one radiostation at a time,maybe a different one each week...cos Ive been working at the edge madhouse morning show and they just laughed cos nobody else was there to back me up!

its not spam if we show a collective front! it is however spam if there is only one of us constantly emailing, txting and calling requesting the same song!:thumb_yello:

ok I said this on charlies facebook group but id say it here too

we all know radiostations want numbers...and if we all do different radiostations they dont see the numbers! just an idea!

I say we have to collctively work at one radiostation at a time,maybe a different one each week...cos Ive been working at the edge madhouse morning show and they just laughed cos nobody else was there to back me up!

its not spam if we show a collective front! it is however spam if there is only one of us constantly emailing, txting and calling requesting the same song!:thumb_yello:

We could do whay we appear to do best: Go at 10 projects at once :wink2:

So if we have a post with all the radi stations and tv stations we are using, we can kind of go through them all, once each through each week so that we get them all done if that makes sense.

We could do whay we appear to do best: Go at 10 projects at once :wink2:

So if we have a post with all the radi stations and tv stations we are using, we can kind of go through them all, once each through each week so that we get them all done if that makes sense.

I know, I just said it because charlie was saying "were getting nowhere"

I dont quite get your explanation here...explain plz

I was just meaning that like. after a while we should figure out the ones who seem to be more receptive and then target them! more FM is more into playing rain/wag than the edge is it seems, and so I think we should start targeting them together, (not just more fm that was more of an example) soon enough c4 will have to add it to select if its getting airtime!

its a matter of figuring out who will take you seriously and actually play it!

I also wanted to suggest to try get it played on Taste Test Tuesday with clint on the edge! hes pretty rad!

I know, I just said it because charlie was saying "were getting nowhere"

I dont quite get your explanation here...explain plz

I was just meaning that like. after a while we should figure out the ones who seem to be more receptive and then target them! more FM is more into playing rain/wag than the edge is it seems, and so I think we should start targeting them together, (not just more fm that was more of an example) soon enough c4 will have to add it to select if its getting airtime!

its a matter of figuring out who will take you seriously and actually play it!

I also wanted to suggest to try get it played on Taste Test Tuesday with clint on the edge! hes pretty rad!

Yah more fm are great. We've also got Juice and J2 which play lots of stuff. It's a pity they canned "Alt TV' cos they would have played it.

I mean like if we had

More FM

(link)

The edge

(link)

... etc

Then we can go through and request on each and do that once a week or more and then we can target many and do it easily.

The edge are like people from my town. They're like.... I'll do them if you think it'll help but I mean, I don't think they'll be too receptive you know?

I'm off on holiday now, see you later thisweek! :huglove:

Yah more fm are great. We've also got Juice and J2 which play lots of stuff. It's a pity they canned "Alt TV' cos they would have played it.

I mean like if we had

More FM

(link)

The edge

(link)

... etc

Then we can go through and request on each and do that once a week or more and then we can target many and do it easily.

The edge are like people from my town. They're like.... I'll do them if you think it'll help but I mean, I don't think they'll be too receptive you know?

I'm off on holiday now, see you later thisweek! :huglove:

good idea ill get on to it and post it on the front page and charlie can maybe put it as a post on facebook!

im trying to think of the perfect idea for the name of youtube colab idea!

I could end up just copying either twitter account or facebook group names!

any ideas peoples?

Kiwi_MIKAStreetTeam

MIKA_come2NZ

Aotearoha_mikafans

MIKAFernscolab

:boxed:

have fun on holiday!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are you serious...new zealand mika, AKA the guy who thinks people would get confused if mika came to new zealand

this is him MURDERING a perfectly good song!

Are you serious? I might be harsh but I dont like this rendition, and I totally dont see how anyone confuse him with MIKA, how stupid would you actually have to be?

Edited by RosinaKiwi

all the people I know mock him and stuff so I just kinda sit there and go uha uha uha but I know they only put his music on to mock because they secretly like it and its a way of listening to it without being teased for it. And these are guys. I noticed that they all seem to know all the lyrics so they must listen to it with nobody around as well....I of course am still the only one who can hit the high notes : ) lol There voices crack trying to. rofl

all the people I know mock him and stuff so I just kinda sit there and go uha uha uha but I know they only put his music on to mock because they secretly like it and its a way of listening to it without being teased for it. And these are guys. I noticed that they all seem to know all the lyrics so they must listen to it with nobody around as well....I of course am still the only one who can hit the high notes : ) lol There voices crack trying to. rofl

you can hit the high notes you lucky thing! im pretty sure that most people who play it to mock him when in company play him when theyre alone and enjoy it, theyre just to scared to own up to the fact!

see my friends are differnt, im convinced they dont like him at all. they will have nothing to do with his music even to make fun of it!

my father secretly likes his music sometimes though he will never tell me, because he said he was cool then I played life in cartoon motion endlessly and he wont listen in my presence!

how were your new years?

Did anyone catch the royal variety bash on tv1 last night?

i spent new years with my mum and she has no tv (since i stole it for my place)

I didnt know about it till stingray text me and told me he was watching mika on tv and i was like WHAAT! :'(

yeah...I totally missed it!

I went to sleep and set the allarm for midnight! we counted down and then said happy new year...then went back to sleep! oh and broke the wishbone from the chicken we had from christmas dinner! that was pretty much it! I know...how boring of me!