Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we just write a letter to John thanking him?:blink:

Sorry I am a little confused:blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:

EDIT: Never mind I understand it now:naughty:

I was at both NY gigs.

Le Poisson Rouge and United Palace Theater

Edited by foalbaby14

well, as i suggested a few pages ago, and didn't get any alternative suggestions from anyone, i'd say a part of the book is dedicated to this year's gigs, the rest to personal messages from everyone to john. plus a few extras like song+mfc voodoo doll+presents. do you think we should include the 2008 gigs as well? :blink: maybe you could write about franco parenti, together with robi?

about what to write, well, i'd say our "special john moments" - like that for example in milan he took care so well of the numbers system and helped robi and us in any possible way. :wub2:

now, about that mfc-voodoo-doll - as we have a whole package of stuff now anyway (thanx to lillibet :naughty:), we could make an extra doll instead of sticking it on the book... then we could also get more creative. would some of you like to form a "mfc voodoo doll team" and put something together? :biggrin2:

should we send you a "real" voodoo doll or draw one..? :blink:

if it's only 2009 gigs, I dont know how helpful I can be... of course I can talk about the brief john moments at franco parenti, but he was there too, does it make sense to write him about it..? :blink: *colour me confused*

what about the messages/letters to john, how long should they be?

about the length, how about 1 din a4 page for each gig? and either half a page or one page for each message (up to everyone to choose for themselves, so we'll have some pages with 2 messages and some with just one).

best if i set up an e-mail-address for it, huh? will do that + then let you know. :wink2:

voodoo doll, a real one, something like this, just for mfc (we already talked about it somewhere in this thread...):

traffic-warden-voodoo-doll.jpg

ok about text lenght.

as for the vodoo doll, is the meaning of it connected to the new album, or is there smt else under I dunno..? :blink: I can defo be out of the loop.. :aah:

for the gigs descriptions, considering only this year gigs and where john was this year, I think this cuts out some of us.. if we really stick to just 2009, I guess I'll write my tiny bit about franco parenti, just an addition to robertina's longest report.

when is this due for?

we'll need your address (by pm) to send off the voodoo dolls.. how do we plan to give him the dolls..? I mean, in a box or smt..? :blink:

update of the list...

April 2009

15.04.09 Los Angeles (USA)

June 2009

01.06.09 Berlin, Passionskirche (D) - melody

02.06.09 Amsterdam, Concertgebouw (NL) - ingievv

04.06.09 Brussels, Ancienne Belgique (B)

06.06.09 Milan, Franco Parenti (I) - robertina

08.06.09 London, Sadler's Wells (GB)

11.06.09 Paris, Cirque d'Hiver (F)

12.06.09 Paris, Cirque d'Hiver (F)

23.06.09 New York, Le Poisson Rouge (USA)

July 2009

18.07.09 Latitude Festival, Suffolk (GB)

31.07.09 London, Roundhouse (iTunes Festival) (GB)

August 2009

15.08.09 RIX FM Festival, Malmö (S)

September 2009

02.09.09 Brussels, exclusive gig (B) - celien

05.09.09 Blackpool, exclusive gig (GB)

11.09.09 London, The Scala (GB)

12.09.09 Bestival, Isle of Wight (GB)

13.09.09 Munich, exclusive gig (D) - mariposa, melody

21.09.09 Surprise-Gig, London, Bloomsbury Ballroom (GB)

October 2009

12.10.09 Toronto, Sound Academy (CDN)

13.10.09 Montreal, Place des Arts (CDN)

15.10.09 Boston, Orpheum Theatre (USA)

16.10.09 New York, United Palace (USA)

18.10.09 Philadelphia, Electric Factory (USA)

20.10.09 Chicago, Riviera Theatre (USA)

23.10.09 Los Angeles, Hollywood Palladium (USA)

24.10.09 Oakland, Fox Theater (USA) - superstar, lollipopgirl83

26.10.09 Seattle, Moore Theatre (USA)

27.10.09 Vancouver, Orpheum (CDN)

November 2009

24.11.09 Sydney, Enmore Theatre (AUS)

26.11.09 Hong Kong, HITEC Star Hall (CN)

28.11.09 Seoul, AX Hall (ROK)

30.11.09 Tokio, Studio Coast (J)

Sorry I lost track of this thread so I'll update you and hopefully you'll update me (please) I was a BG at both these shows and I'd like to write something up for John.

Are there requirements now? Word length, money to be exchanged, etc.?

Deadline?

• 1 month later...

ok, my new years resolution number one: get this project going. :bleh: i've finally established an e-mail-address for you to send in all the stuff. and decided that i'll simply decide what we'll do, instead of asking everyone what they think. :bleh: ok, so here's the info (will also update the first post with it):

e-mail-address to send in everything: john-project@mikafanclub.de

OR mail address via PM, if you want to send in complete pages.

deadline: february 5, 2010 - so you have a bit more than a month from now. :wink2:

mandatory part: your message to john, 1 Din A4 page.

i won't do any layouting for this, so whatever you want that page to look like is up to you, whether it's just text, just a drawing/pictures, or all of that. i will just print it out like it is. formats etc. see below.

optional: john-related gig memories from 2009, see the list in my next post. 1-2 Din A4 pages for each gig, with or without pictures. if you can't do a layout for this yourself, you can just send me the text (and pictures, if you have), and i'll do it.

if more than one person writes about a gig, please decide among yourselves how you want to divide the space, or if you want to write together. :wink2:

optional: presents for john: lillibet has several things for john, so we'll make a little package to give him with the book - if you have any contributions for that, please let me know. you can send it to me via mail (address per PM) or bring it to london with you, if you're going there.

formats:

Din A4, which means 21.0 × 29.7 cm (or approximately 8.3 × 11.7 inches, but if you can choose cm as measurements, please do that).

please count in a border of 2 cm on the left side of each sheet - it doesn't need to stay blank, but it might be pierced or not completely visible. that means, don't put any text in that area, or any other important information.

file formats: word doc, open office otd, pdf, or common image files (jpg, gif, tif, psd,...) all are ok. just make sure it has the right measurements. alternatively, if you want to add some glitter or anything else that can't be printed to your message, you can send me the sheet per mail (address via pm).

it's up to you which font style & size you use for your layout, within reason of course (not size 6 or size 100 please :bleh:). but please note that if you want to use some outrageous font style that isn't common, you'll have to send me a pdf or image file (image files are not ideal for text though), as i won't be able to see your fonts in word, if i don't have them on my pc. if you prefer the standard look, just use times new roman 12 pt. :wink2:

cover design: is anyone up for designing a cover for the book?

mfc voodoo doll: one voodoo doll that represents the mfc. if you have any ideas for that, please post them here. i can make the doll, but i'm a bit uncreative at the moment as to what should be on it, so i'd be happy about help with that. (example of the general idea here: http://www.prezziesplus.co.uk/user/products/large/traffic-warden-voodoo-doll.jpg ... it should be stuff that john might want the mika-fans to do/not do/feel)

re-written lyrics for "dr john": does anyone have any good ideas for that? if someone is able to write good lyrics, we'll include it, if not then not. :bleh:

the way i'll do it: i'll print out everything and then have it bound in a copyshop. you don't have to pay anything, but i'd be grateful if you didn't use coloured backgrounds for your layout - or if you want to do that, that you send in your pages per mail instead of e-mail. :wink2: john will get the stuff in london end of february. :wink2:

ok, any more questions? :biggrin2:

2009 gig list; if you want to write something about any of those gigs, or about another gig that isn't in the list, please let me know. not all gigs have to be covered of course, but it would be fab to have something for those gigs at which john did something for the fans - whether it's giving out hot chocolate or choosing big girls or organizing the entry with the numbers system. :wink2:

April 2009

15.04.09 Los Angeles (USA) - Fmbm

June 2009

01.06.09 Berlin, Passionskirche (D) - melody

02.06.09 Amsterdam, Concertgebouw (NL) - ingievv

04.06.09 Brussels, Ancienne Belgique (B)

06.06.09 Milan, Franco Parenti (I) - robertina, avoca

08.06.09 London, Sadler's Wells (GB)

11.06.09 Paris, Cirque d'Hiver (F)

12.06.09 Paris, Cirque d'Hiver (F)

23.06.09 New York, Le Poisson Rouge (USA) - foalbaby14

July 2009

18.07.09 Latitude Festival, Suffolk (GB)

31.07.09 London, Roundhouse (iTunes Festival) (GB)

August 2009

15.08.09 RIX FM Festival, Malmö (S)

September 2009

02.09.09 Brussels, exclusive gig (B) - celien

05.09.09 Blackpool, exclusive gig (GB)

11.09.09 London, The Scala (GB)

12.09.09 Bestival, Isle of Wight (GB)

13.09.09 Munich, exclusive gig (D) - mariposa, melody

21.09.09 Surprise-Gig, London, Bloomsbury Ballroom (GB)

October 2009

12.10.09 Toronto, Sound Academy (CDN)

13.10.09 Montreal, Place des Arts (CDN)

15.10.09 Boston, Orpheum Theatre (USA)

16.10.09 New York, United Palace (USA) - Mom4Mika, foalbaby14

18.10.09 Philadelphia, Electric Factory (USA) - Mom4Mika

20.10.09 Chicago, Riviera Theatre (USA)

23.10.09 Los Angeles, Hollywood Palladium (USA)

24.10.09 Oakland, Fox Theater (USA) - superstar, lollipopgirl83, Fmbm

26.10.09 Seattle, Moore Theatre (USA)

27.10.09 Vancouver, Orpheum (CDN)

November 2009

24.11.09 Sydney, Enmore Theatre (AUS)

26.11.09 Hong Kong, HITEC Star Hall (CN)

28.11.09 Seoul, AX Hall (ROK)

30.11.09 Tokio, Studio Coast (J)

December 2009

17.12.09 Amsterdam, Radio Q-Music Gig (NL)

18.12.09 Brussels, Peter Live TV show (B) - Droopsy, Katrien, yooligan

Edited by mellody

re-written lyrics for "dr john": does anyone have any good ideas for that? if someone is able to write good lyrics, we'll include it, if not then not. :bleh:

Kata wrote an unbeatable version of DrJohn and posted it on the poetry thread a couple of weeks ago... It's not about John but about fans. However, we'd still need her permission to include those lyrics for this project, so I hope she visits MFC soon..

Could I sign up to write about the April 15th gig and the October 24th gig, please? :pinkbow:

added. :thumb_yello:

Kata wrote an unbeatable version of DrJohn and posted it on the poetry thread a couple of weeks ago... It's not about John but about fans. However, we'd still need her permission to include those lyrics for this project, so I hope she visits MFC soon..

yeah i read that, it's fab, but like you say yourself, it has nothing to do with john, so not sure if it makes sense to include that one in the project. :dunno:

I will have to think about this so will give you an answer in the next 2 or 3 days if that's ok?

If you have too many people by the time I get back to you then I understand, but I am way too tired to trust my own judgement and I'm doing several things already.

Great idea to you Mellody and to the original Ingie. If I can't help then I fully and completely support you! *Holds up cheer pompoms and dances round in little skirt*

I will have to think about this so will give you an answer in the next 2 or 3 days if that's ok?

If you have too many people by the time I get back to you then I understand, but I am way too tired to trust my own judgement and I'm doing several things already.

Great idea to you Mellody and to the original Ingie. If I can't help then I fully and completely support you! *Holds up cheer pompoms and dances round in little skirt*

sure, no problem... as long as you send in your message to john or gig report about a gig that's not covered yet til feb 5th, you can decide on that day if you feel like it. :bleh: just if you want to write about a gig together with others, of course you'd have to arrange it with them in time. :wink2:

soo... anyone any ideas for the voodoo doll? :fisch: i think what we had so far was "don't give mika more presents than he can carry himself" :naughty: and "one single line, no pictures" - any ideas of phrasing those in a funnier way maybe? :dunno: and we need some more. just has to be short. like here:

ok, uptodate now.

I'll work out smt, but at the moment laptop's crashed, pc is ok but printer won't work and same goes for scanner, so basically I am stuck :biggrin2:

will try and come up with smt decent, though my contribution to enconters with john during 2009 is really poor. now 2008 is totally another story, but I sense that's too old. :blink:

nice idea about the vodoo doll: I think he may want to do an MFC doll, with our "familiar faces", bless him :naughty:

not the best creativity when it comes to sew, but maybe I can find some models to present you with.. :wink2:

sure, no problem... as long as you send in your message to john or gig report about a gig that's not covered yet til feb 5th, you can decide on that day if you feel like it. :bleh: just if you want to write about a gig together with others, of course you'd have to arrange it with them in time. :wink2:

soo... anyone any ideas for the voodoo doll? :fisch: i think what we had so far was "don't give mika more presents than he can carry himself" :naughty: and "one single line, no pictures" - any ideas of phrasing those in a funnier way maybe? :dunno: and we need some more. just has to be short. like here:

Sadly, no gig report for me as I've been to none :no:

But I will do a message :wink2:

"I could've been a doctor..." :roftl:

nice idea about the vodoo doll: I think he may want to do an MFC doll, with our "familiar faces", bless him :naughty:

not the best creativity when it comes to sew, but maybe I can find some models to present you with.. :wink2:

so do you want to sew the doll then? :blink: alright with me too if you want to do that... i just recently bout some felt and stuffing wool for something else, so i thought i could use it for that as well. or did i understand you wrong? :blink: what models do you mean?

you think we should put our faces on the doll? :naughty: hm, why not, maybe on the backside, could be done with print-out ironing foil ... but i don't want my face on the dolls' buttocks please! :lmao:

or we make a "group picture" so small that it fits on the head/face of the doll, but not sure if it's recognizable anymore then. :dunno:

"I could've been a doctor..." :roftl:

john? :blink: did he want to be one? :blink: