Mika @ Hippodrome d'Auteuil, Paris

Yoppappop

Mariposa (Marion) and I met up at the metro station near the hotel, then got to the hotel to leave our bags. Our room wasn't ready yet, so we had to get dressed in a small room, it was quite funny since we didn't have too much space :naughty:

Then we got near the Hippodrome around noon but we first went to eat sth. At 2 pm laurence and biche told us that they had already been waiting for 2 hours, so they were quite ahead in the crowd! We joined them there. I don't know how long we stood and sat there talking about everything and nothing. Suddenly the security guards told us to move backwards; nobody understood why! That was quite chaotic, but it was at that moment that johnny managed to join us! Around 6 pm we finally got in! It was a looooong way to walk the Hippodrome is huge! So we ended up in the 4th row or so. We would have had a good spot if there hadn't been those 2 tall idiots that kept pushing us back (seriously at some moments I would have liked to kill them!!). There are always people who don't realise that they are not alone in this world!

So we were standing there and some band was still rehearsing I don't even remember which one lol when they left I remember Laurence asking me "who is on stage now?" I had to stand on tiptoe to see sth and I remember seeing Michael Choi, but I was not sure if it was him until I saw Luke!! And I said: "it's Mika's band!!" we were like "OMG" then we saw him at the back of the stage with his yellow glasses on, talking to somebody! It took him quite while to really come on stage! He was unshaved and without make-up! But still handsome! I don't know how he manages to always be handsome! As he came on we all yelled together "Yo Mika". He started to perform relax and we all sung along like crazy!! Than GK, amazing too!! Johnny06 already mentioned it, but it was so cool when he played with his braces and Mika actually looked at him and having a big smile!! Just awesome!! I felt like: "cool now he knows that some real fans are here!"

We still had to wait until the concert really began and Mika was among the first acts with Relax. I loved his red tie!!! Johnny took some amazing pics with my camera, because I'm too small to take any lol I have a big muscle ache right now in my neck from streching myself to the maximum to see sth :naughty: Mika is just amazing live!! After Relax he was interviewed, but we didn't get to hear anything, because of all the screaming from hysteric teenagers *argh*

Then he left and the rest was quite boring for me because I didn't know most of the artists. When Tokio Hotel came on we had to almost fight for our lives! LOL no seriously I've never seen anything like that!! All the pushing and everything! I can tell you I was happy to survive it LOL after Tokio Hotel we saw like 5 people being carried away, because they fainted… really incredible!!!

Towards the end Mika came on again with GK!! He jumped around like crazy so that I couldn't take any pics lol he was again dressed in a different way (we got to see 3 different outfits that night! LOL)! He's an amazing performer!! It's just impossible to describe that in words! It was over too fast and as soon as he had left we made our (long) way through the crowd to the artists exit! There we were told that Mika's band had already left by foot! Mika had not been seen yet. But we kept waiting and nobody came. As johnny already said at one moment when the security guards were gone we went in, found some chocolates and had fun to see what it looks like backstage lol that was when the "red carpet picture" was taken lol we were VIPs for 10 minutes lol I wish we had been able to get in there a few hours earlier!

Then we went to a "café" to drink sth (we had drunk almost nothing during 10 hours!) and than Relax came on at the radio! So cool! We sat there and talked until they closed, we got out and watched our pics! But instead of going home johnny had the idea to go out somewhere lol. After running around a few hours in Paris we finally ended up at mac donalds where we sat until almost 6 am talking about Mika, the mfc and everything related! I have to say that it was one of the best nights I've ever had!! It was just so great to be with people you can talk about Mika for hours!! (I always fear to drive my friends crazy with talking about him too much, but here you could talk just as much as you wanted!) yeah we really didn't want to leave each other and I'm so looking forward to June 30th!! Mariposa and I got back to the hotel (by the time the metro was already running normally again :naughty: ) we took our breakfast before going to bed loooool we finally got to sleep around 7:40 am and had to get up at 11am again to catch our trains back home again!

So that was it basically! 10 hours of waiting and suffering to see 15 minutes of Mika, but I somehow must be crazy to still be thinking that it was totally worth it!! I really don't regret it! Mika's just perfect and his fans are too! I know very few people I liked so much from the very beginning as I did with you guys!! Perfect idol ==> perfect fans, seems logical :D

cath, this report is absolutely great !! thanks so much for sharing !! you must have had a really great night then :thumb_yello: !! i wish i had been with you ... but i had to go home early because of an exam ...

nice pictures too !

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cath, this report is absolutely great !! thanks so much for sharing !! you must have had a really great night then :thumb_yello: !! i wish i had been with you ... but i had to go home early because of an exam ...

nice pictures too !

you really should have been with us! too bad you weren't! next time we won't miss each other ;)

Ok, so here’s finally my report of the concert at the hippodrome d’Auteuil.

I’m sorry I didn’t post it before, but I didn’t have the time.

I also hope that it's not too boring for you to read it...:biggrin2:

I’ll start from the very beginnig which means from the very mornig of June 21st. I got up at 4 AM (after having slept only 2:30 hrs), left the house one hour later and then waited impatiently for the bus to Marseille from where I was to take the train (TGV). The “problem†was that in fact the bus only left at 5:45...and my train in Marseille was to leave at 6:27...I was really paniking, even thimnking about taking a taxi, but finally I got in that bus which luckily arrived at Marseille at 6:12 or s.th. So somehow I manged to be on the train 2 minutes before it left – Thank god. I arrived in Paris about 3 hrs later and I then met Cath85 at the métro station which was close to our hotel. We went to our hotel which was really close to the Hippodrome. Unfortunatelly our room wasn’t ready yet and we were told to come back at about 2 PM, but of course this was way too late for us, so we just left our baggage in the baggage room and got changed in the bath room.

We wanted to wear s.th colourful. So Cath85 chose her white skinny jeans and a blue top over a pink one and wore her Allstars. I wore a colourful top and my jeans skirt together with my polkadots shoes.

After that we went to a restaurant/bar to eat something were the two of us experienced our first MIKA-experience of the day *lol* Well, the real Mika wasn’t involved, but anyway...Apparently some of the waiters was also called and they were screaming his name all over the place...and of course we were like what’s going on...

At 2 PM we joined Laurence and Delphine (Biche) who had good spots in the queue. It was cool to finally have 4 Mika fans togehter in the middle of all these crazy Tokio Hotel fans!!!

At 4 PM Jonathan (johnny06 ) arrived wearing cool red braces/suspenders. But a stupid security guard didn’t let him join us...But in the end we enterred the venue together because for no particular reason all the people were told to step back and we were alle pushed back.

Ayway, that ws when Jonathan could finally join us. We than had to wait for a couple ofminutes until we were let in into the hippodrome...This was kinda horrible because everybody was pushing and we all couln’t move nor breathe properly.

Once enterred everybody started to run in order to get good places in front of the scene. We ended up with quite cool spots in the 3rd/4th row or s.th.

More and more people kept coming in...and we were really happy when some bands were already having their sound check in the afternoon. And only half an hour after we got there Mika and his band cmae out to to theirs.

Mika was looking great! Before the rehaersal even started he was wearing his glasses and his hair wasn’t styled... he was wearing a white jumper and a jeans with a cool belt. They were than rehearsing first “Relax†and “Grace Kelly†the two songs which were to be performed later on the show. The atmosphere was already amazing and the whole crowd was emotionally involved. Mika speaking choirs everywhere ;) You could feel that everybody loves Mika (of course!!!!).

Oh, and Jonathan also got noticed by Mika showing him his braces *lol* So in any case it was worth buying them!!!

After that we had to wait for some more hours until the actual concert started (at 8:50 PM). Most of the artists were French artists, some of them did quite a cool show (Bob Sinclair, Yannick Noah, Christophe Willem,...), some were only annoying. Anyway, Mika delivered his first song quite early (Relax) and it was just GREAT!!!

After that he was interviewed by the host of the evening, but unfortunatelly we didn’t understand a single word of what they were saying. So I was quite glad that someone had already put in on youtube when I came back home yesterday so that I could watch it and see what we had “missedâ€. I loved Mika’s red tie *sigh*

Unfortunatelly I couldn’t take many pix, and most turned out quite bad...Anyway I’ve managed to do some which were ok. But johnny06 and cath85 got some amazing ones!!!! :wub2: not to forget about the vids Jonathan took!!!!! *OMG*

After that some more artists were on, mong them Avril Lavigne singing “Girlfriend†and Tokio Hotel. All I can say now is that it was quite an experience to see them in concert, or to put it differetnly to se the “reaction†of all their fans. That was crazy. From the very beginnig of their performance all these tennie girls were going completely nuts and lost their minds...They were screaming all the way through, you couldn’t even hear the music properly. Moreover, people started pushing and everybody got stuck, we couldn’t move properly. Lots of girls fainted in the middle of the crowd and had to be pulled out by the security guards. The whole situation was crazy. I knew that TH were famous in France but I was surprised that it was such a hysteria...

We decided to wait for Mika’s second performsance – Grace Kelly! It was so cool to see how hundred thousands of people wers singing along with it!!! Mika did great (as alwasys). So much energy!

You’ve all already seen the vids on youtube or on dailymotin I guess, if you haven’t just take a look at it! It’s definatelly worth watching them!

It was definatelly worth waiting 10 hours for finally having 15 minutes of Mika (altogether). I would have also been wirth if he had only performed one song. His pure presence is just like a compensation for all the waiting, pushing and living without water *lol*

After that we decided to leave the venue...When we were just on the back Razorlight started to play (America), they were really good and so we decided to watch their performance and go back afterwards. We first went to the artist’s exit...but we son leanrt that Mika’s band had already left (they were apparently walking and not taking the car...ay...we should have been there some minutes earlier!). As to Mika, we didn’t know if he was still there or not, so we decided to wait. At one moment a car drove by and we were almost sure that Mika was in the car...but maybe this was only our imagination. At about 1 AM all the security left – so we decided to have a little walk in the artist’s area. It was very cool and we even got some delicious VIP biscuits (haha) and found something to drink.

So, yeah, we didn’t meet Mika but we were still having a good time, didn’t we?

After that we decided to look for a litle bar in order to finally DRINK something, and we found one which was still open....and while we were just sitting there and chatting “Relax†was played on the radio!!! :yay: The bar was closed at 2 AM, so we actually wanted to go “home†– but somehow e then got distracted by watching our Mika pix *lol* Must have looked funny...

We then changed our phone numbers and wereabout to say goodbye – but then we decided to go in town to celebrate a bit. It took quite a while to find a métro station which was still open. We then wanted to go into a club, but they wouldn’t let Laurence eter because she was wearing flip flops...So we decided to look for another one somewhere else. But when we arrived there it was already quite tired and we finally ended up sitting in a Mc Donald’s – quite a good place to chat...we stayed there until 5:45 or s.th I think and then finally said or goodbyes.:)

Cath85 and me finally were able to check in our hotel...It was about 6:15 AM and he recptionist was giving us a funny look *lol* and reminded us “kindly†that were were suppossed to leave the room before 12 AM...We then frst had or breakfast and then went to bed at about 7:30 AM...Of course we were still tired when we had to get uo only a few hours later...

We then discovered that it was raining very badly....and were lcuky that it hasn’t been like this the night before!! We then went to the station to take our train back home.

Cath85, Laurence, BICHE, johnny06 – thank you so much for making my day special. I’m so happy that I met you!! We were having an amazing time!!!!!!

Arcenciel: I wish you could have come with us!

well on the first pic mariposa posted from left to right there are: mariposa, johnny06, me, biche and laurence

thanks for posting the pics btw, I love the 4th one!! great smile :wub2: I got some amazing pics too, but you'll have to be patient to see them! probably in less than 2 weeks ;)

I'll write my report now! prepare yourself to some serious reading :naughty:

Cath, I love your report!!!!!!!

Can't wait for your pix either although I've already seen them :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

After that we decided to leave the venue...When we were just on the back Razorlight started to play (America), they were really good and so we decided to watch their performance and go back afterwards. We first went to the artist’s exit...but we son leanrt that Mika’s band had already left (they were apparently walking and not taking the car...ay...we should have been there some minutes earlier!). As to Mika, we didn’t know if he was still there or not, so we decided to wait. At one moment a car drove by and we were almost sure that Mika was in the car...but maybe this was only our imagination. At about 1 AM all the security left – so we decided to have a little walk in the artist’s area. It was very cool and we even got some delicious VIP biscuits (haha) and found something to drink.

So, yeah, we didn’t meet Mika but we were still having a good time, didn’t we?

After that we decided to look for a litle bar in order to finally DRINK something, and we found one which was still open....and while we were just sitting there and chatting “Relax†was played on the radio!!! :yay: The bar was closed at 2 AM, so we actually wanted to go “home†– but somehow e then got distracted by watching our Mika pix *lol* Must have looked funny...

We then changed our phone numbers and wereabout to say goodbye – but then we decided to go in town to celebrate a bit. It took quite a while to find a métro station which was still open. We then wanted to go into a club, but they wouldn’t let Laurence eter because she was wearing flip flops...So we decided to look for another one somewhere else. But when we arrived there it was already quite tired and we finally ended up sitting in a Mc Donald’s – quite a good place to chat...we stayed there until 5:45 or s.th I think and then finally said or goodbyes.:)

Cath85 and me finally were able to check in our hotel...It was about 6:15 AM and he recptionist was giving us a funny look *lol* and reminded us “kindly†that were were suppossed to leave the room before 12 AM...We then frst had or breakfast and then went to bed at about 7:30 AM...Of course we were still tired when we had to get uo only a few hours later...

We then discovered that it was raining very badly....and were lcuky that it hasn’t been like this the night before!! We then went to the station to take our train back home.

Cath85, Laurence, BICHE, johnny06 – thank you so much for making my day special. I’m so happy that I met you!! We were having an amazing time!!!!!!

Arcenciel: I wish you could have come with us!

oh yeah that breakfast was so cool :naughty: and the guy at the reception really must have thought that we are nuts! but it's so funny :roftl:

you also made our day special ;) just like you said: we all got along as if we had been friends forever! it was really special!

thaank you for your pics and i loved your reports! it seems you've had such a great time together, it's amazing how mika brought us all together from every corner of the world!

Yes, thank you for sharing your experience! That Hippodrome looks like an amazing place. I keep thinking to myself --wouldn't it be nice to visit Paris and see all the sites AND see Mika!! :mf_lustslow: Maybe I should just focus on getting to see him in the states first haha!

Thanks for telling me who was who in the pictures. You are all very nice looking people!!

Yes, thank you for sharing your experience! That Hippodrome looks like an amazing place. I keep thinking to myself --wouldn't it be nice to visit Paris and see all the sites AND see Mika!! :mf_lustslow: Maybe I should just focus on getting to see him in the states first haha!

Thanks for telling me who was who in the pictures. You are all very nice looking people!!

I hope you can see him soon!!!

The hippodrome is huge because it's a place where horses run to win! I don't know how to say it english! :blink:

There's also festivals there because it's huge!!!

I hope you can see him soon!!!

The hippodrome is huge because it's a place where horses run to win! I don't know how to say it english! :blink:

There's also festivals there because it's huge!!!

Thanks!! Me too!!! Oh yeah - a place for horse races. It IS huge!! It looks really cool.

thaank you for your pics and i loved your reports! it seems you've had such a great time together, it's amazing how mika brought us all together from every corner of the world!

That's so true!!! And it's what I love most about this place...

You get to tknow people which feel exactly the same about Mika and his music...And of course this is a great base for further sharng of interests! :biggrin2:

Gosh I haven't been on the Internet since Saturday and I've just spent quite some time catching up with everything that has been posted...I love your concert reports!:thumb_yello:

Well now I've finally uploaded my concert vids...don't expect too much, they're quite shaky but I think they do at least capture the atmosphere!:punk: What's more is that you can see his rehearsals which is the part I enjoyed most!:biggrin2:

You should also check out the video of when Tokio Hotel came on stage...I made a film of the time when all the hysteria starts to build up...really crazy plus you get to see us in the video as well lol!:naughty: Oops got some problems here...you get Tokio Hotel and us later and it's all Mika for now!

Here you go...

another oops! I can't find them myself...maybe they still have to be processed...well my username is johnnyfish06 so you should be able to finf them:wink2:

Gosh I haven't been on the Internet since Saturday and I've just spent quite some time catching up with everything that has been posted...I love your concert reports!:thumb_yello:

Well now I've finally uploaded my concert vids...don't expect too much, they're quite shaky but I think they do at least capture the atmosphere!:punk: What's more is that you can see his rehearsals which is the part I enjoyed most!:biggrin2:

You should also check out the video of when Tokio Hotel came on stage...I made a film of the time when all the hysteria starts to build up...really crazy plus you get to see us in the video as well lol!:naughty: Oops got some problems here...you get Tokio Hotel and us later and it's all Mika for now!

Here you go...

another oops! I can't find them myself...maybe they still have to be processed...well my username is johnnyfish06 so you should be able to finf them:wink2:

thank you so much johnny! i'm looking forward to see your videos!:biggrin2: and to meet you on saturday yayy!!!:thumb_yello: