REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA @ Enmore SYDNEY Nov 24 2009

Blue Sky

Sorry to break this to you BS, but that's exactly what always happens :naughty:. It's just how things work, unfortunately :dunno: I've lost count of the amount of times where I stood back respectuosly and missed out on meeting him. In fact, for the longest time, I would look at him from the distance after gigs because it was impossible to get close without mobbing. Only when things started being a bit more organised with barriers, lines, etc, is when many of us managed to actually speak to him without doing the whole mob thing.

Yep, you hardly even manage to address him after the tiny church gigs. :teehee: He also seems to enjoy this less and less each time.

However, I'm really happy for all the Australian fans and those who have travelled there to finally have the mindblowing experience of a Mika gig (again) :groupwave:

Thanks for all your detailed and sweet reports :flowers2: Big girls looked awesome! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol owen was pretty awesome and funny "shake your ass and tits girls" thats exactly what he said in his hot accent :P

oh and whos mana? haha

and thanks , the people i met yesterday were so amazing!!! i had so much fun. they we're all really fun and friendly and very generous considering i wasnt even part of the MFC

It's not a hot Welsh accent though. :naughty:

Following is from Soangel and Oakie Doke who are still in Syd

What was it that Mika had on his cheeks? Glue or UV-thingie? You can see it quit well on the pics with the blue stones on his forehead, you see transparent stripes on his cheeks.

It was uv pant. They all had it, including our big girls

All those time that you could only read about others' gigs or see our pics or watch our videos...NOW MANY OF YOU AUSSUES CAN RELATE!

Ahem.... Aussies :fisch:

Racinghorse, soangel, oakie dokie (who else did I miss? Choo was it?)

I am super duper happy that you've all turned into uber fangurls! :

Thanks for sharing! Loved reading every bit of detail. Awesome! Fab!

:

We have been a bit :sneaky2::naughty: Its been 2.5 years for one of us since she could be a fangurl and the other hasn't had the chance yet

did anyone mention the aussi petition to him? :

No... didn't get a chance. Don't know if the others did, but Teegs did mention it to Jimmy I think?

Hey guys

i am new , but i was one of the big girls last night.

Hey, welcome. Didn't chat to you much but next time will do so (hopefully next year). Check out the aussie thread

Bec, you always gave the greatest detailed reports, even between gigs. :biggrin2:

Its good to finally have a gig to report on. And that was a quick one while waiting for the others to arrive

Yes I want to hear more about the dingo. :roftl:

Did Mika get the necklace? Do we know?

HK gave Mika the necklace.... we'll let her post about it

Also, I got my pic taken with Mika. Is it just me, or is he really towering over me? He doesn't seem quite as tall in other pics I've seen... :teehee::naughty:

13370_1257092342108_1073595160_817369_523078_n.jpg

(Thanks to Charlie for the pic. =])

:roftl::roftl:

You rock EJ

Choo! It's you!

It's me! Mici! (mi-ki, Bianca you cheeky minx) aka Glue Girl.

Mi-Ki

Then you should have made it mi-ki :sneaky2::naughty:

http://www.twitpic.com/qv2ob

I have to make massive appologies to MFCers for leaving without saying goodbye to anyone. Everyone was so great and friendly but I had to get Floss out of the M&G before she cracked it.

We were lucky enough to have photos and chats with Cherisse, iMMa and Jimmy but when Jimmy picked up Floss it kind of set her off...she'd had enough, was totally overwhelmed and it was 4 hours after her bedtime...Floss is 10 yrs old by the way for the non Aussie's who might be scratching their heads at the mo!

Floss really wanted to meet Mika but was losing the plot so I have to admit I did position her so we were near the entrance so we could meet him then leave asap... now I'm reading that a bunch of long time MFCers missed the opportunity and I feel TERRIBLE.

Sorry sorry sorry...

And sorry again....

And again. Sorry.

Sorry...

We did get our SOS book signed and Mika wished Floss a happy birthday then we skedaddled out of the place. Outside were a few peeps who pounced and asked for our passes... We struck up a deal with an excitable young bloke who gave us a set list in exchange for one pass. Seemed fair enough so he slipped inside the M&G and we jumped in the back of a taxi where Floss competely lost the plot and cried all the way to the Rocks... fun trip...

The link above is the set list...I cant get it to download to the MFC page and I'm not clever enough to downsize it and I'm also so very sorry...

Can I just say that the Big Girls were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and I have Big Girls on film and will down load as soon as poss. I tried filming as much of the Big Girls as I could but I kept getting distracted by the git in white bouncing around the stage.

And what a lovely git he was.... got the Mika trip on film but missed, was it Jimmy that tumbled backwards?? Missed that bit. Wee camera, wee battery life, had to be judicious. was actually saving some battery life for my imagined photo session with Mika but as we know, security had other ideas. Oh well, ever so grateful for having the opportunity that we had.

MI-KI

Can I say Holy F***ing Hell?

I did :teehee: my mum didnt believe me :(

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!:wub2::wub2::wub2:

It was . I ran to my mum crying

Wow. That's quite a story! :shocked:

Me too!

This post really made my day. What a cute, chance meeting. Lovely :wub2:.

Aww thanks. It was amazing.

Also, everyone, your reports were amazing!

I had forgotten half the stuff.

The above is typing malfunction. We are at an internet cafe so we could use java (to upload some pics for travelling bear thread but it wouldn't let us) and its in china town so all asian.

Anyways for some reason (I must have done something) it started translating our post to some asian language.

It was Jimmy who fell over btw, Misi

Part 5 The rest of the concert and after-thoughts

Love Today. I don’t know what it is about this song. If I consider the words alone, I can never understand why I love this song so much. I say it’s because he varies it so much, putting in tricky intros, and inserting drum solos, but that’s only a reason because I need one. I just love it.

I’ve heard /watched Mika perform this song countless times. Recently, he sometimes changes ‘Love Love Me’ to ‘Love Love You’ in an attempt to express his appreciation for his fans and audience. Once again I have not watched the most recent videos to know if he has increased how often he does it, but the times that I have heard him do it, he will sing ‘Love Love You’ a few times in the song, randomly changing where he inserts it.

The full line is ‘Love love me, love love me, love love.’

We got a ‘Love Love You’ as part of the line every single time he did the chorus, and he sang the song for a good long time, enjoying himself thoroughly. Wow!

We Are Golden – featuring the surprise tactics of our most rehearsed MFCers, which worked beautifully to bring a grin to his face. This was a song where he wanted us louder for the WAG line, and got it plentifully.

My memory is failing me frustratingly. Somewhere before now he got us to crouch and jump, and we had a jumpy song. Which song? Can’t remember, but once he taught us how to jump we kept it as a feature. As an older person I was struggling with my inability to jump next to the railing without painfully banging my elbows, and I felt that if I moved back to avoid that, I would inconvenience the people behind me by losing balance and bumping them. So I compromised by bending my knees and fake bouncing. Annie (as a non-bouncer) said she got a free bouncy ride from all the activity and enjoyed it immensely!

At various times I realized what a fantastic performance Imma was producing and tried to give her 30 seconds of my attention to show she was appreciated, before the Mika magnet sucked me in again. Imma said to Annie later that Mika was making unpredictable changes in most songs, and as the back-up singer she had to match him in activity level, but not out-do him, and match his vocal gymnastics with split-second timing. Part of that is working out which key he is in, and matching him. – Obviously a difficult task when he changes it for the fun of it through-out a song! She said he must have been on an all-time high, because she was really finding it challenging tonight to match him, he was doing and changing so much. She really is a great match for him, and is truly awesome!

A couple of songs had complex clapping. Annie did it easily, but I get so lost I don’t even start. Blame It On The Girls is one, but there was also another where Mika and the band had a complex clap. I was just awed when part-way through a song, Mika did the complex clap against his microphone with his free hand, while never losing faltering vocally, nor bumping the mic enough to change his vocal sound. Maybe it was easy for him, but then lots of things are, that I’m just in awe of.

Back to One Foot Boy – I adore the album version, with the complex layering of Mika’s voice. I have not seen a video of a live performance that I like. It’s so hard for that song to work, live. I thought he needed a choir to make it work, but the performance for us was all I could have asked for. I had read a report of a very recent concert where he got rave review for it, so I am hopeful he’s worked out the prefect arrangement, and I will get lots more concerts and videos that I can fully love for a favorite song.

Encore – the band said goodnight, they all left, the room went dark, and we stayed wild. There was no wilder to go! They came back quite soon, with Toy Boy. We sang. Wow. Love that song. Yet another song with everyone singing all the words.

Grace Kelly - It wasn’t possible but we sang more loudly, and bounced more, and went wilder. Maybe there were a few people I the crowd still to join in who only knew this song. Another glance back, at the total room full of people on their feet and waving their arms. He was enjoying himself hugely! He certainly looked as though he didn’t want to leave!

Lollipop – they had 3 garbage bin drums and a band drum session. Mind-blowingly good. Big Balloons. They’d done confetti during Rain, so the stage had been a mess for a while…

It was so hard to get the balloons back to the back of the crowd. Everyone seems to believe the band wants them back. Roadies and band were fully engrossed in getting the blasted things out of their faces!

Mika picked up a balloon and deliberately targeted someone with a huge grin, so I hope they enjoyed that.

I got the feeling they didn’t want the show to end. Mika said a little earlier that they had done one show and then f***d off for three and half years and it was amazing to get this reception on their return.

Best gig of my life – I don’t need him to try to top it – it’s not possible. I only wish we had been able to video it all in HQ so I could watch it in years to come. I suppose we all wish that when we get a special one.

This is the first time I have seen/heard a concert from an unscripted Mika. I could have done with even more speaking, but we were probably too noisy to make it easy. I did really appreciate the absence of the scripts I am used to. What we did get seemed spontaneous and natural.

He is growing so much as a performer it’s amazing to watch. I mentally compare this concert to the days when he sang to Martin and ignored the audience, when ‘whore’ was a sly, shy moment, rather than a joyous confident claim. I am so pleased, and so proud of Mika. Wow.

I’m losing coherency, and I’m not sure I’m adding value at the moment, so I’m going to get some sleep, and post about the M&G tomorrow, which was the icing on my cake – a cake already 3 stories high!

We got a ‘Love Love You’ as part of the line every single time he did the chorus, and he sang the song for a good long time, enjoying himself thoroughly. Wow!

We Are Golden – featuring the surprise tactics of our most rehearsed MFCers, which worked beautifully to bring a grin to his face. This was a song where he wanted us louder for the WAG line, and got it plentifully.

I got the feeling they didn’t want the show to end. Mika said a little earlier that they had done one show and then f***d off for three and half years and it was amazing to get this reception on their return.

We did get it every line didn't we? It was awesome.

Haha loved the look on his face with the Wag shouting

and :naughty: I remember that he got the amount of time he'd been gone wrong... it's been 2 and a half years.... he overestimates it a little bit :fisch: But either way, its still been a long time coming and so glad they finally made it back

THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!! :mf_lustslow:

It trully was amazing!! Great to meet some of you guys finally :thumb_yello:

Got home tonight.........exhausted yet MAJORLY happy and still excited about the whole Mika experience.

Big Big thanks to Teegs and everyone involved in making the meet n greet happen.......it really topped off the night :)

Got to the line-up at about 2:30pm. Just in time for Meeks to shout us all a drink..........got a coke.....never drank it though, wanted to keep it for a souvinier :P

Met a few MFC'ers........you were all lovely :)

Waiting in line for HOURS, but met some great people and the time passed pretty well. Was soooo stoked to hear we were getting a meet-n-greet!!!

Orianthi was great..........she trully is a great guitarist! And her MJ tribute song.....McAwesome! :)

Mika was absolutely fantastic........everything from his entrance in a space suit, to the person dressed as a teapot pooring into his cup.........it was all so epic!!!.....there was the battle between one half of the crowd against the other half, with one side yelling 'Blame it on the girls', the other, 'Blame it on the Boys'...........goooo the Blame it on the boys side yayeh :P

Meeks even used his mouth and cupped his hands to sound like a trumpet.....it was maad!

The look on Mika's face to see how the crowd were all singing and into it all......he looked stunned yet happy to see us all enjoying ourselves so much!!

there was alot of non-MFC-ers who were crazy for him too! Was so great to see so many people who loved his concert. I may have cried in happy ending, but managed to keep myself together for the rest of it!!! Danced and sung my arse off!! There were a few CRAZY people in the crowd, knocking me and mum over........managed to get a good spot the second row from the front.......however, people managed to squeeze in and slowly push their way through..........but still managed to score an awesome spot real close to the stage :) Helps to be tall :P And my bro managed to pop a big balloon for me that were floating around.....kept that too considering i couldnt have taken it home on the plane lol). Also caught some confetti too :)

Then came the meet and greet...........My family and i were so stoked to be able to meet him.......definitely the highlight of the night! Managed to get a poster, ticket, and my Mika doll signed!!! I was soooo embarassed asking him to sign the doll LMAO. He wrote on it 'Toy Boy', and 'Mika', and also drew a lightning bolt thingy on his forehead, cos i told him the doll was supposed to be off harry potter :P WICKED!!!

Mum asked him how his eye was.......he just smiled and said: Much better thankyou :P Mum kicked herself afterwards, saying of all things to say, why did i say that!! hehe

My brother asked Meeks: Can you give my sister a hug (i was waaaay to shy to ask for one, and was sooo not expecting my bro to ask that!).......and so there i was, getting a big hug from Mika!!! I almost diiiied :P

Also managed to get Cheriise and Imma to sign the back of my shirt :)

Was great to get the chance to give him the presents too........I ended up making him a glittery t-shirt that said: Aussies are Golden. Got a few lil auzzy trinkets, coasters from my hometown and a small bottle of bundy rum......he def was happy with the rum, saying: 'Bout time i can have a drink'.... LMAO!! I was soooo shy and nervous, i dropped the rum bottle! Luckily it was made of hard plastic and not glass! lolol

Its great to hear everyone elses Mika stories! And well done to the 'Big Girls' who danced their arses off!!........youse frikkin rocked!!!

Definitely the experience of a lifetime :) I reckon the gig was such a big hit, that he HAS to come back next year!!!

It truly was an experience i will never forget :) Cheers to Meeks for an awesome night!

My brother asked Meeks: Can you give my sister a hug (i was waaaay to shy to ask for one, and was sooo not expecting my bro to ask that!).......and so there i was, getting a big hug from Mika!!! I almost diiiied :P

Was your brother wearing the ed hardy shirt? and you had the really cool colourful pants? if so HIIII i was right infront of you in the line :)

Rosina! Congrats on being a BG, honey. :huglove: I know you're tired, so I will wait patiently for your full report. Which color corset did you wear? I was pink in Vancouver. :biggrin2:

orange corset! the girl who did it up didnt do it up tight enough at the top...lets just say one false move and I could have had a wardrobe malfunction that would have brought a whole new meaning to flashing hearts!!:roftl:

Ill do a report sometime maybe tomorrow! then post it maybe while waiting for my plane on friday...

Im still buzzed I've only slept 3 hours in the last 48 hours!

I didnt get to meet him but meh...things can happen in the future! if you had told me even in june id be going to a mika concert in another country, let alone dance on stage in a big girl outfit infront of how many thousands of people i would have called you insane...thing is...im usually really shy IRL...but some reason not with you guys!

busy converting my cousins to listen to mika! they had never heard him but loved him when they heard we are golden on mikasounds! just had to put that in there! much recruting has been done!

Edited by RosinaKiwi

Okay, so I miraculously found a USB in my Auntie's drawer that fitted my camera. I'm currently uploading the three videos I did take (which were the first three songs) before my camera died, and they should be available here in a little while: http://www.youtube.com/user/bonzaboy

I think Relax is done already.

As for me, I'm off to bed. (Past midnight. Again. :aah:)

And Martin moving to Sydney, in 3 years???:shocked:

Does that mean Mikas paying him too much?:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Hope he'll still stay with him, would be sad for him not to be in the band.

Yep, he sure did say that! Sometime before Archie is 10.

Tegan congratulations on being a BG!!!!!!

And congrats, Tegan and Rosina!!!

Hooray for Tegan & Rosina for being BG.. can't wait to see videos of it... :thumb_yello:

and VERY pleased about the MFC big girls: you go, tegan and rosina, and everybody else!! :punk:

And YAY for Teegs and Rosina being Big Girls. And YAY for the M&G despite so many people

Thank you!

Thx for the reports and piccies. :flowers2:

theres 1 thing about the piccies... the 3 with him shirtless... his 6-pack... i think its getting too big/much soon...

aussielandnov24-6.jpg

aussielandnov24-5.jpg

aussielandnov24-4.jpg

:jawdrop:

I missed seeing those abs :drool: They closed the door to the stage off while he got changed..

But jumping around on stage was much better...

That is fanatstic to know.Mika+Plays+Sydney+ffVhGbKjWudl.jpg

GET OUT OF THE WAY MIKA, YOU'RE IN THE WAY

Damn straight he is!

Oh, Tegan -- I am THRILLED for you! So glad you were a Big Girl, so

glad this went so well! :yay:

Can't wait, but will somewhat impatiently, to hear the details! :biggrin2:

You'll have to... I am so exhausted cause I only got 3 hours sleep, and it took Zoe and I 5 hours to get home (when it really should've only taken 3 1/2... bloody traffic)... I will try my hardest to get it done tomorrow (when I should be doing schoolwork)... if anyone wants to check out some pictures, I have uploaded them to my facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=135516&id=582811576

Hopefully people will be able to see them... if not, let me know and I will upload them to Photobucket..

John came out a few times and said some stuff ... Tegan and Rosina and Sunrise-girl and Jodie's cousin (?) went to be assessed as big girl material. Tegan was tentatively judged as having insufficient cleavage. John gave Tegan after party stickers to give to MFCers and Sunrise-girls. Later it became apparent that all four girls would be big girls, even small-breasted Tegan.

Yeah, first time in years I've been told I'm too small! :naughty:

I'm so happy for you everything went so well !

And glad Big Girls were MFcers ! :mf_rosetinted::wub2:

Can't wait to see vids and the other reports (Tegan ! :blush-anim-cl: )

I'm really happy you had a M&G, you've been waiting for him since a long time... :wink2:

Thanks Deb!

I will try my hardest to get a report put together tomorrow after work.. I can't guarantee anything though...

Show was AMAZING!

I've never seen a singer with that much energy!

Thank you Tegan for getting us into the meet and greet!

Spoke to the band heaps but unfortunately we thought waiting for the crowd to die out for Mika would be the wise move.. it wasn't so we just got some things signed with a hello.

Spoke to his mum for a while. She's lovely.

Overall, fabulous concert! The energy didn't stop!

No probs! All part of the service! And great to see you on here too!

Don't worry, I got all of it. My camera died not long after that, though. =\

Ooooh yay!

It's weird he'd wear boxers in like -7000 celsius here, but pants in like +7000 celsius there :lmao:

Funilly enough, it actually wasn't that hot outside... it wasn't cold either, but it was very overcast and wet (I experienced that first hand... expensive high tops have very slippery surfaces and make you fall over!)

My friend and I made a poster of a boy that said "blame it on the boys" and during the song he took it off us and danced a bit with it (and rubbed it between his legs? haha)

But I was in shock so didn't take pics. hopefully someone managed to get some.

We may have some...

The band all came out and did their watching tv thing. Martin was kinda amusing, putting his arm around Imma and getting it slapped away then putting it around Jimmy (I think he was sitting next to Jimmy) who left it there.

Oh Martin, you man whore! :das::naughty:

As for Mika, the show rocked! The "Big Girls" also did an amazing job!

Thanks Matt! Have you uploaded pictures yet?

Nice to hear Mika had some very special Big Girls!! :wub2:

i'm so happy for all of you! finally getting your turn at a gig & meeting Mika.

this IS the gig i've been waiting for. :huglove:

did anyone mention the aussi petition to him? :naughty:

Yes, very special!

I didn't get the chance to mention it, but I'll talk about it in my report..

Hey guys

i am new , but i was one of the big girls last night. tegan encouraged me to join :) can i just say waiting in the line with all the MFCers was so awesome we were there for hours but they just flew by because everyone was so nice and fun :) . I will write a report on my experience soon (later today) but for now here is a picture of the big girls from my camera taken by Mika's mum :)

DSC04077.jpg

Yay Maria!

And That photo is si good... I've saved it!

Looking forward to Nico, Kelzy, S&M, Chickadee and others. It seems so strange to me to have these big MFC personalities who've been part of MFC for so long and yet some have never written a gig report. I can't wait to hear your views and stories.

Getting to it... I wanted to catch up on this thread first... that and it reminded me of a few things that happened and I might have to write them down for my own benefit...

I asked him if MFC could have their own gig next year, he said we will see, I don't know yet.

Interesting! That would be awesome if he did! :naughty: as long as he brings the whole band, I would love to spend more time with them... they're all awesome!

BIG GIRLS YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A GORGEOUS PHOTO!!!!!!!!!!

PURE JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks SO much for sharing this! And thanks to Mika's mum for taking such a fabulous photo!

Thank you!

And Mrs P took a few pictures, and I think that was actually the first one taken.. maybe the last...

Oh! What a night!

I wasn't even meant to be going, but then at the LAST minute, as in, 3.30pm on the 24th (yesterday), my mum sped to my school and picked me up, telling me to hurry because she needed to get the other kids. She drove past their school and it wasn't until we were on the freeway that I realised where we were going. I started crying and saying thank you so much!

Flight left at 5.30, and from there we hurridly booked into our hotel and raced to Enmore.

I didn't get any photos as my mum forgot to pack the camera :sneaky2:, but that didnt matter

THE SHOW WAS AMAZING! Seriously, the best day of my life. He was so fun, so much energy. It was such an amazingly brilliant night. When he sung Happy Ending, I cried.

I was in such a good position too, floor! I didn't know but my mum had booked the tickets the day they were for sale! :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

My favourite song was Happy Ending and Lollipop.

However, that was not the best bit!

I went back to the hotel and attempted to sleep, but I was on such a high!

Then, today, I was walking around Sydney, the city, as I have only ever been there once before, 5 years ago. I decided to take the ferrie to Manly (LOVELY!), and as I was getting off, back into Syndey, I decided, for no reason, to go for a walk down the not so known areas. I was walking for hours and my mum called telling me that I needed to meet her at the Opera House in 30min. So I was in a VERY big hurry. I walked so fast down all these streets and roads and as I was running, I accidentally bumped into a man coming out of a radio station building.

The conversation went as follows:

Me: Oh, ****, I'm sorry

Man: Hehehehe, it's okay.

Me: *Look up as I recognised the voice* OH MY!

MIKA: :blink: what?

Me: You're Mika

Mika: Am I?

Me: I think so

Mika: You're right

Me: :biggrin2: I saw you last night

Mika: Really? Did you like it?

Me: YES! You're like...my idol and rolemodel.

Mika: You want to be a skinny male, or do you sing?

Me: Both! Nah, I joke. I sing badly

Mika: Sing!

Me: okkayyy, *sings a few lines of like a virgin by madonna (first thing that came into my head*

Mika: Oh nice. You're quite good. Do you play instruments?

Me: Umm, violen, piano and trumpet

Mika: Amazing.

Me: Sorry, you're probably very busy. I shall leave you to it

Mika: I best be off, see you again sometime? Maybe at you're own show?

Me: Oh, I don't know about that. But I hope I see you live again, maybe when I move to London?

Mika: When?

Me: 2012

Mika: Just in time for the Olympics. Yes, you definatly will. And if I ever need a violen player, I'll give you a call

Me: You don't have my number

Mika: True, I'll ask you for it at the next gig. Make sure you come round and annoy me after the next show

Me: I will :biggrin2:

Mika: See you later.

As he ran off heaps of other people started going after him, and his bodyguardy people (who were standing next to him during our entire conversation) were trying to get people away

I may not of met him at the show, but I still got my 2min convo with him:biggrin2:

:jawdrop:

Wow! That's an amazing story! If I knew you were in the line I would've gotten a meet and greet pass for you...

Hey my name is Kylie. I am new to the fan club. I was a Big Girl last night and had the best time ever. All the members of the club are beautiful people and made me feel so welcome. We were sitting out the front of the waiting for the concert to start. Would have to say sitting out the front with the fan club was the best thing I have ever done. As I was sitting out the front Tegan asked me if I would like to try out to be a Big Girl. We went back stage where I met Mika's mum. She is such a wonderful lady. Sitting Back stage waiting to go on is when the nerves really set in. I would have to say it wasn't for the other 3 beautiful girls that were dancing with me on stage I don't think I would have been able to do it. We were sitting out the back and I saw Mika walk past OMG. It came to the time when we had to actually get changed the feeling is unreal. We heard the music start my heart started racing then it came time to dance. I went out there nice and scared lol only to find out that I had a ball. :biggrin2:

Once again I would like to thank the Fan Club for making me feel so welcome and will enjoy reading all the reports. Hope to catch to you all again soon .

Hey Kylie! Great to see you joined! And AWWWWWWWWWWW! You are so sweet! You did so well!

Why was Cherisse talking about how they're coming back in Feb last night? =/

That is so odd... I thought Mika was doing gigs in the UK and Ireland in February...

Hey y'all!!

After a long time lurking, and after meeting you lovely bunch, I feel able to post! It was a joy to meet you all. It was great seeing a live show again (last one I was was the Doug Anthony Allstars in 1994 and the one before that was when Split Enz disbanded for God's sake!!!!).

I loved the absolute BLAST of music from Orianthi. Holy CRAP! :punk: It was a wall of sound. So damn powerful. Despite her music being so vastly different from Mika's, I think she did BLOODY well for a support act, and enlivened the audience sufficiently.

I really hope that the tour in 2010 comes off, and that we get a gig in Canberra. Highly unlikely, but I REALLY dislike Sydney. (Apologies to those who live in Sydney) I need time to process the whole shebangabang, and will try to get my head together to post about the concert.

Yes, if you get a chance, have a chat to Owen. He was a lovely Welsh accent, and I wished I could have kept him talking more for that alone. A very nice guy. I was very concerned that all the crew look very tired. But ya know, that's just the mother in me. On a more reassuring note though, it is very evident that the whole group are very close knit and absolutely loving what they do.

His Nibs has a very loving environment and that's the main thing.

I am really inspired by this whole experience. I feel the need to attack my art supplies and journals. :dance_man:

Oooooh DAAS! I should've mentioned I'm a big DAAS fan!

And it's great to see you post! Don't be a stranger!

lol owen was pretty awesome and funny "shake your ass and tits girls" thats exactly what he said in his hot accent :P

oh and whos mana? haha

and thanks , the people i met yesterday were so amazing!!! i had so much fun. they we're all really fun and friendly and very generous considering i wasnt even part of the MFC

Ooooh yes, he sounded very hot when he said that... I just love a hot accent!

And We're all Mika fans, no matter whether we're part of the fan club or not...

He's usually close at hand in the wings behind Mika's keyboard because he looks after Mika's vocals and keyboards and a few other things.

Oooh yes, he had laptop and there were all sorts of sound levels being managed and stuff...

No... didn't get a chance. Don't know if the others did, but Teegs did mention it to Jimmy I think?

yeah I did... while he was looking through my retro book :blush-anim-cl: I'll finish that story later :naughty:

Okay, so I miraculously found a USB in my Auntie's drawer that fitted my camera. I'm currently uploading the three videos I did take (which were the first three songs) before my camera died, and they should be available here in a little while: http://www.youtube.com/user/bonzaboy

I think Relax is done already.

As for me, I'm off to bed. (Past midnight. Again. :aah:)

Sweet! Cheers EJ!

I really should be off to bed too... I am soooo tired!

So I'm just going to write about the gig now until our internet time runs out.

We formed pairs in the line, until my partner rudely abandoned me to be a big girl, and I paired with the other reject, Jodi. Going in was pretty good, we just walked casually up and onto the left of centre (where the two non-mfc girls had gone).

While the stage was being set up I had two 21:00 moments; an in-depth discussion with Jodi about where Mika's keyboard was, and then demanding a professional phototgrapher take a photo of the set list for us. (When obviously the stage was set up for ORIANTHI, and the setlist was ORIANTHI'S SETLIST :doh:). Yasmine was running around sticky taping more moons around the stage, and Peter Heliar seemed to be in charge of general stage organisation.

Personally, I thought Orianthi was boring... Um .. yeah. She kind just stood there and didn't do much :fisch:

Eventually, she left, and a couch came on stage. And a light. And a Jimmy, and a everyone else. I only knew vaguely of the new couch-thing, and I didn't really know any of the new band members at all. I thought the couch-thing was AWESOME! They should quit Mika's band and become silent movie actors or something. I was cracking up the whole time.

Yeah so ... they came on the couch, and were funny, and the tv came on, and they watched it, and then Mika came on at the back bit, in a space suit. He walked around like a tool for a while and then stripped to his pants, not boxers, thank god, and looked around like a tool a bit more. Then he ran off stage, and the band went to their instruments. The band had awesome awesome black and white ridiculous outfits, and glow in the dark face pants. Peter Heliar and crew ran quickly to subtley remove the couch and lamp, and then Mika came back on stage, with a shirt (based on flinstones?) and jacket on, and carrying a suitcase. He had bright neon yellow converses and blue sequins over his forehead with glow in the dark face pants below them and in stripes on his face (I thought they were bandaids until they lights went out :naughty:)

Internet closing, time to go!

The above is typing malfunction. We are at an internet cafe so we could use java (to upload some pics for travelling bear thread but it wouldn't let us) and its in china town so all asian.

Anyways for some reason (I must have done something) it started translating our post to some asian language.

It was Jimmy who fell over btw, Misi

Thankyou.

Bloody minxes. Go to bed the lot of you.

love and hugs and beer mugs

MICI

Hey my name is Kylie. I am new to the fan club. I was a Big Girl last night and had the best time ever.

Once again I would like to thank the Fan Club for making me feel so welcome and will enjoy reading all the reports. Hope to catch to you all again soon .

So does that mean we have all four Big Girls on the MFC now! Awesome!

Thanks for sharing, and congrats to you! :thumb_yello:

orange corset! the girl who did it up didnt do it up tight enough at the top...lets just say one false move and I could have had a wardrobe malfunction that would have brought a whole new meaning to flashing hearts!!:roftl:

Ill do a report sometime maybe tomorrow! then post it maybe while waiting for my plane on friday...

Im still buzzed I've only slept 3 hours in the last 48 hours!

I didnt get to meet him but meh...things can happen in the future! if you had told me even in june id be going to a mika concert in another country, let alone dance on stage in a big girl outfit infront of how many thousands of people i would have called you insane...thing is...im usually really shy IRL...but some reason not with you guys!

busy converting my cousins to listen to mika! they had never heard him but loved him when they heard we are golden on mikasounds! just had to put that in there! much recruting has been done!

Glad it all worked out so well for you!!

Hello All ! :bye:

Made it back to my home, nest, pouch ... all safe & sound :original:

I have just spent the last two glorious hours reading THIS thread ! :cheerful_h4h:

I am both over-joyed at all of these wonderful reports & over-tired due to lack of sleep over the last 4 nights.

After I went to the gig in Sydney in June '07 ... I was so overwhelmed ... I simply wasn't able to post a report (words can be so cumbersome ) ... & even tho' I'm still feeling so overwhelmed, this time I shall endeavor to write one ...

only I'm just way too tired tonight to do any story telling the slightest bit of justice so ... I'm hoping to get a good nights sleep & write a report here tomorrow ... ( & yes, including the dingo incident :naughty: ) ... it must be said however that the entire 'dingo incident' ft. Mika's necklace was most definitely a shared one between myself & Kelzy & thank god for each other that we managed to make it to Sydney, let alone the gig !!!

The 'making of the necklace' is a funny one tho' so ... will be well worth waiting for ... :wink2::naughty:

There have been so many wonderful reports posted so far ... anything that I post will be mostly funny little bits & pieces ... I'll just have to see what comes spilling out of the brain tomorrow . :aah::naughty:

Until then ... :huglove: