2009 - MIKA @ Popstarz Live @ The Scala, London 11-09 - REPORTS, PHOTOS, VIDS

Blue Sky

:naughty: Are they also all blind though? :lmfao: Because after he released the WAG video, to be honest, there shouldn't have been any doubts left in anyone's mind :roftl:

WAG video? :blink:

Nothing happened here because of the WAG video. It's just that quite a few gay guys were beaten in the streets and a gay club was damaged at night. :boxed:

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo I got to London and met Danika. We found the travelodge and it was me, Danika and Laurel in there just talking and whatever. Tiibet was there too but she soon retreated to join other people. Then we met Jennie and bought our lunch, and went back to the hotel room to pig out.

We also had an iPod with speakers so we had a little party in this room of ours, dancing and singing away to Mika songs, which was great fun!

Then came Sariflor, Babs, Silver, Kath...have I missed anyone?

For a long period of time it was just me, Danika, Jennie and Sariflor, and then Babs soon after. Was Laurel there too? I know Marianne was there.

Can I just take a moment to say how FANTASTIC it was to just sit around chatting to MFCers in real life? I mean, I know there was Sadler's Wells, but that was a HUGE group and you couldn't really have much of a conversation because there were so many people to see. And there was the pub on Monday too, but the music was uber loud and wasn't really appropriate for talking, so to me, this was a real meet up with MFCers and I LOVED it.

To the people I spent time with: I love you all, truly, and you made the day SO MUCH FRIGGIN FUN. Thanks for making it wonderful :wub2: And I really felt like part of the crew too, like "we're all in this together". :huglove:

We ended up meeting other people when getting the tickets and then back at the hotel pub (after saying hello to John!) which was just as nice to interact with more people.

At about 8:30pm we started to queue up.

I was surprised at how small the venue was and how CLOSE we were to the stage and how SMALL the stage was! It was very intimate and I was so glad to be front row.

Come gig time, I did feel squashed. Now, I haven't been to a stand up gig since Hammersmith 08 so to me it did seem really pushy. I know to others it didn't because they're used to it, but for me it's been about a year and a half since so I guess I found it a bit more problematic.

One guy behind me had a cup in his hand when Mika came on and this dude behind me started jumping up and down, the drink went ALL over my foot -_- and I was not very amused to say the least :aah: But they were drunk and excited.

The guy behind me was so frikkin close to me I could feel his crotch sliding up and down my backside everytime he jumped which quite frankly was very annoying. I did feel squashed and could barely jump myself, though I tried. The guy behind me ended up squishing me to the point where I did yell "BACK OFF!!" I think that might be on video :roftl:

And there were cameras above and between me and Jennie which was irritating at first but I got used to it. I tried to move this one guys arm cos it was practically in front of Jennie's face and I think he apologised, I don't think he meant to do it, was just a little excited I guess.

The gig itself was really really good, I got a fair amount of eye contact and managed to touch Mika's hand twice when he put it in the crowd :blush-anim-cl:

He showed his true divaness when he sang Happy Ending, those high notes! :naughty:

As for Lollipop, maybe I did overreact, but I won't lie when I said I found it shocking because I wasn't expecting THAT to happen.

Mika pulled specific people onto the stage, about 3 people? And within a few seconds there was about 10 altogether. I was wondering whether to go on myself, but decided against it seeing as he only wanted a select few up there. And Sara is right I think, when she says it was more about interacting with the crowd in general rather than just us MFCers. He didn't ignore us in the slightest, but it did feel as though the club was special to him in a way.

About the picking up...that's what I found shocking, not necessarily people crowding him on stage and wanting to kiss him or whatever. The guy that picked him probably had good intentions, wanted to treat Mika like a King or something, but he picked him up by the legs and as we know, Mika is a very tall guy and there was probably a weight/height issue going on. Before I knew it Mika was descending BACKWARDS towards the crowd (Sara, Jennie and I) and he was literally inches away from hitting his head on the barriers. The three of us put our hands out to try and protect his head in case he did hit it, but luckily it didn't. I was horrified at the thought that Mika could have really hurt himself. Vix, who was on stage, said he looked fine and happy until he started going back, she said he looked a bit worried which is no surprise really.

I know the guy was probably drunk and excited and whatever, but health and safety issues!

I was glad I wasn't up there to be honest, I didn't want to be associated with it, but a part of me wishes I was on there to try and help prevent it from happening, because I wouldn't have taken that lying down. I was screaming at them (not that they could hear me) but they were being so innappropriate.

Well, what's done is done and nothing can be changed, but it's still upsetting. For me anyway.

Maybe if I watch it on YouTube I'll realise that perhaps it wasn't as bad as I'm making it sound, but seeing that happen right in front of your eyes, having Mika fall backwards right in front of your face, was pretty surprising. I think I actually shouted "OH. MY. GOD."

Anyway, that aside, awesome gig!

But I was concerned about Mika.

After finding my way out I saw Mika was with a crowd. I managed to call out his name and ask him if he was okay after the lollipop incident. He said he was, so thank God for that. I have that on video.

anyway, I've taken tons of videos and whatever, so I'll be mashing them up together to make a V-Log.

Maybe we can go some day ... it's a thing on my to do-list too :teehee:

We shall! No getting out of it now missy :naughty:

NO, NO, NO!

What I'm saying is just that, from MY perspective, I felt like we were intruding a bit on their 'turf'.

Thanks for clearing that up, this is what I thought you meant as well ;) And again, I understand you could feel that way , it's just a feeling you personally have. That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with other people or the vibe or....

Again thanks all for the reports and pics!

Soooo I got to London and met Danika. We found the travelodge and it was me, Danika and Laurel in there just talking and whatever. Tiibet was there too but she soon retreated to join other people. Then we met Jennie and bought our lunch, and went back to the hotel room to pig out.

We also had an iPod with speakers so we had a little party in this room of ours, dancing and singing away to Mika songs, which was great fun!

For a long period of time it was just me, Danika, Jennie and Sariflor, and then Babs soon after. Was Laurel there too? I know Marianne was there.

Can I just take a moment to say how FANTASTIC it was to just sit around chatting to MFCers in real life? I mean, I know there was Sadler's Wells, but that was a HUGE group and you couldn't really have much of a conversation because there were so many people to see. And there was the pub on Monday too, but the music was uber loud and wasn't really appropriate for talking, so to me, this was a real meet up with MFCers and I LOVED it.

To the people I spent time with: I love you all, truly, and you made the day SO MUCH FRIGGIN FUN. Thanks for making it wonderful :wub2: And I really felt like part of the crew too, like "we're all in this together". :huglove:

We ended up meeting other people when getting the tickets and then back at the hotel pub (after saying hello to John!) which was just as nice to interact with more people.

I was surprised at how small the venue was and how CLOSE we were to the stage and how SMALL the stage was! It was very intimate and I was so glad to be front row.

Come gig time, I did feel squashed. Now, I haven't been to a stand up gig since Hammersmith 08 so to me it did seem really pushy. I know to others it didn't because they're used to it, but for me it's been about a year and a half since so I guess I found it a bit more problematic.

One guy behind me had a cup in his hand when Mika came on and this dude behind me started jumping up and down, the drink went ALL over my foot -_- and I was not very amused to say the least :aah: But they were drunk and excited.

The guy behind me was so frikkin close to me I could feel his crotch sliding up and down my backside everytime he jumped which quite frankly was very annoying. I did feel squashed and could barely jump myself, though I tried. The guy behind me ended up squishing me to the point where I did yell "BACK OFF!!" I think that might be on video :roftl:

And there were cameras above and between me and Jennie which was irritating at first but I got used to it. I tried to move this one guys arm cos it was practically in front of Jennie's face and I think he apologised, I don't think he meant to do it, was just a little excited I guess.

The gig itself was really really good, I got a fair amount of eye contact and managed to touch Mika's hand twice when he put it in the crowd :blush-anim-cl:

He showed his true divaness when he sang Happy Ending, those high notes! :naughty:

As for Lollipop, maybe I did overreact, but I won't lie when I said I found it shocking because I wasn't expecting THAT to happen.

Mika pulled specific people onto the stage, about 3 people? And within a few seconds there was about 10 altogether. I was wondering whether to go on myself, but decided against it seeing as he only wanted a select few up there. And Sara is right I think, when she says it was more about interacting with the crowd in general rather than just us MFCers. He didn't ignore us in the slightest, but it did feel as though the club was special to him in a way.

About the picking up...that's what I found shocking, not necessarily people crowding him on stage and wanting to kiss him or whatever. The guy that picked him probably had good intentions, wanted to treat Mika like a King or something, but he picked him up by the legs and as we know, Mika is a very tall guy and there was probably a weight/height issue going on. Before I knew it Mika was descending BACKWARDS towards the crowd (Sara, Jennie and I) and he was literally inches away from hitting his head on the barriers. The three of us put our hands out to try and protect his head in case he did hit it, but luckily it didn't. I was horrified at the thought that Mika could have really hurt himself. Vix, who was on stage, said he looked fine and happy until he started going back, she said he looked a bit worried which is no surprise really.

I know the guy was probably drunk and excited and whatever, but health and safety issues!

I was glad I wasn't up there to be honest, I didn't want to be associated with it, but a part of me wishes I was on there to try and help prevent it from happening, because I wouldn't have taken that lying down. I was screaming at them (not that they could hear me) but they were being so innappropriate.

Well, what's done is done and nothing can be changed, but it's still upsetting. For me anyway.

Maybe if I watch it on YouTube I'll realise that perhaps it wasn't as bad as I'm making it sound, but seeing that happen right in front of your eyes, having Mika fall backwards right in front of your face, was pretty surprising. I think I actually shouted "OH. MY. GOD."

After finding my way out I saw Mika was with a crowd. I managed to call out his name and ask him if he was okay after the lollipop incident. He said he was, so thank God for that. I have that on video.

anyway, I've taken tons of videos and whatever, so I'll be mashing them up together to make a V-Log.

Thanks for your report Caz.

It is true that everyone's perspectives are different...if you saw Mika's head falling toward the barricade and put your hands out to protect him, that is enough to give anyone a big shock...it is likely Mika had no idea his head was close ....

From the video we cannot see any of that. It all looks like fun.

And I imagine the pain in your side has eased and you are not worried about appendicitis now?:wink2:

Thanks for your report Caz.

It is true that everyone's perspectives are different...if you saw Mika's head falling toward the barricade and put your hands out to protect him, that is enough to give anyone a big shock...it is likely Mika had no idea his head was close ....

From the video we cannot see any of that. It all looks like fun.

And I imagine the pain in your side has eased and you are not worried about appendicitis now?:wink2:

Lol, it's suspected food poisoning. It's my time of the month and now I just have normal pains, but earlier it was in a very awkward position and was highly uncomfortable. I am also sometimes sick during this time, but I don't think the sickness and the time is related. I had a bit of a complicated journey home since the tube I take was closed, so I was walking round London trying to find an alternative route and while I was doing the pain was subsiding, so walking probably helped whatever was in my stomach move around a bit and get it going properly. Plus if you're sick it usually means there's something in there not good for you lol, so yeah...it was probably Subway's fault :mf_rosetinted:

Fro Caz's Facebook:

Thought mika was amazing as usual but is DISGUSTED and LIVID at the way fans on stage treated him during lollipop! They were all over him and one idiot tried to pick him up unsuccessfully and mika was bent backwards and his head nearly hit the barrie...rs rite by us. We tried to do what we could to save him, he was unhurt and sara has it on video. Shocking and horrifying behaviour, they should be ashamed.

:boxed::furious:

Oh!It's really horrible, poor Mika. Some fans are very stupid:loco: The way they act s***:furious:

It will be...if not a coming out for his fans...a coming to terms...:wink2:

But the whole subject is sensetive and I hope we all can "play nice!"

About the video, yes there is one happy boy in the end, lovely to see!:wub2:

:wub2:

Have just watched Racha's vid and it seems to be "six of one half a dozen of the other"....I hope non-UK peeps will understand that phrase!!.... in that it was dangerous, and it potentially is everytime he let's the stage invasions happen and no doubt watching it from a close up persective could have made you reel in shock as to just how close to an accident he was BUT he looked like he was having the time of his life and I doubt he'll have thought anything of it.

I was all grumbley on Facebook and Twitter lastnight after reading stuff on here about how awful it was that people "did that to him" yet now I've seen the footage I think he'll be wondering what all the fuss was about!!

As for everything else....I LOVED the topless/face sequins look!!!!!!!!! :wub2::wub2:

It does seem to have been a big night for him...just thinking of his twitter the other night saying he was off to bed all excited about doing it! It's great that he can be himself more and more each day as he realises that it makes no difference to his fans/public at large as his talent outweighs anyone's opinions either way in the way it obviously made a difference for his peers when he was growing up but I personally never see things in a black and white way so I don't really get the "he has DEFINITELY told us he's gay" thing. Just me, and no, I'm not in denial!! :naughty: There are so many shades of grey in this modern world that I just don't get then need to pigeonhole him especially as he keeps saying he doesn't want to be! He will be so aware that every comment will mean someone says..."oh, that means this...or that" that I think it must be very hard for him to ever say anything of substance about his personal life without the "you're either one or the other...make you're mind up sonny" brigade jumping on it.

It's been said oooodles of times before but...is it so hard to just let him be Mika and not have to have him align himself with any particular group??

Anyway....all this will rumble on as usual but I am all hyped up having seen him last week, had loads of stuff to look at on here and all over the net this week and being days away from the new album....that's the incredible effect he has on us all....and that's the bit I will never tire of discussing on here. More Mika...that's what I say....bring it on!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :mf_lustslow:

hm, maybe... i wasn't there, so i guess you can tell better than me, but i think there are two possibilities - a) that it was a place he had been to quite often like you said or b) just the fact that it was a gay club. i'm not so sure that the won't do similar things at other gay clubs in the future. :dunno:

He said a couple of times during the gig that he came to this place all the time when he was younger, and told little stories about how he'd be dancing and drinking here, so to me it was very clear that the reason why this happened was that this place is special to him. Memories and all that :wink2:.

WAG video? :blink:

Nothing happened here because of the WAG video. It's just that quite a few gay guys were beaten in the streets and a gay club was damaged at night.

I meant if anyone still had doubts regarding Mika's sexuality after seeing the video :aah:

Lovely report, Caz. I also really enjoyed our time together. We had a lot of fun and got up to all sorts of nonsense :roftl:. Why were we taking pictures (and video!!) of the 3 of us inside that tiny closet? Oh dearie :lmfao:

Before I knew it Mika was descending BACKWARDS towards the crowd (Sara, Jennie and I) and he was literally inches away from hitting his head on the barriers. The three of us put our hands out to try and protect his head in case he did hit it, but luckily it didn't.

Well, I stuck my hand out instinctively like you and Jennie (cause Mika's head was coming in our direction :roftl:) but instead of the head my hand landed on his super sweaty torso :lmfao:

Lovely report, Caz. I also really enjoyed our time together. We had a lot of fun and got up to all sorts of nonsense :roftl:. Why were we taking pictures (and video!!) of the 3 of us inside that tiny closet? Oh dearie :lmfao:

Well, I stuck my hand out instinctively like you and Jennie (cause Mika's head was coming in our direction :roftl:) but instead of the head my hand landed on his super sweaty torso :lmfao:

oh come on the closet thing made sense at the time :naughty::roftl:

Ooooh you lucky woman haha! xD

Btw, my Lollipop video shows the whole stage invasion thing from as clos as you can get it, including the 'flying Mika' part as it all happened right in front of us. I will post them later as soon as I can

Thanks Sara. I just watched another perspective on the picking up part of Lollipop and I still find it quite shocking :blink:

sounds like you had amazing time :biggrin2::biggrin2: and i hope you are feelig a bit better today:wub2: are you?? thanks so much for the report and i cant wait to see you pics etc. x

Glad that Mika wasn't severely hurt and that you all had a good time.

And I don't care about him going to gayclubs etc. when he was young...buut isn't 16 illegal in the UK? :naughty:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! You be quiet there missy!! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

We've all done it! I started going regularly to clubs (ie 5 nights a week!!) when I was 16! :naughty:

Amittedly, that was back in the dark ages before electricity had been invented!! :roftl:

Glad that Mika wasn't severely hurt and that you all had a good time.

And I don't care about him going to gayclubs etc. when he was young...buut isn't 16 illegal in the UK?:naughty:

Yep, he had to beg people to buy him drinks cos he couldn't get served.

Bless his drunken little teenage heart. I'd have bought him a drink. :biggrin2:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! You be quiet there missy!! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

We've all done it! I started going regularly to clubs (ie 5 nights a week!!) when I was 16! :naughty:

Amittedly, that was back in the dark ages before electricity had been invented!! :roftl:

Yep, he had to beg people to buy him drinks cos he couldn't get served.

Bless his drunken little teenage heart. I'd have bought him a drink. :biggrin2:

What a rebel, and there was me thinking he was such a sweet innocent young boy:mf_rosetinted:

What a rebel, and there was me thinking he was such a sweet innocent young boy:mf_rosetinted:

As IF! I bet he was a right little troublemaker.

If ASBOs had been invented back in the 90s, I reckon he'd have had one. LOL.

With regards to Lollipop, my video (

) doesn't show how far down he goes or how close he gets to the barrier, but he's smiling when he gets up so I don't think it could have been too traumatic for him. Though obviously he had no idea how close he got to the barrier either, so it's swings and roundabouts really.

And it also shows this girl trying to hug him afterwards but getting TOTALLY nexted. It was kind of funny actually.

Just came home. It was definitely one of best gigs. He performed so well, looked gorgeous and people loved him. He was very relaxed and it was a special moment to see him telling about his history with Popstarz... :wub2:

Boys were touching him a lot, and I thought OMG, what are they doing... But it didn't seem to bother him at all, and he came close to the audience again and again and touched their hands. A very tall boy next me took lots of photos very near Mika's face, and even that didn't seem to bother him, and he wanted that boy to the stage during Lollipop. About the stage invasion. I think he wanted to have only those two boys on the stage. But lots of people went there and it looked a bit dangerous. It was obviously a big thing to him to be at scala and to perform to gay audience, but I don't think he was disappointed or angry to see MFCers there.

I have a few vids, can show them later. Thanks to everyone I met. Cazgirl, wanted to talk with you and other girls more, but went outside, because I couldn't follow the conversation well enough... I could understand you all well, but I can't chat fast enough and was a little bit embarrassed about it. So I went to buy some food, and hadn't change to talk to you later. I met a few new faces from UK, it was a pleasure, and some familiar faces from many countries, like UK, France and Spain, it was SO nice to see you all. Kasia, I hope we meet again somewhere! And Eva, loved to spend time with you!! I don't know your username, please send me PM, so I can send you a pic. And special thanks to Silver for sharing a room with me :wub2: